Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

When Pigs Cry
Oct 23, 2012
Buglord

mcbexx posted:

Don't bother picking Warlock imho. Priest seems to work better.

Yeah, the Warlock deck blows. I was able to do it really easily with Druid, though drawing Sailor Nozdormu definitely helped

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

When Pigs Cry
Oct 23, 2012
Buglord
Yeah, I hit the quest that gives a minion's stats to one in the tavern when you sell it with the stacking +1/+1 quest last night and ended the game with like a 700/700 Elise lmbo

When Pigs Cry
Oct 23, 2012
Buglord

Mayveena posted:

Anyone seen a deck list for an XL hunter deck that plays Quest plus Wildseeds and Secrets? I checked on d0nkey, no luck

There's one on this week's vS Report: https://www.vicioussyndicate.com/decks/wildseed-quest-hunter-3/

When Pigs Cry
Oct 23, 2012
Buglord
Yeah, this was way better than the last one. Who would have thought a puzzle that a single person can do with an excel sheet is more enjoyable than a something that almost requires a program to solve?

When Pigs Cry
Oct 23, 2012
Buglord
Runeterra's super f2p friendly. I'm pretty sure I have enough wildcards/shards to craft every card they print until the game dies and haven't played seriously in a few expansions. Plus some kind of budget spider/Darius deck was usually at least kind of playable.

When Pigs Cry fucked around with this message at 22:55 on Oct 20, 2022

When Pigs Cry
Oct 23, 2012
Buglord
https://hearthstone.blizzard.com/en-us/news/23852693/patch-24-6-preview

Patch preview stream next Monday Tuesday. Pack's for catching 15 minutes of it. I don't think I've looked at the new player decks since they first launched those, but that change is kind of insane

When Pigs Cry fucked around with this message at 22:27 on Oct 28, 2022

When Pigs Cry
Oct 23, 2012
Buglord

Lurks With Wolves posted:

Technically it's more like Darkmoon Prizes, since Denathrius can always pull the mechanic back out. But yeah, it definitely feels like they just shoved in a mechanic to wildly shake things up and just assumed the meta would turn out fine.

Although, now I'm just wondering how Battlegrounds' patch rate compares to something like Teamfight Tactics or Autochess. Probably very badly.

I kind of don't hate how infrequently Battlegrounds patches. This probably isn't as big a problem in an autobattler with big numbers for how much damage/health a unit has, but it's nice to know that cards/tribes are going to be largely the same without needing to read patch notes.

When Pigs Cry
Oct 23, 2012
Buglord
Maybe there's something funny going on because I pulled a Signature Rommath from the the first or second Standard pack I had saved up too?

When Pigs Cry
Oct 23, 2012
Buglord
Nah, it looks like you need to claim it before the event ends - I left Thijs open while I was running errands and it's gone. It's running again tomorrow from 8AM - 2PM EST, though

When Pigs Cry
Oct 23, 2012
Buglord
Okay, yeah, I'm a dumbass. I probably just missed that first pack if the event ended that early. hosed up that twitch doesn't show watch time on closed campaigns

When Pigs Cry
Oct 23, 2012
Buglord
https://twitter.com/SongbirdCora/status/1602354228856381440

I wouldn't be surprised if we add Astalor to the pile of cards that have been changed because of Brann, but it's going to be a long winter.

When Pigs Cry
Oct 23, 2012
Buglord
Yeah, most of my games to diamond were against Rogues. I only got to play a few games last night, but most of them were against DK/Shaman

When Pigs Cry
Oct 23, 2012
Buglord
Fwiw ahirun posts decklists for those brawls. My biggest problem is remembering to do them since they got relegated to the modes menu

When Pigs Cry
Oct 23, 2012
Buglord

Oenis posted:

Maybe one expansion cycle without any bullshit highrolling and mana cheating, wouldn't that be something for once.

I'm hopeful that this next rotation fixes things - we lose a ton of stuff that still sees play, including mercenaries/quests, so it should be a decent shakeup. At the very least, we only have a few more months of Brann and Guff.

When Pigs Cry
Oct 23, 2012
Buglord
I almost don't hate a hero skin as a value add for heroic brawliseum, but locking it behind three wins (and the usual 1000 gold price right before the miniset) feels real scummy. At least they're giving us a quest to make up for this week's pack

When Pigs Cry
Oct 23, 2012
Buglord
Patch is up, no refund on Maestra. Not super surprising, but if they're explicitly calling out that interaction in the patch notes, they should probably go back and change it.

When Pigs Cry
Oct 23, 2012
Buglord
I don't really mind other classes getting access to corpeses. Maybe this is just because of a recent tavern brawl, but stealing, like, Worse Yetis and literal do nothings doesn't feel great.

Unrelated, there's a new arena season with the patch, so don't forget to start a new run (and probably claim your stuff from last time).

When Pigs Cry
Oct 23, 2012
Buglord
Check the play menu, I had a little question mark in the bottom right corner of the deck selection screen

When Pigs Cry
Oct 23, 2012
Buglord
Yeah, thematically, the sets I remember most aren't the "Just Warcraft" ones. I'm sure it was cool to see the mercenaries go through the different stages of a wow character or whatever, but I'd much prefer a goofy party or Dinosaurs/Lovecraft But Warcraft.

When Pigs Cry
Oct 23, 2012
Buglord
Zilliax back :getin:

It's actually kind of cute that they're going to be adding new cards to wild at some point in the year

When Pigs Cry
Oct 23, 2012
Buglord

I don't know how often Druid actually wants to press the button, but this seems insane

When Pigs Cry
Oct 23, 2012
Buglord
I don't know that they've officially said anything yet, but preorders end April 10th, so prob the 11th.

When Pigs Cry fucked around with this message at 04:58 on Mar 29, 2023

When Pigs Cry
Oct 23, 2012
Buglord

This plus drop the location for Amalgam, from Zach_O's twitter. I had some success swapping a blood boil for the double stats guy for the mirror, but ymmv on that one

When Pigs Cry
Oct 23, 2012
Buglord
I thought so too until I played like ten of those games in a row

When Pigs Cry
Oct 23, 2012
Buglord
That's exactly why I like the DK change - they made it less annoying without completely gutting it. I wonder if Reddit won't flip poo poo over discovering cards like Patchwerk/Scourge slightly more often, but it's neat that there's a more concrete way to say certain cards can't be discovered and gives them opportunities to change runes and do this again if they need to.

When Pigs Cry
Oct 23, 2012
Buglord

Firebert posted:

Top performing DH list on d0nkey.top plays a BIG DEMON package, I gotta take this for a spin later. Glorious!

https://www.d0nkey.top/decks?player_class=DEMONHUNTER

It's a neat list - 5-1 with it so far, though I just got destroyed by a warrior dropping a bigger taunt than my biggest demon.

When Pigs Cry
Oct 23, 2012
Buglord

The Lord Bude posted:

I started playing that today and I’ve been really struggling with it. I probably just need to practice more but I’m definitely more comfortable with Tony at the moment. Big DH is just so different to the types of decks I normally play.

There's a pretty comprehensive guide mentioned on the VS pod. I've definitely run into some really awkward situations that could have probably been avoided if I were more of a DH Gamer and knew how to plan for Outcast or nagas

When Pigs Cry
Oct 23, 2012
Buglord
:goonsay: You get three barrels so it should actually be Barrels of Monkey

When Pigs Cry
Oct 23, 2012
Buglord
https://hearthstone.blizzard.com/en-us/news/23935322/26-2-patch-notes

12 win Brawliseum skin :laffo:

When Pigs Cry
Oct 23, 2012
Buglord
Yeah, I'd love to see Paladin not get killed by nerfs - just put Countess to 8 and slap some overload on the weapon or something. It doesn't feel crazy unfair, but giving a mini Doomhammer to a class with two Rockbiters in Standard was certainly A Decision.

When Pigs Cry
Oct 23, 2012
Buglord
Next round of Choose Your Titan

https://hearthstone.blizzard.com/en-us/vote/choose-your-titan

When Pigs Cry
Oct 23, 2012
Buglord
Just sick. Was Reddit not losing their poo poo over Blood DK like three months ago at duration?

When Pigs Cry
Oct 23, 2012
Buglord
I got Stars Aligned into Cage Head/Catrina Muerte this morning lmao. I don't know if it's a good deck but that felt real bad.

When Pigs Cry
Oct 23, 2012
Buglord
Love relearning Battlegrounds every time I play it

When Pigs Cry
Oct 23, 2012
Buglord
Two games in and anomalies have gotten an aggro druid to concede turn 2 and copied a Primus for my control warlock. It's going to be a long week.

When Pigs Cry
Oct 23, 2012
Buglord

Scrub-Niggurath posted:

Does Dota always put up such strong numbers compared to League or is there a tourney or something going on?

I think an early stage of worlds is happening for both right now so a lot of it is time zones. League's in Korea this year so games start at like 3 AM in the US.

When Pigs Cry
Oct 23, 2012
Buglord
Yeah, I saw a tweet earlier that suggested the 15/15 lifesteal taunt, Reno, Sargeras, the fatigue harp, and something else. I'm not entirely convinced, but it seems more usable than something like the Bonerlord

When Pigs Cry
Oct 23, 2012
Buglord
e: beaten xd

There was a Twitter post a few days before the expansion and iirc because the battlecry is "cast x" the spells can go face, just battlecries that would actually deal damage to face wouldn't

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

When Pigs Cry
Oct 23, 2012
Buglord
The VS pod put the Leeroy Problem into words really well - the issue isn't really Charge, Windfury, or buffs. It's the combination of the three that's really hosed. Shaman can run Leeroy + Shoomscavate, but it isn't a problem because they can't make him a big rear end in a top hat