Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Vanguard Warden
Apr 5, 2009

I am holding a live frag grenade.

I've been running nearly the same deck, but dropping the Necrotic Morticians and Frozen Over to complete the sets of Mining Casualties, Chillfall Barons, and Plucky Paintfins. The extra baron is outstanding for drawing into Helya faster because every plague that gets triggered before Helya is played doesn't get to endlessly recur, Mining Casualties is deceptively strong because it's only 2 mana to trade with an X/4 while also lowering Reska's cost by 4, and the extra Paintfin makes it more reliable to get your strongest cards in Reska, Zilliax, and Chained Guardians as well as the Burrow Busters to hit your legendary excavate ASAP. Reliably getting Reska in your hand and playable early via both Mining Casualties and Paintfin can be clutch against the virus rogue deck, as stealing a random minion is one of the few counters the deck has for a stealth attack-doubling Zilliax (other than 2x of either Tomb Traitors or Collapse from excavation).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vanguard Warden
Apr 5, 2009

I had been grinding a Plague Deathknight deck towards legend and constantly bouncing between ranks 1-3 in diamond, and then I decided to just craft the last couple of rares for a Zilliax Rogue deck and hit legend in only an hour or two more. It's really hard to deal with for other players outside of racing for lethal and hoping the Rogue doesn't don't draw enough of the right components in time.

Killing Zilliax is a lot easier said than done when it's not only ~7 health with stealth and elusive, but also has reborn so killing it just resets the clock on its growth until you do it a second time. If you don't kill it twice in one turn the Rogue player might get a reborn sparkbot to give it another shot anyway, if not divine shield. The Zilliax will usually hit the board on turn 4 (3 with coin) too, so however you plan to kill it needs to not cost much mana on top of drawing it early.

The most absurd part of the deck is definitely pulling a windfury sparkbot, it's not consistent but if you pull it the game is just over. If you don't want the deck concept to be completely shut down then the windfury sparkbot would have to be replaced at the very least. Stalling out the perfect draw scenarios by increasing the mana cost of the "double attack" Zilliax component would probably help a lot without killing the deck completely, Zilliax being on the board already when you hit 4 mana is pretty hosed.

Vanguard Warden
Apr 5, 2009

GTO posted:

I wonder if they'll do :

Rogue zilliax - only stealth for one turn.

The deck already runs a bunch of the magnetic spider bots to allow for swinging to clear taunts or hit face before stealthing back up, so that wouldn't do a whole lot. The spark bots can roll non-duration stealth too.

Making wheel of death inflict damage instead of killing the player makes the identity of the card a lot more boring. I would assume that the simplest nerf would be to extend the turn timer before it kills you, but that would actually require their art department to redo the wheel for the animation so that seems unlikely. I'm kind of curious if it would still be a remotely viable card if it destroyed the other player's deck too instead of killing them.

Vanguard Warden
Apr 5, 2009

Got my rear end kicked by Pounce + Spread The Word and then used that for a win because it's just two commons. It's potentially a 1TKO if you could spam through the card and draw animations fast enough.

Vanguard Warden
Apr 5, 2009

I've played handbuff paladin against highlander warrior, an 8/8 doesn't mean anything against the current meta warrior deck. I had gotten both of my excavate legendaries off so that every 1/1 I played was AT LEAST a 7/7 and it still gets swept by the three different versions of Brawl the deck carries, Inventor Boom and Azerite Ox filling the board with high-value legendaries with taunt, and bombs constantly destroying my hand, board, and deck. The only times I ever win against highlander warrior are when I go full face aggro and rush them down faster than they can draw their board clears.

Vanguard Warden
Apr 5, 2009

Excelzior posted:

turn 1 Frequency oscillator
turn 2 Safety Goggles, Part Scrapper
turn 3 0-mana Testing dummy, coin, Boom Wrench

As long as it doesn't make highlander warrior any stronger, I don't mind it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vanguard Warden
Apr 5, 2009

I beat it my second attempt, it's a little random but not too bad. Both parties just need to spam draw and heals for sustain while the mage dumps damage spells into the boss and the druid builds towards a double Savage Roar on 6 minions.