Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Drone Incognito
Oct 16, 2008

There are no drones here. No way no how.

explosivo posted:

I've been having fun with this so I bought all the expansions because I hate feeling like I'm missing out on good content, lol. I am back on my necro, I don't even think I finished whatever there was to do in vanilla but I figured just picking up at the start of Heart of Thorns isn't a bad idea? It truly is an overwhelming amount of stuff being thrown at me so really trying to focus on A Thing to keep myself busy with while I reacquaint myself with the game again.

Going through in order is the best way, in my opinion.

With the caveat that I played a different character until I got the Springer mount in Path of Fire only because navigating some of the HoT zones without it was a real drag.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Drone Incognito
Oct 16, 2008

Hero Points - you can unlock in any map and then use on any of the unlocked specializations that you have for your class. The later expansions seems better for these because they give you 10 points at a time. I believe vanilla Tyria maps only give 1 each?

Mastery Points - these can only be earned on maps from that specific expansion and then used on their mastery tracks. You'll need to fill up your experience bar by doing events in that expansion's content and then when the bar is full you can spend the mastery points that you found.

Drone Incognito
Oct 16, 2008

Mohawk Potato posted:

So I’m loving greatsword Mesmer and sword pistol Mesmer are those good or am I setting myself up for future disappointments? Also cooking discovery decently fun as I try to hunt down new ingredients.

I've been playing a Mirage in open world with Viper armor. Weapons are Staff and Axe/Pistol.

I've never had more fun. You're almost unkillable and with a little ramp up you tear through things. Plus lots of moving and blinking around.

Drone Incognito
Oct 16, 2008

explosivo posted:

Blech, okay. That stinks but ~$12 worth of gems may be worth it I suppose.

Hopefully it goes on sale for you soon.

It might stink, but LS4 is one of the high points in the story imo. If you spend the money at least you get some good story out of it.

Drone Incognito
Oct 16, 2008

Ra Ra Rasputin posted:

Helpful Gold stuff

This right here is quality and super helpful for us poors trying to save for Griffins.

Drone Incognito
Oct 16, 2008

No way to skip forward but in the later missions they added checkpoints so you don't have to start from scratch.

For what's it's worth I had the same issue with disconnecting and it seemed to get a bit better after I forwarded some ports. Could look into that too.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Drone Incognito
Oct 16, 2008

big cummers ONLY posted:

I'm giving this another shot now that I have a nice gaming PC. This game is very pretty! Is there a class that is piss-easy to play in pve? Preferably a flashy spellcaster but my #1 priority is simplicity of playstyle so I can be stoned and distracted by TV as much as possible. I picked necro because she's a pretty goth mommy but only played for half an hour so far.

Necro is pretty good for zoning out. You can look up Power Reaper for a fairly simple easy to play build that will easily let you get through the game.

Mesmer has a Staff Mirage build that is a bit flashier but requires a bit more attention.