Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

PneumonicBook
Sep 26, 2007

Do you like our owl?

Ultra Carp
lol gonna get reported for bming Im sure :(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PneumonicBook
Sep 26, 2007

Do you like our owl?

Ultra Carp

Desert Bus posted:

I win because I have sent everyone who wins against me into a black hole

Every time you play someone add them as a friend, ezpz you never play them again

One weird trick, Blizzard hates it!

PneumonicBook
Sep 26, 2007

Do you like our owl?

Ultra Carp
I've been playing rogue in legend and I see a few others, but yea its mostly druid/spooky mage/quest priest/aggro priest/aggro druid

PneumonicBook
Sep 26, 2007

Do you like our owl?

Ultra Carp

Shockeh posted:

This, but removing the Priest, Aggro Priest, and the Aggro Druid is rare as gently caress. (I've literally played against it twice.)

Everything else is Spooky Mage and Ramp.

I play against them a decent amount, its bizarre and at this point I just mulligan as if the druids aggro every time Im in shithouse legend though, running between 5k and 8k

And now Ive played 3 implocks in a row.

PneumonicBook fucked around with this message at 01:51 on Aug 30, 2022

PneumonicBook
Sep 26, 2007

Do you like our owl?

Ultra Carp
Brann should never have come back to the core set and it's not like there's some weird reason why. He limits design space and is too powerful but it seems like Team 5 enjoys the game being a swingy mess more often than not.

PneumonicBook
Sep 26, 2007

Do you like our owl?

Ultra Carp
I guess I read the runestones patch notes wrong. I was under the impression only battlegrounds stuff would be purchasable with runestones but no, now everything in the shop except for regular packs has this mobile game garbage currency attached to it. Not like you could buy a lot of stuff with gold before but this is what I would call "Not a great look".

EDIT: Yea so everything that used to have a $ price is now...runestones.

PneumonicBook
Sep 26, 2007

Do you like our owl?

Ultra Carp

GTO posted:

They could even cycle in an interesting legendary (zephyrs?) to make up for it.

Haha nah

PneumonicBook
Sep 26, 2007

Do you like our owl?

Ultra Carp
I see that you can get runestones from bg quests, so that's something. I dunno, maybe the standard reward track won't have any bg stuff anymore which would be good. I'd imagine they'd keep the big and merc stuff on it though to promote playing multiple modes

PneumonicBook
Sep 26, 2007

Do you like our owl?

Ultra Carp

Excelzior posted:

:confused: they give BG track XP, not runestones

Yep, I was wrong.

:aloom:

PneumonicBook
Sep 26, 2007

Do you like our owl?

Ultra Carp
On the one hand it's nice that they can sell skins for cheaper, on the other hand actually you can't buy them for the exact amount so lol mobile gaming currencies! It's a shame because the BG quest update is actually pretty fun.

PneumonicBook
Sep 26, 2007

Do you like our owl?

Ultra Carp

Toshimo posted:

Yes. Just looking at the leaderboard numbers from week 1, there's been a massive number of people playing BGs. Turns out the Season Pass wasn't the apocalypse people predicted.

Putting in more cash only options is cool and good actually!

PneumonicBook
Sep 26, 2007

Do you like our owl?

Ultra Carp
Just play around Sire by hail marying a Theodar or not killing your opponents board and dying anyway!

PneumonicBook
Sep 26, 2007

Do you like our owl?

Ultra Carp

Firebert posted:

just...concede...

New thread title

PneumonicBook
Sep 26, 2007

Do you like our owl?

Ultra Carp

Last King posted:

congrats! i remember the first time, and it was really great.

hopefully we'll get the mini-set soon because trying to play right now feels like playing with nerf guns.... i actually started playing bgs :smith:

My playing generally hits the same trajectory. After a month or so of a new expac mostly playing standard but then swap to bgs because the meta gets stale for whatever reason.

PneumonicBook
Sep 26, 2007

Do you like our owl?

Ultra Carp
Small indy company you see

PneumonicBook
Sep 26, 2007

Do you like our owl?

Ultra Carp
If the rogue hadn't played either by turn 7 that rogue was losing the game anyway.

PneumonicBook
Sep 26, 2007

Do you like our owl?

Ultra Carp
Ah good, useable with brann. Yes, fantastic.

PneumonicBook
Sep 26, 2007

Do you like our owl?

Ultra Carp

No Wave posted:

Are you sure?

No because the way brann interacts with some cards is weird. Will you be able to target two seperate things or will it work like say, Toxfin? Almost assuredly the latter now that I think about it

PneumonicBook
Sep 26, 2007

Do you like our owl?

Ultra Carp
Lol

Play Mal'Ganis after The Jailor and only lose to untargetted removal

PneumonicBook fucked around with this message at 20:09 on Sep 22, 2022

PneumonicBook
Sep 26, 2007

Do you like our owl?

Ultra Carp
Immune prevents damage and targeting. Blizzard will still freeze them, whirlpool clears, shaman can devolve them, etc

efb

PneumonicBook
Sep 26, 2007

Do you like our owl?

Ultra Carp

Firebert posted:

Bolf is cheaper and neutral!

Lol Bolf makes his return

PneumonicBook
Sep 26, 2007

Do you like our owl?

Ultra Carp

victorious posted:

I think Devolve would work but they'd still be immune after?

They would yea.

PneumonicBook
Sep 26, 2007

Do you like our owl?

Ultra Carp
Yes the way they design sets/cards/rotations doesn't really seem like they have much of an overarching design plan. Like I'd imagine that they would lay out exactly the archetypes they want to push for a given year and set the core cards with that in mind.

PneumonicBook
Sep 26, 2007

Do you like our owl?

Ultra Carp
Small indie company

PneumonicBook
Sep 26, 2007

Do you like our owl?

Ultra Carp

McSharpie posted:

First game against a Jailer opponent they played a minion with taunt and even though there was no indicator that my minions or hero had any valid targets I could still attack face. Well done Blizzard.

Immune negates Taunt. That's how it's always been. Why? Well you see Immune isn't just "Prevents all damage" It prevents your opponent from performing any action that would target the creature. Since taunt requires you to target it, Immune negates the taunt, so you can go face.

Edit: Nathanos is completely broken. If your deathrattle minion has any negative status (silence/frozen) Nathanos gains that status as does the deathrattle you get in your hand. lmao. Good job QAing your code Team 5, jfc.

PneumonicBook fucked around with this message at 01:44 on Sep 28, 2022

PneumonicBook
Sep 26, 2007

Do you like our owl?

Ultra Carp
lol, let me tell you all about going 13-0 to Legend with Fel Relic Demon Hunter. As soon as you can leverage Relic of Dimensions the games over, you're ability to high roll is insane. That 13-0 was 1 Mage, 3 Hunters, 2 Priests, 1 Warlock, 2 Rogues, 2 Druids, 1 Demon Hunter and 1 Shaman, a pretty decent spread of classes. I Stopped last night at Rank 2 3 stars and finished tonight.

### Custom Demon Hunter
# Class: Demon Hunter
# Format: Standard
# Year of the Hydra
#
# 2x (1) Fury (Rank 1)
# 2x (1) Relic of Extinction
# 2x (1) Sigil of Alacrity
# 2x (2) Chaos Strike
# 2x (2) Fel Barrage
# 2x (2) Relic Vault
# 1x (3) Aldrachi Warblades
# 1x (3) Brann Bronzebeard
# 1x (3) Lady S'theno
# 2x (3) Predation
# 2x (3) Relic of Phantasms
# 2x (3) Venomous Scorpid
# 1x (4) Blademaster Okani
# 2x (4) School Teacher
# 2x (5) Relic of Dimensions
# 1x (6) Kurtrus, Demon-Render
# 1x (7) Xhilag of the Abyss
# 1x (8) Artificer Xy'mox
# 1x (8) Jace Darkweaver
#
AAECAdO+BQiN9wOHiwSDnwTHsgT7vwT+vwSY1ASq3QQLlugDwvEDifcDivcDtp8ElrcEmLoEr94EsN4EquIEheUEAA==
#
# To use this deck, copy it to your clipboard and create a new deck in Hearthstone

PneumonicBook
Sep 26, 2007

Do you like our owl?

Ultra Carp
Wild maw druid is a very bad deck but once every ten games it works out and it's hilarious.

PneumonicBook
Sep 26, 2007

Do you like our owl?

Ultra Carp

Last King posted:

yep, can confirm first hand that trying the dr. boom lab experiment puzzles will likely brick your game and you'll then need to contact blizz support for them to manually unlock your account. i too was trying to catch up on old content and multiple time in previous patches tried to finish the ones i was missing only to have the game lock up in an endless loop.

fwiw, the rest of the solo content seems to be ok still and i didn't have any troubles with the other adventures (so far).

What the gently caress would even cause that?

I was just thinking of going back and doing some of the heroic stuff I missed but yikes

PneumonicBook
Sep 26, 2007

Do you like our owl?

Ultra Carp
I'd get a wildheart guff. I know it's an awful broken card and druid is making everyone angry but I really liked the deck options it opened up, the art's really cool, and it has a sweet owl on it. Also Guff's a cool guy.

PneumonicBook
Sep 26, 2007

Do you like our owl?

Ultra Carp
Thought I was losing my mind when I was drawing seemingly random amounts of cards.

PneumonicBook
Sep 26, 2007

Do you like our owl?

Ultra Carp
Speaking of druids, I was playing a completely ridiculous Yogg Druid deck in Wild that can only win off Yogg yolos. Last game I had 28 spells and yogg threw out two yogg boxes, the Warrior conceded before everything resolved :(

For Beast Hunter I can see them nerfing the Bear wild seed to 4 toughness and reverting the buffs on Harpoon and Pet Collector but I'm not sure the deck actually needs to be nerfed, it's biggest strength is consistency with all the tutoring. I guess turn 4 Hydralon's don't feel great though.

Edit: haha beast hunter has a favorable matchup against every meta deck besides aggro druid and naga/bless priest. yikes.

PneumonicBook fucked around with this message at 17:11 on Oct 7, 2022

PneumonicBook
Sep 26, 2007

Do you like our owl?

Ultra Carp
I'd say it absolutely should be taken into account. If a deck has favorable matchups against everything the design team has failed at either making other compelling decks that are competitive, or are bad at considering overall power level of standard in general when designing expansion cards.

I think it's more the latter than the former.

PneumonicBook
Sep 26, 2007

Do you like our owl?

Ultra Carp
lol, very cool that beast hunters all over wild too. tundra rhino with hydra is a cool thing

PneumonicBook
Sep 26, 2007

Do you like our owl?

Ultra Carp

OMFG FURRY posted:

did they fix him giving a beast rush even when it doesn't get summoned on the board?

I hadn't heard about this but when he pulls Hydralodon the arms don't get rush so I would assume whatever the issue was is fixed.

PneumonicBook
Sep 26, 2007

Do you like our owl?

Ultra Carp

Patrick Spens posted:

I mean, rules as written that makes sense. The hydralodon gets rush, but the arms are separate creatures and so don't get that buff, and the battlecry doesn't trigger so the arms don't get rush that way. It's annoying, but I don't think it's a bug.

Yea that's what I was saying.

I was assuming the bug was iceman giving rush to things it shouldn't, like the hydra arms.

Edit: lol iceman. Leaving that.

You two are conflating what the bug is. The hydra arms shouldn't get rush when pulled out from a wing commander hydra, which is what currently happens. I was taking a guess that maybe it was giving them rush when it shouldn't be, but I don't think anyone's actually said what the bug IS/WAS.

The only thing google's giving me is a "bug" with lake thresher and some texture bugs

PneumonicBook fucked around with this message at 01:47 on Oct 11, 2022

PneumonicBook
Sep 26, 2007

Do you like our owl?

Ultra Carp

Tezzeract posted:

Any strats against Implocks and Priests? Think I'm just bad at the game :D

You have to mulligan hard for the low end of your deck and hope you can curve out while still working towards building threats. It's difficult. I'm 3-2 against implocks, aggro druids are more or less the same. Priest I haven't ran into yet but hope youve got a devouring swarm and use your school teacher's to try and get another one or two so you can snipe their giant nagas with the spiders.

PneumonicBook
Sep 26, 2007

Do you like our owl?

Ultra Carp
Man I should have played more last night. The rogue deck I was playing was absolutely feasting on hunters and now there won't be any on the ladder :(

PneumonicBook
Sep 26, 2007

Do you like our owl?

Ultra Carp

kater posted:

why the gently caress would theotar playrate change because he costs 5 now instead of 4. are they dumb?

*gestures wildly at Hearthstone in general*

PneumonicBook
Sep 26, 2007

Do you like our owl?

Ultra Carp
And yet if Beasts are around someone is always able to put it together, somehow.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PneumonicBook
Sep 26, 2007

Do you like our owl?

Ultra Carp

Toshimo posted:

lmao never stop "exploiting" I guess.

He had the same comp but worse.

Toshimo posted:

Only in slow, low MMR lobbies. When people actually learn to play, they often get punished out or people learn to play around it. It's a strong build, but that's in a field of strong builds.