Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Strawberry Panda
Nov 4, 2007

Breakfast Defecting, Slow Dick Touching, Root Beer Barreling SwagVP
CMBrick #1242 for a friend challenge quest!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Strawberry Panda
Nov 4, 2007

Last King posted:

still need this done?

Yep! Sorry had to log off earlier.

Strawberry Panda
Nov 4, 2007

I'm one more legendary away from having the full set. I will have enough dust to craft but if the card is Halkias. Should I bother or just save my dust until the next expansion?

Strawberry Panda
Nov 4, 2007

Yeah kind of figured. I do like getting all the cards though but can spend that dust getting good legendaries in the next set.

Thanks!

Strawberry Panda
Nov 4, 2007

goferchan posted:

I mean assuming you're playing regularly you will almost certainly open that card before the next expansion comes out. Standard packs don't have a pity timer iirc but they do have dupe protection so if you've been collecting all cards each expansion it will be your next legendary.

If it's my last legendary in my set do I also get a golden one as the reward?

Strawberry Panda
Nov 4, 2007

GTO posted:

You get a diamond version of something for getting all the legendaries in a set right?

Even better!

Strawberry Panda
Nov 4, 2007

I played way too much Relic DH today. After initial success I levelled out to 50/50. The deck just doesn't really work if you don't have the location cards.

Strawberry Panda
Nov 4, 2007

Thief Priest is really fun when I have it going but I'm just as liable to gently caress it up and concede quickly.

Strawberry Panda
Nov 4, 2007

Oenis posted:

I thought the meta of ramp druid and mage was much more enjoyable than the absolute dominance that wallet midrange hunter presents. Very boring. Worst part is, it's likely to stay this way until the mini set. Ugh.

Mini-set will most likely come out in a couple weeks so won't be too long.

Strawberry Panda
Nov 4, 2007

I never look at deck stats anymore but is relic DH top tier? I've been crushing with it.

Strawberry Panda
Nov 4, 2007

Got to legend for the 2nd time this month. And I'm not in the 15000s like I was last time!

Strawberry Panda
Nov 4, 2007

I like Theotar even when I'm playing against one. Makes you have to play more aggressively and be less greedy. Enables different game states than just gently caress you I win now. Like poo poo I need to play this powerful card ASAP or else I'm get hosed.

Strawberry Panda
Nov 4, 2007

Color Printer posted:

someone just used that minion that repeats the last battlecry you played to repeat theotar. They obviously didn't get to choose and my order in the court got swapped for their sire denathrius. they immediately conceded. weird, crazy, wonder why

I can't imagine running that minion alongside theotar. That just sounds like an accident waiting to happen

Another fun thing is when you have Theotar and have nothing you want to trade away. And then when someone plays him and you only have bullshit on your hand.

Good, fun card.

Strawberry Panda
Nov 4, 2007

GTO posted:

I get to d5 every month no matter what deck I play. However even with a broken strong deck legendary is still a grind.

So I just play decks I find fun to play and I tend to not enjoy hunter that much.

Same. I just choose a deck based on what my daily quest tells me I need to play.

Strawberry Panda
Nov 4, 2007

I really really suck against the Jailer Paladin deck.

Strawberry Panda
Nov 4, 2007

Jolly Jumbuck posted:

Just a reminder to get your flu shots. I haven't had the flu in nearly 20 years and forgot how debilitating it can be. The headache was so intense I couldn't even play hearthstone on my phone, all i could do was just curl up and not sleep because of the headache.

I once got the flu on back to back NYEs. It's not fun!

Strawberry Panda
Nov 4, 2007

I've become obsessed with boar priest. The only way I want to win from now on.

Strawberry Panda
Nov 4, 2007

kater posted:

Why did they start the Halloween event on November 1st

They did this last year too. It's because the release calendar got messed up at some point -- new sets used to release in mid-November but now they release beginning of December.

Strawberry Panda
Nov 4, 2007

RatHat posted:

Oh you get them from just playing too? I thought they were only from the event quests

Nah you get them after every game you play.

Strawberry Panda
Nov 4, 2007

Doctor Spaceman posted:

I've been enjoying a lot of Rarran's videos but this recent one (where he and two other streamers took on an high-level player) was one of his best.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mvTzW7pageQ

It was a lot of fun and also really cool to see someone talk through their decision making.

Rarran was my favorite when I'd watch HS videos non-stop. Thanks for posting. Was a super fun watch.

Strawberry Panda
Nov 4, 2007

The DH scythe is bugged I think. I've played two games now where none of the 1 cost spells to discover the minion in my deck triggered. So I just played two games with 27 cards and no minions...

Edit: Just looked it up and looks like it's a big when playing against Renathol decks. Terrible!

Strawberry Panda fucked around with this message at 07:07 on Dec 7, 2022

Strawberry Panda
Nov 4, 2007

Twitch had it set as two packs each day for two days when I looked at progress yesterday. But maybe that was wrong!

Strawberry Panda
Nov 4, 2007

victorious posted:

I had 80% progress on the first pack carried over from yesterday, left my laptop on Solary's channel overnight and woke up to claim 2 packs and no progress on any more.

I had 68% on my 2nd pack yesterday and then Thijs logged off. Booted up today and now have 1% on an entirely new pack.

Maybe you can only get 2 packs for both days but progress doesn't carry over from day to day.

Strawberry Panda
Nov 4, 2007

I logged on and was gifted a legendary card so I guess I benefited from the nerfs somehow.

Strawberry Panda
Nov 4, 2007

victorious posted:

Were you one of the ones who had the diamond/signature duplicate legendary thing? I was and got a free Legendary just now too.

Ah, this must be the reason. The thing with the signature cards is that since they all look the same it's hard to remember which ones you have in your collection.

I'm only 2 legendaries away from having the whole set. Shout out to the dude who told me about the Google Opinion surveys. Love banking Google Play points and Gold for future sets.

Strawberry Panda
Nov 4, 2007

Doctor Spaceman posted:

Just can't find something to get to work for D10 to D5. Evolve Shaman and Spell Demon Hunter should be viable but I struggle to make them work.

Same. I keep facing dumb Implocks.

Strawberry Panda
Nov 4, 2007

Doji Sekushi posted:

I haven’t been able to play much the last couple of weeks, so I stole Nohands’ control pally list and it’s been working loving wonders:

### Paladingdong
# Class: Paladin
# Format: Standard
# Year of the Hydra
#
# 2x (1) Flight of the Bronze
# 1x (1) Holy Maki Roll
# 2x (1) Knight of Anointment
# 1x (1) Righteous Protector
# 2x (1) Sinful Sous Chef
# 1x (2) Astalor Bloodsworn
# 2x (2) Battle Vicar
# 2x (2) City Tax
# 2x (2) Equality
# 1x (2) Order in the Court
# 2x (3) Alliance Bannerman
# 1x (3) Bunker Sergeant
# 2x (3) Muckborn Servant
# 1x (4) Blademaster Okani
# 1x (4) Blademaster Samuro
# 1x (4) Cariel Roame
# 1x (7) Anachronos
# 1x (7) Mr. Smite
# 1x (7) The Leviathan
# 1x (8) Lightforged Cariel
# 2x (9) Lightray
#
AAECAcreBQz76AOR7AO/gATgiwTJoATSpASwsgTHsgTQvQTA4gSvkwXipAUJzOsD8PYDi/gD7p8E0KwE4tMEgOIEv+IEp5MFAA==
#
# To use this deck, copy it to your clipboard and create a new deck in Hearthstone

It’s working really well at least into Diamond. We’ll see once I have time to get past D5

I suck rear end at this deck. Any tips for piloting?

Strawberry Panda
Nov 4, 2007

Wow the Tavern Brawl this week is really a coin flip. If you go first, you win!

Strawberry Panda
Nov 4, 2007

Hearthstone is in a good place if I'm winning a lot. It sucks when I'm losing!

Strawberry Panda
Nov 4, 2007

TyrantWD posted:

Am I the only one conceding as soon as the opponent is revealed to be a blood DK? I have no desire to play through a 35 minute game. Had runs where I had to concede 5 games in a row, but I'd rather not climb than spend 3 hours playing 5 games.

DK sucks so bad. Gaining ten health whenever they seemingly drat well please is annoying as poo poo.

Strawberry Panda
Nov 4, 2007

Mayveena posted:

I wish I could get both of mine out by turn 6, noting that I play sometimes a little more conservative against decks I know that can do a board wipe.

Every time I drop both by turn 6 they get wiped to high heaven. So I generally keep them until there's something on the board I want to protect or if I just need to play something.

Strawberry Panda
Nov 4, 2007

I was able to climb back to diamond 5 months after not getting there with the Relic DH deck. That photographer card is so fun to create chaotic bullshit to end games.

Strawberry Panda
Nov 4, 2007

Went against one of these earlier and had no idea what the heck was going on.

Strawberry Panda
Nov 4, 2007

The Lord Bude posted:

VS says face hunter is the most powerful deck in the meta but hardly anyone is playing it - maybe look at their list?

I'm playing it now and went like 5-1 today, only losing to a Warrior who I got down to one health that then gained like 25 armor.

Strawberry Panda
Nov 4, 2007

peer posted:

my opponent: emotes "You are a worthy adversary." as he hits me for lethal

me: you FUCKIBNG arrogant son of a bitch

I only well played right before I concede or I know I've lost.

Strawberry Panda
Nov 4, 2007

Wow haven't been able to buy a win today lol.

Strawberry Panda
Nov 4, 2007

Desert Bus posted:

Have you considered playing better?

Lol I don't play this game to think strategically, I just like to click the mouse and watch the animations.

Strawberry Panda
Nov 4, 2007

School teacher is such an insane card. Games can swing just on dropping the drat 1-cost minion with the right spell attached to it.

Strawberry Panda
Nov 4, 2007

Scrub-Niggurath posted:

Anyway, as much lame as it feels to hit legend with the same deck two months in a row, been having a lot of fun with this slightly reworked Outcast DH

### Cast Out
# Class: Demon Hunter
# Format: Standard
# Year of the Wolf
#
# 1x (1) Calamity's Grasp
# 2x (1) Crimson Sigil Runner
# 2x (1) Fierce Outsider
# 2x (1) Illidari Studies
# 2x (1) Shambling Chow
# 2x (1) Vicious Slitherspear
# 2x (2) SECURITY!!
# 2x (2) Spectral Sight
# 2x (2) Wayward Sage
# 2x (2) Wretched Exile
# 2x (3) Hawkstrider Rancher
# 2x (3) Rush the Stage
# 1x (4) Felerin, the Forgotten
# 2x (4) Glaivetar
# 1x (4) Halveria Darkraven
# 1x (4) Pozzik, Audio Engineer
# 2x (7) Vengeful Walloper
#
AAECAdD8BQSkkgWPpQX0yAXn9QUNs6AEtKAEiLIE+b8EiJIFj5IFlJIFjaUFhaoFpMMF9MMF6/UF4fgFAAA=
#
# To use this deck, copy it to your clipboard and create a new deck in Hearthstone

Cut the nerfed naga package (Stheno, predation, dispose of evidence) and went more in on the Hawkstrider Ranchers (which are kind of nuts with this deck)

Biggest tweak that I think has been putting in work have been the Shambling Chows. They’re phenomenal for contesting 1 mana 1/2s, they’re a good turn 1 play just by themself, they’re insane with the ranchers, and they’re another good trigger for Halveria

The calamity’s grasp is very much a “I can’t figure out the 30th card so this will have to do” situation. I’m sure Astalor could do work there instead but wanted to try the weapon out (I tried a version with two copies of the weapon and two battlefiends but it wasn’t as good)

I'm gonna use this tomorrow and Friday and see if I can get to D5 with it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Strawberry Panda
Nov 4, 2007

I have the Watch A Friend Win a game daily so add me if you'd let me watch you!

CMBrick #1242