Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tambaloneus
Feb 5, 2007

I miss my cat someone buy me a kitten.

Will there be another of those supply drop whatsits for the anniversary?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tambaloneus
Feb 5, 2007

This is probably a stupid question but - I have the gift of mastery, the precursor and the recipes for two other gifts but I can't find the overall 'Legendary' recipe or whatever list of 'this is what you need to dump in the forge' in game. I have the wiki but nothing in game so I can track it - am I missing something? First ever legendary I figure I should do something with the pile of world completion thingies.

Tambaloneus
Feb 5, 2007

Flytitle posted:

Goes into the Gift of Mastery--if you have one, you already spent one of the two you get per completion.

Yeh I have a full pile of those things, I like doing map completions for the transmutes & occasional keys. I had never made a legendary before but have finally completed gift of battle reward track and had a small pile of clovers from back when coins were worth less than throwing them into the forge for the chance at lvl 6 mats and doing drizzlewood a bunch gave me more & stacks of wood etc. So I figured I'd start one but the only guide I have is the wiki so I wondered if there was some NPC somewhere who'd give me something that would track it. I found the collection for the precursor but I already have the precursor.

Tambaloneus
Feb 5, 2007

Good to know I'm not missing something super obvious - cheers!

Tambaloneus
Feb 5, 2007

I have the rewinder, runecrafter bot & portal scrolls in mine (usually swapping out whatever portals I'm using most). Sometimes dump in whatever stack of utility I get out of chests once I have enough for it to be useful (like those bank access or trader access whatsits). If I end up with another one I'll use it to dump those mordrem plant extractor things in it because i never ever remember to take the fkn things out the bank before i go do silverwastes.

Tambaloneus
Feb 5, 2007

Are there any other bosses that drop cash gold? I didn't know teq did, so if I add that to my rotation with dailies & dragonstorm I'd be up to 6 a day. I'm at the point in the legendary crafting process where I'm scrounging for the stacks of t6 that I need, and farming them is way more boring than doing events and potentially getting other stuff from the rewards too. Oh when I think about how many t6 I have sold in the past for gems. Anyway I'm halfway there on most of the stacks but those 4 gold a day come in handy.

Also if you see me in wvw feel free to smoke my rear end I'm literally only there for the reward track that gives dungeon tokens, I couldn't care less how often I get wrecked. Get some easy points.

Tambaloneus
Feb 5, 2007

Oh I'm upconverting every t5 I can, I had tonnes of dust handy due to having shitonnes of ectos from salvaging everything because selling it is two more clicks and I am lazy. So far I haven't had to buy too much t6 outright, been getting the trophy shipment things on the l4 maps and suchlike. Its just those last fifty or so of each really. And the bloody leather, although at least I can upcycle that too (in 250 bit lots) Plus the bunch I got from making the clovers and various other 'free' options. I didn't have an of the once off crafting bags either so all those added up.

People tell me it's possible to get anything other than a rusty spoon outta teq but I've yet to see that happen to me ever. They'll introduce a screenshot taking home instance studio before anything good drops for me outta teq.

Tambaloneus
Feb 5, 2007

Here you go have a giant jade coloured wave

Spat outta midjourney on a whim (was trying for a storm in shades of dark green and tried jade to see how it looks) figured it looked a bit 'jade sea' ish & figured it could work as fanart of a sort. I then tried to do any of the dragons without much success I can never quite get the number of eyes or faces or even heads right. I'll keep trying.

Tambaloneus
Feb 5, 2007

Ra Ra Rasputin posted:

Another gold making tip, if you've done EoD to get your jade bot, install one of these
https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Scavenger_Protocol:_Magic_Trophies
It'll be a constant trickle of income as you play and you'll eventually notice you got 250 unopened bags in your inventory full of mats, including T6.

The only downside to it is you'll get the occasional chat message that you found something... 250 times.

Woah, thanks!! I had entirely and completely forgotten the bot was even a thing, it's great!

So much stuff, yes! Shinies!

Tambaloneus
Feb 5, 2007

Ra Ra Rasputin posted:

Have some stable diffusion pictures I decided to do after seeing that.
*long list of awesomeness*

Ooh those are awesome! I love them!

Tambaloneus
Feb 5, 2007

It might be they are trained on images/art produced by people who went to art school - so the output is loaded to be good in at least the engine I'm using. People who know more about these things can probably comment better than me. I am just happy going 'ooh' at the pretty colours it makes.

Tambaloneus
Feb 5, 2007

trunkh posted:

Dumb question, but how many dailies are there for what content?

If I can only get 1 done a day I rather the one with the best gold return

The 'main' daily you do any 3 of the ones listed and you'll get 2 gold regardless. The others I am not sure about sorry. Edit: If you have a reward track that you really want the WvW dailies are useful the chests you get for each one sometimes (possibly always) have reward track potions in them. Handy for getting those done if you have one you're keen to get finished.

Also I know GW3 is unlikely any time soon but it'd be nice if there was a way to get a look at some of the maps after we've 'saved' them. Orr for example would be an amazing historical ruin to explore once free of zombies but since all the maps are stuck in the time loop we never get to see.

Here a MidJourney version of some Orr style ruins I managed to conjure.

Tambaloneus
Feb 5, 2007

Alternate universe version where the Charr won the vote and the whole place is one giant rusty metal clusterfuck. Was there ever concept art of the 'losing' vote's potential LA?

Tambaloneus
Feb 5, 2007

cyclical posted:

The End of Dragons dailies are worth taking a look at; for the 'Wandering Cantha' achievement you gotta do them fifteen times (not in a row) and the achievement rewards you with the choice between some very nice skins. The EoD dailies are usually things like 'catch four fish in <location>', 'kill x of y in <location>', 'do a heart', 'do events', that sort of thing. Not hard at all.

Oh no way, I didn't see this before now I gotta go get that lamplighters torch it's adorable!

Tambaloneus
Feb 5, 2007

So after scraping together every single last coin I could to get the final materials I needed for Kudzu, I finally crafted it and went about putting it on all the alts I had who had the longbow equipped. I figured I'd dump the soulbound exotics in the toilet to get a sell-able thing to get even enough money to waypoint places again. It dropped Spark. I couldn't afford to sell it.

I cannot with the bonkers luck whiplash in this game sometimes. I had to use the world boss portal for like hours to grind even enough stuff to sell the bugger. Geesh.

Tambaloneus
Feb 5, 2007

Was there some command or something you could type or some option where you could see what the song was that's currently playing or am I going mad? (or maybe thinking of another game entirely).

Tambaloneus
Feb 5, 2007

Could be, I could have sworn there was some way to see but entirely possible Im thinking of another game. Someone was asking about it in map chat earlier and I could have sworn there was somewhere you could see what song was playing on the map.

Tambaloneus
Feb 5, 2007

I don't think I've ever put all my alts in one place. Here's my entire Sylvari Army + 2 norn, 2 human and 2 asura. That one purple ele weaver is the one with the most map/story completion. It can be done! Also while asura daredevil is hilarious solo - in a zerg i have no loving idea where she is ever.

Tambaloneus
Feb 5, 2007

Babe Magnet posted:

i too like plants

Love this look what's the head armour for this one?

Tambaloneus
Feb 5, 2007

I'm going to be begging them for a photo mode (a real one) or some kind of home instance photo studio up until the second the pull they plug on the last server.

Tambaloneus
Feb 5, 2007

I think if I were to change anything it would be to choose an elite (if you own them) right from the start, even if all you get is the core mechanic. I got to level 80 and specced into the new thief and I had absolutely NO idea what I was doing or how any of it worked. I ended up in the baby zones just trying to get the hang of it. Since some of the elites change the entire way the class works I think it'd be great if you could slowly work your way up and get used to each new skill slowly like you do with the core classes. Even if it locks you into that one only as you level or something, it'd be a better way to learn that mechanic rather than learn a sort of similar one then be left going "wait I have shroud now what the hey?! how does it work? what's this purple bar mean??"

Still what's great is that noodling about in the starter zones still has a use in materials gathering & the chance of a key. Plus ppl get to laugh hysterically as I die to a mosquito while flailing around trying to work out what the smack I'm doing. Then get real and proper annoyed when I one hit kill a boss because I had NO idea how hard this thing can hit, sorry level 5 dood trying to kill an event vet I did not think that one skill would lay the everloving kickass smack down and I honestly have no idea of which button I just pressed that did it.

New thief is fun tho, I don't know why it took me so long to make one. Off to the next starter zone. Still no idea what the purple bar is. I presume how much shroud, like the necro?

Tambaloneus
Feb 5, 2007

Also once you get through the POF story, there's an extra mastery for the skimmer that lets it dive underwater & you can mount underwater (and if it hasn't changed) I think there's an extra collection you can do to find some NPC to unlock it. Or something like that. It'll be on the wiki. I remember it not being too hard or all that long. It's awesome because it makes getting down to poi's & skill points underwater (like in Orr) so much easier.

Tambaloneus
Feb 5, 2007

fast cars loose anus posted:

I'm playing this for literally a first time ever and I have just one question for now because I dont really wanna get bogged down in details:

is it possible for me to gently caress up my hero point distribution badly? Can it be reset if so? Can I just experiment with whatever stuff I want while I level and worry about "optimal" builds later?

I am playing a necromancer if that matters for this question (I am currently gathering as many minions as I can because why else would I play a necromancer)

Not really something you need to worry about, there are enough HP points on the map (with expacs) to fill out every tree including the elites. For the base class just getting to level 80 is usually enough to fill them all out with maybe one or two base game maps worth extra (not sure) but you'll have lots spare for the base class if you do a few of the maps even if you never touch the expansions. There isn't any way to reset them though as far as I know.

Edit: Gods I suck at explaining this poo poo, lemme - if you're just on the base game, no expacs and levelling up necro - getting to level 80 should be enough to fill out all your various traits & stuff, with maybe one map more if I'm wrong it's not like you need to do every map or be really careful with points is what I'm trying badly to explain.

Tambaloneus fucked around with this message at 00:30 on Nov 5, 2022

Tambaloneus
Feb 5, 2007

It's probably also worth mentioning that while you'll hear about optimal builds and meta's and all that there's not really any need for it in most of the game. I've gone through all the stories & got map completions on alts that I later realised had like level 50 gear or like missing boots or were just not built with any thought. The harder stuff like higher level fractals and raids and solo-ing the HP points in fkn HoT maps is where you'll begin to worry about gear but all the base stuff stories, map completions etc you can do without needing to be "meta".

But if you wanna keep it casual you can cruise through without giving it too much thought or worry just on the gear you get access to completing story chapters or map events in Orr which give you exotics for karma if you have enough. Exotics on the TP can be pretty cheap too. Plus doing map completion on the level 70-80 & 80 maps give you exotics so you'll get good gear as you go along if you don't have mad money to begin with.

Tambaloneus
Feb 5, 2007

Mr. Neutron posted:

I don't play much roaming but from what I have seen, celestial harbinger really is disgustingly strong.

It's also disgusting, particularly funny when you wander up to rez someone as a walking cloud of disease.
"Maybe don't breathe this in, hon, just hold your breath a few secs."

It should at least poison them a second or two. For laughs. Or is the disease counted as your own pet? I don't really get it tbh, but I have whatever trait it is that gives you barrier for stacks of it so I'm in nasty green cartoon stink cloud mode as much as possible.

Tambaloneus
Feb 5, 2007

My controversial opinion is that the meta is more likely to succeed when everyone's actually playing and not just afk'ing under a waypoint.

Tambaloneus
Feb 5, 2007

Mailer posted:

A group of organized, attentive people playing their hearts out for a meme/stream is going to beat the randos you normally get in DE every time.

The #1 thing I hate about all metas is how lack of a skyscale means you can't follow people to learn it organically, but a very close #2 is that they have these big ending encounters like a strike but aren't repeatable. If five people new to the fight fail to dodge the sniper shot they get told why they failed and you go again. When you fail to kill the dragon at 20% the best feedback you're going to get is people saying something whiny like "gg no cc" in chat before leaving. I still have no clue why vineheart failed the one time I did it because everyone had already left before it actually failed.

Also I'm sure every comment I make is just rehashing a discussion that's been had for the last decade. :v:

I was just having a whinge about the times we couldn't even get half the pre done bc 50% of the map population weren't moving or doing anything at all. If it fails and everyone's doing at least something I'm not mad about that. Agree it's aimed at the mount though I did the meta a couple times without skyscale and gods that was kind of painful, do-able but the worst thing in chat is in any meta is where ppl assume you know all their dumb jargon too. They'll spit an endless stream of shortcut names for places you're supposed to be and I'm usually like "where? where the gently caress is that? do I follow this crowd??" so I just play heal scourge and try to keep ppl alive instead. There's a function in the new pokemon game where if you jump off a cliff you get a 'go back up' option for a few seconds after, would help in quite a few places in gw - particularly where you're in combat and can't mount or use a fkn waypoint.

Tambaloneus
Feb 5, 2007

This is probably an extremely pointless question but is there a cap on the coin you get from drops? I haven't remotely got all the login % increases bc I'm very casual, but wondering if there's a cap. I'm getting 1-2 silver currently, which is pretty nice, but wondering if I'll be reaching a cap soon (or hit it already).

Tambaloneus
Feb 5, 2007

Harrow posted:

The player sylvari's wyld hunt is specifically to kill an Elder Dragon so that one doesn't resolve until the end of the personal story, at least :v:

Am I dreaming or do you get to actually kill the specific one you see in your dream at some point and it's not remotely mentioned the whole time I'm going "Wait isn't this the one? This is the one from the dream right? Or were there more of these? Am I done now? I can retire now right? It wasn't an elder dragon it was just this chump." I always thought it was weird that the dragon in the dream was made of plants and nothing like zhaitan at all. My headcanon is they were thinking about zhaitan coz it was, you know, sending zombies at them so you fighting a dragon they were like oh yeah that's gotta be it and turns out oh wait no you were a shlub who was only meant to go gank a general after all :D Heroes are made, not born and all that.

Tambaloneus
Feb 5, 2007

Yeah, and you get to kill it at some point (or am I going mad?) I always wondered at that point if the story was going to veer into comedy and realise oh poo poo we sent you on all this stuff and all you had to do was wait around for this one after all haha whoops sorry about all the trauma?

Tambaloneus
Feb 5, 2007

Catgirl Al Capone posted:

specifically it's one of mordremoth's minions and its presence retroactively becomes a bit of foreshadowing to what the sylvaris' deal is

Yes and the thing doesn't 'appear' it is lying there dormant while you hack at wolves so in my mind it was foreshadowing not just that modremoth will attack but that there was a connection there the whole time.

Tambaloneus
Feb 5, 2007

I'd just be happy to meet Malyck again. We're never meeting Malyck again are we :(

Tambaloneus
Feb 5, 2007

Goofing around with chatgpt having it make pokemon & eeveelutions and on a whim asked it to come up with bow based ele elite class:

ChatGPT Response:
Stormbow Ranger

The Stormbow Ranger elite specialization for the Elementalist profession focuses on ranged combat and lightning magic. Stormbow Rangers channel the power of the elements through their bow, imbuing their arrows with elemental energy and striking down their enemies from a safe distance.

Weapon: Stormbow

The Stormbow is a longbow that harnesses the power of the elements. Stormbow Rangers can imbue their arrows with different elemental effects depending on their attunement:

Fire Attunement: Arrows become engulfed in flames, dealing extra burning damage and setting enemies on fire.
Water Attunement: Arrows become frozen, dealing extra damage to chilled or frozen enemies and slowing them down.
Air Attunement: Arrows become electrified, dealing extra damage to enemies and stunning them for a short duration.
Earth Attunement: Arrows become infused with earth magic, dealing extra damage and knocking enemies down.
Mechanics: Arcane Shots

Stormbow Rangers use a new mechanic called Arcane Shots, which are powerful magical arrows that have unique effects depending on their type:

Flame Shot: Fires an arrow that explodes on impact, dealing area of effect damage and leaving a fiery ground effect that burns enemies who stand in it.
Ice Shot: Fires an arrow that shatters on impact, dealing area of effect damage and chilling or freezing enemies who are hit.
Lightning Shot: Fires an arrow that chains to nearby enemies, dealing damage and inflicting a short duration of vulnerability.
Stone Shot: Fires an arrow that embeds itself in the ground, creating a small barrier that blocks enemies and projectiles.
Arcane Shots have a cooldown and require a certain amount of initiative to use. Initiative is a new resource that Stormbow Rangers use to power their skills. Stormbow Rangers have a pool of initiative that they can use to perform quick, powerful attacks and maneuvers.

Traits:

Some potential traits for the Stormbow Ranger elite specialization might include:

Arcane Archer: Increases the damage and duration of Arcane Shots, and reduces their initiative cost.
Thundering Strikes: Increases critical strike chance and critical hit damage while wielding a Stormbow and using lightning magic.
Swift Hunter: Increases movement speed and reduces the cooldown of movement skills while wielding a Stormbow.
Elemental Fury: Increases the damage and duration of elemental weapon effects, and reduces the cooldown of weapon attunements.
These are just some ideas for a Stormbow Ranger elite specialization for the Elementalist profession in Guild Wars 2. The actual implementation of an elite specialization would depend on a variety of factors, including balance considerations and the overall design goals of the game.

Tambaloneus
Feb 5, 2007

I got nearly the whole way through aurene's claw before realising you need the final mastery track unlocked to buy one of the things and i have exactly none of the masteries and the only ones left are a bunch of exceedingly tiresome bullshit I just cannot fathom ever doing. It knocked the entire wind of wanting to even do it. I'm this close to dumping all the stuff in my character who has the precursor and deleting it. Gods that's so sad, and I don't suppose they'll ever make more core mastery points anywhere. Oh well. Time for a break.

Tambaloneus
Feb 5, 2007

Guest2553 posted:

One of the tier rewards in the legendary amulet achievement is a gen 3 precursor, in case you haven't done it yet.

Yeah the only reason I even started is I had the dagger and got impatient saving up for the shortbow lmao. I was going to sell the dagger but if its going to be this painful to get I will likely keep it out of I guess sunk cost or something. I have all the easier collections/world bosses/insights ones. They need more of the exploration ones, there's loads on the newer maps. The only ones left are "Find eleventy dozen of this loving thing" or "go kill this thing sixty dozen times" or "hahaha wait you need friends for this and are a loser with none sucks to be you". It wouldn't even be so bad if other ppl could get credit from helping and also get the cheevy but I don't think they do.

Tambaloneus
Feb 5, 2007

Hello Sailor posted:

Anyone know if there's still a daily organized group for Triple Trouble? That's a good source of Tyrian mastery points, IIRC

I have all those but I do know there are still groups running it - they often advertise in LA just before it starts and I see them on map in 3 commtag groups pretty often. I think the only teq one I don't currently have is that blasted "dodge the tail" one that I have no fukn idea what it even means. I should go look that up I guess. Thing is all this poo poo will take weeks and TOTK comes out like saturday so eh, I guess I'll get back into it later when I return from attaching various things to various other things like the elf knockoff of just cause 2. Edit I will probably still login to do dragonstorm because I am somehow of the unshakable belief that one day I will get that loving eye thing despite some seven months of evidence otherwise.

Tambaloneus
Feb 5, 2007

I tried going back for those dumb badges and holy crap is it supposed to be this easy to end up out of bounds from the underground of silverwastes? Because I did it multiple times not even trying.

Somehow I ended up ... to the side of the map? I could just keep going out but got bored and waypointed back.

Trippy swim I found when I got lost again. The "water" triggered the swim animation and the skimmer could glide on it but it wasn't going very fast.

I realise now I think this is the cave where you fight that dragon minion guy in the ls2 story.

Out of bounds lovers should check out the silverwaste jp that's mostly underground bc hot drat "help I'm not in the game any more" happened a lot. I also at one point was on the big pile of falling sand but couldn't move out of it.

i gave up on the badges...

Tambaloneus
Feb 5, 2007

orcane posted:

For badges and other doodad collections I strongly recommend overlays like Blish HUD or GW2 TacO, with achievement marker packs like Tekkit's or the French one I forgot the name of (I think it's linked on the TacO site).

Yeah I think I should probably check that out, I find places where everything looks the same everywhere impossible for my brain to parse. Idk if it's a me thing or an adhd thing or what but I was trying to follow the walkthrough for the JP (which I've also done before) and ended up at the start somehow like twice so clearly I need all the help I can get on that. I did manage to do chalice of tears without it though so maybe I'll break out the ole position rewinder and explore in little chunks so I don't have to keep starting over when I fall out of reality.

Tambaloneus
Feb 5, 2007

orcane posted:

Sorry, no cheating the tedious cheevos in the super boring Dragonstorm instance.

Elder Dragons— this might take a couple rounds. :suicide:

I did all those dodges in the solo version, you can make it last longer than 10min and the stuff that hits you hits a lot less hard and you can actually see the circles you need to be in to dodge the meteors without several hundred other flare effects in the way.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tambaloneus
Feb 5, 2007

Guest2553 posted:

Actually no I won't it's still group content and I'm not good enough to solo it lol

Healer lfg to farm dodging achieves, anyone?

Head to that chapter in the personal story version - sorry I should have been more specific. You can redo that chapter as often as you want but you need to restart it in the story menu (if you've done up to and beyond that fight it'll give you the ability to go direct there from the heli pilot and should let you choose to do the story version). Edit: you should be able to take friends into it even in story mode though.