Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tuxedo Gin
May 21, 2003

Classy.

Came back to this after a couple years of not touching HS.

Aggro Shadow Priest in wild is criminally strong. After a couple days trying to slog my way the ladder with my favorite deck (Elemental Mage) I gave up and switched to Priest. Climbed from Silver 5 to Plat 4 in one easy session after dinner and before bed.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tuxedo Gin
May 21, 2003

Classy.

Chernabog posted:

I don't think elemental mage has ever been that good, even with DK Jaina it was pretty much her carrying the deck almost singlehandedly while nowadays she's not even close in relative strength.
I think there was a version with Khadgar and the twinspell card that splits a minion that was pretty good but probably not tier 1.

DK Jaina is my favorite card of all time and while her deck has never been super strong I used to have a positive winrate but now I do not. I can often manage the fast decks fine but OTKs and Wheel of Death are next to impossible to stop for such a slow deck.

edit: Aggro Shadow Priest is so fast that I haven't really found any bad matchups yet. It's faster than other aggro decks and can often position for lethal before control or OTK can get their defenses online.

Tuxedo Gin fucked around with this message at 02:25 on Apr 9, 2024

Tuxedo Gin
May 21, 2003

Classy.

If they want to increase engagement, maybe they should make playing the game more fun for casual players??