Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Beasteh
Feb 12, 2012

I'M QUESTIONING MY EXISTENCE AND THIS IDIOT JUST WANTS TO PEE OFF A WALL

I'm so loving tired of mage

What dunks on mage

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Beasteh
Feb 12, 2012

I just ran into silence shadow priest with double humongous razorleaf and that was a blast from the past

Beasteh
Feb 12, 2012

Dr Christmas posted:

Ugh, I didn't pay attention to what the Path of Arthas was and assumed it was the adventure. I blew the ~2.5k gold I had saved up on packs, enough that I'm no longer getting new common stuff, and wondered why there were still craftable common cards :saddumb:

It's scummy as gently caress that they hid the 2k gold path of Arthas inside the golden premium real money version on the store, I spent ages looking for it before I looked at the golden one and went 'surely they wouldn't be *that* predatory'

Beasteh
Feb 12, 2012

Triple blood XL DK is giving me OG control warrior vibes

Still gets poo poo on by ramp druid though, because yeah

Beasteh
Feb 12, 2012

It's pretty dumb how dks just fill their decks with discover cards (scorpid, vulpera, schoolteacher etc) because their spells are all generally so powerful they may as well duplicate them and attach bodies

BBB XL DK commits the cardinal sin of being boring as well as bad, you are still losing to ramp druid no matter what, having 100 life total and near-infinite removal doesn't matter

Beasteh
Feb 12, 2012

I saw a Korean player with a Highlander Reno XL blood DK and it *still* ran double vampiric blood

Beasteh
Feb 12, 2012

kater posted:

And umm what would you say this triple blood is good against?

It's pretty much no-sells any aggro deck and does well against midrange

Gets bodied by ramp druid and deathrattle priest + most combo DH decks

PS I'd never run Denathrius in blood now, you'll juice him up to like 11 or 12 max which is basically do nothing

I'd also run a couple of smothering starfish since deathrattle rogue is popular right now

Also corpse explosion sucks, you have more than enough removal already and can't generate enough corpses to make it worth playing one let alone two

Beasteh fucked around with this message at 03:10 on Dec 13, 2022

Beasteh
Feb 12, 2012

BBB control DK mirror, I was the standard Renathal, he was 30 card Highlander Reno (???)

I Theotar stole his Mograine, generated one from a hematurge, and played my own natural one with Brann so he was taking 12 per turn

Chewed through something like 90 health that game

Beasteh
Feb 12, 2012

Blockhouse posted:

Because Ramp Druid isn't really that much of a issue at higher ranks. There's plenty of aggro decks that kick its poo poo in, especially after the Denathrius nerf.

I'd argue Rogue's probably the real problem class right now

leans in really close to the mic my brother have you seen bless Priest

Or the one that turns every card in your hand into a 4/4 and then spams infinite Mida

Beasteh
Feb 12, 2012

Not much you can do if they get the nuts and highroll their battlefield into invincible ghoul taunt walls, but they only have 30 life so stick to your game plan and turbo through your deck for the finisher

Beasteh
Feb 12, 2012

Paladin in arena is pretty loving cracked with flight of the bronze, got offered it 4 times and went 12-0

Beasteh
Feb 12, 2012

Hit legend with 30 card frost DK, people say deathwhisper and frigidara are too slow, they are fools

Beasteh
Feb 12, 2012

Frost DK Vs wildseed shockspitter hunter (I assume this is now the standard post Renathal nerf)

I keep icy touch and howling blast in the Mulligan specifically to keep him frozen, he manages to attack me twice with a weapon the entire match, and I still die to Brann double spitter devouring swarm bullshit

They still have their heads up their asses about Brann and it's getting frustrating

Beasteh
Feb 12, 2012

lol i legit just did 36 damage to this BBB DK who decked me out, made sure to generate 2x shockspitters from my selective breeders early on just in case

i'd juiced my spitters up to 9 damage each so two of those plus brann got me there

(he discovered three blood boils and two vampiric blood that game so i feel like the bullshit i beat him with was deserved for making me sit through it)

Beasteh
Feb 12, 2012

Malignant Horro is so god damned busted in arena, I faced a DK earlier who was running triple blood handbuff and played no less than FIVE of those loving things

Feels like DK is tier SSS+++ and the other classes don't get to play Hearthstone

Beasteh
Feb 12, 2012

Had a shaman in arena play tiny toys and get deathbringer saurfang, two overlord runthak, and taelan fordring

Yeah I didn't win that game

Beasteh
Feb 12, 2012

I keep chasing the high of that one time I got offered triple blood DK with four malignant horrors

Beasteh
Feb 12, 2012

I drafted a pretty decent blood control DK deck and got rolled game one by a literal constructed tier demon hunter with four legendaries and absurd draw + outcast synergy

Beasteh
Feb 12, 2012

that legendary 6 mana warlock spell is pretty great in chadlock

plus ETC can hide rivendare until you're ready to start the inevitability train

Beasteh
Feb 12, 2012

Just got dunked on by a rogue that held the mana restore weapon all game, bounced a metric gently caress ton of astalors then refreshed mana + played mc blingtron + bounce around to dump 3 8 mana astalors on my face, each dealing 28 damage due to the blingtron weapon

(I very strongly feel like shadowstep should have gone to wild)

Beasteh
Feb 12, 2012

Paparazzi is shameless Brightwing power creep

I've been jamming arena in the new rotation since I apparently had 15 unspent tickets and I am averaging 5/6 wins per run (back in the day I would regularly get 10+)

Feels like you don't draft for a good curve or synergy any more, you just full greed and take every single bomb card and overwhelm your opponent

Paladin run currently with 3 disco maul (why the gently caress does this cost 2 mana) and a ton of low drops and I basically have the board locked down and something buffed by +4/+4 around turn 5 which usually forces a concede

Beasteh
Feb 12, 2012

Oh by the way arena is bugged right now and none of the cards on the right side of this image are draftable (you can still discover them though)

Some of them are pretty glaring like fan of knives/defile, and the legendaries like rag/Dr Boom/zilliax

I'd hold off on playing until it's fixed

Beasteh
Feb 12, 2012

Pack the house may be the most absurd arena card I've ever seen, literally 7 mana build a board

If you're even remotely ahead/even you just straight up win right there on the spot

e: lol we got hotfix nerfs already, touching the Big Three

Construct Quarter

Old: 3 Durability
New: 2 Durability

Vengeful Walloper

Old: 6 Mana
New: 7 Mana

Lightray

Old: 9 Mana
New: 10 Mana

Beasteh fucked around with this message at 18:20 on Apr 14, 2023

Beasteh
Feb 12, 2012

I'm enjoying board flood shadow priest but it kind of struggles with blood dk

Hopefully now that everyone is moving away from blood to frost with the VS report it can pick up some more wins

Losing voidtouched attendant sucks rear end tho

Beasteh
Feb 12, 2012

Not sure what BBB DK can even do vs a Tony druid who turbos through their deck and goes anub tony jailer

Soulstealer to clear Tony gives you back an empty deck, meanwhile the druid is pounding your face in with a buffed hero power and an invincible board if you don't soulstealer

At least druid loses to aggro? I think? Maybe?

Beasteh
Feb 12, 2012

I got domed for 34 damage by a trenchstalker earlier, lor'themar after blackrock n roll is pretty spicy

Beasteh
Feb 12, 2012

There are three classes you will see in arena, they are priest, warrior and shaman

priest will steal all your good cards and remove your poo poo until you lose

warrior will buff its hand and gain armor + play fat tempo rushers until you lose

shaman will play pack the house and schooling until you lose

any other class may as well retire early and try to get one of the big three

Beasteh
Feb 12, 2012

Heroic Yoshimitsu posted:

Our gift of Fire empowers us

i wish it didn't

Beasteh
Feb 12, 2012

I love how their solution for balancing arena was to give bridge riff, an epic card, a draft rate around the same level as a normal (white rarity) card, so beyond like 5/6 wins every warrior deck runs at least three

Feels great to be ahead and then immediately lose tempo to back to back bridge riffs followed up by a loving clown car of tidal revenants

Beasteh
Feb 12, 2012

the worst part of achievement hunting is lining up the turn where you can pull it off and your opponent spite concedes

Beasteh
Feb 12, 2012

I am still waiting for them to add an auto squelch feature, gets boring seeing people well played themselves when they have lethal

Beasteh
Feb 12, 2012

you just know there are people out there getting psychotically caremad at being emoted when they lose in wizard poker

Beasteh
Feb 12, 2012

That rylak card in bgs is loving dumb as hell

There's a critical mass of stat doubling shenanigans now so you can get the epic Reddit posts with boards of 2 billion HP minions

NorgLyle posted:

Oh boy, Heroic Brawliseum this week. I am deeply confused at how these can be successful and who is taking multiple entries each time it comes up.

Did you see that they have gated a portrait behind a 12 win run :staredog:

Beasteh
Feb 12, 2012

I randomly generated that asvedon the greatshield warrior card in arena and made the mistake of copying a targeted removal, which auto targeted it, killing it

Great design there blizz

Beasteh
Feb 12, 2012

Dog is the best BGs streamer by far because he's usually #1/top 10 and tends to explain his plays

All the super old school players like Reynad, Amaz, Lifecoach etc have moved on. Trump's one of the few left from that era. Kripp rarely ever plays HS any more

I'm partial to Meati for constructed content because he's an absolute lad

Beasteh fucked around with this message at 19:00 on Jul 6, 2023

Beasteh
Feb 12, 2012

peer posted:

blizzard please understand i would rather die than play "oops all beasts"

I just came off one of these where I faced a Tess who had scooped up all of the loving monkeys so she had 2 golden and one normal + mama bear, then got dunked on for 42 by a Thorim who got Papa Bear and reborned it

Beasteh
Feb 12, 2012

T7 dragon in an actual viable dragon comp is absolutely nutty, essentially has cleave

Beasteh
Feb 12, 2012

might and fortitude can gently caress off, super boring and hero/comp dependant to get ahead on top of the regular rng

Beasteh
Feb 12, 2012

Barovs been disabled for a while now due to a bug

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Beasteh
Feb 12, 2012

Ok they need to ban tess/scabbs from oops all X lobbies and ban elise (the minion) from a faire reward lobbies