Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Flayer
Sep 13, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
Buglord
For any other EUStars out there add Flayer#2411 for challenges or tag team mode

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Flayer
Sep 13, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
Buglord
Blizz desperately need to remake the client with the addition of the secondary track and new currency. It's ludicrously bodged together as it is, seeing as they are living in a client built 8 years ago for 2 game modes and a very basic shop.

Flayer
Sep 13, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
Buglord
I'm guessing enrage Warrior being better is bad for dude Paladin as all the dudes are easily washed away and it's harder to get the party started.

I'm very much enjoying Evolve Shaman in wild with the addition of some of the new cards from Nathria. Been having a great time with this deck I threw together, with no star bonus I went from Bronze to Plat without a single loss although I'm sure I'll start losing soon when I start facing decent opponents.

### Evolve
# Class: Shaman
# Format: Wild
#
# 1x (1) Azsharan Scroll
# 2x (1) Convincing Disguise
# 2x (1) Evolve
# 2x (1) Scalding Geyser
# 2x (2) Carving Chisel
# 2x (2) Devolve
# 2x (2) Explosive Evolution
# 2x (2) Novice Engineer
# 2x (2) Sleetbreaker
# 2x (3) Desert Hare
# 2x (3) Primordial Wave
# 1x (4) Baroness Vashj
# 2x (4) Multicaster
# 2x (5) Boggspine Knuckles
# 2x (5) Doppelgangster
# 1x (5) Thrall, Deathseer
# 1x (6) Tiny Toys
#
AAEBAdjwBATrzwLj9gO52QSZ2wQNnAL6qgL2vQL5vwLYqQOitgPduAOogQSVkgS8tgSq2QSv2QS22QQA
#
# To use this deck, copy it to your clipboard and create a new deck in Hearthstone

Flayer
Sep 13, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
Buglord
That is a cool change, especially good for Pirates.

As for the monetization of Battlegrounds, I've been playing (casually) with only 2 hero choices for like 1.5 years. I promise you it's no more or less fun than having 4 choices.

Flayer
Sep 13, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
Buglord
It feels like almost every game is vs Druid or Warlock and I'm pissing about at dad Legend doing achievements with a sub 20% win rate.

Flayer
Sep 13, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
Buglord
Had 1 disappear as well and my daily quests are showing reduced xp reward (ie not affected by season pass bonus).

Nice

Flayer
Sep 13, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
Buglord
I got lucky and drew three 0 zero cost spells on turn 2 from which I was able to summon a 10/10 copy of a minion in my deck and then two 5/5 copies of that. The AI was not able to come back from me having 20/20 stats on the board turn 2.

I was thinking what a miserable waste of resources for all the new voicelines and art for a 5 turn game.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Flayer
Sep 13, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
Buglord

Toshimo posted:

Maybe, but talking with players of varying backgrounds, I have a sneaky suspicion that BGs weren't selling >$1m/yr in cosmetics. And that's the minimum the game mode was costing them (in reality, I expect the the total cost was somewhere in the $3-5m/yr range).

I could be wrong, but I haven't seen anything to contradict that.
Battlegrounds being bundled up inside the Hearthstone client massively hinders its profitability. Personally I think it's a good thing but I'm sure the bean counters at Blizz need to make sure the execs can afford an extra Ferrari every year so they can keep their jobs.

I can't believe anyone of importance at Blizz cares about numbers around the $1m/year mark anyway, complete peanuts for such a huge conglomerate.