Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Julio Cruz
May 19, 2006
made a Miracle Rogue ragequit by Mutanusing both his Edwin and his big knife summon guy

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Julio Cruz
May 19, 2006
well the Sunwell is going straight into Jackpot Rogue

Julio Cruz
May 19, 2006

GTO posted:

Sunwell is terrible right? Like, the cheaper you make it the worse it is. Or am I missing something?

there's a sweet spot around 4/5 mana where it generates you 5/6 spells

really it depends how much you value random spells, which you probably don't unless you're playing an extreme value game or Burgle Rogue

Julio Cruz
May 19, 2006

Oenis posted:

I'll wait for Mark Mckz to try and stack the effect 10 times somehow for the OTK and that'll be good enough for me.

Brann, Zola, Brewmasters, Nobleman, and Shudderwork off Brightwing to finish :gritin:

Julio Cruz
May 19, 2006
there aren’t nearly enough 2-turn OTKs in the game right now to make that good

even 20-mana Druid wins through eventual value and not combos

Julio Cruz
May 19, 2006
Brann/Denathrius is a finisher but it requires a lot of buildup in minions dying so you can’t just slam it whenever you need

I’m just really struggling to see what deck wants/needs this. Druid has much better ways to get more value. Big Spell Mage getting a couple of free Runes isn’t going to win the game in 3 turns 99% of the time. Is Jailer Pally playing Jailer and Bolf on the same turn and not consecutive ones really all that much better?

Julio Cruz
May 19, 2006
why is Mage getting a Thief Rogue card

Julio Cruz
May 19, 2006

FAT BATMAN posted:

https://youtu.be/VnqOL1YqKzs

Can someone grab a high res screenshot from the end of this vid? It’s too small on my phone…

I assume this is what you're after: (even in 1080 it's a bit blurry)

The concoctions are:

Summon a random 3-cost minion
Destroy a random enemy minion
Deal 3 damage
Add a card to your hand from another class. It costs (3) less
Draw 2 cards

Julio Cruz fucked around with this message at 19:59 on Nov 25, 2022

Julio Cruz
May 19, 2006
unpacked golden Lady Svalna and I'm having a blast with the Infinite Shadows deck even though I have boomer APM

Julio Cruz
May 19, 2006

Enoch3114 posted:

I have been playing the shockspitter deck someone reccomended to me and the burst you can put out is crazy. Might not stay effective but defnitely punishes early meta greed decks. Routinely killing 50 hp renethal death knights on turn 8.

### pew pew
# Class: Hunter
# Format: Standard
# Year of the Hydra
#
# 2x (0) Devouring Swarm
# 2x (1) Arcane Shot
# 2x (1) Candleshot
# 2x (1) Ricochet Shot
# 2x (1) Tracking
# 2x (1) Urchin Spines
# 1x (2) Bloodmage Thalnos
# 2x (2) Bloodseeker
# 2x (2) Conjured Arrow
# 2x (2) Selective Breeder
# 2x (2) Shockspitter
# 2x (2) Youthful Brewmaster
# 1x (3) Brann Bronzebeard
# 2x (3) Harpoon Gun
# 1x (3) Rustrot Viper
# 1x (3) Zola the Gorgon
# 2x (4) Warsong Wrangler
#
AAECAYoWBND5A5egBJbUBJjUBA3q6QPw7AOU/AP2jwSpnwSqnwScoATBuQSDyASnkAWakgWokwWPpAUA
#
# To use this deck, copy it to your clipboard and create a new deck in Hearthstone

I figure some streamer has been playing this this morning because it's suddenly everywhere

Julio Cruz
May 19, 2006
so uh DK Arena is absurdly OP

currently 8-1 and the only games that are even close are other DKs (and I am officially Very Bad At Arena)

Julio Cruz
May 19, 2006
are DK progression quests bugged? The Scourge doesn’t seem to work despite it saying “summon” undead not “play”

Julio Cruz
May 19, 2006
me, earlier: well I've got these DK quests not completing properly so I guess I'll play some Arena, worked out well enough yesterday

:woop:

Julio Cruz
May 19, 2006
Astalor is such a dumb loving card

Julio Cruz
May 19, 2006

NorgLyle posted:

I feel like the real problem, say it with me, is Brann.

100% but they're not gonna bother doing anything about Brann when he rotates next expansion

Julio Cruz
May 19, 2006

Patrick Spens posted:

Pretty sure the real problem is that Druid can drop 36 mana worth of minions in one turn. Brann + Alastor are both neutrals but they're only a problem with one class.

Druid is the main offender but I've seen plenty of other classes drop Brann + 5-mana Astalor on turn 8

Julio Cruz
May 19, 2006
good riddance to DR Rogue

also it's gonna take a lot more than making a few DK minions +1 health to make tempo DK good

Julio Cruz
May 19, 2006

GTO posted:

Dusted all the refund cards and got 6500 back. Any thoughts on what the new meta is gonna be?

they didn't hit Guff Druid at all so I expect that to take over

e: oh yeah aggro is much stronger with 5 less health on control decks, yayyyyyyyyyy

Julio Cruz
May 19, 2006
the stats aren't important with Renathal though, they could make him a 1/1 and it wouldn't change his play rate

Julio Cruz
May 19, 2006
Druid was a mistake

Julio Cruz
May 19, 2006
my guesses:

Rogue:
Ghoulish Alchemist to a 2/2
Potion Belt to 3 mana

DH:
Final Showdown to 5/5/5 cards
Fel'Dorei Warband to only target minions

Hunter:
Devouring Swarm to 1 mana
Selective Breeder to "discover a Beast to draw from your deck"

Julio Cruz
May 19, 2006
there are 2 problems with Astalor IMO:

a) the play rate (having one card in 80% of decks is not good for the game IMO, too often games are coming down to who got it in their mulligan and who didn't)

b) getting multiple copies so you can do 16 damage 2 or 3 turns in a row which is basically a guaranteed win (and gain 10-15 armor so you're more able to survive that long)

in general I don't think neutral win conditions should really be a thing, it just makes the game feel much too samey when everyone's playing decks that are essentially the same gameplan only with a different hero power

Julio Cruz
May 19, 2006
that colossal is pretty weak, it’s a control card that means you can’t run BBB which is the control deck

and FF* decks don’t really want to spend their limited frost spells on removal rather than going face

the location though…. I could see it working with aggro token UUU

Julio Cruz
May 19, 2006
is any class gonna find this combo easier to pull off than Mecha'Thun? I'm not seeing it

Julio Cruz
May 19, 2006

Excelzior posted:

I think their gnoll fix is FUBAR, you can still Blazing Transmutation the gnoll into 10 drops

you can, it just pushes the gnoll turn back by one

Julio Cruz
May 19, 2006
is Deadly Arsenal the worst card ever printed

Julio Cruz
May 19, 2006

Color Printer posted:

Temporus will eventually somehow get a good card to combo with but the combo will be too good and they'll have to nerf Temporus into the ground

Priest just needs a way to generate Time Out!

Julio Cruz
May 19, 2006
I prefer when every game is different so stale metas with only 1 or 2 viable decks are really boring for me

I also hate when you’re waiting multiple turns for someone to assemble their game-winning combo and you have literally no way to stop them doing it

Julio Cruz
May 19, 2006
that Rogue weapon is gonna be everywhere and it's gonna suck to play against

Julio Cruz
May 19, 2006
Paladin legendary spell from the video: 3 mana Holy spell "Give your hero Divine Shield. For the rest of the game, playing a Holy spell refreshes it"

which seems pretty nuts

there's also a way to summon a 6/6 Rush Taunt Divine Shield Reborn Stealth Poisonous Windfury

Julio Cruz fucked around with this message at 18:49 on Mar 14, 2023

Julio Cruz
May 19, 2006

Blasmeister posted:

Would a single other Amalgam played have that card at 100% keywords? Cause that compares pretty favourably to Siamat if all you need is Amalgam of the Deep in your deck to enable it

pretty sure it's one keyword max per minion

Julio Cruz
May 19, 2006

Excelzior posted:

^^ oh god thats right I'm looking at it backwards, youll generate the spell in triple-runed decks

fuuuuuck that's going to be busted

I don't think generation looks at the runes you have

like you can generate the Scourge in Blood or Frost decks

Julio Cruz
May 19, 2006
looking through the cards which are rotating and gotta say I'm loving delighted that Guff and the Hunter questline are going

Julio Cruz
May 19, 2006
the Year of the Gryphon is rotating, that's Barrens, Stormwind and Alterac Valley

there are also changes upcoming to the Core set which haven't been announced yet but everyone is praying that Brann is gone

Julio Cruz
May 19, 2006
how they didn't give disco to Warlock I'll never know

Julio Cruz
May 19, 2006

MinionOfCthulhu posted:

Disco lock has been a deck archetype for a while, now it’s just literal

it isn’t, though

Warlock is classical, disco went to…..Paladin!?

Julio Cruz
May 19, 2006

Victor Vermis posted:

I'm not at all optimistic, but I am curious what a jazz-themed, improvisational Shaman set looks like.

Weapon-focused Rogue sets were always a bummer to me because they meant fewer thief cards, but if you gotta choose a theme for Hip Hop Rogue,

Yeah. Do Weapons. Good idea.

I have no problem with hip-hop Rogue (go fast, do everything in the right order)

but imo Mage and Shaman should be swapped, let the class which can discover a shitload of spells be improv jazz and give electronica to the class which uses lightning

Julio Cruz
May 19, 2006
how much should a “set your maximum mana crystals to 11” spell cost? I’m thinking 5 at least

Julio Cruz
May 19, 2006
by my count there are gonna be 81 non-Paladin class legendary minions after rotation, plus another 9ish in FoL, and then whichever changes they make to the Core set

I wonder how often Legendary Invitations are gonna be able to generate Hedanis and OTK with Holy Maki Roll

Julio Cruz fucked around with this message at 01:43 on Mar 16, 2023

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Julio Cruz
May 19, 2006
if the meta stays combo-heavy then Tony + a good draw spell might be reasonably good disruption