Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Shabadu
Jul 18, 2003

rain dance

fanny packrat posted:

New VS report says UUU DK is real. Here's the list they recommend:

AAECAfHhBAL47ATNpQUO9PYDlrcEssEE8OMEkeQEkuQEvPAEhfYEsvcEkpMFopkFrqEFhaoF4sUFAA==

When I have time I'm going to try climbing with it.

it's very good, I was running trogg over peasant but haven't seen anyone to really punish with it so it'll get swapped later

grave strength is a hosed up card now

hawkstrider or arms dealer into Swarm Guard is a very strong play

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shabadu
Jul 18, 2003

rain dance

I'm on a tear right now with an incredibly cheap aggro druid, nothing above Rare. Average game is over in 5 turns, quite a few in 4. Blood Treant's time is now!

Shabadu
Jul 18, 2003

rain dance

Mech Rogue's play sequencing is fun, and powerful enough to get me from diamond 4 to legend in a couple hours. Now I'm back on my true love: Menagerie warrior.

Shabadu
Jul 18, 2003

rain dance

I was already on Arcane Secret being the best hunter deck and it doesn't run hounds. The Costumed Singer charge barely changes the math on the deck, so that's the easy one to beat coming out of this patch.

Shabadu
Jul 18, 2003

rain dance

Strawberry Panda posted:

I don't think I've ever performed worse in an expansion. Any brainless decks out there?

dude paladin is fairly simple, and sharpshooter dh is cheap and easy to pilot even after the nerf by running the magistrate/magnifying glass package

Shabadu
Jul 18, 2003

rain dance

Just got legend with Kibler's Sludgelock, matches up pretty well against the Treant druid that's been hovering around in high diamond and can really rush down the slower excavate decks that everyone's been playing since the paladin nerfs.

2x (1) Fracking
2x (1) Miracle Salesman
2x (1) Tour Guide
2x (1) Tram Mechanic
2x (2) Baritone Imp
1x (2) Bloodmage Thalnos
2x (2) Crescendo
2x (2) Disposal Assistant
2x (2) Thornveil Tentacle
2x (3) Furnace Fuel
2x (3) Sludge on Wheels
2x (3) Trolley Problem
2x (4) Crazed Conductor
2x (4) Disciple of Sargeras
1x (4) Pop'gar the Putrid
2x (4) Waste Remover
AAECAcn1AgKXoASAngYOx8IFyMIF3cIF9fgF2oAGhY4GlZcGlpcGl5cGmJcGhJ4G16IG96MGpqgGAAA=

Sludge on Wheels especially shines against all the dopey 1/1s and 2/2s that are around in the early turns, fuels strong Waste Remover turns later. Dont' sleep on playing a 4 mana 7/7 for no value though.

Shabadu
Jul 18, 2003

rain dance

no warrior deck plays it now and it rotates in a tick anyway

Shabadu
Jul 18, 2003

rain dance

probably thaddius sludge combo, since the entire deck costs less than 4 and you pop an amorphous on the turn that has odd cost reduction

Shabadu
Jul 18, 2003

rain dance

Julio Cruz posted:

Shadestone Skulker needs a nerf ASAP

I had to look up why, but was not prepared for exactly how degenerate the combo is..

You need a Necrium Blade and a Snowfall Graveyard active, then on the combo turn play Spiritsinger Umbra, then a deathrattle that deals damage to your opponent (leper gnome is ideal at 1 cost, but slow) and then Skulker. You equip infinite daggers until your opponent dies or you both disconnect and force a tie.

I don't know exactly how far I was along for that achievement, so at minimum 464 deathrattle triggers happened at the end of that game.

Shabadu
Jul 18, 2003

rain dance

I'm in dad legend in standard (diamond 5) and i'm seeing ~50% bots for the first time basically ever. Would make hitting legend this season vastly quicker than usual.

Shabadu
Jul 18, 2003

rain dance

The cost reduction zilliax was kind of absurd, I can see it losing the cost reduction on friendly minions and only get cheaper based on opponent board.

Shabadu
Jul 18, 2003

rain dance

You gotta treat the aggro version of the deck like face hunter. You want a early turn to snowball off, the 2/1 mech into a free 1 drop mech, into a instrument tech into umpires grasp is ideal, mulligan hard for the weapon or the tutor.

Shabadu
Jul 18, 2003

rain dance

Plagues are basically the only counterplay DK has for warlock (unless you beef up an incredibly powerful CNE)

Rainbow DK is the all arounder that has good game against the 2 top decks and 50%s against the next two, probably going to run it to legend over DH now that i'm at dad legend.

Shabadu
Jul 18, 2003

rain dance

Helya's a tech card and not required. Reska and Primus are equally powerful and will get played in basically every DK deck until they rotate. Maw and paw and horsemen are marginal in the current meta but Maw and Paw is a cornerstone card of the previous version of the deck and feels wrong to cut. If you wanna get spicy and run a corpse/handbuff DK though, maw and paw is a standout there.

Shabadu
Jul 18, 2003

rain dance

The perfect curve of 1 drop, instrument tech into umpire's grasp into the 6/5 and 1/1 is a turn later and gives most control decks time to either find efficient answers, or aggro decks enough time to get in under the magtheridon

edit: this means i should probably cut some of the hyper specific dh hate in half my decks, glacial shard swapped for something more catered to longer games. I'm despising Tentacle Warrior most out of all the decks i'm up against, although that ones hard to hate out unless you get an on time helya+other plague enabler.

Shabadu fucked around with this message at 19:56 on Apr 11, 2024

Shabadu
Jul 18, 2003

rain dance

Zarimi is right there and is a tier 2, arguably t1 deck. Better than some classes

Control as an archetype is kept down by warrior's inevitability and its unmatched late game value. Wheel of death was a better, faster more inevitable wincon but that deck getting dumpstered is actually what pushed warrior into the place that keeps every other control deck out. You might be able to do a similar thing as Wheel if we still had rivendare...

Shabadu
Jul 18, 2003

rain dance

Whelp wrangler whelps and your 4x 1 drops that you can copy with projectionist or pip, and a single clay matriarch make it easy but more of a turn 8 or 9 play than it was online right at 6 before.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shabadu
Jul 18, 2003

rain dance

I don't have a problem with zarimi high rolls off dragon tales because that deck is kinda cheeks and it's the only reason to even run the card

I get more wins on priest with flooding the board and dropping thirsty drifters into zilliax than I do actually playing zarimi