Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

tarbrush
Feb 7, 2011

ALL ABOARD THE SCOTLAND HYPE TRAIN!

CHOO CHOO
I can't get the whole luminescent set because I can't do some of the harder ls2 cheevs, and some of them are bugged

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

whydirt
Apr 18, 2001

Gaz Posting Brigade :c00lbert:
Full luminescent was the “stack a billion vanity infusions” fashion meta before HoT launched

Catgirl Al Capone
Dec 15, 2007

it would be nice if luminescent glowed a more neutral color, it's a pain finding dyes that look good

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

The developer of Brigador is a secret chud, don't give him money
Did WVW with some friends today, got my first gift of battle then realized how much faster this would be if I had a warclaw so now I'm doing that. It wasn't as bad as I expected but it did still take like five+ hours.

Sangfirre
Sep 14, 2012
Are there any recwnt or current guides online for learning wvw as a commander? When I tag up I struggle to herd the zerg around and do anything meaningful.

jokes
Dec 20, 2012

Uh... Kupo?

whydirt posted:

Full luminescent was the “stack a billion vanity infusions” fashion meta before HoT launched

I am upset the infusions are the best source of cele stat distributions. I usually just mix berserkers augments with viper's augments and call it a day.

jokes fucked around with this message at 01:14 on Apr 27, 2024

whydirt
Apr 18, 2001

Sangfirre posted:

Are there any recwnt or current guides online for learning wvw as a commander? When I tag up I struggle to herd the zerg around and do anything meaningful.

My strat (for borderlands, I don’t do much on EBG) is to tag up while doing stuff I can do solo, like flipping a camp or catapulting an unguarded tower. As more people join up, either officially in the squad or just clouding, I move on to bigger targets. Link each new target in map chat so people can meet you there if not already part of your group.

Guest2553
Aug 3, 2012

jokes posted:

I am upset the infusions are the best source of cele stat distributions. I usually just mix berserkers augments with viper's augments and call it a day.

I really hope the next xpac introduces some qol changes for infusions and agony resistance.

Sakco
Jun 6, 2009

Sangfirre posted:

Sheff has a commander playlist you might find useful - https://m.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLQ2vMSIk0V_MxlCTFCF-DJ9-cPyNavE-I

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

The soto skyscale is stupidly easy to get. I skipped ahead on one of my tertiary characters to get weapon mastery and decided to pick it up, and already I just need to grab the saddle stuff.

Sangfirre
Sep 14, 2012

whydirt posted:

My strat (for borderlands, I don’t do much on EBG) is to tag up while doing stuff I can do solo, like flipping a camp or catapulting an unguarded tower. As more people join up, either officially in the squad or just clouding, I move on to bigger targets. Link each new target in map chat so people can meet you there if not already part of your group.

Sakco posted:

Sheff has a commander playlist you might find useful - https://m.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLQ2vMSIk0V_MxlCTFCF-DJ9-cPyNavE-I

Thank you both! My server is currently linked with Maguuma so I look forward to trying this out more.

whydirt
Apr 18, 2001

Oh also if you’re gonna tag up please pack guild rams and catapults and assume you’ll be the only person laying down siege. Only use superior if you have such a large zerg that the 50 cost instead of 40 is meaningless.

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

So I've reached the point in my scyscale collections where I need a ton of static charges and stardust, is there any particularly good way to get them? I need to grind a bunch of mastery to unlock the ability to gather stardust and it only seems to trickle in slowly from the events I've done that reward it. But maybe I'm just missing specific events that reward a lot of these because I'm not familiar with the soto zones at all yet.

where the red fern gropes
Aug 24, 2011

Nuebot posted:

So I've reached the point in my scyscale collections where I need a ton of static charges and stardust, is there any particularly good way to get them? I need to grind a bunch of mastery to unlock the ability to gather stardust and it only seems to trickle in slowly from the events I've done that reward it. But maybe I'm just missing specific events that reward a lot of these because I'm not familiar with the soto zones at all yet.

fly through orange balls and it will accumulate, 100 a day

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

Thanks, I had no clue they gave out stuff. I'll get on that before the daily reset for sure! Combine that with the slow income from events and it'll only be like a day or two before I get all I need.

Humerus
Jul 7, 2009

Rule of acquisition #111:
Treat people in your debt like family...exploit them.

If you have the mastery for opening the arcane chests they all have some too. I know when I was flying around for those to get unusual coins it added up fast.

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

Also is there any way to turn off the NPCs constantly chattering in your ear in the soto areas

EDIT: So how do I get good at vindicator? I've been playing mine more and I feel like I just don't get it. I've realized red is the offensive one and blue is the support one but I still feel like neither heals especially well and I have like no survivability or damage in my celestials even compared to my engineer.

Nuebot fucked around with this message at 08:21 on Apr 29, 2024

Xerophyte
Mar 17, 2008

This space intentionally left blank

Nuebot posted:

EDIT: So how do I get good at vindicator? I've been playing mine more and I feel like I just don't get it. I've realized red is the offensive one and blue is the support one but I still feel like neither heals especially well and I have like no survivability or damage in my celestials even compared to my engineer.

I am not in any way a GW2 expert but I've been puttering around over the last few months to see what's happened since 2012 and I made a Revenant. After some false starts doing things I didn't enjoy I ended up following Lord Hizen's stuff which was mentioned in the thread a couple months back. He seems to be the only person who publishes builds specifically for being a tanky bastard doing stupid solo stuff. The builds -- I've tried the Celestial Renegade and Tempest ones, specifically -- have been simple and straightforward, even though they're distributed through the annoying gamer mediums of meme-stuffed youtube videos and a discord server by a guy who solos strike missions.

His Vindicator build (also the very similar Renegade one that I'm actually playing) just runs Corruption + Salvation to stack passive healing. Resilient Spirit, Regeneration and Fiendish Tenacity combined put you fairly close to immortality. Sit on Mace/Axe unless you need the bow range or extra defiance break, swap Legends on CD, use the elite aura in Demon and I guess for Vindicator hit Energy Meld and Scavenger Burst in Alliance (Renegade does Heroic Command and Icerazor into Darkrazor or Razorclaw).

I'm not sure that running an open world facetank build is me getting good, exactly, but my damage has been better than I could manage while trying and frequently failing to stay alive trying to play a viper dps build. It's certainly been more effective and less annoying than trying to make Invocation and Charged Mists do anything useful for me in open world.

whydirt
Apr 18, 2001

Celestial Vindicator is one of the top solo classes for open world so if you’re dying it’s either your traits or how you’re playing it. You can camp red stance 99% of the time, only dipping into blue if things have gone really bad.

Edit:If you're using the salvation traitline for healing when you dodge, condi cleanse when you dodge, and barrier every couple seconds from your boons you'll rarely need to use your active heal.

whydirt fucked around with this message at 23:55 on Apr 29, 2024

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

Xerophyte posted:

I am not in any way a GW2 expert but I've been puttering around over the last few months to see what's happened since 2012 and I made a Revenant. After some false starts doing things I didn't enjoy I ended up following Lord Hizen's stuff which was mentioned in the thread a couple months back. He seems to be the only person who publishes builds specifically for being a tanky bastard doing stupid solo stuff. The builds -- I've tried the Celestial Renegade and Tempest ones, specifically -- have been simple and straightforward, even though they're distributed through the annoying gamer mediums of meme-stuffed youtube videos and a discord server by a guy who solos strike missions.

His Vindicator build (also the very similar Renegade one that I'm actually playing) just runs Corruption + Salvation to stack passive healing. Resilient Spirit, Regeneration and Fiendish Tenacity combined put you fairly close to immortality. Sit on Mace/Axe unless you need the bow range or extra defiance break, swap Legends on CD, use the elite aura in Demon and I guess for Vindicator hit Energy Meld and Scavenger Burst in Alliance (Renegade does Heroic Command and Icerazor into Darkrazor or Razorclaw).

I'm not sure that running an open world facetank build is me getting good, exactly, but my damage has been better than I could manage while trying and frequently failing to stay alive trying to play a viper dps build. It's certainly been more effective and less annoying than trying to make Invocation and Charged Mists do anything useful for me in open world.

I'll check what traits I have, it's probably that if my performance is so vastly different.

whydirt posted:

Celestial Vindicator is one of the top solo classes for open world so if you’re dying it’s either your traits or how you’re playing it. You can camp red stance 99% of the time, only dipping into blue if things have gone really bad.

Edit:If you're using the salvation traitline for healing when you dodge, condi cleanse when you dodge, and barrier every couple seconds from your boons you'll rarely need to use your active heal.

I'm also probably playing it wrong but have no clue what I'm doing wrong, it's fine for trash but the instant like an elite comes out they just hit me for most of my HP and I can't heal for beans and die.

whydirt
Apr 18, 2001

If you’re getting knocked around by tougher enemies, Reaver’s Rage on the red stance will break your stun as well as daze nearby enemies (this will interrupt any enemy without a break bar). It also provides stability to prevent you from getting stun locked. It’s an amazing skill and only has a 10s cooldown.

It’s great both proactively and reactively.

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

Oh I didn't realize it stunned enemies too, that's really good. I've been using it as my panic button when I get stunned so I don't use it that much.

EDIT: It was a talent issue, I tweaked mine and now and have stopped dying and it's been good.

Nuebot fucked around with this message at 08:52 on Apr 30, 2024

DoNotFeedTheBear
Sep 13, 2007
Cele Vindicator is not 'optimal' in the sense that it can take you longer to kill things than other builds, but if played properly you shouldn't die. Basically ever. I'm trying to think when I've ever used the heal skill on it. I must've during the mushroom queen I guess?

Catgirl Al Capone
Dec 15, 2007

red heal can be a good amount of might but with the traits that build has you probably don't need that at all

Swing State Victim
Nov 8, 2012
Misread the last page.

Swing State Victim fucked around with this message at 07:23 on May 1, 2024

jokes
Dec 20, 2012

Uh... Kupo?

DoNotFeedTheBear posted:

Cele Vindicator is not 'optimal' in the sense that it can take you longer to kill things than other builds, but if played properly you shouldn't die. Basically ever. I'm trying to think when I've ever used the heal skill on it. I must've during the mushroom queen I guess?

Cele Vindicator is extremely hard to die, but Cele Herald is my go-to for "nobody around me should die and also they should be extra powerful at all times"

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

I didn't realize the skyscale needed charged quartz until too late. So, uh, 9 more days until I get my skyscale I guess. That'll teach me not to read. It's really funny to me just how fast the mastery grind is in general, the longest part is getting enough mastery points!

nesamdoom
Apr 15, 2018
Probation
Can't post for 3 days!

Nuebot posted:

I didn't realize the skyscale needed charged quartz until too late. So, uh, 9 more days until I get my skyscale I guess. That'll teach me not to read. It's really funny to me just how fast the mastery grind is in general, the longest part is getting enough mastery points!

I lucked out hard on the SoTo skyscale thing. The most effort ended up being porting around to get random things. I honestly can't remember much about charged quartz other than there's a node in my home and I've been to a few spots where I guess a place of power will do it. I must have had them banked already since I don't even know what they do.

Compared to the griffon in PoF(never did skyscale that way) the SoTo route to a flying mount is just a dream come true. I'll keep using my griffons because they are very good dudes, but the work to get it was not fun. I guess I also did griffon very early into starting to play the game, so maybe that's part of it.

Anyways, Nuebot, I wanted to say that your posting reminds me that I love learning and doing new stuff in GW2 and reminds me to go play. So, off I gently caress to do so.

MajorBonnet
May 28, 2009

How did I get here?

Nuebot posted:

If you'd rather not wait, you can send me the raw quartz and ectos and I'll send you back the skyscale treats. I've got plenty of quartz already charged.

FishBowlRobot
Mar 21, 2006

Re: charged quartz - is that the only reason for getting the Krait Obelisk in your home instance?

MajorBonnet
May 28, 2009

How did I get here?

FishBowlRobot posted:

Re: charged quartz - is that the only reason for getting the Krait Obelisk in your home instance?

Pretty much. It's an easy, free hero point for any new characters as well.

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

MajorBonnet posted:

If you'd rather not wait, you can send me the raw quartz and ectos and I'll send you back the skyscale treats. I've got plenty of quartz already charged.

I'll wait out the days, I might get lucky and mine up some charged quartz from my quartz node to shorten it. It's not like a skyscale will really change my life that much, honestly, the springer is by far my favorite mount so far. Only way I'll stop using it is if they bring back that moth skin for the skyscale at a huge discount. But even then, if there's a sale on those fat bird skins for the springer it might be a tight choice.

FishBowlRobot posted:

It looks cool, too.

FishBowlRobot
Mar 21, 2006

MajorBonnet posted:

Pretty much. It's an easy, free hero point for any new characters as well.

Does it count as 1 point? Or 10 like the expansion hero challenges?

orcane
Jun 13, 2012

Fun Shoe
only one

FishBowlRobot
Mar 21, 2006

orcane posted:

only one

:lmao:

orcane
Jun 13, 2012

Fun Shoe
Unless I got the timeline wrong that was added to the game during LS1, years before HoT added the 10 point challenges.

jokes
Dec 20, 2012

Uh... Kupo?

I felt the best HP for charging poo poo was the HP from shaemoor. I think there's a WP like 20 yards away from it.

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

Are there any ways to get stabilizing matricies without doing fractals? My friends don't run them all that often and I'm apparently going to need a lot for legendary stuff, I thought it was just wvw materials but also fractals apparently.

Guest2553
Aug 3, 2012

No, other than buying the matrices outright.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

nesamdoom
Apr 15, 2018
Probation
Can't post for 3 days!

Nuebot posted:

Are there any ways to get stabilizing matricies without doing fractals? My friends don't run them all that often and I'm apparently going to need a lot for legendary stuff, I thought it was just wvw materials but also fractals apparently.

I don't remember needing them, but I might have made the 2 I have and they didn't need them.

as far as getting them, I really dig fractals, more than just doing dailies. I could run with you pretty much anytime or if you have a schedule I could pop on. t3-4 are lots of fun and if you have a lfg then people jump in pretty fast since normally people don't lfg them.

I suppose as a side thing, would people be into fractal runs like hour after reset? I could do them for a few hours most days and don't mind redoing most of them multiple times. I think Goonette is done by then and just want to see if people are into a night session to kick fractals and chill regularly. I've done a bunch of goon fractal groups and it's always a good time.