Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

HA! HA! NICE! WHAT A TOOL!
I do like the quest mechanic. Like a sane implementation of buddies.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

RatHat posted:

I think Theotar is a bit too consistent(I think he should be “Discover a card from your hand and trade it with a random card in your opponent’s hand” or something) but yeah
This would kill the card and its actual use case. Discovering opponent card and swapping with a random card in your own hand would preserve his purpose while making him less good.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

so you're saying... buff denathrius?

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

Goddammit Dean. You may have quit but this is still your fault.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

It's really, really good and worst of all neutral.

No Wave fucked around with this message at 19:22 on Sep 22, 2022

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

Veev posted:

Comparable to Insatiable devourer and I don't feel terrible playing that uninfused when I have to, and it takes a bit more but I like her upside better.
and 3 less mana!

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

PneumonicBook posted:

Ah good, useable with brann. Yes, fantastic.
Are you sure?

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

Tin Tim posted:

Remember the old threads before dupe protection when we joked about all the bolfs we opened? At least some posters must have been telling the truth and now is their time to shine god dammit
https://youtu.be/rNgDw4K-HVg

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

Devor posted:

Finally, we have a tech card to put an end to the Secrets archetype's reign of terror
But that's the best 3 mana anti-secret tech card ever printed!

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

bravesword posted:

Go back seven years and tell yourself that King Krush is seeing more serious Constructed play than Tirion Fordring, Lord Jaraxxus, Grommash Hellscream, or any Dragon Aspect.
Yes, players would be surprised to hear that spending 9 mana to cast king krush could be so strong.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

It's not a simple as nerfing best cards in strong deck = better meta. You have to look at which matchups beast hunter is favored in that it's not supposed to be and nerf the thing that went wrong. My random guess is that the devs didnt expect renathal to be this good so now the deck is too robust to early damage. This isnt a case where a deck is world on fire broken like launch DH, flip a few beast hunter matchups and it's fine.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

I mean they printed cards that discount and tutor king krush. If I could discount and tutor tirion I would be interested in that too.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

Mayveena posted:

So if Beast Hunter has only one unfavorable matchup why isn't everyone and their grandma playing it? I would think the deck would be more of the meta given this information. Again talking about D4+
Most people playing HS don't force themselves to play the literal strongest deck at any given moment. Even the most broken decks in history never went above 35%. People also have their own opinions about deck matchups/favorability.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

It's not an accurate assumption. You can look at the history of deck popularity percentage across all of VS history and even KotFT druid was 36% at top legend. Most players will sooner log off than play the king tier 0 meta deck.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

If he were 6 or 7 he would have to have a better than 1 in 3 shot of taking denathrius. As is he's a very good card that can win you the game vs denathrius 30% of games where he is in the deck, at 6 or 7 he's a niche tech card that doesnt even work most of the time.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

Not wanting theotar playable when nine overpowered hero cards are added to the game. This sounds like the Team 5 I know.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

Sankara posted:

Man. This game sucks, huh?
play Marvel SNAP. You'll know if you like it or not in fifteen minutes.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

It would be an incredibly powerful effect in the right deck/meta because certain kinds of aggressive decks only care about face damage after turn 6. And a 7/7 body isnt good enough but it's still a real threat. I havent read the DK pool enough to see how it will fit.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

Discard really is just the devs stapling arbitrarily strong effects to a terrible mechanic. Without MTG's op rear end graveyard there isnt a sense that discarding forwards any game plan beyond triggering other cards that say discard on the text. Like that's fine and all, card games, it just is hard to get excited about it as a mechanic when it can mean summoning a 0 mana 3/3 or drawing 3 cards from set to set.

No Wave fucked around with this message at 18:06 on Nov 15, 2022

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

I dont think they are looking to repeat DH launch. That would be psycho.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

AnacondaHL posted:

Scourge Illusionist has single-handedly infused the existing Mine Rogue deck with Ungoro Quest Rogue. You can flood the board fairly early with lots of 0- or 1-mana 4/4s, threatening lethal either by attacking face or exploding for even more damage. So it plays a lot differently and has a bit of a learning curve, but it's strong (may end up as a Diamond+ type deck).

### MLK Mine
# Class: Rogue
# Format: Standard
# Year of the Hydra
#
# 2x (0) Preparation
# 1x (0) Shadow of Demise
# 2x (1) Blackwater Cutlass
# 1x (1) Door of Shadows
# 2x (1) Ghostly Strike
# 2x (1) Gone Fishin'
# 2x (1) Shattershambler
# 2x (2) Forsaken Lieutenant
# 2x (2) Naval Mine
# 2x (3) Sketchy Information
# 2x (3) Snowfall Graveyard
# 2x (4) Counterfeit Blade
# 2x (4) Scourge Illusionist
# 2x (4) Swiftscale Trickster
# 2x (5) Burning Blade Acolyte
# 2x (8) Smokescreen
#
AAECAaIHAvTdBMygBQ716APT8wON9AO9gAT3nwT8pQT9rASIsAS3swTVtgSJ0gTj0wShkwXBoQUA
#
# To use this deck, copy it to your clipboard and create a new deck in Hearthstone
# Generated by HDT - https://hsreplay.net
Just lost with this twice at Bronze 10... rip me.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

AnacondaHL posted:

yea I started 2-6 before finally figuring out how to make plays, then went on a win streak
Bad as I am ty for sharing it is very fun/cool/disgusting.

EDIT: Confession, I swapped the bombs for nerubian eggs and it is now way more braindead and ez.

No Wave fucked around with this message at 05:38 on Dec 9, 2022

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

Non-troll question. I played this game again for the first time in a while and like any returners was blown away by how many stats every deck could put on the board while refilling their hand and staying at 40 (!) life. When you play the game, is it even possible to play around opponents' cards outside of a few outliers? Or are you mostly focused on advancing your own board state?

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

So now that the dust has settled, is Renathal a good card after all?

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

NorgLyle posted:

Launching Signature cards with the Lich King set and having all the signature cards consequently look like garbage was maybe not the best idea ever. 'Oh boy another blue and grey blob to drop down on my board. How exciting.'
The tone of that post was so apologetic/conciliatory. Signatures must have really flopped.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

Heroic Yoshimitsu posted:

I don’t know if they ever clarified before this that the reason signature cards look so dark and drab is because they’re matching the death knight aesthetic… most people I’ve seen thought that’s just how signature cards were always going to look
They said it at launch. But it's fair to think their plan was for future signatures to be monochromatic with some other tone. And regardless of what happens in future sets these look terrible.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

Exploitative how? It's just a silly battle pass.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

Lurks With Wolves posted:

Because it's a second battle pass they shove on top for no reason to get the "oh, I need to get all these collectables" reaction without starting a whole new phase of the main missions-and-free-content battle pass, and they're giving everyone a free one that's unlocked with a flashy animation to make everyone look at it and (ideally) get sad that they didn't the one they wanted. It's fundamentally just a way to encourage people to buy things.
BGs is possibly the most poorly monetized service game ever. I have to let them at least try to make some money.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

paid money to post posted:

I never bothered with Gwent but the art looks incredible. Is it doable as f2p?

I mean, I assumed the signature cards at least had some incredible litch king / ice themed animation that went off when you played them.
Gwent is ded. They announxed 2023 is the last year there will be new cards. Game has a really strange history, it had an open beta in 2017 that was wildly popular and is the version of the game most people tried but also tons of people quit after a month (I loved this version of the game). They fired the lead designer (who works on Hearthstone now) and in six months redid the game into what it is today and it's been very hard to get anyone interested in it.

If they release the standalone open beta client I would push it on everyone.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

AnacondaHL posted:

Oh yea reminder that 2022 World Championship is on now and all this weekend, youtube only, with drops

Lineups here (it's p grim)
https://www.d0nkey.top/wc/2022
I see. the players all agreed not to bring death knight.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

3 mana is a much fairer cost for two stealthed 7/7s.

Toxfin at 6 feels real bad to roll into as something taking up the 6 cost slot. Would prefer they did something different.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

The Renathal nerf is a really big deal. Having a bunch of decks go from 40 starting life to 30 starting life can potentially change a ton of stuff in unpredictable ways.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

aw frig aw dang it posted:

I've been surprised to see a bunch of people upset over the Renathal nerf on the official forums and on reddit. Maybe it's because I hate fishing for cards but I barely ever ran it due to it creating a 40-card deck. I don't get the appeal.
There are vocal online individuals who hate aggro and take this personally and want 40 life totals to be the default.

Renathal messed with balance in a really dramatic way, if I were a dev he would drive me insane.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

Its kind of crazy they've committed to making cards for 11 classes every time they want to release cards.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

Sinstone makes me lol. 2 mana card that was making two 11/11 stealthers each. And they decided that 3 was a fair cost.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

I prefer hearthstone's revenue model to snap's. But snap's simultaneous turns are just amazing. I never wanna play a turn taking card game online again. I'd love to see snap ripoffs with more deckbuilding restrictions and tags.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

Astalor is just an op neutral card with no deckbuilding restrictions I dont get what he's for.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

So will the mercenaries tutorial finally leave my quest log?

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

MinionOfCthulhu posted:

Blizzard isn’t doing so well, I think, the quarterly report that just came out shows Dragonflight underperformed and they didn’t even mention Hearthstone at all…
Overwatch 3 will fix this.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

Archetype is fun -> Devs try to push it -> They go too far and archetype is now no longer fun.