Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

peer
Jan 17, 2004

this is not what I wanted
hope they don't touch theotar. i don't think he's an issue at all

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

peer
Jan 17, 2004

i think the fact that devourer is barely played outside druid indicates it's not in itself the problem, but rather druid's ramp-on-demand and endless boards of x/1s with rush

peer
Jan 17, 2004

i have never seen it in big hunter but i'll take your word for it, sounds cool. in shaman, though, i think macaw is the problem card

peer
Jan 17, 2004

battlegrounds opinion: i think theotar is way too weak as a menagerie capstone. make him tier 5

peer
Jan 17, 2004

i hope we get a period of quests, buddies and tickets all active at once for maximum imbalanced insanity

peer
Jan 17, 2004

Mayveena posted:

Patch notes tomorrow, patch next week.

change of plans

https://twitter.com/hsdecktech/status/1568032640313458689

peer
Jan 17, 2004

https://hearthstone.blizzard.com/en-us/news/23852686

nerfs to guff (a mild one imo), edwin, dawngrasp's hero power, nightcloak sanctum, hunter quest, starfish, major nerf to kael. buffs to school teacher and bannerman

peer
Jan 17, 2004

what would battlegrounds look like if neutrals were sometimes excluded from the pool, like any other tribe?

peer
Jan 17, 2004

https://hearthstone.blizzard.com/en-us/news/23852688

mini-set coming next tuesday. 2000 gold as usual

peer
Jan 17, 2004

peer
Jan 17, 2004

Oenis posted:

Remind me how immune works again, aren't there certain effects that circumvent it, like psychic scream? Does starfish work? Gigafin?

yes, yes and yes. Immune is more like "can't be targeted or take damage". Twisting Nether kills them. Brawl kills them.

edit: or, well, starfish probably wouldn't work in this case, since it's a persistent effect

peer
Jan 17, 2004

you can still hit the opponent in the face

if you're somehow playing a deck that can't kill the opponent either before turn 10 or shortly after they play a 10-mana tauntless minion with a presumably empty board, and you also don't have board clears, then yeah i guess you're screwed

edit: he doesn't seem altogether that different from kazakusan to me (sans the dragons-played requirement). he's a card that says either i win right now or you're able to deal with it and i lose. if druids play it on like turn 5 and win i'm sure he'll be nerfed like kazakusan was

peer fucked around with this message at 23:40 on Sep 22, 2022

peer
Jan 17, 2004

edit: actually nah

peer
Jan 17, 2004

TIL the "end-of-turn effects trigger twice" quest reward works with C'thun's hero power

peer
Jan 17, 2004

I like Theotar and similar cards but I think he could go to 5 mana, still serve his purpose, and silence some of the complaints

peer
Jan 17, 2004

https://twitter.com/PlayHearthstone/status/1579880748005220353

peer
Jan 17, 2004

my next opponent. this is fine. i'll be fine.

edit: i wasn't fine

peer
Jan 17, 2004

also going live today: knights of the frozen throne is back in Standard until december 6th. wonder how many of the hero cards can keep up with today's power levels

peer
Jan 17, 2004

idk if the 1/3 guy, the death knight and blood razor is enough to make enrage warrior great, but i'm trying

peer
Jan 17, 2004

*plays a single match as a combo deck, and theotar steals a vital piece* this game has gone Woke

peer
Jan 17, 2004

bravesword posted:

Oh, wonderful, they’re pushing Discard Warlock again. Does anyone actually like this archetype?

i liked it in the extremely brief, one-week period after Rastakhan's where it seemed decent

peer
Jan 17, 2004

idk if i'd call it power creep when priest had a similar conditional 1-mana 2/3 years ago. it's definitely strong though

peer
Jan 17, 2004

loling at (Revives 2 times.)

peer
Jan 17, 2004

went 9-1 with the greediest of homebrew Blood DK decks. Nine of my opponents were other death knights

peer
Jan 17, 2004

fanny packrat posted:

Post your list.

### patchwerk on 7
# Class: Death Knight
# Format: Standard
# Year of the Hydra
#
# 2x (1) Body Bagger
# 2x (1) Heart Strike
# 2x (1) Runeforging
# 1x (2) Astalor Bloodsworn
# 2x (2) Hematurge
# 2x (2) Vampiric Blood
# 2x (3) Asphyxiate
# 1x (3) Brann Bronzebeard
# 2x (3) Chillfallen Baron
# 1x (3) Prince Renathal
# 2x (3) Soulbreaker
# 2x (4) Death Strike
# 2x (4) School Teacher
# 2x (5) Blood Boil
# 2x (5) Corpse Explosion
# 1x (5) Taelan Fordring
# 2x (6) Corrupted Ashbringer
# 2x (6) Gnome Muncher
# 1x (6) Theotar, the Mad Duke
# 1x (7) Alexandros Mograine
# 1x (7) Mutanus the Devourer
# 1x (7) Patchwerk
# 1x (8) Invincible
# 2x (8) Soulstealer
# 1x (10) Sire Denathrius
#
AAECAfHhBAqm7wOoigTp0ASY1AS42QSJ5gSX7wSE9gTfogXipAUPlrcE6uME9OME/OME/eMEieQElOQEleQEj+0Eh/YE4PYEsvcEs/cEtvoEq4AFAA==
#
# To use this deck, copy it to your clipboard and create a new deck in Hearthstone

i used this, which is definitely not the optimal version. Based on my 10 total games in an extremely DK-heavy meta I think double Asphyxiate is overkill, double Corpse Explosion is overkill, Denathrius and Invincible are bad

edit: also I don't think you should be able to discover cards you don't fill the rune requirements for

peer fucked around with this message at 22:54 on Dec 6, 2022

peer
Jan 17, 2004

no, but the Knights of the Frozen Throne cards that were temporarily added last month were removed

peer
Jan 17, 2004

Excelzior posted:

surely they will showcase the dominant new class, death kni- hahahahahahaha it's all combo decks and control priest/pally

an extremely exciting quest dh mirror where no minions were played turn 1-5 and neither player completed the quest was just ended on turn six by 29 damage from hand

peer
Jan 17, 2004

https://hearthstone.blizzard.com/en-us/news/23892228/25-2-2-patch-notes

peer
Jan 17, 2004

the story of a game that effectively ended on turn 3

peer
Jan 17, 2004

no Inspire? smh

peer
Jan 17, 2004

simply remove the Rush :v

peer
Jan 17, 2004

https://hearthstone.blizzard.com/en-us/news/23921492/25-4-3-patch-notes

Construct Quarter to 4 mana, Gnoll to 11, Parrot recasts 6 or higher. No surprises

peer
Jan 17, 2004

oondasta druid was cool actually

peer
Jan 17, 2004

Color Printer posted:

Called shot: a neutral Spinal Tap reference card that lets any class go up to 11 Mana.

peer
Jan 17, 2004

these days if you remade Blood Manos it'd read "ALL minions (wherever they are)."

peer
Jan 17, 2004

shadowjeweler hanar in core :pwn:

edit:

peer fucked around with this message at 18:20 on Mar 23, 2023

peer
Jan 17, 2004

war master voone wasn't good enough to see action in 2018/19 but maybe he'll be a powerhouse with the same stats, cost and equivalent ability in 2023 :)

peer
Jan 17, 2004

i'll still play that garbage

peer
Jan 17, 2004

huh.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

peer
Jan 17, 2004

second game of the new year, opponent has turn 3 coin hedanis and a 0-mana flash heal from illumination. good game, both teams played hard