Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tin Tim
Jun 4, 2012

Live by the pun - Die by the pun

same :wave:

Also TinTim#2499 on EU I'm not playing a lot these days but if I'm on I'm always down to use a janky wild deck to help with quests

Tin Tim fucked around with this message at 01:40 on Aug 27, 2022

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tin Tim
Jun 4, 2012

Can you challenge friends to brawl and then trade concedes just to get the pack?

Tin Tim
Jun 4, 2012

Wild continues to be a very balanced and fair format

Just lol at u if you don't play around absolutely normal sequences

Tin Tim
Jun 4, 2012

You're in luck then because nobody plays scream anymore afaik

Tin Tim
Jun 4, 2012

World War Mammories posted:

hearthstone always be bullshit

Tin Tim
Jun 4, 2012

So dew process is just a straight copy of howling mine from mtg huh

Tin Tim
Jun 4, 2012

Excelzior posted:

no

because Howling Mine could be destroyed
Ah right, silly me

Tin Tim
Jun 4, 2012

The synergy fel orc soulfiend has been waiting for

Tin Tim
Jun 4, 2012

Firebert posted:

Bolf is cheaper and neutral!
Remember the old threads before dupe protection when we joked about all the bolfs we opened? At least some posters must have been telling the truth and now is their time to shine god dammit

Tin Tim
Jun 4, 2012

BenBrodeLaugh.WAV

Tin Tim
Jun 4, 2012

Jezza of OZPOS posted:

Dew process makes me want to make a mill druid so badly but I'm not good enough at deck building to figure it out
Just google it then? Personally I think there aren't enough mill effects in standard (dew, shellfish, ???) to make it worth your time but you sure can meme it up in wild.

Fun fact: the effect of dew process stacks so if you can copy the spell or double the cast....

Tin Tim
Jun 4, 2012

Jezza of OZPOS posted:

I did google it but theres not really any deck lists i can find
Not trying to dunk on you but maybe you need to use better search terms. When I type in "mill druid maw disorder" I immediately get four different videos (wild and standard) and that's before I get to any of the hits for websites with decklists. Like there's not much and the decks are probably not actually good but it's out there :v:

e: On top of what was already posted here is a standard list by Ecore

https://www.hearthpwn.com/decks/1417353-mill-druid

Highly doubt that it's worth any crafts but if you got the cards then go nuts

Tin Tim fucked around with this message at 19:53 on Sep 29, 2022

Tin Tim
Jun 4, 2012

I did the math and came to a stunning conclusion

Halkias= bad

Another entry for the line of cards with cool effects and interesting design that don't to broken things that win games

Tin Tim
Jun 4, 2012

I've been doing quests in casual wild for ages with the tried and true method of taking all the card draw and cheap defensives battlecries as the shell and then whatever cards I need for questing. It works well once you understand that your goal isn't to win but to survive and clear your quests. Sometimes you encounter full aggro and need to move on but more often than not I end up killing myself after decking out with coldlights and whatever draw I got left.

Sindragosa quest was done in one try that way

Tin Tim fucked around with this message at 01:43 on Nov 5, 2022

Tin Tim
Jun 4, 2012

What I haven't seen info on is what set the DK cards will belong to. If they're a regular part of the new set that just gets sold as an upfront boost to the class then it sorta evens out I think because you would be opening those DK cards in your packs for the new expansion instead of other class cards. If they're part of the base set or whatever its called nowadays then yeah you probably want to pass if you do not have interest in the class and stick to the new packs

Tin Tim fucked around with this message at 16:17 on Nov 6, 2022

Tin Tim
Jun 4, 2012

AnacondaHL posted:

afaik it's a completely separate set, same as Demon Hunter Initiate was, only instead of being free it's 2000g/$
That would feel kinda scummy ngl. Usually mini sets get added to the packs from the main set where they're released in so I thought I could work like that. But I also forgot about the DH set :shrug:

Tin Tim
Jun 4, 2012

Nice example of power creep on display here with amber whelp. The last version of this card did 2 damage and wasn't a tribal itself

Tin Tim
Jun 4, 2012

That warrior legendary annoys me. No part if its flavor is making any sense, it has no connection to the class, and the effect isn't even good.

I mean yeah the sins of pirate warrior still weigh on the class but come on

Tin Tim
Jun 4, 2012

Chernabog posted:

In WoW they have a skill to reflect spells. But in HS it does seem out of flavor.
Okay so it's at least not completely made up. My first reaction was "people like copying their opponents stuff so uhh warrior does that too now"

Lurks With Wolves posted:

(It probably helps that I think the card's a lot better than a lot of you. It'd be a sideboard card if Hearthstone had those, but in a world of 40 card decks it's at minimum a three mana 3/3 that can copy a random utility spell. This sounds weird, but in the matchups where it does something it wouldn't take a lot to make me feel like it's worth it.)
At minimum it's actually a 3/3 in your hand without text because your opponent does not play spells that are beneficial to you, does not play many spells to begin with, or is able to play around it by following a good spell with a weak spell they held on to. Imo its floor is dire and the ceiling is mediocre outside of specific meta conditions. You're right with thinking of it as a sideboard card but going by experience I'd say that cards with fairly niche scenarios do not make the cut in hearthstone if those scenarios aren't heavy swings or outright game winning. Even in a 40 card world I just can't see it as anything other than super fringe after the first few weeks of the expansion :shrug:

Tin Tim
Jun 4, 2012

Firebert posted:

1 mana 2/3 doesn't even move the needle anymore when everyone has 40 hp
Iirc it also didn't move the needle back on 30 hp in the form of twilight whelp

Tin Tim
Jun 4, 2012

Kalko posted:

So many firebirds. These are obviously Enrage Warrior cards but I have no idea how to evaluate them.
no

Okay to be fair blazing might work in the enrage decks Dane was playing but the rest is dogshit

E: to be even fairer light might work its way into decks too because it's sorta kinda arcane intellect

peer posted:

loling at (Revives 2 times.)

Tin Tim fucked around with this message at 18:41 on Nov 21, 2022

Tin Tim
Jun 4, 2012

thebardyspoon posted:

Obviously one could make the argument that they could/should have just given them out but they've chosen not to.
Thinking really hard about why blizzard would want to make extra money :v:

The f2p option is to wait and eventually craft the cards from the DK set that are good

Tin Tim
Jun 4, 2012

mcbexx posted:

...or clicked away the bigass banner too quickly:
That would be me lol

Thx for the heads-up!

Tin Tim
Jun 4, 2012

Since arena came up recently I wanted to give it a look again. I used to try-hard it quite a bit back in the day but fell out once it got too wacky for my taste. Drafted a pretty bad mage deck, went 4-0, then got absolutely hammered by deathknights and that was it. Don't think I'll come back soon lol

Tin Tim
Jun 4, 2012

Starsfan posted:

Yeah arena is an absolute scam right now for buying in because unless you get death knight you are facing an upward battle to get much past 3 wins.
Yeah even after my limited exposure I can believe that. The card pool also seems like an extra jumbled mess. Small undead aggro was the only synergy I could see on offer and lol at trying to play that in arena without a stellar draft. The set had some baller neutrals like the rush and taunt guys with manathirst but I didn't get any and got owned by opponents who did. I would assume the rates on those got tweaked to not be ever present but it doesn't actually help imo because now decks that have them get an even bigger boost from them. The DK card pool is just ridiculous for arena and I don't think there's much to talk about there.

Starsfan posted:

It's really unacceptable that they've left the game mode in this state for a month now.
Imo one of the core problems with arena is and always was that it doesn't earn money so why should they sink resources into it? All the significant changes I can remember are the results of long-term bitching and begging by the core player base (streamers and their communites mostly) so I would not expect them to change anything about the current format soon.

Tin Tim
Jun 4, 2012

RatHat posted:

He gained 50 armor every turn, had 18 maximum gold, and had to quit and reconnect after every battle. It was very odd(and he's literally unkillable because the max damage anyone can do is 48)
Small indie company

Tin Tim
Jun 4, 2012

Chernabog posted:

Control warrior trip report: Still garbage. Or maybe my list is just bad.
Likely that it's not your fault because imo control warrior has been designed out of the game. There's just too much easy value generation/refill in other classes to grind them out and too many kill combos that you can't counter significantly enough. The combo aspect is less severe atm but the value generation has been steadily pushing ctrl warrior out for a long time now.

There recently was this ctrl list in high legend that worked for a time (not sure if it still does). From what I could figure out its win con was "play against aggro and hope your draw lines up" or "akwardly flail and then use alex into astalore to sneak a kill sometimes". That's based on my games with it in low tier ladder/casual so I'm probably wrong seeing how players were getting rank one legend with it. But then again high legend is usually a specific meta.

With the patch I fully expect warrior to stay bad overall because you still can't grind people out and still have no new win con. Hope to always match against aggro I guess?

Scrub-Niggurath posted:

That Last Stand change is kind of spicy, not sure there’s a specific taunt minion good enough for Warrior to make good use of it, but 1 mana to tutor and double the stats is very good
This won't save warrior but it's close to being good enough to see play imo. Like you obviously want to play this on 7 and then need an impact minion on 8 because just having stats is not good enough at that point. Stalwart is interesting because 8 damage removal that leaves a taunt body behind is in line with what ctrl warrior wants. The issue is that you probably won't just play a four card package here because it has too many cases where the draw card is dead but adding more taunts also screws with your consistency on stalwart. So you play uuh prime drake? And no small taunts for early defense? There's just too many shaky pieces to this I think. Fully expect it to see experimentation and then get put aside until we know what the mini set has.

Tin Tim
Jun 4, 2012

Olpainless posted:

I do wish they'd let you trade a certain amount of arena tokens for brawliseum. I've got about 20 built up now because I just don't play arena.
You can just click through a draft real fast and then retire it right away for a pack and a bit of dust/gold instead of sitting on tickets you're not using

Tin Tim
Jun 4, 2012

Sharkfin Fan crying in a corner right now

Tin Tim
Jun 4, 2012

The funny thing is that cata is now a pretty good wipe

Tin Tim
Jun 4, 2012

It's not fair to look at old cards that way when we have newer cards that also are the absolute worst. Remember Deathaxe Punisher??

Tin Tim
Jun 4, 2012

Starsfan posted:

getting rid of quest mage and pillager rogue didn't fix everything?
So about that

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WfPmE4E_M7s

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gN5MGvME2JE

Tin Tim
Jun 4, 2012

Never thought I'd see mustard back in standard lol

Curious to see how the core and the various small card chances end up shaking out

Tin Tim
Jun 4, 2012

lol at the warrior cards

Tin Tim
Jun 4, 2012

They did it...fiery win axe is back :qq:

Tin Tim
Jun 4, 2012

skaboomizzy posted:

I really want Lightshow Mage to be good but I haven't found the formula yet
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vyl0T4-XxRM

Not sure about the deck being good but a juiced Rommath sure is

Tin Tim
Jun 4, 2012

Desert Bus posted:

Hey now, some people are playing Kingsbane too!
My stick now

Tin Tim
Jun 4, 2012

Alternative is to just mash through the draft and retire right away for a pack and a tiny bit of dust/gold

Tin Tim
Jun 4, 2012

Firebert posted:

Surely this time the portal that summons 3/2 imps will work
Also my first thought lol

Though if Legion Invasion also counts for the imps then yeah it'll probably work this time

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tin Tim
Jun 4, 2012

Gully Foyle posted:

Of course it does - otherwise it would be a pointless power.
I mean there could be cards that say "summon x from the twisting nether". I do expect it to work with the imps but tbf you can't be completely sure until it's confirmed