Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Disargeria
May 6, 2010

All Good Things are Wild and Free!

bravesword posted:

Celestalon went into Death Coil a little on Twitter. He said they only want Death Knights healing their hero, not minions, and even that healing should be more proactive (lifesteal etc).

We’ll see if that stands up. It wouldn’t be the first time they went back on a class’s supposed weakness because they had a cool individual card they wanted to make *cough*essentially the entire history of Druid*cough*.

I mean DKs whole deal is that they’re a corruption of Paladins and inherited their healing powers but twisted, and thus DKs can heal their undead selves and minions with unholy damage. That’s how they work in WC3 and WoW so idk why it’s a sticking point for Hearthstone?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Disargeria
May 6, 2010

Unholy DK seems to have solid self synergy and value generation. It's the most likely to have some kind of looming presence in most metas. Frost seems very Miracle focused and may not always have the gas it needs to fight for a spot in the meta. Blood being control based means good luck, it'll either dominate or suck.

Disargeria
May 6, 2010

I don’t know why that would be the case when they have a specific text for that. Anything with Risen in the name typically doesn’t give a corpse and has text saying so.

On the other hand it kind of makes sense because of what reborn means for the literal characters corpse. But then how are you extracting anima from them twice to infuse anyway?

Disargeria fucked around with this message at 11:50 on Nov 10, 2022

Disargeria
May 6, 2010

Brann him out for 6 damage a turn? It's not so much a finisher as a strategy to achieve victory eventually by playing very reactive/passively. Seems like it would only be good in a very specific kind of control deck.

Disargeria
May 6, 2010

Mayveena posted:

Folks I’m old and not understanding the rune system. If I have a card that has two blood runes for example, exactly what does that mean for deck building and play purposes?

Think of it the other way.

Your deck can have 3 runes of any combination. You choose how many Blood runes your deck will get.

3 Blood runes? No room for any cards with any other runes, but you can slot in powerful 3 Blood rune cards.

2 Blood runes? Well, now you can’t put in any 3 Blood rune cards, but you can fit in either single Unholy or Frost cards now.

1 Blood rune? You’re limited to single Blood rune cards and can’t fit that card you wanted into your deck, but now you could fit in 2 of another rune of your choice.

Disargeria
May 6, 2010

I have never faced so many dagger and DR rogues before today. Like, what? 5 games in a row?? Post nerf?!

Disargeria
May 6, 2010

Right, like picking up a sunbacon relaxer on 5 gold, selling him and pickup up the snail gives some really solid tempo if you don’t have a tribal build coming together on your first rolls.

Disargeria
May 6, 2010

Sandwolf posted:

I don’t disagree with you but, honestly, it feels worse in the inverse. When was the last time Warrior was playable…at all? Priest had one archetype (that was p bullshit but v hard to play) and that got nerfed into the ground.

The root problem is they are unwilling to address outliers for long periods of time.

And related to that is that they seem unwilling to recognize that the amount of support they give to an archetype has a direct effect on the decks performance.

Disargeria
May 6, 2010

There's always been incredible stupid bullshit that comes with every set but it always comes down to frequency and reliability. If it's a one in a million chance? You know what, gg opponent, that was cool (ugh complete BS). But when it's so easy to combo together, and it can happen on turn 2, and you see it every 3rd game? That's not okay.

Disargeria
May 6, 2010

I do like how 3-4 cards have turned certain decks into absolute monsters while other decks got a few scraps.

Disargeria
May 6, 2010

I would much rather they instead focus on making the minisets prop up unsupported decks and give them a chance to shine instead of whatever they're doing with them now.

Disargeria
May 6, 2010

Seems incredibly powerful and flexible for just about any lock deck. Seems like it's going to be an obnoxious stain on the next two years.

Disargeria
May 6, 2010

Luff posted:

Surprised these don't have rush

Not that many mindgames to be had if you don't have to anticipate the minions attacking when they spawn

Maybe I'm missing something but this seems really bad.

Disargeria
May 6, 2010

Chernabog posted:

If I'm on the last tick of bonelord and my opponent dies to fatigue next turn, I would die first right? Because my opponent just conceded at 1 hp.

Maybe he’s a cool guy that knew you deserved to win.

Disargeria
May 6, 2010

I slept hard on the Bananas/Monkeys spells for Hunter. I was like, "Eh, that's dumb. Seems like a lot of mana for a lot of meh."

Anyway, here's my 8 hp overkill on turn 6 through taunts:

https://hsreplay.net/replay/74VLBuUseHcyBJJ88iZ9Ti

Disargeria
May 6, 2010

The FIRST 10 packs of any expansion you buy has a guaranteed legendary. A common recommendation is to buy at least 10 of any given expansion's packs. After that, there is no difference.

e: beaten a lot

Disargeria
May 6, 2010

They never should have printed such narrow range discover cards in the first place.

Disargeria
May 6, 2010

There are also official bots you might queue against. Blizzard says these are for new players or weird mmr stats but I encounter them every so often.

Disargeria
May 6, 2010

Astalor’s biggest crime is his theme.

Bloodsworn is used as his name, which is fine, but his other two variants are titles, not his name, and thus leaves out any kind of Arcane relation. He says he casts Arcane Bolt as his attack sound, but wouldn’t that be his battlecry?

The Protector now is a title referencing what he does, which is frost themed armor okay. Also he says he casts Frostbolt, which really doesn’t line up with his effect or damage stats.

But now The Flamebringer is a lot more literal and completes a trifecta of card names without a theme because it more directly relates to his fire element. Also, it does damage again as an effect, but this time it is split, which is actually already established as an Arcane mechanic with Missiles! His attack sound is also bizarrely Flamestrike and not a more fitting single target fire spell, which seems like it might be a reference to his battlecry, but that doesn’t seem to be how Frost works.

Seems like he was originally designed as a draw a card, armor, pyroblast effect to match Arcane/Frost/Fire but suffered from too many redesigns. Also possibly went through a 2/3/4 damage spell progression version with Arcane Bolt/Frostbolt/Flamestrike.

Disargeria
May 6, 2010

Pozzik is a strong tempo play. He's weak against already strong board states, but if you don't have the right tools he's expensive to remove effectively. Your best bet is to measure it against your removal and tempo options and see if you can at least trade a bot+removal against him.

A T3 coined Pozzik is pretty rough and you might be better just eating the damage to the face if you think you can stabilize the board next turn. Or try to slow him down with cheap taunts until you can reverse the tempo.

Disargeria fucked around with this message at 20:28 on May 5, 2023

Disargeria
May 6, 2010

The music in this expansion is so good.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N9HGO-URKgQ

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tJ8r3kmx_7E

Disargeria
May 6, 2010

Pro strat is just to never let yourself reach 6k and enjoy the fun games.

Disargeria
May 6, 2010

I see this as nothing but an improvement for warlocks.

Disargeria
May 6, 2010

Sargeras has rewarded my loyalty with many packs and a golden copy of himself!

Disargeria
May 6, 2010

I think it’s always the next three cards listed after ETC in the deck export.

Disargeria
May 6, 2010

Probably the dumbest simplest combo I've ever seen.

Bears bears bears Bears Bears Bears Bears! Bears! Bears! BEARS!!!! BEARS!!!! BEARS!!!!!

Disargeria
May 6, 2010

RatHat posted:

Yup, if profits don’t increase then they decrease expenses(which most of the time means firing employees)

Hearthstone just posted record profits for ActiBlizz by hitting 1 BILLION dollars just recently

Disargeria
May 6, 2010

RVT posted:

Do we know what decks are going to be good? Are there any cards I should be extra excited about getting in packs other than just the tons of catch up cards I'm about to get and the usual epics and legendaries in the new packs?

Vicious Syndicate has a card review:

https://www.vicioussyndicate.com/the-comprehensive-showdown-in-the-badlands-preview/

And a deck preview:

https://www.vicioussyndicate.com/40-decks-to-try-out-on-day-1-of-showdown-in-the-badlands/

Disargeria
May 6, 2010

I don't "get" highlander shaman. Like, I'm playing it and winning games but I don't know what is really going on with the deck. It seems like a disjointed collection of cards that are just good by themselves, kind of like a pure paladin deck.

Doctor Holli'dae seems really good in a way I can't place. Is it just the stats, having a decent weapon, and the taunts? The value over time?

I feel like I struggle to get a lot of use from Golganneth. Or even Doomhammer.

Feels like a lot of time I'm just countering what the opponent does and "finding" a way to victory as opposed to developing my own plan.

Here's the deck from HSReplay but idk if there's a better version of this list:

### Highlander Shaman
# Class: Shaman
# Format: Standard
#
# 1x (1) Azsharan Scroll
# 1x (1) Flowrider
# 1x (1) Lightning Reflexes
# 1x (1) Schooling
# 1x (1) Shock Hopper
# 1x (1) Sir Finley, Sea Guide
# 1x (2) Amphibious Elixir
# 1x (2) Astalor Bloodsworn
# 1x (2) Carving Chisel
# 1x (2) Flash of Lightning
# 1x (2) Greedy Partner
# 1x (2) Jam Session
# 1x (2) Watcher of the Sun
# 1x (3) Framester
# 1x (3) Lightning Storm
# 1x (3) Primordial Wave
# 1x (3) Turn the Tides
# 1x (4) Backstage Bouncer
# 1x (4) E.T.C., Band Manager
# 1x (3) Framester
# 1x (3) Rustrot Viper
# 1x (3) Turn the Tides
# 1x (4) School Teacher
# 1x (5) Altered Chord
# 1x (5) Command of Neptulon
# 1x (5) Doctor Holli'dae
# 1x (5) Doomhammer
# 1x (6) Golganneth, the Thunderer
# 1x (6) Horn of the Windlord
# 1x (7) Giant Tumbleweed!!!
# 1x (7) Prison of Yogg-Saron
# 1x (8) Reno, Lone Ranger
# 1x (9) Yogg-Saron, Unleashed
#
AAECAaoIHv2fBP6fBOWwBOC1BJa3BMbOBKrZBLbZBOnZBJnbBOKkBf3EBb7QBcTQBeXkBfboBa3tBc3uBfTyBY31Bcr4Bf74BYf7BZCDBvmMBqmVBuyVBqudBq2dBq+oBgAAAQPp2QT9xAWH+wX9xAXNngb9xAUAAA==
# To use this deck, copy it to your clipboard and create a new deck in Hearthstone
# Find this deck on https://hsreplay.net/decks/VlQmP5NopcHbGYHMtgb1Rf/

Disargeria
May 6, 2010

World War Mammories posted:

that holli'dae is good is practically self-explanatory - however delayed the payoff is, that weapon still represents 45/45 in taunted stats

I guess when you put it like that it seems obvious!

Disargeria
May 6, 2010

I am literally seeing more paladins after this patch

Disargeria
May 6, 2010

did they need time to like, think this one up between twist seasons?

Disargeria
May 6, 2010

Since the patch dropped I’ve literally only played against Blizzard bots every single game in Standard Ranked. 8 games in a row. I thought they discontinued these?

Disargeria
May 6, 2010

Blizzard bots have been removed, but the current non-Blizz bots have a lot of similarities.

They usually have some kind of VerbNoun name, play basic cards, have a set delay between actions, and always go face or make other terrible plays.

Disargeria
May 6, 2010

Who even has time to play 2 battleground games every single day let alone win 2 a day? At 50% win rate that's over 4 battlegrounds matches every day.

Disargeria
May 6, 2010

Luff posted:

Maybe it's deliberately tuned too high so that people will be more ok with the final numbers. They've done this enough times that my thoughts just go conspiratorial at this point

Seems likely.

If they cut the reqs in half they'll have only increased the amount of work by 50% while increasing the rewards by 30%! Still a win on their end and it almost seems reasonable!

Disargeria
May 6, 2010

maybe the change to quests and rewards wasn't all bad

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Disargeria
May 6, 2010

Whelp didn’t finish my weeklies this week, gently caress me for not playing according to the new HS schedule