Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
It doesnt sound like the gems will change anything really, it’s probably to get around loot box laws

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
How was Control Shaman gutted? Snowfall Guardian is slightly worse now, that’s about it.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
I think Theotar is a bit too consistent(I think he should be “Discover a card from your hand and trade it with a random card in your opponent’s hand” or something) but yeah

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

Quotey posted:

the genius beancounters at blizzard have done it. rather than the typical, more predatory thing of having expensive bundles with more value, they have done the complete opposite in many countries! 10% off if you buy 8k in 500 increments. transaction fee problem uh, solved (well, the UK and Mexico so far, but i'm assuming it's a rounding thing and they hosed it up loads of places)

you'll still be able to buy prepurchases, the tavern pass, non bundle packs (and the golden miniset) with cash. otherwise, yeah, runestones.

Yeah I think this is just a mistake with converting from USD because the USD prices don’t have this issue

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

goferchan posted:

The only change here is no more battleground perks with gold right?

Yes but that means gold is completely useless if you only play Battlegrounds

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
Love how they introduced P2W mechanics in Battlegrounds and then did a legendary quest that requires you to get 1st place

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

Boatswain posted:

What are the rewards for the BG questline?

BG hero

RatHat fucked around with this message at 00:33 on Sep 8, 2022

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

Toshimo posted:

BGs aren't pay-to-win, and you don't need the pass to get a 1st. Honestly, if you aren't already a high-tier BG player, just popping in and playing at a remotely competent level should get you a 1st in a couple of tries, even with 2 heroes to pick from. The level of competition is very low and low MMR. Find something better to be mad at.

The difference isn’t huge but paying for the tavern pass absolutely gets you a significant advantage with how unbalanced the heroes are. Not to mention having 4 heroes to choose from gives a better chance of getting a hero you enjoy playing(even if it isn’t best in terms of winrate).

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

L0cke17 posted:

Denathrius enables some really interesting things with 2x quests. Got the divine shield quest and the double end of turn quest that gives you the murloc that repeats battlecries.

Why is it on the end? Golden triggers battlecries to the right as well

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

Desert Bus posted:

Do Whizbang/Zayle decks update or are they attached to the expansion they came out in?

Whizbang does but it’s still only usable in Wild

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

Excelzior posted:

I'm sure the miniset will fix the meta and not just annihilate it with a broken 10 mana Jailer or w/e

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
So classes that don't an AoE board clear are just completely screwed if the Jailer is played then?

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
Current deathrattles aren’t really worth copying so I guess he’ll be one of those cards to watch in future expansions, though there are still 2 more Hunter cards in the mini set.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

Macdeo Lurjtux posted:

Question about Immune, is Onyxia a special case where the immune effect turns off taunt or is that interaction universal?

Universal

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

Jezza of OZPOS posted:

its probably optimistic for me to hope that the mini-set launches at midnight PST right?

Yes. It’s always around 10am PST/1pm EST

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

kater posted:

Do I want to know what a mercenaries is

New mode they introduced last year(?) that is a grindy gacha game and they’ve been desperately trying to keep it afloat since

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
https://twitter.com/MartianBuu/status/1574847002763935744?s=20&t=Tz1GLWgtWhweBoCnDUZ2Jg

Guess Jailer+Bolf isn’t a meme

Ugh that card back is real good but I really hope this one isn’t as tedious as the last…

RatHat fucked around with this message at 00:43 on Sep 28, 2022

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

bravesword posted:

Just think of immune as permanent divine shield plus permanent stealth and you’re 95% of the way there. No damage, no unfriendly targeting, no attacks. Everything else works as normal.

Not that while an AoE silence would normally remove immune from units it doesn't with Jailer’s because the immune is a constant aura effect.

RatHat fucked around with this message at 04:25 on Sep 28, 2022

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
Oh wow, a puzzle that can actually be completed by one person and doesn’t take hours and hours of tedious bullshit

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
Yeah that puzzle wasn't too bad. Had to draw out a spreadsheet on a piece of paper, and there's a bit of RNG involved, but still didn't take long.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

peer posted:

TIL the "end-of-turn effects trigger twice" quest reward works with C'thun's hero power

Yep, works with hero powers(Rag, C’thun), Tickatus treasures, and even other quests(if you’re Denathrius)

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

meatpimp posted:

Still exists, I still call it an exploit. This is loving absurd.

If you mean just the frogs doubling/tripling with Baron that’s how it’s supposed to work, otherwise they’d be completely worthless as a minion. And they ARE worthless without Baron and Parrot, which makes putting the build together not as easy as it looks.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

Kalko posted:

I'll probably check out Marvel Snap but holy yikes at that monetization stuff. I'll give Brode credit for coming up with Hearthstone in the first place but the game got way better as soon as he left. I tried Runeterra but the gameplay didn't click with me, and it has the same middling art direction/presentation that plagues all of Riot's games.

I played a heap of Gwent when it was in beta and I still have a huge amount of its version of dust in my account but I haven't touched it for a couple of years at least. I should check back in on it. It plays differently to every other digital card game I've tried and it has by far the best art out of any of them (I think they said it an interview it takes them about 700 hours to produce one card).

From what I understand the Nexus events that Toshimo mentioned were already taken out of the game

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

Toshimo posted:

I've not done constructed in years, but as I recall, I can get some end-of-month rewards for placing on the various ladders? Does each ladder give rewards or just 1 of them? Either way, for someone with no current cards to speak of, is there a cheap deck I can find through enough ranks to get some cards?

Nah the rewards are for the highest you’ve placed in any of the ladders so you can’t double dip

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
Brann is only good with Murlocs, yes. If you get the “Trigger 2 battlecries at the end of your turn” quest you can maybe make it work with Demons if you’re lucky

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
I think they forgot to turn on drops for the stream

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
The rune system is cool but seems too ambitious. Balancing what is effectively 3 classes in one is going to be a nightmare

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

BIG HEADLINE posted:

They do this every loving expansion. That card will remain 7-cost for a few weeks before they bump it up to 8 and adjust the stats to compensate.

It won’t matter much since they also gave Death Knight pre-nerf Innervate

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

World War Mammories posted:

it's "refresh" not "gain" and does have the two frost rune requirement

I mean good odds on it/dk in general being busted as gently caress yeah but I gotta be pedantic

And Patchwerk is only 1 Blood rune so you can have both. With 2 Horn of Winter you can pull off the Brann+Patchwerk combo on turn 7, 6 with coin.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
Wait how do you have so many gems already?

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

Scholtz posted:

..shhhhh.

I play a lot of BGs while doing chores around the house/getting distracted from doing chores.

Oh you get them from just playing too? I thought they were only from the event quests

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

Mayveena posted:

I don't understand how to get to the new content. I have the new card but don't see the rest. What am I missing? Thanks for any assistance.

You mean the Knights of the Frozen Throne stuff? It was added to the core set

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
Illuminate->Shadow Essence is absolutely disgusting

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

Mayveena posted:

All I see is the one spell. Can someone give me the name of a card that I can look up? Thanks!

Like I said they’re in the core set. I don’t know if you can search for them by set name because of that but you can go into wild search and see the versions there

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
Theotar is probably getting nerfed again, it’s listed as a 6 mana 4/4 on the official site

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
Card reveals start tommorow btw

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

frajaq posted:

Unholy isnt looking as strong as the other runes but I absolutely love this card

It gets Bloodlust so I disagree

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
All the cards released today

Hard to say yet if mono Blood DK will work

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

Scrub-Niggurath posted:

I just don’t see long term incremental damage working as a win condition in a world where Denathrius exists

Especially when Unholy DK will be able to easily make 50+ damage Denathrius

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
The only use for that would be some sort of OTK combo right? In wild I guess it pairs really well with Malygos

Also MAJOR nerf to evolve Shaman

EDIT: Lol it’s Undead so you can get it from The Scourge. Way to kill the card before it’s even out Blizzard

RatHat fucked around with this message at 09:14 on Nov 12, 2022