Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Heroic Yoshimitsu
Jan 15, 2008

Yeah that kinda sucks, but at least the things I spend money on in this game (like the preorder bundles) sound like you’ll still be able to purchase with actual money.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Heroic Yoshimitsu
Jan 15, 2008

Denathrius and Theotar are 100% fine as is IMO

Heroic Yoshimitsu
Jan 15, 2008

Yay, I have Golden Guff and Golden Dawngrasp

Heroic Yoshimitsu
Jan 15, 2008

Uhh, is that card bad?

Heroic Yoshimitsu
Jan 15, 2008

I meant bad as in, good enough to be upset about. I’m excited to put it in my thief priest deck!

Heroic Yoshimitsu
Jan 15, 2008

NorgLyle posted:

I think there's a clear and precedented solution.

NWS that vile poo poo

Heroic Yoshimitsu
Jan 15, 2008

Only nerf Theotar needs is 1-2 mana, if that.

Heroic Yoshimitsu
Jan 15, 2008

Dr Christmas posted:

I just found the old announcement that we aren’t getting any single player content, which I’m mostly fine with.

So, uh, did we find out who killed the Sire? Was it Sylvannus? Or is his card supposed to indicate that he wasn’t actually killed?

I was wondering about this too, they even did that murder mystery story with a bunch of clues you were supposedly able to put together.

Heroic Yoshimitsu
Jan 15, 2008

Very hyped on the Death Knight stuff!!

Heroic Yoshimitsu
Jan 15, 2008

I like all the new mechanics death knight has, like the deck building rune restrictions. I’m a lot more excited for the class than, say, I was for demon Hunter when it was first revealed.

Heroic Yoshimitsu
Jan 15, 2008

No way, I love Big Priest!! Gotta try that

Heroic Yoshimitsu
Jan 15, 2008

I do often feel like a lot of complaints I see sometimes boil down to “[class/deck I just lost against] is too overpowered!!”

Heroic Yoshimitsu
Jan 15, 2008

I forget, does it make sense to keep any standard packs you get now for when the expansion comes out?

Heroic Yoshimitsu
Jan 15, 2008

Rez Priest rules

Heroic Yoshimitsu
Jan 15, 2008

I know why they'd never do it, and I understand why completely, but it would be kinda interesting to see a Manathirst/Honorable Kill/Infuse card that actually gets worse if its stipulation is fulfilled. For instance, with Insatiable Devourer I thought when its infuse said "and its neighbors" I first thought it meant the DEVOURER'S neighbors. I thought that was a sorta interesting way to use infuse, its a downside but under certain situations maybe you'd want it to kill its neighbors?

Heroic Yoshimitsu
Jan 15, 2008

I’m super interested in triple blood death knight

Heroic Yoshimitsu
Jan 15, 2008

Am I the only one who thinks the animated Arthas portrait they’re seeking looks a little weird? Not sure how to describe it

Heroic Yoshimitsu
Jan 15, 2008

Luff posted:

Weird. The second (standard) pack I'm trying to open softlocked the game twice

Edit: Three times. Opening another type of pack worked fine

The same thing is happening to me

Heroic Yoshimitsu
Jan 15, 2008

Find someone who loves you as much as Burning Blade Acolyte loves the Demon Seed

Heroic Yoshimitsu
Jan 15, 2008

Daddy D died for Brann’s sins

Heroic Yoshimitsu
Jan 15, 2008

Triple blood rules

Heroic Yoshimitsu
Jan 15, 2008

Here's what I'm running right now... probably pretty standard as far as these decks go.

### All Blood
# Class: Death Knight
# Format: Standard
# Year of the Hydra
#
# 2x (1) Heart Strike
# 1x (2) Astalor Bloodsworn
# 2x (2) Hematurge
# 2x (2) Vampiric Blood
# 2x (3) Asphyxiate
# 1x (3) Brann Bronzebeard
# 2x (3) Chillfallen Baron
# 2x (3) Nerubian Vizier
# 1x (3) Prince Renathal
# 2x (3) Venomous Scorpid
# 2x (3) Vulpera Scoundrel
# 2x (4) Death Strike
# 2x (4) School Teacher
# 2x (5) Blood Boil
# 2x (5) Corpse Explosion
# 1x (5) Deathbringer Saurfang
# 2x (6) Corrupted Ashbringer
# 2x (6) Gnome Muncher
# 1x (6) Sylvanas, the Accused
# 1x (6) Theotar, the Mad Duke
# 1x (7) Alexandros Mograine
# 1x (7) Mutanus the Devourer
# 1x (7) Patchwerk
# 2x (8) Soulstealer
# 1x (10) Sire Denathrius
#
AAECAfHhBAqm7wPp0ASY1AS42QSJ5gS05gSX7wSk7wSE9gTipAUPlugDlrcE9OME/OME/eMEieQElOQEleQEj+0Eh/YEs/cEtvoEq4AFopkFl6QFAA==
#
# To use this deck, copy it to your clipboard and create a new deck in Hearthstone

Heroic Yoshimitsu
Jan 15, 2008

Beasteh posted:

It's pretty much no-sells any aggro deck and does well against midrange

Gets bodied by ramp druid and deathrattle priest + most combo DH decks

PS I'd never run Denathrius in blood now, you'll juice him up to like 11 or 12 max which is basically do nothing

I'd also run a couple of smothering starfish since deathrattle rogue is popular right now

Also corpse explosion sucks, you have more than enough removal already and can't generate enough corpses to make it worth playing one let alone two

Reasonable suggestions! I'm on the fence about Denathrius. Sometimes just doing a bit of damage and healing for 10-15 can help in close games. And Corpse Explosion has done me well for the mirror, and honestly I'm usually sitting on tons of corpses so I've never struggled to clear the board.

Heroic Yoshimitsu
Jan 15, 2008

I don’t know if they ever clarified before this that the reason signature cards look so dark and drab is because they’re matching the death knight aesthetic… most people I’ve seen thought that’s just how signature cards were always going to look

Heroic Yoshimitsu
Jan 15, 2008

In a weird way, I like that Death Knight isn’t great… makes me feel cooler for playing it!

Heroic Yoshimitsu
Jan 15, 2008

I could some kind of small nerf happening to Brann, maybe making him go to 4 mana and dropping him back to 3 when he rotates out.

Heroic Yoshimitsu
Jan 15, 2008

I consistently have fun in standard

Heroic Yoshimitsu
Jan 15, 2008

Tradable is such a cool mechanic, I’d personally love to see it become a mainstay like discover did

Heroic Yoshimitsu
Jan 15, 2008

Sad to see Astalor get nerfed, but am interested in DK buffs

Heroic Yoshimitsu
Jan 15, 2008

Death Knight has been one of my favorite additions to Hearthstone, I’ve enjoyed the class since day 1 of the expansion

Heroic Yoshimitsu
Jan 15, 2008

goferchan posted:

It honestly wouldn't, but I feel like if they made one hero card Core they'd kind of have to do them all, and then you just end up with a year that feels very similar to this past year. I think the core set is one of the best ideas they've had for Hearthstone, and such a great opportunity to freshen up the meta (honestly I think it should be shuffled around every 6 months) so it would be a shame if it just had a bunch of recent repeats. Maybe if we're talking several years down the road, idk.

To be fair, Jaraxxus is core so that’s already one… but I get what you’re saying

Heroic Yoshimitsu
Jan 15, 2008

bravesword posted:

…Honestly, I could see Cube in the Core Set.

I’ve been thinking the same thing… I could even see it going down the Brann route of “well-liked card comes back to standard, then some crazy combos using it come out and eventually everyone gets sick of it”

Heroic Yoshimitsu
Jan 15, 2008

There’s actually a lot of cards and decks I’m excited to try out

Heroic Yoshimitsu
Jan 15, 2008

Yeah, it’s awesome. Blood DK rules

Heroic Yoshimitsu
Jan 15, 2008

Sloppy posted:

What list are you using?

Right I'm using pretty much this one:

https://www.vicioussyndicate.com/decks/xl-blood-control-death-knight-4/

Heroic Yoshimitsu
Jan 15, 2008

All this DK hate is like coming out of nowhere for me… the only DK I’ve seen is myself. The class is really cool too, I love the rune design

Heroic Yoshimitsu
Jan 15, 2008

I think we’re in the middle ground, no deck seems overly strong to me imo.

Heroic Yoshimitsu
Jan 15, 2008

I’m running Blood Crusader and Annoy o Troupe in my pure Paladin deck. Probably not “the best”, but putting the group down on turn 6 seems to cause a lot of problems for a bunch of decks

Heroic Yoshimitsu
Jan 15, 2008

How does Tony Druid work?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Heroic Yoshimitsu
Jan 15, 2008

No… my precious blood death knight… I loved playing that deck