Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Szyznyk
Mar 4, 2008

Was BurtSexual given a Viking funeral in his lake cruiser?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

beer gas canister
Oct 30, 2007

shmups are da best come play some shmups they're cheap and good and you like them
Plaster Town Cop
Chris-Craft bitch

Kirk Vikernes
Apr 26, 2004

Count Goatnackh

Szyznyk posted:

Was BurtSexual given a Viking funeral in his lake cruiser?

He was damned for all eternity and must give Lowtax boat rides in the lake of fire 24/7.

Luvcow
Jul 1, 2007

One day nearer spring
can we talk about below deck, below deck Mediterranean, below deck sailing yacht and below deck down under in this thread op?

Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (:
ive got a kayak i like to paddle some day i will try to fish while i am in it also

Smugworth
Apr 18, 2003

BAGS FLY AT NOON posted:

Starboard is pronounced “STAH-b’d”

Luvcow posted:

can we talk about below deck, below deck Mediterranean, below deck sailing yacht and below deck down under in this thread op?

Yeah whose your favorite chief shtew

Luvcow
Jul 1, 2007

One day nearer spring

Smugworth posted:

Yeah whose your favorite chief shtew

kate of course but sadly she's left the show

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
I'm swabbing the poop deck

Toxic Mental
Jun 1, 2019

Here's an awesome mini doc about a guy who sails like 3000 miles alone from California to Hawaii

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yUi0gsxVHZM&t=2s

Smugworth
Apr 18, 2003

Luvcow posted:

kate of course but sadly she's left the show

Nah bitch it's aesha, Kate's like number 3 or 4

e: I'll give it to you she was the trailblazer

Smugworth fucked around with this message at 02:16 on Aug 24, 2022

Devils Affricate
Jan 22, 2010

The Bloop posted:

I'm swabbing the poop deck

I'm hoisting the dinghy :hfive:

Smugworth
Apr 18, 2003

Devils Affricate posted:

I'm hoisting the dinghy :hfive:

We used to have another word for that...

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
Brb dropping anchor

Space Kablooey
May 6, 2009

Catamarans are the best boat because it's the kind of boat Kevin Costner used in that movie

Smugworth
Apr 18, 2003

Kevin Costner drank his piss in that movie, much like William Henry Hairytaint does on a daily basis

Bloodfart McCoy
Jul 20, 2007

That's a high quality avatar right there.

Toxic Mental posted:

Here's an awesome mini doc about a guy who sails like 3000 miles alone from California to Hawaii

I got really stoned and watched some of his videos. Definitely pro clicks.

Toxic Mental
Jun 1, 2019

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R7yfISlGLNU

Mister Speaker
May 8, 2007

WE WILL CONTROL
ALL THAT YOU SEE
AND HEAR
Canoes are lots of fun.

I'm not an avid portager or anything but I really enjoy getting out on the water in a canoe. Kind of like riding a bike, I learned how to do some neat stuff like soloing, and even righting and re-boarding a tipped canoe in the water by mysef - and I haven't forgotten despite not getting in one for many years. I tried it at a cottage trip with friends last summer and they were impressed. :smug:

flubber nuts
Oct 5, 2005

LuckyCat
Jul 26, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Reasons I would ever need to get on a boat:

1)

Szyznyk
Mar 4, 2008

LuckyCat posted:

Reasons I would ever need to get on a boat:

1)

Potato blight
2. The Tsar
3. Bumper boats at Shell Factory

Haptical Sales Slut
Mar 15, 2010

Age 18 to 49

Toxic Mental posted:

Absolute insanity, I can’t imagine being out in the ocean by yourself for that long.

Smugworth
Apr 18, 2003

What if you had a full deck and interior crew attending your every need, commanded by the loveable Captain Glenn

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Tune into the fireplace channel, you absolute buffoon
That's a cool fuckin paintjob, shipmate!

Only registered members can see post attachments!

kntfkr
Feb 11, 2019

GOOSE FUCKER
what was that ship that teleported with the sailors in it and they were stuck in the hull and people believe this was a real thing

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Tune into the fireplace channel, you absolute buffoon
Titanic

kntfkr
Feb 11, 2019

GOOSE FUCKER
oh yeah

Luvcow
Jul 1, 2007

One day nearer spring

Smugworth posted:

What if you had a full deck and interior crew attending your every need, commanded by the loveable Captain Glenn

gary is an anthropomorphic penis but otherwise yeah that sounds delightful

Chief McHeath
Apr 23, 2002

I like to go pee off the front of the boat and the back of the boat and both sides of the boat too :madmax:

ClamdestineBoyster
Aug 15, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Glass bottom boat with big old mermaid titties smashed up against the bottom. :mario:

Luvcow
Jul 1, 2007

One day nearer spring

Chief McHeath posted:

I like to go pee off the front of the boat and the back of the boat and both sides of the boat too :madmax:

grew up on boats, family has a dock and every time someone pisses into the water its customary to say "fish love urine"

hot cocoa on the couch
Dec 8, 2009

Luvcow posted:

grew up on boats, family has a dock and every time someone pisses into the water its customary to say "fish love urine"

lol yup. they're known to be nasty like that. in fact

BIG FLUFFY DOG
Feb 16, 2011

On the internet, nobody knows you're a dog.

Fun fact: I am posting on a boat right now

Poohs Packin
Jan 13, 2019

I was a chef on some yachts and it was a fun but exhausting job. I think boats are cool and would like to fix one up one day and cruise up and down queensland

Pac and Cheese
Oct 29, 2010

gotta walk fast

kntfkr posted:

what was that ship that teleported with the sailors in it and they were stuck in the hull and people believe this was a real thing

i think it was called the jamie kennedy experiment

Poohs Packin
Jan 13, 2019

The dude in middle school who told me about the boat field theory conspiracy thing ended up getting super hard into Alex Jones

Smugworth
Apr 18, 2003

Luvcow posted:

Just like William Henry Hairytaint

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

My great uncle (as in my grandpa's brother) used to own a cabin on White Potato Lake here in WI and he had a badass pontoon boat and used to let my 11 year old rear end burn that fucker around the lake.
Cool great uncle. Cool boat.

I also volunteered as a teen for the Manitowoc Maritime Museum, which has a literal WWII submarine parked in the river next to it.
That also was a cool boat.

in case you're wondering why some rinky-dink WI town has a maritime museum and its own WWII sub, it's because we built 'em

Big Beef City fucked around with this message at 12:46 on Aug 24, 2022

Linux Pirate
Apr 21, 2012

"please don't take Proud Larry"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bad Purchase
Jun 17, 2019

Big Beef City posted:

in case you're wondering why some rinky-dink WI town has a maritime museum and its own WWII sub, it's because we built 'em

whoa neat, did you build them for the axis or allies?