Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Excelzior
Jun 24, 2013

RIP Battlegrounds

lol

lmao

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Excelzior
Jun 24, 2013

Excelzior#1793 on NA

Excelzior
Jun 24, 2013

Desert Bus posted:

You're a Goon too??? I need to keep better track of this poo poo. Thought you were one of the random Brazilians.

I've learned so much Portuguese from this dumb game.

we did a challenge-a-friend :smith:

Excelzior
Jun 24, 2013

Shockeh posted:

Wait - Are they really adding another variation on ‘gems’ like every Pachinko Mobile Developer? Another abstraction of real money to get you to spend a bit more (Buy a 2000 value pack, get 400 ‘bonus/free’, everything costs a division that ensures you have 300 left over)? On top of the nonsense we already have?

gently caress, I was on the edge already, that’s it, I’m out.

to be fair they announced it would come in increments (paraphrasing) "matching our most popular products"

but uh.....lol.

Excelzior
Jun 24, 2013

I assume the report will come in with 24.2 next week then?

boo.

Excelzior
Jun 24, 2013

screw quest priest, I can't get over a 1560 dust (aggro druid) deck being tier 1

Excelzior
Jun 24, 2013

this is sure to please Zach and the VS report

Excelzior
Jun 24, 2013

tbh I frankly think the meta is complete dogshit and I hope they delete denathrius and theotar

I did get up to level 150 on the reward track this month though

:shrug:

Excelzior
Jun 24, 2013

PneumonicBook posted:

I see that you can get runestones from bg quests, so that's something. I dunno, maybe the standard reward track won't have any bg stuff anymore which would be good. I'd imagine they'd keep the big and merc stuff on it though to promote playing multiple modes

:confused: they give BG track XP, not runestones

Excelzior
Jun 24, 2013

except you immediately run into the problem of leftover runestones despite their hype :laffo:

Excelzior
Jun 24, 2013

Strawberry Panda posted:

I'm one more legendary away from having the full set. I will have enough dust to craft but if the card is Halkias. Should I bother or just save my dust until the next expansion?

halkias is garbage and will remain so for the foreseeable future

Excelzior
Jun 24, 2013

MinionOfCthulhu posted:

It’s Diamond Olllllgraaaaaaaaaaaaa

Excelzior
Jun 24, 2013

Toshimo posted:

The alternative was that the game mode goes away because it was losing money

:allears:

Excelzior
Jun 24, 2013

Im 194 because I like to have a month vacation from HS before the new expansion

Excelzior
Jun 24, 2013

oh gently caress yes so much dust

Excelzior
Jun 24, 2013

also lol paladin is still fuckin' dead until the miniset at the very least

Excelzior
Jun 24, 2013

Reddit comment :

quote:

Kael being at 8 is possibly goated for quest priest (Kael + 1 or 2 mana minion + quest reward) !

:thunk:

Excelzior
Jun 24, 2013

Pardot posted:

I stole a naga priest list off of d0nky.top, I don’t need to see the vs list a day early, but I'll be curious how close it compares.

### naga/wig
# Class: Priest
# Format: Standard
# Year of the Hydra
#
# 1x (0) Priestess Valishj
# 2x (1) Serpent Wig
# 2x (1) Shadow Word: Devour
# 1x (1) Shard of the Naaru
# 1x (1) The Light! It Burns!
# 2x (1) Vicious Slitherspear
# 2x (2) Amalgam of the Deep
# 2x (2) Bless
# 2x (2) Murkwater Scribe
# 2x (2) Radiant Elemental
# 2x (2) Thrive in the Shadows
# 2x (3) Cathedral of Atonement
# 2x (3) Handmaiden
# 1x (3) Pelagos
# 2x (3) Treasure Guard
# 1x (4) Blademaster Samuro
# 2x (4) Boon of the Ascended
# 1x (4) School Teacher
#
AAECAafDAwb76AOH9wOJsgSWtwT52wT62wQMrYoEhKMEiaME7bEEiLIEpLYEp7YEh7cEssEE9dME9NsEhoMFAA==
#
# To use this deck, copy it to your clipboard and create a new deck in Hearthstone

is it the list nohandsgamer used to reach rank 1 NA?

Excelzior
Jun 24, 2013

thats..sudden

Excelzior
Jun 24, 2013

Im liking Quests at the moment but I'm pretty sure they'll wear their welcome out like Buddies did after the meta stabilizes

Excelzior
Jun 24, 2013

I'm sure the miniset will fix the meta and not just annihilate it with a broken 10 mana Jailer or w/e

Excelzior
Jun 24, 2013

you wont wait long the legendaries are getting revealed in the next few hours

e: forgot there's 4 legendaries. If the neutrals are tomorrow and saturday it could be a bit

Excelzior fucked around with this message at 18:17 on Sep 22, 2022

Excelzior
Jun 24, 2013

:laffo:

Excelzior
Jun 24, 2013

Tin Tim posted:

So dew process is just a straight copy of howling mine from mtg huh

no

because Howling Mine could be destroyed

Excelzior
Jun 24, 2013

what the fuuuuuuu

Excelzior
Jun 24, 2013

if anybody still refused to believe that they plan minisets years in advance and are powerless to fix the meta using them...

Excelzior
Jun 24, 2013

Scrub-Niggurath posted:

The meta feels great; every class has at least one legend viable deck, and there are a lot fewer explosive highrolls

Can’t wait to see how it gets ruined tomorrow

This except the exact opposite

Please let me have your MMR so I can play this mythical meta

Excelzior
Jun 24, 2013

help me for the love of God I am trapped in a neverending pocket of warlock/rogue/mage/priest and it is such dogshit gameplay :shepicide:

Excelzior
Jun 24, 2013

Enrage warrior DK awoooooo

Excelzior
Jun 24, 2013

oh

oh no

Excelzior
Jun 24, 2013

big priest is unfortunately back and real in Standard

Excelzior
Jun 24, 2013

Toshimo posted:

No???

32 class cards for DK free with completion of the free solo campaign.

quote:

Path of Arthas, a collection of three ready-to-play Death Knight deck lists, featuring a total of 49 Death Knight cards (26 unique cards, 3 of which are Legendary cards) not obtainable from expansion packs!

mind you they COULD be obtainable from standard packs after the expansion launches???

Excelzior
Jun 24, 2013

Pardot posted:

No way this is optimal. Probably you want go with the colossal and then only one of the other two minions for more consistency. Then I have no idea about what other spells would be good, but it probably doesn't matter too much

### Std rez
# Year of the Hydra
#
# 2x (0) Illuminate
# 2x (1) Flash Heal
# 2x (1) Gift of the Naaru
# 2x (1) Shard of the Naaru
# 2x (1) The Light! It Burns!
# 2x (3) Amulet of Undying
# 2x (3) Devouring Plague
# 2x (3) Identity Theft
# 2x (4) Eternal Servitude
# 2x (6) Lightbomb
# 2x (6) Shadow Essence
# 2x (8) Mo'arg Forgefiend
# 1x (8) Xyrella, the Devout
# 2x (9) Obsidian Statue
# 1x (10) Neptulon the Tidehunter
#
AAECAafDAwLoiwS/zgQOm+sDh/cDzPkDjIEErYoEy6AEiqMEorYE+dsEuNwEhqQF0+sF9OsFg+wFAA==

Habu and Dane were using lists that included Revelers as a backup and/or extra shot at cheating out the big boys

something like this :

### Big Priest
# Year of the Hydra
#
# 2x (0) Illuminate
# 2x (1) Shadowcloth Needle
# 2x (1) Shard of the Naaru
# 2x (1) The Light! It Burns!
# 2x (2) Spirit Lash
# 1x (3) Amulet of Undying
# 2x (3) Devouring Plague
# 2x (3) Identity Theft
# 2x (4) Eternal Servitude
# 2x (4) Shadow Word: Ruin
# 2x (5) Devour Mind
# 2x (6) Masked Reveler
# 2x (6) Shadow Essence
# 1x (10) Neptulon the Tidehunter
# 2x (10) Stoneborn General
#
AAECAdG+BQKMgQS/zgQOm+sD9PEDh/cDrYoE8J8EorYE+dsEuNwErO0Ey+0Ey+sF0+sFg+wFj+wFAA==
#
# To use this deck, copy it to your clipboard and create a new deck in Hearthstone

Excelzior
Jun 24, 2013

The Reveler variant gets absolutely *destroyed* by Mages though, because Wildfire makes their HP just farm your poo poo

Excelzior
Jun 24, 2013

I dont think freeze ping mage is overpowered at all

but MAN is it frustrating to have the game stalled for 6-8 turns with very little counterplay possible

Excelzior
Jun 24, 2013

kater posted:

so like can i just dust my entire knights of frozen throne collection? or is it going to require you to have the cards again in wild once this event thing is over? why wouldn't they just auto trash em if it wasn't a limited time thing?

they are only temporarily added to the core set, once the patch launches they all go *poof* unless you already had them

Excelzior
Jun 24, 2013

Heroic Yoshimitsu posted:

I forget, does it make sense to keep any standard packs you get now for when the expansion comes out?

yes it does once the new expansion comes out the new cards are added to the pool, and with duplicate protection and a currently full collection they essentially BECOME new expansion packs

of course if you're still missing cards from the previous sets of the Years of the Hydra or the Gryphon then it won't particularly do you any good

Excelzior
Jun 24, 2013

Luff posted:

There was a patch today

The basic set is included in the arena now. Unfortunately, the pools for discovers and random generation are empty, making a bunch of cards not do anything, so they shut the arena down.

small indie game dev

Excelzior
Jun 24, 2013

I'm not seeing it but I'm usually hilariously wrong so Blood DK tier 0 meta tyrant I guess

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Excelzior
Jun 24, 2013

i..don't get it? you simply kill it off to get that deathrattle and then it's not on the board to kill you in 3 turns? or is that part of the deathrattle, and then you just protect it until you're ready to pop off?