Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Nybble
Jun 28, 2008

praise chuck, raise heck
It’s funny to see the complaints about DK as I recover my star rating. Haven’t played ranked in a few years, so I end up steamrolling DK at Bronze or Silver. I’m sure that’ll change somewhere through Gold and definitely Platinum, but for now it feels like I’m playing mostly against newbies with the occasional veteran player.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nybble
Jun 28, 2008

praise chuck, raise heck
Oh so it’s not just the mobile app being even more flaky than usual? Seems like if I sneeze too loudly the app crashes.

Nybble
Jun 28, 2008

praise chuck, raise heck
Bless you, Pure Paladin. Finally got a 12 Wins In A Row achievement, rocketing up most of Platinum. Pretty drat good to almost be at Diamond without having any starter stars ( haven’t played Ranked in years)

Nybble
Jun 28, 2008

praise chuck, raise heck
Astolor might be the most annoying neutral as it's good at any time in the game. And if they have a way to bounce it back into their hand, it becomes even more of a problem.

Nybble
Jun 28, 2008

praise chuck, raise heck
My iPhone/iPad will DC and eventually crash if I wander around the house and hit a different wifi spot, even tho it’s on the same SSID. Just have to switch to cellular in that case. It’s been that way for years :/

Nybble
Jun 28, 2008

praise chuck, raise heck

Macdeo Lurjtux posted:

Just won a BG where I lost the first 6 bring me to 1 life, but I found a second golden Zesty Shaker and a golden Crooner that turn.

"A chip and a chair" is so real in battlegrounds. Especially if you use your health wisely and get to the good stuff quick.

Nybble
Jun 28, 2008

praise chuck, raise heck
Nerfing poison has let Beasts run wild in Battlegrounds. Just came out of a room where the Top 2 had different Beast warbands and it was impossible to survive against them with my decently scaling and uncontested Naga comp. Seems like most winners in the past few games has been Beasts as well. The doubling Monkey and Wrap God have been huge for those comps and they didn’t lose any of their tools either.

Nybble
Jun 28, 2008

praise chuck, raise heck

RatHat posted:

Yeah Bananarama is the issue. It’d probably be fine if it was the first buff applied and didn’t stack with itself. It gets crazy when you have multiple and Mama bear

Just played a room where the top 5 of 7 went Beast comp and all made it to Tier 6. The winner eventually had a golden Monkey, two Mama Bears, and a regular Monkey. I managed to get second with a golden Monkey, golden Croc, and a regular Baron. Never saw a Mama Bear or Leapfrogger until my final turn (I was playing as Manastorm so not a lot of refreshing anyway)

I kept looking for a way to rotate into a different comp but nothing came up that would have made it possible. Didn’t see any of the Tier 6 Undead cards that could have made it possible to build around the undead horses I had.

I gotta think Beast loses a minion or two, and Monkey gets changed completely.

Nybble
Jun 28, 2008

praise chuck, raise heck
Beasts with nerfs… but it gets Monstrous Macaw back??? What the hell

Nybble
Jun 28, 2008

praise chuck, raise heck

Desert Bus posted:

drat game keeps logging me out. Desktop not mobile. This is new and fun.

yep, everytime I sleep the computer I have to re-login to battle net. Not a fan

Nybble
Jun 28, 2008

praise chuck, raise heck
New Shudderwock in Battlegrounds is so nasty. And surprisingly to me, it did a ton of work with Demons, not Murlocs. Got a first place without losing, just two ties when getting early tier upgrades. Started the first turn with a 4/6 “eat a minion” and snowballed from there.

Nybble
Jun 28, 2008

praise chuck, raise heck
Reminds me a lot of Druid Ultimate Infestation decks along with the “Summon 1/5 Taunts for every enemy minion” spell. going wide against Blood DK is gonna get punished, but then Patchwerk can also come down and remove your big threat too. Not great!

Nybble
Jun 28, 2008

praise chuck, raise heck
I had a max of 31 gold and was playing on phone and still had 17 leftover by the end of the recruit phase. AP(irate)M is not possible to full extent on mobile lol

Nybble
Jun 28, 2008

praise chuck, raise heck
in back to back I got achievements for 5000 regular wins and 1000 Top 4 wins… and that’s just too many.

maybe i’ll go for Legend and then hang it up

Nybble
Jun 28, 2008

praise chuck, raise heck
Search for "Golden", hit the crafting button, uncheck the "Include" box below Uncraftable

Nybble
Jun 28, 2008

praise chuck, raise heck
https://playhearthstone.com/en-us/vote/choose-your-titan/

Nybble
Jun 28, 2008

praise chuck, raise heck
Usually I play Battlegrounds and just enough Ranked if I happen to get enough cool cards (Pure Paladin last season), but I got an Apple gift card and bought a few bundles. Got enough cards for a decent Plague DK deck. Still figuring out the nuance but it’s fun. However, but I might stop playing and never buy cards for good because of the following:

Why are there bots? I took screenshots of some dramatically bad plays. They play too fast to be human, and each misplay more boneheaded than I have ever seen from real players. And then they don’t show up in the Recently Played list. If Blizzard is gonna add bots to make sure the player pool is big enough, fine, but would it kill them to put together some real AI? Playing the 8 mana druid spell to buff minions on an empty board? I know they have better AI because I’ve seen it in the brawls!

Have they talked about the bots in public? It seems super odd to make it that obvious and cheap to play against.

Nybble
Jun 28, 2008

praise chuck, raise heck
bot? feels like a bot move.

Nybble
Jun 28, 2008

praise chuck, raise heck
Patch is live on iOS.

I’m torn on Tier 7 minions: might be fine and even preferable to Triple into them but not sure if you’d ever spend the money to get there specifically unless it’s very late.

Nybble
Jun 28, 2008

praise chuck, raise heck
It wouldn’t be recurring then! :eng101:

Nybble
Jun 28, 2008

praise chuck, raise heck
Pure Pally with the 7777 Package - Titan, Anachronos, Countess, Leviathan - is amazing now. It can be an aggro deck if you pull Crusader Aura early and have a board of scrubs, but if that gets stopped, you can either reload the board quickly, or hopefully you’ve pulled one of the Big Threats and can finish them off. Turn 7 Titan Draw 2 for 2/2/2 into Countess is brutal and wonderful. Protects your board too.

I had been stuck around Plat 8 all month with no more star bonus, trying out Plague DK, Hunter, etc. Switched PP and rattled off a massive win streak to hit Diamond 8. Hoping to hit Dad Legend by the end of the month, and may actually try to push for Legend next month.

Nybble
Jun 28, 2008

praise chuck, raise heck
Dunno which image hosting provider I should be using, so just imagine I posted a screenshot from my game earlier where I got hit for 36 by Recurring Nightmare * Brann’s Wife(?)… only for that player to go out in sixth. I eventually got my own RN * Brann’s Wife(?) in order to defeat the final player with a 54 damage hit. I’m shocked there was no achievement for a hit that big.

Nybble
Jun 28, 2008

praise chuck, raise heck

Desert Bus posted:

Would you enjoy turn 3 wins? Do you want to grind Wild Legend fast? Have fun before this gets nerfed:

This is really fun. Shot in to Gold 10 very quick. Loses to any deck that can heal and remove, but at least it’s over very quick, win or lose.

Nybble
Jun 28, 2008

praise chuck, raise heck
I had 54 of a possible 56 with a dream* Recurring Nightmares undead crew. I had 5 RNs and two of the 6 Star undeads left on the board.

* :v:

Nybble
Jun 28, 2008

praise chuck, raise heck
Just got a "All Cards Are Golden" anomaly ... in Standard.

this is actually good, that's what all the anomalies should be.

Nybble
Jun 28, 2008

praise chuck, raise heck
I’m guessing it’s a bug, but yeah, it’s real annoying.

Made picking my hero for the “Everyone has 5 lives” anomaly even more surprising when I didn’t see armor on the selections.

Nybble
Jun 28, 2008

praise chuck, raise heck

quote:

Save a Horse, Ride an Elemental

what year does the blizzard email writer think it is

Nybble
Jun 28, 2008

praise chuck, raise heck
Beasts are still an issue in Battlegrounds, I do not understand why it has so much support. Banana Slamma was already bad enough, let's add the infinite horse too!

And I'm saying this as I switched late to Beasts from Naga (with the Surf n' Surf 1 drop as the prime start). 3 of the Top 4 had full Beast warbands.

Nybble
Jun 28, 2008

praise chuck, raise heck
weird. had to reconnect my Battle Net account to Twitch. definitely check your Inventory/Drops page to make sure it’s tied together

Nybble
Jun 28, 2008

praise chuck, raise heck
I Have you been able to claim it? I've gotten through the tutorial, saw a brief notification about it, but haven't seen it yet in Hearthstone.

Nybble
Jun 28, 2008

praise chuck, raise heck
Yep, up to sigil(?) 18, re-beat him just in case. Might contact support if it doesn’t come through :iiam:

Nybble
Jun 28, 2008

praise chuck, raise heck
Thread title is very appropriate for that Zola/Bounce/Snake Warlock deck. Can't even heal past the 20, so you're hosed on the next turn

Nybble
Jun 28, 2008

praise chuck, raise heck
I don’t understand why it was stealing from max health too. Lifesteal would have been fine? Still a strong payoff

Nybble
Jun 28, 2008

praise chuck, raise heck
That Hunter deck rules.

Also a small detail that Infuse does not trigger if the deathrattle draws the card. I believe that's in line with that big change years ago, where deathrattle is based on the state of the game at the time of death, so an Infuse card has to be present at death to get triggered.

Hate the snake, so, so much though. Just going to put the game on backburner (or rope against every Warlock) until that's changed.

Nybble
Jun 28, 2008

praise chuck, raise heck
Given that everyone is steam cleaning, are there any good decks that could use the an extra card spot assuming the opponent fires off the cleaner?

Nybble
Jun 28, 2008

praise chuck, raise heck
So not enough people this evening were using Steamcleaner, so I put one in after a few failed attempts.

### Brawl Deck
# Class: Death Knight
# Format: Wild
#
# 1x (1) Staff of the Primus
# 2x (2) Down with the Ship
# 2x (2) Saloon Brewmaster
# 1x (4) Helya
# 1x (5) Steamcleaner
#
AAEBAe2qBgP/4QST+wXr/wUCgvgF75sGAAA=
#
# To use this deck, copy it to your clipboard and create a new deck in Hearthstone

The Brewmasters were from an earlier iteration when the other player didn’t play Steamcleaner; however I could still see a use for them in case they held one back or you really wanted to load their deck with Helya’s plagues.

Nybble
Jun 28, 2008

praise chuck, raise heck
Really enjoying the spells. Along with the barrier lasting longer, I think they help in giving flexibility to builds and not feeling terrible when tavern rolls don't go your way. A lot of good options for discovering new minions, powering up your own, and the Maximum Gold spell is a great find early. Now if a build doesn't come together, it feels like it's my fault rather than the frustration of finally getting the engine together, only to lose in the next battle.

Nybble
Jun 28, 2008

praise chuck, raise heck
Also in the Plague DK mirror, it’s a good way to dump out a few Plagues and reach your key cards too.

Nybble
Jun 28, 2008

praise chuck, raise heck

Blasmeister posted:

This brawl is always fun for the ‘will your opponent run into the filling the board vs piñata boardwipe the turns after it comes in?’ trap. Great to have a skill/memory check that swingy 10 mins into the match

Had a opponent do this, as well as never use the “Lunar + Heal 8” combo that I gave them when they cast the Rogue Copy All Cards secret (the secret was also cast too early, but w/e, I still made it work).

Just let themselves get low and never used it. We had the Piñata down to 25 and would have easily won if they didn’t do either of those things.

I guess that’s why the cards say “opponent” and not “partner”

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nybble
Jun 28, 2008

praise chuck, raise heck
I played a bit of it over the last few months, but the design of the game really limits the possible deck archetypes, so it becomes very Rock Paper Scissors. They are also doing a slow drip of new cards every week, but they have to be acquired in this awful lottery box system. There’s 4 cards available per week: 1 new card, two older S4/5 cards, and a random option. If you have the S4/5 card, you instead would get a new variant. If you get the random option and it’s a card you already have, you get 1000 dust.

So if you really want that new card, you either have to get lucky or burn a bunch of keys potentially on variants or tokens before getting it. It sucks! You don’t even know if the card is worth getting until perhaps a month down the line if the meta settles into it being a good card or not, and then you can’t just go get it another way.

Anyway, I’ve had two long stints with the game, once when it came out, and the last 3 months, but I think I’m definitely done. I got my Infinite ranking twice so I’ve beat the game imo. Making card collection random and anxiety driven like that is somehow worse than just buying a box of boosters every 4 months, especially when it just feels like tweaking the same archetypes that existed a year ago.

Nybble fucked around with this message at 16:00 on Jan 5, 2024