Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

Beasteh posted:

I'm so loving tired of mage

What dunks on mage

Hunters and Ramp Druids dunk on them, Rogues and Enrage Warriors are about even

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

Oenis posted:

If they're hitting neutrals it sounds like they're going after denathrius? Maybe remove the initial 5 damage, or make it infuse 2 instead of 1? Or they could also maybe go after kael, but I haven't found him to be that backbreaking. Going after my boy theotar would be counter intuitive, it feels like it's the only thing you can use to defend yourself against the combo pieces, even if it's mostly used in mirror matches.

Other than the ubiquitous legendaries (Brann/Kael/Denathrius/Theotar) I think the only other neutral card that sees major play is Insatiable Devourer; maybe they nerf the infused form to eat a random adjacent minion instead of both?

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

I still think Insatiable Devourer is a problem card. It heavily punishes one of the only ways to play around Denathrius (playing big stats to absorb the damage). It also makes Druid’s supposed weakness of lack of hard removal completely irrelevant, since now playing big minions against them results in a devastating tempo swing as they gain a 20/20 minion that clears your biggest stuff

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

peer posted:

i think the fact that devourer is barely played outside druid indicates it's not in itself the problem, but rather druid's ramp-on-demand and endless boards of x/1s with rush

I disagree about it being barely played, it’s a 2-of in both shaman and big hunter. I don’t think it’s as egregious in those classes since it’s easier to position your board against them compared to druid, but it’s still the most widely ran Nathria neutral card that isn’t a legendary

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

For me the funny thing about Halkias is how he came out the same set as another 4 mana legendary secret synergy card that’s actually good

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

On one hand gently caress Kael on the other hand druids don’t even care so lol

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

AnacondaHL posted:

In general minor changes do way more than players think they do, but even moreso in this meta. Just one -1/-1 change killed Imp Warlock, for example.

Imp Warlock’s hardly dead, it’s just in a much worse position in the meta. It’s always struggled against mage and edwin miracle rogue crushes it.

It’s still one of the strongest counters to ramp Druid and still does well against most of the other decks, making it still a good deck to hit legend with, but when you get to the ranks where it’s all Mage/Druid/Rogue it’s better to run aggro Druid to pick up more wins against the Rogues while still beating Druid handily

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

Toshimo posted:

Yeah, that's the point where you are selling Nomi to hard roll Tunnel Blaster and golden Selfless. Live and learn.

Not really unless he’s actually miles ahead of everyone else, there’s still 5 players left. He lost a 1-in-10

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

Oenis posted:

Also yeah Sylvanas is pretty good on paper (especially when compared to vanilla HS cards like assassinate or mind control), but when I look at how you usually die in this meta it's rarely from any single huge beatstick but most frequently a board full of varied minions of all sizes. Or face damage with spells, which this also does nothing against.

It’s going to be massive for decks like Mage/Hunter/DH/Warlock which don’t really have any way to deal with a massive naga priest minion in the midgame

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

Veev posted:

Also doesn't let your own secrets pop, not that I can see how that'd be useful.

If you’re trying to have a bunch of secrets up at once for Orion/Chatty Bartender/Halkias I guess it works? But you still need to be able to kill it off once you play the payoff card. Seems more anti-secret focused to me

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

DH Legendary: 4 mana 2/6 demon battlecry your opponent can only play the left and right most cards next turn

Priest
—1 mana shadow spell that marks a minion and destroys it after you play a copied card
—4 mana 2/6 dragon deathrattle copy a card from your opponents hand
—3 mana holy spell give a minion +2/+3 and “only you can target this with spells/hero powers”

Warlock
—3 mana shadow spell discover a friendly minion that died, resurrect it with rush, it dies at the end of the turn
—2 mana fire spell that marks a minion and destroys it after you take damage
—2 mana 1/1 demon (imp) battlecry transform into a copy of a friendly Imp

Rogue
—6 mana 4/4 rush costs 1 less for each card played this turn
—2 mana secret at the start of your turn discover a secret from another class and cast it
—2 mana spell mark a minion, destroy it after another enemy minion dies

Scrub-Niggurath fucked around with this message at 18:08 on Sep 24, 2022

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

Paging Mr. Tonk Hunter!

Hunter Legendary:

6 mana 5/4 battlecry discover a friendly deathrattle minion that died this game, trigger and gain its deathrattle

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

goferchan posted:

What does the Cavalry Horn do for you there with a bunch of 1-drops in the deck? I don't think it's summons count as "played" for Kael

I think the idea is that you play two 1 drops, break the weapon to pull out Kael, and then play jailer; the obvious problem is that if your deck is a bunch of 1 cost minions then it’s very likely one of them will get pulled by the horn instead of Kael

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

All fel breaks loose might be kinda nuts. Resurrecting multiple illidari inquisitors can do a poo poo ton of face damage, and you get to recast it with Jace

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

AnacondaHL posted:

CAVEAT: Time's up though, everything could change tomorrow

On one hand there’s a lot of cheap hard removal being added, which naga priest is definitely dreading.

On the other hand hand, the “give a minion +2/+3 and only you can target it with spells” counters almost all of the hard removal that’s being added

On the other other hand, if Sylvanas sees widespread play she’s going to be a huge pain since her battlecry can go through the “can’t be targeted” buff

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

Trump made a secret quest rogue deck and it’s been on an absolute tear for me

### SI:7 Secret Operative
# Class: Rogue
# Format: Standard
# Year of the Hydra
#
# 2x (0) Shadowstep
# 2x (1) Blackwater Cutlass
# 1x (1) Find the Imposter
# 2x (1) SI:7 Extortion
# 2x (2) Double Cross
# 1x (2) Kidnap
# 2x (2) Perjury
# 2x (2) SI:7 Skulker
# 2x (2) Sketchy Stranger
# 1x (2) Sticky Situation
# 2x (2) Tooth of Nefarian
# 2x (3) Ghastly Gravedigger
# 1x (3) Prince Renathal
# 2x (3) SI:7 Agent
# 2x (3) SI:7 Operative
# 2x (3) SI:7 Smuggler
# 1x (4) Edwin, Defias Kingpin
# 1x (4) Halkias
# 2x (4) Private Eye
# 2x (4) Scuttlebutt Ghoul
# 2x (4) SI:7 Informant
# 1x (6) Crabatoa
# 2x (7) SI:7 Assassin
# 1x (8) Shadowcrafter Scabbs
#
AAECAdW+BQim+QPtgAT7igTYtgTe2gTf2gTg2gSX7wQQn/QDofQDovQDo/UDpvUDvYAE9Z8E9p8E+awE/qwE3NAE3NoE3doEkt8Ew+ME9+0EAA==
#
# To use this deck, copy it to your clipboard and create a new deck in Hearthstone

I’m not sure yet if I prefer this or the 30 card version; either way the new rogue secret is super busted and gravedigger ruins more games than theotar.

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

Revert pet collector to a 3/3 (or 4/3), harpoon to a 2 mana discount

Honestly I think the wildseeds are fine; they’re strong but usually slow enough that it doesn’t feel oppressive. If there’s a nerf to make I’d change Wild Spirits to only reduce the dormant time of its minions rather than all your dormant minions

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

ferroque posted:

Format needs more lethality so badly. Every deck being a giant minion pile is so boring.

I blame Renathal

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

I think it’s really funny how even some of the HS devs were like “yeah secret rogue’s kind of a miss, maybe we shouldn’t have done it” and now it’s one of the strongest 8-10 card packages in the class and shows up across multiple archetypes

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

The meta feels great; every class has at least one legend viable deck, and there are a lot fewer explosive highrolls

Can’t wait to see how it gets ruined tomorrow

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

Freeze shaman is back baby

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

Drakkari Enchanter (3 mana 1/5 your end of turn effects trigger twice) plus Xhilag is pretty spicy

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

drat the games nearly unplayable right now, every match freezes and crashes at the end and I can't even use the deckbuilder half the time

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

Mayveena posted:

All I see is the one spell. Can someone give me the name of a card that I can look up? Thanks!

It’s not gonna be listed under a new set like the legendary spell, it’s all been added automatically to the core set. Just flip through the legendary cards and you’ll see a “new” death knight hero card for each class for example

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

fun question of “how many turns do you need for it to be worth playing a War Golem”

I’d say probably 5-6? It’s an ok wincon but only if you play it pretty early

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

Lurks With Wolves posted:

It's the kind of effect hardcore blood control needs to actually have a win condition that isn't boring as hell, so I'm not going to complain.

I just don’t see long term incremental damage working as a win condition in a world where Denathrius exists

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

DO IT TO IT posted:

How in the world are you supposed to beat these Priest decks that just play the same 8/8 Rush that re-summons when it dies over and over?

The 4 mana mage spell that removes a minion from the game is an extremely satisfying way to deal with them

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

I think sanguine soldier looks really strong, cheap and efficient divine shield minions are really strong with all the handbuffs Paladin has going for it

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

Kalko posted:

edit: playing it with Bran in play would send everything away, then send the dragon itself away... I think?

It’s “all other minions” so it never sends itself

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

Do the concoctions infinitely accumulate or do you just mix two together at a time

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

I can’t tell what it is I hate most: denathrius, renathal, or the way they work together

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

bravesword posted:

So granted, we haven't seen all the cards yet, and granted, it's a pretty open-ended theme (so they could be seeding cards for next year after the Deathrattle and Fel packages rotate)... but it's so weird to go all-in on Outcast tribal as a theme right now. The full list of Outcast cards in Standard is as follows:

Crimson Sigil Runner
Spectral Sight
Wayward Sage
Eye Beam
Gan'arg Glaivesmith
Chaos Leech
Kurtrus Ashfallen
Vengeful Spirit

So, at best, you can destroy a few medium sized creatures and draw some cards. (And two of the new Outcast payoff cards add more cards to your hand as their "reward.") I just don't see what this deck is supposed to look like, even setting aside the question of how good it's going to be. How do you win? None of these cards are proactive in any way.

Not that it’s any good but don’t forget Razorglaive Sentinel for the pseudo outcast synergy

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

skaboomizzy posted:

I'm playing Relic DH right now and I could maybe see Spell DH happening, maybe you keep Jace Darkweaver in and hope you burn through your deck to draw him by turn 8?

You could probably get away with Jace and maybe Denathrius along with abyssal depths to more consistently tutor them out. More than 2 minions gets dicey

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

Gotta say ultimately this has been my favorite deck of the season

### Vanndar Rogue
# Class: Rogue
# Year of the Hydra
#
# 2x (0) Preparation
# 2x (0) Shadowstep
# 2x (1) Blackwater Cutlass
# 2x (1) Gone Fishin'
# 2x (1) SI:7 Extortion
# 2x (2) Double Cross
# 2x (2) Perjury
# 2x (2) Serrated Bone Spike
# 2x (2) Sticky Situation
# 1x (3) Brann Bronzebeard
# 2x (3) Field Contact
# 2x (3) Ghastly Gravedigger
# 1x (3) Prince Renathal
# 2x (3) Shroud of Concealment
# 1x (4) Blademaster Okani
# 1x (4) Edwin, Defias Kingpin
# 2x (4) Private Eye
# 1x (4) Scabbs Cutterbutter
# 2x (4) School Teacher
# 2x (4) Scuttlebutt Ghoul
# 1x (4) Vanndar Stormpike
# 1x (5) Theotar, the Mad Duke
# 1x (6) Crabatoa
# 1x (8) Shadowcrafter Scabbs
# 1x (10) Sire Denathrius
#
AAECAY7ABAqd8APtgAT7igSnjQTHsgTYtgTp0ASY1AS42QSX7wQPqOsD/u4DofQDvYAE9p8E958Et7MElrcE3NAE3NoE3doE3toE9d0Ew+ME9+0EAA==
#
# To use this deck, copy it to your clipboard and create a new deck in Hearthstone

It’s got a little bit of everything. Disruption with the gravediggers and theotar, just a tiny bit of rng with the school teachers and perjurys, and just enough insane blowout potential that it doesn’t feel like the only way the deck can win. It feels a little bit like Control Shaman crossed with Secret Mage

Oh and obviously renathal/denathrius because at this point in the season I’m firmly in the “if you can’t beat ‘em, join ‘em” camp

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

AnacondaHL posted:

The base package looks like Stheno, Jace, and Xymox, but I think Xymox will be cut for something more streamlined (others think Stheno will be cut first).

The minions will be Jace, Denathrius and a third minion, probably whatever the most busted neutral from the set is

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

Jolly Jumbuck posted:

I like Castle Nathria in general, but have soured on Sire Denathrius. I used to like it as a closer for control decks, but mass token generation makes it too harsh in my opinion. Just like that one demon hunter card has "Infuse Demon" as an infuse condition, I feel like Denathrius should at least have "Infuse with a Minion You Played", or only target minions with its battlecry or something.

I think starting with the battlecry dealing 1 or 0 damage would be a good way to tone down Denathrius’ power without redesigning or fundamentally changing the card

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

thebardyspoon posted:

No, I'm seeing a lot of people saying they think it looks dumb which is a stronger word than a little weird but is probably similar. There's definitely something a little off about both that and the signature cards in my opinion, in different ways.

imho they both look like hot garbage, for different reasons. The animated portraits look like something from runeterra or one of the other CCG competitors, and the signature cards are completely indistinguishable on smaller screens. I play on my phone and I literally couldn't tell a single one apart from watching the prerelase streams

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

oh cool death knight with my free leftover arena ticket, I'm sure the decks can't be as insane as people are sa---

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

I think 3 blood dk is super overrated.

Something like 2 blood 1 unholy or 2 unholy 1 blood with all the discover cards you can fit and the neutral finishers of brann/astalor/insatiable devourer/denathrius has felt a lot more consistent and well-rounded

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

Here's my favorite DK deck so far

### Unholy Tokens
# Class: Death Knight
# Year of the Hydra
#
# 2x (1) Body Bagger
# 2x (1) Noxious Cadaver
# 1x (2) Astalor Bloodsworn
# 2x (2) Battlefield Necromancer
# 2x (2) Maze Guide
# 2x (2) Necrotic Mortician
# 1x (3) Blightfang
# 1x (3) Brann Bronzebeard
# 2x (3) Chillfallen Baron
# 2x (3) Nerubian Vizier
# 1x (3) Prince Renathal
# 2x (3) Soulbreaker
# 2x (3) Venomous Scorpid
# 2x (4) School Teacher
# 2x (4) Tomb Guardians
# 2x (5) Army of the Dead
# 1x (5) Taelan Fordring
# 2x (6) Gnome Muncher
# 1x (6) Sylvanas, the Accused
# 1x (7) Mutanus the Devourer
# 1x (7) Patchwerk
# 2x (8) Boneguard Commander
# 2x (9) Insatiable Devourer
# 1x (9) The Scourge
# 1x (10) Sire Denathrius
#
AAECAfHhBAqm7wOoigTp0ASY1ASJ5gSX7wSk7wTa8QTipAXNpQUPlugDlrcEs90E6uMEkOQEkeQEseYE4O0E0/EE1fEEh/YEsvcEs/cEvvcEopkFAA==
#

Lots of minions to contest the board early with, which gives you enough corpses to have your midgame Tomb Guardians/Army of the Dead activated, and then you're almost guaranteed to have an infused sylvanas/devourer when you need one. Lots of discover for OP cards from other runes. Denathrius might not be the closer he once was but you can still get him pretty beefed up with boneguard commander/scourge