Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pardot
Jul 25, 2001

mcbexx posted:

This is clearly fake, since according to this elaborate photoshop, you have not drawn/played Guff before/on turn 5, which, in my experience facing druids, is downright impossible.

Yeah, I was for sure going to lose since I drew it so late, my only only hope was managing to yoink the Xyrella right after they completed the quest, but I managed to pull it off :toot:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pardot
Jul 25, 2001

I stole a naga priest list off of d0nky.top, I don’t need to see the vs list a day early, but I'll be curious how close it compares.

### naga/wig
# Class: Priest
# Format: Standard
# Year of the Hydra
#
# 1x (0) Priestess Valishj
# 2x (1) Serpent Wig
# 2x (1) Shadow Word: Devour
# 1x (1) Shard of the Naaru
# 1x (1) The Light! It Burns!
# 2x (1) Vicious Slitherspear
# 2x (2) Amalgam of the Deep
# 2x (2) Bless
# 2x (2) Murkwater Scribe
# 2x (2) Radiant Elemental
# 2x (2) Thrive in the Shadows
# 2x (3) Cathedral of Atonement
# 2x (3) Handmaiden
# 1x (3) Pelagos
# 2x (3) Treasure Guard
# 1x (4) Blademaster Samuro
# 2x (4) Boon of the Ascended
# 1x (4) School Teacher
#
AAECAafDAwb76AOH9wOJsgSWtwT52wT62wQMrYoEhKMEiaME7bEEiLIEpLYEp7YEh7cEssEE9dME9NsEhoMFAA==
#
# To use this deck, copy it to your clipboard and create a new deck in Hearthstone

Pardot
Jul 25, 2001

Excelzior posted:

is it the list nohandsgamer used to reach rank 1 NA?

I don’t know, the part of the site I got it from didn't have attribution

Pardot
Jul 25, 2001

PneumonicBook posted:

Immune negates Taunt. That's how it's always been. Why? Well you see Immune isn't just "Prevents all damage" It prevents your opponent from performing any action that would target the creature. Since taunt requires you to target it, Immune negates the taunt, so you can go face.

Edit: Nathanos is completely broken. If your deathrattle minion has any negative status (silence/frozen) Nathanos gains that status as does the deathrattle you get in your hand. lmao. Good job QAing your code Team 5, jfc.

Ahaha i lost a game for no reason yesterday cause I didn’t even think to try to just go face around the immune taunt. Live and learn I suppose

Pardot
Jul 25, 2001

Apparently dew process is bugged, and it's supposed to get fixed soon before the masters tour. When you play a hero card after dew process is played, it duplicates the dew process. It reapplies the buff for every dew process that was played before you play the hero card.

If I play 2 dew processes, and your'e drawing 3/turn, and then you play your hero card, now you're drawing 5. So it kinda stops other players from playing hero cards or they'll go into fatigue.

Pardot
Jul 25, 2001

Discover a card in your opponents hand, to be swapped with a random card in yours?

Pardot
Jul 25, 2001

Excelzior posted:

big priest is unfortunately back and real in Standard

I mashed together a deck and managed to get 54 armor and full health by constantly bringing back that 8 armor guy that I cheated out turn 3, killing all their threats with that 4/8 lifesteal guy, stealing the deathrattles twice card from rogue opponent, and playing the hero card that replays all your deathrattles. Big priest rules.

Pardot
Jul 25, 2001

Sloppy posted:

Share a list!

Edit: nm looks like deckbuilder is hosed along with a bunch of other stuff

No way this is optimal. Probably you want go with the colossal and then only one of the other two minions for more consistency. Then I have no idea about what other spells would be good, but it probably doesn't matter too much

### Std rez
# Format: Standard
# Year of the Hydra
#
# 2x (0) Illuminate
# 2x (1) Flash Heal
# 2x (1) Gift of the Naaru
# 2x (1) Shard of the Naaru
# 2x (1) The Light! It Burns!
# 2x (2) Thrive in the Shadows
# 2x (3) Amulet of Undying
# 2x (3) Devouring Plague
# 2x (3) Identity Theft
# 2x (4) Eternal Servitude
# 2x (6) Lightbomb
# 2x (6) Shadow Essence
# 2x (8) Mo'arg Forgefiend
# 1x (8) Xyrella, the Devout
# 2x (9) Obsidian Statue
# 1x (10) Neptulon the Tidehunter
#
AAECAafDAwLoiwS/zgQOm+sDh/cDzPkDjIEErYoEy6AEiqMEorYE+dsEuNwEhqQF0+sF9OsFg+wFAA==

Pardot
Jul 25, 2001

What does this new arrow at the bottom do?

Pardot
Jul 25, 2001

Sandwolf posted:

are there? how do you get these

I found instructions for linking your youtube and battlenet account at https://news.blizzard.com/en-us/hearthstone/23891618/hearthstone-2022-world-championship-viewer-s-guide

Pardot
Jul 25, 2001

I usually just go for wild legend but evolve shaman is stupid busted so I went for it in standard :toot:

Pardot
Jul 25, 2001

Managed to pull the first new baron deathrattle replacement guy off of the cat's hero power, and was already going frogleaper so it worked really well. I dont think I've seen numbers this high in battlegrounds before. I was really hoping to see the undead horse get reborn huge but it never died :/

Pardot
Jul 25, 2001

Warrior deck, full of whatever stalling bullshit you can find, then

The Fires of Zin-Azshari => 2 mana: Replace your deck with minions that cost (5) or more. They cost (5).
Steamcleaner => 5 mana Battlecry: Destroy ALL cards in both players' decks that didn't start there.

+for wild
Explore Un'Goro => 2 mana: Replace your deck with copies of "1 mana: Discover a card."
Skulking Geist => 6 mana: Battlecry: Destroy all 1-Cost spells in both hands and decks.

Could make it even warrior in wild by stuffing Tony inside ETC

Pardot
Jul 25, 2001

With level up and conviction becoming odd, I mashed together this odd pal with not much thought and it's doing okay at low diamond. Im probably missing some obvious optimizations though?

### odd pal
# Class: Paladin
# Format: Wild
#
# 2x (1) Conviction (Rank 1)
# 2x (1) Lost in the Jungle
# 2x (1) Peasant
# 2x (1) Promotion
# 2x (1) Tour Guide
# 2x (3) Day at the Faire
# 2x (3) Divine Favor
# 2x (3) Jury Duty
# 1x (3) Lord Barov
# 2x (3) Muster for Battle
# 2x (3) Steward of Darkshire
# 1x (3) Stewart the Steward
# 2x (3) Warhorse Trainer
# 2x (5) Level Up!
# 1x (5) Lothraxion the Redeemed
# 2x (5) Quartermaster
# 1x (9) Baku the Mooneater
#
AAEBAcOfAwSe+AKT0AOH3gPC4gQNpwXsD+0P/68CuMcCteYCm80Dot4D4+sD9PYDx6AEweIE/e4EAAA=
#
# To use this deck, copy it to your clipboard and create a new deck in Hearthstone

Also, I set the hero to be just Sir Annoy-o, but it seems to forget that and go back to random heroes :smith:

Pardot
Jul 25, 2001

Can anyone smarter than me share how to properly play with, and against, Pozzik? I've been just playing him on curve and hoping for the best. Sometimes even coining him out, but idk if that's smart. Then when people play it against me idk if i should be playing the bots or not.

Pardot
Jul 25, 2001

They probably mean PDT, right?

Pardot
Jul 25, 2001

Mini optimization I saw: wait to log in on Aug 1 until after the set is out, that way the epic you get from the monthly rewards has a chance to be from the new set.

edit: oh i was back a page apparently when replying and missed that this was already shared, whoops

bravesword posted:

Additionally, since the expansion launches on the first of the month, if you wait to log in on Tuesday until after the expansion goes live (usually 1 pm ET/10 am PT), your reward chest will also contain new cards (assuming you already have all or most of the standard-legal rares and epics). It’s not much, but it tickles the optimization part of the brain.

Pardot
Jul 25, 2001

Lurks With Wolves posted:

Basically, Blizzard has official bots they use so people who are new or have low MMR can get "real" games in and do daily missions without getting owned immediately by people who know what they're doing. Which is fine-ish if it's rare, but it seems like they lowered the threshold for matching against them for the expansion launch and the bots are really bad at running the decks they're currently using so people are getting really annoyed with them at the moment.

I think maybe they also will put a bot in sometimes if there isn't anyone to match with? I hit one bot the other day at wild diamond 2ish, and idk what my mmr is, but I hit legend yesterday at low 500s, so it probably isn't crazy low. I'm on US servers, but it was europe daytime so off-hours.

Pardot
Jul 25, 2001

For sure not going to buy it if it costs real money, but the cthun druid hero is the first super jpg that has tempted me.

Pardot
Jul 25, 2001

Halduron Brightwing is showing up with the refund tag, though I dont see it in the patch notes? I have the dumb ugly signature version of it so thats an easy 3200 dust. The golden scargil and signature tony are a cooler looking but that's a ton of dust so goodbye.

Pardot
Jul 25, 2001

Went from plat 5 to legend with just like maybe 4-5 losses with big shaman. Feels super strong with the new free legendary

### big shaman
# Class: Shaman
#
# 2x (1) Reincarnate
# 2x (1) Scalding Geyser
# 2x (2) Ancestral Knowledge
# 2x (2) Ancestral Spirit
# 2x (2) Auctionhouse Gavel
# 2x (2) Devolve
# 2x (3) Elemental Destruction
# 2x (3) Healing Rain
# 2x (4) Ancestor's Call
# 1x (4) Prescience
# 2x (5) Muckmorpher
# 2x (6) Eureka!
# 1x (7) Glugg the Gulper
# 1x (8) Bru'kan of the Elements
# 1x (8) Thunderbringer
# 1x (10) Neptulon the Tidehunter
# 2x (10) Scrapyard Colossus
# 1x (10) Y'Shaarj, Rage Unbound
# AAEBAc+LBQaoqwLDkQTptgS/zgSGoQX2owYMlAORDs4PvBT2vQLz5wKf/QKPlAPzuwPW9QO8tgTmngYAAA==

Pardot
Jul 25, 2001

quote:

Magister Dawngrasp
- Temporarily banned in all Modes.
Dev Comment: We found a bug with Magister Dawngrasp’s hero power that is causing disconnects. The problem is particularly bad because it’s a hero power, so it can cause a disconnect every turn. We have a fix coming, but it requires a different type of patch, so we’re temporarily banning Dawngrasp until we can get that bug fix in.

Good that they found this. I got hit with the receiving end of this 3 or so times. What'd happen is that it'd stick on the hero power animation as soon as they clicked their button and hang there indefinitely. You'd have to close the application and relaunch every turn, which I would have just conceded since it's so annoying but of course it was happening at like diamond 2.

Pardot
Jul 25, 2001

orangelex44 posted:

I have braved the wilderness of endless Even Shamans and broke into Wild Legend this month! The format is significantly less enjoyable at high Diamond - basically all the fun decks disappear and it's just aggro bullshit.

I was an aggro no-fun player up to d5 this month, with shadow priest.

### wild agro shadow
#
# 2x (0) Raise Dead
# 2x (1) Drone Deconstructor
# 2x (1) Leper Gnome
# 2x (1) Mind Sear
# 2x (1) Miracle Salesman
# 1x (1) Patches the Pirate
# 2x (1) Shadowbomber
# 2x (1) Ship's Chirurgeon
# 2x (1) Voidtouched Attendant
# 2x (2) Celestial Projectionist
# 2x (2) Mind Blast
# 2x (2) Twilight Deceptor
# 2x (3) Cathedral of Atonement
# 2x (4) Frenzied Felwing
# 1x (5) Darkbishop Benedictus
# 2x (6) Thirsty Drifter
# AAEBAafDAwKRvAK+ogYOoQSSBZEPurYD184Do/cDrfcDhoMF3aQFuf4F44AGhY4GxpwGyKEGAAA=

Then I ran into the aggro diamond 5 wall like you said, so I switched to even warrior which just completely farmed all the shadow priests, pirate rogues, and even shaman bots. Which was almost the only decks I saw so I think from d5 to legend I lost two games, and one was the mirror

### even war
# Class: Warrior
#
# 1x (2) Astalor Bloodsworn
# 2x (2) Bash
# 2x (2) Bladestorm
# 1x (2) Corsair Cache
# 2x (2) Drywhisker Armorer
# 2x (2) Frozen Buckler
# 2x (2) Minefield
# 2x (2) Shield Block
# 2x (2) Stoneskin Armorer
# 2x (4) Craftsman's Hammer
# 1x (4) E.T.C., Band Manager
# 1x (4) Eater of Secrets
# 1x (5) Brawl
# 1x (7) Rokara, the Valorous
# 2x (4) Igneous Lavagorger
# 1x (4) Rancor
# 1x (4) Smothering Starfish
# 1x (6) Genn Greymane
# 1x (6) Khaz'goroth
# 2x (6) Trial by Fire
# 1x (8) Odyn, Prime Designate
# 2x (10) Shield Shatter
# AAEBAaiaBgjN9ALAuQOP7QONtQTipAX9xAXG8wWl9gUL/wepFc/nAri5A7beA/mMBPqMBO/OBJD7BaH7BaT7BQABA7yKBP3EBYigBP3EBdKeBv3EBQAA

I had something else besides eater of secrets, and swapped that partway through after seeing one mage, and of course never ran into a mage after putting that in.

Pardot
Jul 25, 2001

Lumbermouth posted:

Video of the custom Zilliax generator.

I like that you make your own portrait for it :3:

Have they said what the Elusive keyword shown on one of these options is?

edit: nevermind it's in the video when they mouse over. cant be targeted by spells or hero powers

Pardot
Jul 25, 2001

bravesword posted:

Classic’s a bad, boring format, so player interest shriveled after the nostalgia wore off and Blizzard mercy-killed it

It was 100% full of bots. That may sound bad but it was actually great. All the bots just kept to that one format and played each other. Then when they killed classic, that's when the bot problem spread to standard and wild. They should have just left it as a thing for bots in like an out of reach corner somewhere and let all the botters just keep to themselves.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pardot
Jul 25, 2001

Sometimes I accidentally play a tryhard deck in casual if I log in and dont notice I had it set to casual from last time for some random quest. But that wouldn't explain the BM emotes.