Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Blasmeister
Jan 15, 2012

2Time TRP Sack Race Champion

I wonder if this runestone abstraction is some way to dodge App Store cuts and the like, or lootbox laws. Or we’re simply going backwards to the Microsoft points era everyone hated for some bizarre reason

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blasmeister
Jan 15, 2012

Patrick Spens posted:

poo poo, battlegrounds will stop giving xp.

I don’t think so?

quote:

Q: Do Battlegrounds Missions award regular XP, too?

A: No. You will still gain some Hearthstone Rewards Track XP as you play Battlegrounds, and there will still be some Daily and Weekly Hearthstone Quests that will be completable in Battlegrounds, but the Battlegrounds Missions will only award Battlegrounds XP.

Blasmeister
Jan 15, 2012

Mayveena posted:

If you’re playing standard, anyone see any class other than druids and mages? They need a emergency hot fix or something.

It's all rogue up top, otherwise those are the viable classes rn (priest maybe too but you see less of it)

Blasmeister
Jan 15, 2012

Shamefully the weekly battlegrounds quests nudged me into getting back into it and it seems kinda fun. Won't be spending on another battlepass tho.

Blasmeister
Jan 15, 2012

Jedit posted:

And good luck winning a lobby if you don't buy the Tavern Pass.

I've been playing without the pass and got a 1st in about 3-4 attempts, there's not THAT much variation in hero strength for choosing from 4 to be neccessary to compete. By definition it should only matter in half of your matches.

Blasmeister
Jan 15, 2012

Veev posted:

Comparable to Insatiable devourer and I don't feel terrible playing that uninfused when I have to, and it takes a bit more but I like her upside better.

I was thinking of it as a very strong solution to Insatiable Devourer

Blasmeister
Jan 15, 2012

Oenis posted:

Remind me how immune works again, aren't there certain effects that circumvent it, like psychic scream? Does starfish work? Gigafin?

Also yeah Sylvanas is pretty good on paper (especially when compared to vanilla HS cards like assassinate or mind control), but when I look at how you usually die in this meta it's rarely from any single huge beatstick but most frequently a board full of varied minions of all sizes. Or face damage with spells, which this also does nothing against.

Immune is no damage and can’t be targeted. Starfish wouldn’t work (well they would be silenced but still perma-immune) the rest would all work

Blasmeister
Jan 15, 2012

Left the legend climb late this month due to battlegrounds sucking me back in, just snuck in under the wire a few hrs ago with imp lock before the mini set hit and outdated all my deck lists.

Blasmeister
Jan 15, 2012

Devor posted:

Perhaps a hotfix to this "exploit" where swapping a hero card to your opponent after reflecto-engineering it would immediately kill them if they played it

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fP6wX49J_lI

I’m guessing there’s some phantom Jaraxxus code in there and hero cards are seen as 0 attack minions

Blasmeister
Jan 15, 2012

I guess it’s one of those things where it’s 2 neutral cards you can slot into any slow deck and potentially scam a win if the control mirror opponent doesn’t have nontargetted removal in their deck they might not like in terms of restricting deck design space, even if the actual number of games it would affect are small

Blasmeister fucked around with this message at 16:18 on Sep 28, 2022

Blasmeister
Jan 15, 2012

Nice, that one was fun to do and I didn’t even write a single thing down. Mastermind games are fun

Blasmeister
Jan 15, 2012

Chernabog posted:

Also, not everyone may have the cards they need for a particular deck.

Big Beast Hunter does have a rather large number of Legendaries in it right now, and it's 40 cards.

Blasmeister
Jan 15, 2012

lol HSreplay just locked its one free piece of battlegrounds info, the hero tier list, behind premium, anyone got a good free bg resource?

Blasmeister
Jan 15, 2012

Thanks, this is pretty indepth!

Blasmeister
Jan 15, 2012

If something gets nerfed and you don’t need it immediately you should just dust it. Worst case it’s still good and you end up needing it again so you recraft it at no dust lost, or you don’t and use the dust for something else. In the meantime if you’re still actively opening packs you might open another copy to fill the collection gap without having to spend dust, rather than keep them and get dupes after the refund window expires that only dust for normal value.

Blasmeister
Jan 15, 2012

So this time unlike with DH when adding a new class they're making you pay gold to get half the basic pile of cards for it rather than giving it free?

Blasmeister
Jan 15, 2012

Toshimo posted:

No???

32 class cards for DK free with completion of the free solo campaign.

the path of Arthas seems to be exactly 'the other half of the core set but you have to pay for it'

E: and yes the game seems to be constantly crashing and hanging on iOS

Blasmeister fucked around with this message at 04:27 on Nov 2, 2022

Blasmeister
Jan 15, 2012

Is there a reason to not 'dust' your maxed merc excess coins for renown I'm missing? Some disclosed future use for coins that doesn't use the renown middle-man I'm forgetting? They give you a big dust all type button so i'm kinda assuming they intend you to just dump everything right away

Blasmeister
Jan 15, 2012

The hammer bash thing seems a very elaborate way to lay out what is basically ‘pay this much and get everything in the box’ because getting a half dozen top 4 finishes in a month or two is trivial and you do just keep going til you get everything. That they even bother to do the whole odds thing and randomise your prizes only matters if you’re going to keep giving away 1 freebie each time.

Blasmeister
Jan 15, 2012

AnacondaHL posted:

this next expansion is gonna suck for F2P if they keep this pricing structure of 2000g for the DK cards

Yeah it's immediately 20 packs off of my usual starting point for a set which was generally only 50ish packs to begin with

Blasmeister
Jan 15, 2012

Yeah paladins’ life total is relatively* untapped resource unlike warlock where any other damage is denying you hero powers later in the game, and they often have a number of incidental life gain cards that are run anyway so they will often end up not costing anything

* weapons are the exception here but right now paladin doesn’t really have too many that see play

Blasmeister
Jan 15, 2012

Random mage spells replayed sounds like a great way to blow up your own face

Blasmeister
Jan 15, 2012

The best performing deck in the format right now (aggro Druid) is even insanely budget friendly, truly we are in a Golden age

Blasmeister
Jan 15, 2012

So are the opinions on the cashgrab DK miniset still 'meh just craft and use your gold on packs' or should i use the 2000 gold I've reserved on it? Seen at least one decklist with Forstmourne already and I imagine the tipping point for 'better value than 20 packs' is having to craft some of those legendaries and epics

Blasmeister
Jan 15, 2012

Cast_No_Shadow posted:

If you want the cards the mini set is way better value to buy than to craft. You cannot get it in packs. 2000 gold is great value for the cards if you want them.

Obviously free is better but that's not on the table like it was with dh.

Right but ‘will I want them?’ Is my question. People weren’t high on the more expensive to craft cards before, wondering if that’s changed or it’s still too soon to tell

Blasmeister
Jan 15, 2012

wocobob posted:

Weirdly it looks like DK is actually pretty bad in constructed? At least HSReplay shows all the archetypes with <50% winrates. If they have to buff it for constructed that'll make arena even more busted lol

Many people at all skill levels will be trying out the new class right now, especially with the lich king quest line pushing DK play, and it obviously is all entirely new decks so will be at an early disadvantage against other classes with existing, refined archetypes. I would wait a few weeks before worrying about it being underpowered

Blasmeister
Jan 15, 2012

The idea is to stay alive and keep discounting until you either get through casting all your relics and have some big spirits to force through or you can get a spell damage plus Jace turn that clears their board , fel barrages them and let’s you swing for the last 15

Blasmeister
Jan 15, 2012

As far as I’m aware, signatures are on their own tier of opening odds so aren’t replacing a ‘normal’ legendary when you get them. Even if you won’t use it it’s at least stopping you from opening a regular version of the card from now on so it’s a small bonus.

Blasmeister
Jan 15, 2012

Jezza of OZPOS posted:

Yeah i havent played dh this expac but from my understanding the fel barrage change seems irrelevant except it means theyre a little less strong against aggro decks? Im not sure theres a strong enough aggro deck rn for this to matter but im probably wrong especially with the renethal change

Imp warlock and aggro Druid still exist and with Renethal nerfed will be potentially bigger deals now. You really can’t hold back your removal for turn 6 there so missing a 12-18 point heal is gonna sting, not to mention the relic is now also competing for your turn 6 plays

Blasmeister
Jan 15, 2012

Especially as you are actively making 7 other players’ game worse by afking. Really unbalances a lobby having someone giving free wins and removing the damage cap early

Blasmeister
Jan 15, 2012

Its just inherent to the design of Death Knight, making class cards more powerful with the understanding you only get access to a third of them in deckbuilding is completely antihetical to a draft format. the only balance solution is completely nerfing class card offering rates for DK entirely and having the class just be neutral.dec is super boring to play as, so theres no good solution for Arena. They clearly never considered or cared about it while designing the class because why start now.

Blasmeister
Jan 15, 2012

Just made legend with Scam Shaman and boy do turn 3 concedes not get old. pfft, what broken Rogue/DH only format?

Blasmeister
Jan 15, 2012

It’s just the VS evolve shaman list

### Evolve Nep Shaman
# Class: Shaman
# Format: Standard
# Year of the Hydra
#
# 2x (1) Convincing Disguise
# 2x (1) Muck Pools
# 2x (1) Schooling
# 2x (1) Windchill
# 2x (2) Carving Chisel
# 2x (3) Far Sight
# 2x (3) Primordial Wave
# 2x (4) Prescience
# 2x (4) Wildpaw Cavern
# 2x (5) Bloodlust
# 2x (5) Command of Neptulon
# 1x (5) Shadow Hunter Vol'jin
# 2x (6) Tiny Toys
# 1x (7) Glugg the Gulper
# 1x (8) Bru'kan of the Elements
# 2x (10) Goldshire Gnoll
# 1x (10) Neptulon the Tidehunter
#
AAECAc2+BQTg5QPDkQTptgS/zgQN4/YDxvkD3JIE25QE4LUExs4EhdQEqtkEr9kEtdkEttkE8t0EhqEFAA==
#
# To use this deck, copy it to your clipboard and create a new deck in Hearthstone

I mull anything that’s not schooling, gnoll or prescience

Blasmeister
Jan 15, 2012

I used to cheese this out with demon hunter cards that did gently caress all unless you attacked this turn but DK corpse caring cards are much simpler and not weak to rogue/druid

Blasmeister
Jan 15, 2012

Anyone got that list in text form, I’m bad at picking out card art. Bottom left of the standard nerfs especially

Blasmeister
Jan 15, 2012

Excelzior posted:

stole it from reddit but that post also stole anyways :argh:

Thanks regardless.

Blasmeister
Jan 15, 2012

Dr Christmas posted:

No, they are all cards that have golden or signature versions on the free reward track. Arcsplitter, Basnshee, and Translocation Instructor. I’m pretty sure I took the option to swap out the regular versions for others when I got the golden ones and it was presented to me, so I think there’s a bug there.

The game will only give you cards you don’t already own once, if you later dust them/swap them then the game still considers you to have had them and will give out new unique missing cards until you have had all of them and then any further will just be random. This is to stop players will full sets doing things like dusting a recently nerfed rare/common card with full refund value then opening packs of that set to get that exact card and then repeating the process.

Blasmeister
Jan 15, 2012

Unholy DK aggro is a real good time. I love a strong beatdown deck with lots of interesting lines of play and number crunching.

Blasmeister
Jan 15, 2012

Huh, well maybe this will break my habit of doing my daily bounties. Can’t see a reason to interact with the boss rush mode once I’ve farmed enough renown to fully level everything. Using the mode to farm renown to buy bonuses just for the mode is distinctly unappealing when the payoff is just getting more renown from the mode. With single digit games of PVP played, a sitting here with a couple dozen mercs a single equipment upgrade off from maxed (and 2 legendaries craftable but untouched in case of free merc packs) maybe I do just finish the collection off and declare that I completed the mode without buying a single pack. Only 6 more after all…

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blasmeister
Jan 15, 2012

victorious posted:

Apparently this Brawl is how the first guy to get 1000 Demon Hunter wins got it.

Blur plus a deck of entirely draw spells and burn is a solid turn 1 kill if you can race the rope