Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ineptitude
Mar 2, 2010

Heed my words and become a master of the Heart (of Thorns).

Nuebot posted:

buy more crafting materials.

Absolutely do not do this.

Buy the sacks of gold for 35 points

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

The developer of Brigador is a secret chud, don't give him money

Ineptitude posted:

Absolutely do not do this.

Buy the sacks of gold for 35 points

Is that the better deal? I figured the sacks would be good because I need materials for legendary runes. I only wasted like 80 points on them so that's not much wasted, like two day's worth of dailies. I can't wait for it to reset and I can buy all this poo poo all over again.

..btt
Mar 26, 2008
https://fast.farming-community.eu/conversions/astral-acclaim

(yes, the unlimited gold is a good deal more valuable than the unlimited crafting materials)

whydirt
Apr 18, 2001

Gaz Posting Brigade :c00lbert:
In general anything that gives T3, T4, or T6 material bags is a good deal and you can skip the other tiers for better options.

..btt
Mar 26, 2008
T6 bags are worth about half of T3/T4 bags. T6 materials are worth a lot, but you don't get many in the T6 bag.

Catgirl Al Capone
Dec 15, 2007

the T6 bags are worth it but the T5 bags are completely pointless, way overpriced.

if you haven't gotten them the build tabs are technically completely unnecessary but sometimes it's nice to be able to just swap to a tab instead of changing each trait individually. the side menu storage is mostly for situational things you aren't using enough to warrant taking up a slot but might want to have ready so you can swap quickly, i have a handkite build there for deimos and the build i swap it for so i can swap back. i don't keep anything else there so i don't expand it but if you ever want to there's an upgrade for it in the vault, i don't think that one's worth it but that's subjective to your personal QOL.

FishBowlRobot
Mar 21, 2006

Think I’m also about to the point where I can just convert all my Astral Acclaim to that sweet, sweet gold.

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

I've been leveling my ranger

It's pretty chill!

whydirt
Apr 18, 2001

T6 mat bag were closer to 80%-90% of T3/T4 a month or so ago (assuming from people making G1 legendary weapons from the vault precursors). So if you need any I’d get them now since they’ll likely spike up more during the next vault reset.

DoNotFeedTheBear
Sep 13, 2007
Just need to run the weekly rifts later and then I'll finally be done with the obby armours. Can't loving wait to never do a rift again.

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

Finally finished with the living world season 1 content and on to HoT's story.

I feel like braham and crew were punishment for not liking the NPCs in the base story enough.

Cool Dad
Jun 15, 2007

It is always Friday night, motherfuckers

Nuebot posted:

Finally finished with the living world season 1 content and on to HoT's story.

I feel like braham and crew were punishment for not liking the NPCs in the base story enough.

I played through the whole story for the first time a month or so ago (my account is 11 years old). The crew really grew on me over time. One of my big complaints about SotO is that they dumpstered all of them and gave you a boring collection of new characters.

where the red fern gropes
Aug 24, 2011

Cool Dad posted:

I played through the whole story for the first time a month or so ago (my account is 11 years old). The crew really grew on me over time. One of my big complaints about SotO is that they dumpstered all of them and gave you a boring collection of new characters.

the bigger complaint is that the interesting new characters all get murked and the ones that survive have all interesting aspects removed in chapter 11 onwards

Mr. Neutron
Sep 15, 2012

~I'M THE BEST~
I wish I had any use for gold :negative:

tarbrush
Feb 7, 2011

ALL ABOARD THE SCOTLAND HYPE TRAIN!

CHOO CHOO
Have you bought the "I have too much gold" title?

Mr. Neutron
Sep 15, 2012

~I'M THE BEST~
Guess I should've added 'practical'.

Maybe they'll add some sort of goldsink in the next expansion. Speaking of, they really could reveal at least the name.

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

Give me your gold, that's practical.

I'm finally looking into legendary poo poo again now that I have an amazing 300 gold and man, as much as I'd like to make a weapon to sell for profit; gifts of exploration and battle look to be painfully time consuming to get and I don't like wvw.

ptroll
Sep 8, 2011

Mr. Neutron posted:

Guess I should've added 'practical'.

Maybe they'll add some sort of goldsink in the next expansion. Speaking of, they really could reveal at least the name.

They added a really good gold sink in 2020!

binge crotching
Apr 2, 2010

Nuebot posted:

Give me your gold, that's practical.

I'm finally looking into legendary poo poo again now that I have an amazing 300 gold and man, as much as I'd like to make a weapon to sell for profit; gifts of exploration and battle look to be painfully time consuming to get and I don't like wvw.

The exploration isn't that bad, I ended up doing it basically by accident on one of my characters (at some point I noticed I was at 93% and decided to just finish it). The wvw gifts I'll probably never get though, it sucks that there is no other way to buy them. And I guess I need to do fractals too for that part.

I have that legendary starter kit just sitting there staring at me, taunting me.

Hello Sailor
May 3, 2006

we're all mad here

You can knock out a WvW reward track in a few hours. Pop an experience booster and follow the zerg around.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Hello Sailor posted:

You can knock out a WvW reward track in a few hours. Pop an experience booster and follow the zerg around.

You can even just flip camps if you want to chill and watch a movie.

jokes
Dec 20, 2012

Uh... Kupo?

If I had a lot of gold all I would do with it is buy a bunch of transmutation shards.

Saraiguma
Oct 2, 2014

Mr. Neutron posted:

I wish I had any use for gold :negative:

buy the destroyer weapon set, that'll solve your problem. jormag too

nesamdoom
Apr 15, 2018
Probation
Can't post for 3 days!

jokes posted:

If I had a lot of gold all I would do with it is buy a bunch of transmutation shards.

Why? I've got transmutations raining on me to where I can't even use them.

E:username might have went over my head.

jokes
Dec 20, 2012

Uh... Kupo?

I absolutely am not joking I need the shards, man.

How did you get so many?

nesamdoom
Apr 15, 2018
Probation
Can't post for 3 days!
I honestly don't know. I don't change stuff on anyone much. I use skins when I can. Everyone is pretty much black, white, and blood. It just never costs to change things for me.

maybe I got a bunch from events or chests.

Saraiguma
Oct 2, 2014

jokes posted:

I absolutely am not joking I need the shards, man.

How did you get so many?

spvp and wvw both drown you in transmutation charges

Degs
Mar 2, 2014

People in gchat are still surprised when Goon Strikes come up, trying to make sure everyone interested in aware: Mondays (Tuesday morning for our south Pacific friends) after reset Leyline Anom we're doing the weekly strikes in one go.

Both SOTO strikes, 4/5 EOD strikes, 4 IBS strikes for the four-Hum IBS chest. We cut off at an hour and a half. That's 8:30 pm to 10:00 pm EST. It's been very successful and most everyone who started it had never done GW2 group content before.

The longest part about any group content is getting people in and out of group, so there is a signup sheet to make setup faster (and to call dibs on roles).

This coming week, assuming OLC isn't the daily, we'll be doing HT for our first time as a group. Fun fight, strong recommend. Come get your green and blue strike shards and your tier 3 jade bot modules.

Additionally, just about every day Praxol is running the daily SOTO strike after Leyline Anom. Green shards! Join it!

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy

Saraiguma posted:

spvp and wvw both drown you in transmutation charges

you start with this, get a good several hundred stocked up

then you start building legendaries, and those are free to paint over however many times you want

never spend gold on transmutation charges

whydirt
Apr 18, 2001

Map completion of cities always gives a transmutation charge and they're pretty quick, especially with mounts. They're a nice option if you're newer.

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

So going through the story, mechanically speaking the biggest difference I feel from the base game, to LW Season 1, through 2 straight to HoT is how much more stun, knockdown and interrupt there is. It kind of starts in season one and just never stops, when in the base game that kind of stuff was more of a gimmick specific enemies and bosses used, in season one and beyond it's everywhere.

Catgirl Al Capone
Dec 15, 2007

you get a decent taste of that in orr but yeah whenever doing solo stuff anywhere considered endgame you'd better be packing stun break or stability or you'll have a bad time

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

I've only briefly gone through the Living World part 1 on my guardian but it felt like everything was taking forever to die, or maybe I'm just a bad Guardian I don't know

Meowywitch fucked around with this message at 18:13 on Apr 23, 2024

jokes
Dec 20, 2012

Uh... Kupo?

Always bring some form of self-might for open-world, imho. One of the reasons cele herald is so brain-dead simple and good is because you can just push a button and have like 20 might up at all times, while still running a net positive energy.

Each stack of might is 30 power, and a berserker's chest piece gives you +130 power, which is roughly 4 stacks of strength. A full stack of 25 might (+750 power & +750 condition damage) is basically like wearing an additional full set of berserker's, and also an additional full set of sinister with regards to power/condition damage.

If you're at all doing things that have both strike damage and condition damage, which is basically every condi build for guardian, you'll benefit from the +power and the +condi, which is significant. For example guardian torch 4/5 scales bigly with both.

jokes fucked around with this message at 18:14 on Apr 23, 2024

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

Catgirl Al Capone posted:

you get a decent taste of that in orr but yeah whenever doing solo stuff anywhere considered endgame you'd better be packing stun break or stability or you'll have a bad time

Orr could be rough about it but not this bad, it feels like every champion in Season 1 is basically just spamming some kind of stun or interrupt non-stop and can't be CC'd at all. There are so many fights where getting hit once means getting bounced into another bounce into another explosion that bounces you into a third or some poo poo.

nesamdoom
Apr 15, 2018
Probation
Can't post for 3 days!

Nuebot posted:

Orr could be rough about it but not this bad, it feels like every champion in Season 1 is basically just spamming some kind of stun or interrupt non-stop and can't be CC'd at all. There are so many fights where getting hit once means getting bounced into another bounce into another explosion that bounces you into a third or some poo poo.

I think it was Season 4 where I got the feeling I was spending more time standing back up than fighting some of the bosses. At some point you'll get used to it or figure out how to avoid it... or, like me, just space out and let it happen.

Mercurius
May 4, 2004

Amp it up.

Nuebot posted:

This continues through Season 2 into Heart of Thorns and starts to taper off a bit in Season 3 because everyone told them how stupid it was and they finally listened after a leadership change. It never completely goes away but it's certainly a lot less prevalent in later content.

whydirt
Apr 18, 2001

Living World Season 2 is definitely a low point in PvE design.

Catgirl Al Capone
Dec 15, 2007

the lw2 bosses hit a terrible point in design where they're somewhat complex but extremely bad at communicating what they're doing and how you can manage it. i did not understand them at all until i wiped/failed countless times doing the achievements for the legendary amulet

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Guest2553
Aug 3, 2012

The rub of it is that I don't even like the luminescent skins :smith:

I do use the title tho