Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Luff
Jul 11, 2006

Congratulations on not getting fit in 2011!
Pretty bored of this meta. Just played a bit of boar priest to salvage my 11th bonus star so I can wait for the next patch to shake things up.

Funny how that deck, which I figured would be countered by Theotar, feels better able to play around him than anything else I've played.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Luff
Jul 11, 2006

These recent arena metas have had large class imbalances, so it's worth looking at the overall class winrates on hsreplay.net if you're trying to win. For instance, the top class atm is mage at 52.2%, while rogue is all the way down at 42.1%. The difference is probably less wide for a given player, but it's still big.

Luff
Jul 11, 2006

Yestermoment posted:

I don't follow arena as sharply, but has mage EVER been sub-par in it?

I was playing a lot and paying attention to winrates when arena had buckets, and I remember the overall mage winrate dropping below 50% at least once. It was towards the end of that system, so probably early 2019. Overall, though, almost never, I think.

Edit: Looks like mage was subpar for a bit in '21 and '20 when I wasn't playing:

https://mobile.twitter.com/HSReplayNet/status/1266782715564527616

https://mobile.twitter.com/ben_heathstone/status/1374313727596584961

Luff fucked around with this message at 05:45 on Sep 11, 2022

Luff
Jul 11, 2006

quote:

[Hearthstone] Fixed a bug where players could not play minions onto a full board, even if space was being cleared, until after animations and effects resolved.

That's a relief. Was worried it was a deliberate design direction

Luff
Jul 11, 2006

Might be related to that bug where Theotar gave switcheroo'd minions 0 health

Luff
Jul 11, 2006

They haven't mentioned anything. There's a patch this week, but it's to fix Dew Process before the MTs.

Luff
Jul 11, 2006

I'm guessing it's when there was no board space for the last beast, and that it would give the beast in your deck rush? Haven't seen it myself

Luff
Jul 11, 2006

It did

Luff
Jul 11, 2006

just calling cubic leaper scaling an exploit, I think.

Edit: Wait, it's not actually cubic, is it? I've read people call it that, but if you get perfect RNG with golden baron + leapers, it should just be a base 3 geometric progression. 3^leaps instead of leaps^3

Luff fucked around with this message at 21:29 on Oct 18, 2022

Luff
Jul 11, 2006

Ok that's going to shake up the meta

edit for those not watching: this card goes live today

Luff
Jul 11, 2006

Looking at bad/gimmicky combos with the returning cards, I kind of want to run the 1/1 lifesteal murloc with gorloc and volcanomancy

Luff
Jul 11, 2006

The new spellcraft golden quest reward in BGs seems to be a bit buggy. After goldening a Lava Lurker with it permanently (as expected), I goldened Tough Tusk with it to see if I could get a permanent divine shield from one blood gem. That ended up giving me a permanently golden Tough Tusk instead of just a permanent DS

For some reason, a +3 health and taunt spellcraft I put on a pupbot also became permanent. The rest of the spellcrafts I played worked as intended instead of sticking permanently

Luff
Jul 11, 2006

The basic set it missing, so most of the iconic class cards are out of the arena rotation until it's fixed

Luff
Jul 11, 2006

There was a patch today

The basic set is included in the arena now. Unfortunately, the pools for discovers and random generation are empty, making a bunch of cards not do anything, so they shut the arena down.

Luff
Jul 11, 2006

Toshimo posted:

I wasn't even getting the in-combat buff. It just wasn't doing anything.

Were the whelps getting hit for exact damage? I just saw the interaction work, but the whelp survived and got the health buff afterwards.

Luff
Jul 11, 2006

I guess they didn't want to push the the power level of infinite shadow discovers since radiant is in standard. You can probably still do a weak, gimmicky combo with it at 3 cost, though, which sounds like something I'd like to play

Luff
Jul 11, 2006

Now I kind of want to see an undercosted spammy arcanist reprint with honorable kill: deal 1 damage to your hero

Luff
Jul 11, 2006

These signature cards look like they're from a completely different game

Luff
Jul 11, 2006

I wonder if Astalor + Voidtouched Attendant will be decent in anything. It's probably a dead card too often in an aggressive shadow priest deck, but maybe in a more midrange-y one

Looking forward to the priest and mage cards. Concoctions will probably be fun for a while too. I'm not really feeling the DK hype, but that might just be me not wanting to spend the 2k gold

Luff
Jul 11, 2006

Weird. The second (standard) pack I'm trying to open softlocked the game twice

Edit: Three times. Opening another type of pack worked fine

Luff fucked around with this message at 20:18 on Dec 6, 2022

Luff
Jul 11, 2006

Did you click the golden bundle, then toggle to the normal one? There should be an option for paying with gold there

Edit: not fast enough

Luff
Jul 11, 2006

The arena winrates are kind of funny atm

Luff
Jul 11, 2006

That one progresses when playing against paladin instead (or too), apparently

Luff
Jul 11, 2006

It's funny how Corpse Explosion does almost nothing against an Infectious Ghoul board if you ping one of them. I was trying out Ghostly Strike in DR Rogue and immediately faced two blood DKs who couldn't do anything

Luff
Jul 11, 2006

This world championship final is going to the turn timer, isn't it? There have been some clever plays to navigate for it, like the timing of when to delay fatigue by overdrawing Mida shards, but holy poo poo how miserable this endgame is

Luff
Jul 11, 2006

Aww, they hit Valishj. Good riddance to bless priest, but I really liked that busted wisp

Luff
Jul 11, 2006

typing refund into the collection search

Luff
Jul 11, 2006

I didn't climb to legend for a couple of months and just got my 11th star back anyway? Cool that it works that way when you're not playing much

Luff
Jul 11, 2006

New BG season in a week:
https://hearthstone.blizzard.com/en-us/news/23892224/announcing-battlegrounds-season-3

Was hoping for dual-type minions, so I'm glad to see those. Scrapping together minions from multiple tribes into something coherent is my favourite type of comp to play

Luff
Jul 11, 2006

Should be a little bit higher, but not by much

3/6*2/5*1/4 = 1/20 = 5%

Pretty bullshit

Luff
Jul 11, 2006

Allright, they're probably hotfixing scabbs out of BGs for a bit

https://clips.twitch.tv/FunElatedGooseFUNgineer-2QaTrv0h6Fnzkr0D

Somebody else turned into a useless adventure version of Onyxia too. This version of Nefarion gave a ton of armor each turn

Luff
Jul 11, 2006

In other broken BGs news, Tamsin and Illidan can make Blanchy reborn infinitely. It happens if their hero powers remove its reborn at the start of combat, and it then gets reborn from Soulsplitter in the next start of combat phase. The reborn that gets applied counts as an enchantment, making Blanchy get it back every time it is reborn.

Edit: They removed those heroes, plus some others. I guess your opponents can only do this to you if you're Tavish now

Luff fucked around with this message at 12:32 on Jan 18, 2023

Luff
Jul 11, 2006

This tavern brawl is pretty good for doing your Noz quest if you haven't yet. Quick games

Also, this was a funny way to win a lobby. The scary opponents got knocked out by high attack token undead players who tempoed with Anub + handless, so my kaboom bot just cleaned up, somehow

Dino was almost useless at the end, but I needed one proc on the cleave

Luff
Jul 11, 2006

They're in all lobbies for the first two weeks, then in 75% of lobbies for the next two weeks

Luff
Jul 11, 2006

Patch is coming thursday
https://twitter.com/PlayHearthstone/status/1617946038257520664
Glad they're hitting Ghoul of the Feast. That one felt to easy to utilize for how safe it made you while leveling

Edit: I guess grey means redesign?

Luff
Jul 11, 2006

That change to Eternal Summoner in BGs was clever

quote:

The change to the Gnoll/Maestra interaction is a major change to the class [...]

Better give us a Maestra refund too, then

Luff
Jul 11, 2006

Yes, I feel bad for wild players

Luff
Jul 11, 2006

This was a novel way to be strong in the midgame

Barely took any damage just leveling every turn

Luff
Jul 11, 2006

this brawl was kind of fun

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Luff
Jul 11, 2006

Sure:

### Brawl 08-03 19:11
# Class: Mage
# Format: Wild
# Year of the Hydra
#
# 2x (1) Elven Archer
# 2x (1) Emerald Skytalon
# 2x (1) Fire Fly
# 1x (1) Guardian Augmerchant
# 2x (1) Jar Dealer
# 2x (1) Rocket Augmerchant
# 1x (1) Skaterbot
# 2x (1) Tentacle of N'Zoth
# 1x (2) EVIL Cable Rat
# 2x (2) Galvanizer
# 2x (2) Hench-Clan Hogsteed
# 2x (2) Mechwarper
# 2x (2) Ram Commander
# 2x (2) Trench Surveyor
# 2x (3) Mecha-Shark
# 2x (3) Seafloor Gateway
# 1x (3) Stargazer Luna
#
AAEBAf0EBJ/1Au72ArSRA96+Aw2UD4StAuvCAtf+AsedA/2lA9++A6GNBL2fBLi0BMm3BMq3BN25BAA=
#
# To use this deck, copy it to your clipboard and create a new deck in Hearthstone
# Generated by HDT - https://hsreplay.net

Definitly not optimal or anything