Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Luggage
Aug 29, 2009
Still waiting for Maguuma's population to dip from full to very high so I can use the free transfer newer core accounts apparently have.

That said, game is solid, sales don't happen often enough, content delivery "strategy" is borked. Other than that 5/7 - no reason not to give it a try.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Luggage
Aug 29, 2009

drat Dirty Ape posted:

Ok thanks, I really can't recall the advancement system in the game aside from trying to collect a bunch of hearts or something in each zone to unlock skills.
You essentially have two systems: hero points and mastery points.

Hero points (HP) are per character and spent to unlock actives (skills) and passives (traits) of your profession. They are gained via leveling up (at every odd level starting at 11) and doing hero point activities in the open world (1 per in core Tyria/base game and 10 per in any of the expansions).
Every profession has several skill lines and 5 core trait lines. When you have skilled a trait line, you can activate it and use it's passive effects. You can pick your first at level 21, 2nd at 45 and 3rd at 71. It is generally recommended to fill out one trait line with HP (requires 60) before unlocking the next.
When all base game skills and traits have been "bought" via HP, there are three more, the elite specializations. Each requires 250 HP to unlock and comes with both skills and traits. You can slot one of these as the third trait line, which will basically activate that "subclass". Chosen subclasses and used traits can be changed at almost any time outside of combat, so feel free to experiment. Also, there are more than enough HP to go around to unlock everything. I don't even own EoD yet and have enough HP to fully unlock its new elite spec right away.

Mastery points (MP) are per account and get spent to unlock conveniences like autoloot, new skills, mounts plus mount skills or make certain objects in the game interactable. Once you unlock masteries by playing the first story mission of HoT or PoF, you always have one of several mastery paths selected for each content set. So you have separate masteries for core Tyria/base game, Hot, PoF, EoD and IBS. All XP you gain in each of those respective content sets past level 80 counts towards the selected mastery path. Once it is full (i.e. enough XP has been collected), you use mastery points to permanently unlock that mastery for all characters on your account (yes, even level 2 characters). You can then select a different mastery path or continue in the next tier of the current path. All mastery lines have at least 4 tiers, with each requiring more XP to fill and more mastery points to unlock.
Note 1: the XP is never lost as long as one or more paths haven't been completely filled yet (the XP "spills over" to those). That also means you can switch halfway through filling one up to another or change what you want to go for next whenever you like.
Note 2: once you have all masteries for a content set unlocked, you'll continue gaining XP, but gain a Spirit Shard every 254k XP as a reward. That's a material for crafting, which can also be turned into gold indirectly, if you are not into crafting gear for yourself.

Luggage fucked around with this message at 22:39 on Aug 25, 2022

Luggage
Aug 29, 2009

iGestalt posted:

I'm a little torn on what profession to play. I've never been a fan of Thief in GW2, so what I'd normally end up playing is right out.

Instead I was thinking Warrior, but I can't help but feel it's a bit.. bland? I'm torn on what else I might enjoy - but nothing really appeals. Does Warrior become more engaging at higher levels / more flashy?
Granted, he can make any spec look good, but maybe check out this Bladeswon build and guide by Vallun. He's the resident build crafter at GuildJen.com and also pretty good in PvP/WvW. I reckon his builds contain a lot of thought and it seems he gets something anywhere between decent to OP out of every elite spec.

https://youtu.be/Q9zOed99008

Luggage
Aug 29, 2009

drat Dirty Ape posted:

So are all of the best builds EoD based?

Also, does anybody have a Mesmer build? Looks like I'm a chronomancer.

For Chronomancer you will want to play a Power build. The meta build for group content is on the upper end of difficulty, so a normal all-round Power build should suffice.

https://guildjen.com/chronomancer-open-world-build/

Make sure to also watch the video for advice on how to play the class and best use the class mechanics.

Luggage
Aug 29, 2009
So what's the deal/meme regarding Lord Faren? There are like half a dozen silly minis for him, but I've never encountered him as an in-game character. I get why you would want half-naked Kasmeer, but who is that dude?

Luggage
Aug 29, 2009

Inzombiac posted:

I dropped FF14 because it relies so heavily on rote rotations. It made playing even flashy classes boring.

GW2 I like because your auto attack often does great damage and then your other skills are brought in situationally.

Nothing is more boring to me than having to memorize a string of numbers. That's not a game, that's homework.

May I suggest you never play Chronomancer then? :D

Luggage
Aug 29, 2009

drat Dirty Ape posted:

I guess I did! I have to admit, looking at my inventory and bank is kind of overwhelming. I'll have to read some guides on loot colors and the 1000 seemingly different kinds of currencies in my wallet.

This page may be of help to you then: http://gw.zweistein.cz/gw2stacks/

It requires your API key. The GW2 Wiki has a guide on how to get that/set it up.

Luggage
Aug 29, 2009
I think people wouldn't be as salty about the state of Mech if ArenaNet hadn't, until very recently, nerfed those piano specs or other decidedly not over the top specs without rhyme or reason. Ele got shafted bad repeatedly, Warrior banner changes were called some of the worst class changes in the history of the game, after being hyped up for months as finally bringing Warrior up to the standard of other classes.

Having the logs of a Discord used for Devs and Streamers to talk balance on leaked also didn't help. Not when seeing the "lead balance dev" play favorites towards his pet specs and laugh about players likely being salty in a few weeks time when they see some of the nerfs to other specs he doesn't like nor play. Allegedly changes to Ranger happened based on one of the devs reading the Wiki and not actually playing the game.

Also, MMO players as a faceless mass are idiots and put way too much stock into what's meta. That ship sailed long ago and won't come back. So the only way to bring the Mech and Guardian player numbers back down is to bring them in line with other classes. Either through nerfing them (has implications, e.g. in case of Guardian WvW meta would likely change) or buffing others (different implications like overall power creep).

Luggage fucked around with this message at 09:04 on Aug 29, 2022

Luggage
Aug 29, 2009

Genthil posted:

I'm coming back to this after last playing on and off during 2020 and 2021 (before that was the first two months from launch). So far I've rediscovered how fun the dual-pistol Deadeye build can be, just going Tomb Raider on everyone. :blastu: Reaper still owns as well and I've been enjoying Vindicator too.

Before I stopped playing last time I got 100% world completion on one of my characters, so I figured now I'll start doing WvW stuff to get a Gift of Battle or two and work towards crafting Legendary weapons that require a Gift of Mastery. I haven't decided on what profession/build I'll use for WvW yet, but are there any resources or tips in general for progressing through the reward tracks?

In addition to what was said, try to do the WvW dailies every day. About half can be done solo, others require a squad. Each of those always gets you one or two pots, which give 250 reward track progression on usage. That's about 1.000 extra reward track progress per day. Doing just those for 3 weeks alone nets you enough pots (80) to complete a full mastery track.

Edit: don't do the Warclaw reward track unless you will continue doing WvW after you get your Gift of Battle. If only the Gift is your goal, getting Warclaw first will almost double the time required for the Gift.

Luggage fucked around with this message at 15:14 on Aug 29, 2022

Luggage
Aug 29, 2009
Yeah, commanding gives you one (private squad of 5+) or three (public squad of 10+) extra. You also get one extra if you at least completed the final wooden chests (first tier) the week before. All others are tied to performance of your realm.

If you are in for the mid- to long-term, focusing your buffs and neck infusions towards WXP first might be worth it. Gets you to rank 150 quicker, at which point you gain another permanent pip. All upgrades after that are far away.

WvW is slanted towards veteran players and strong realms like that. A beginner on the weakest realm earns 5 pips every 5 minutes, while a max rank commander of a strong realm can potentially earn 18.

At an optimistic average rate of 30 minutes per rank, a max rank (10000) player has spent at least 5000 hours in WvW though.

Luggage fucked around with this message at 22:41 on Aug 29, 2022

Luggage
Aug 29, 2009

404notfound posted:

Some of these retooled world bosses are a little too spongey. It's good that they don't just fall over in seconds anymore, but now it just feels like 10 straight minutes of doing the same thing over and over

Svanir Shaman? :D

I like what they did with Jungle Worm, didn't notice much of a difference with Shadow Behemoth and it's nice Fire Ele doesn't keel over within 10 seconds now. If I had a gold for every time I did the pre events and then couldn't get a tag onto the boss fast enough...

Luggage
Aug 29, 2009
Regarding mount skins: a new container named "mount skin selection license" or some such surfaced yesterday. It let's you pick one of many mount skins, even some rarer ones like the Starborn ones. Expectation is, that ArenaNet will give each player one of these for free when logging in between tonight and tomorrow night (more like noon-ish in the US). So if you can, try logging in once within the next 24h and grab it from the gemstore.

Luggage
Aug 29, 2009
Also, there's the occasionally Streamer, YTer or fanpage editor, who can write gemstore purchases off as a business expanse. Fashion wars legend KrytanHerald is one of them.

Luggage
Aug 29, 2009
Yeah, same. I don't own any LWS and enjoy WvW. That mount selection thing has a few very shiny Warclaw skins.

Luggage
Aug 29, 2009
Newish accounts often still have a free transfer of their choice. But that seems to be only non-F2P accounts past a certain creation date, so rather strange. Read the reasoning for that once, but I don't remember because the reason cited seemed to me like a non-issue.

That being said, let's hope they get the new WvW system on the way in the coming months. I didn't participate in the last beta, but there were some reports of faulty player/guild assignments and even just map and scoreboard info being straight up wrong. Did any of you participate?

Luggage fucked around with this message at 15:34 on Aug 31, 2022

Luggage
Aug 29, 2009

Tabletops posted:

Was really hoping for a sale! Kinda wild they didn’t do one

They have a four month goodie thing going on with Twitch Prima again. Last time they did that, one of the months was a code for 50% off PoF+HoT bundle. Both subreddit and the Mukluk community pooled unused codes for others to use. I'd wager one of the three unlocks left will be one of those codes again. So if you can wait a little longer, keep an eye on that.

Luggage
Aug 29, 2009
Regarding mount skins: are there any that make Skyscale or Griffon smaller? I always like flying mounts that take up as little screen space as possible, like flying discs or clouds.

Luggage
Aug 29, 2009
There's a guy who posts a daily update for the gemstore additions and soon to be gone sales and items. His update today contained a preview, that there would be a free Black Lion Claim Ticket available for free in the coming days. Those are the items you use to buy weapons of certain gem store sets or Vintage Black Lion Weapon Boxes for older skins.

Link to that thread on the official forums: https://en-forum.guildwars2.com/topic/90-news-gemstore-items-newreturnedsales/page/77/

Luggage
Aug 29, 2009

Hello Sailor posted:

According to the wiki, mount size actually scales with the height slider from character creation. So you could use a makeover kit to set your height and mounts to the smallest size. Assuming you haven't already, since you might also prefer characters that take up minimal screen space

Okay, thanks. Yeah, all my characters always have the height slider all the way down already. Only reason I'd ever go the other way would be for a Charr to function as a soaker in WvW.

Luggage
Aug 29, 2009

Xerol posted:

IDK about skyscale since I've barely even done LS4 but at least in the past year or so I've been hopping off raptor/springer mid-air and transitioning to gliding for getting to vistas etc. with no issues. e: with just the regular mount/dismount button.

Yeah, that must be some LWS or EoD mastery. I only have HoT and PoF (with masteries of both left and no Griffon unlocked) and I can't do that.

Luggage
Aug 29, 2009

drat Dirty Ape posted:

So I have 2x 80 boosts (I guess because the collection gave me 2 collections I didn't have) taking up my shared inventory space. I used one on a thief who I've always wanted to play because all of the elite specs interest me. For a newer player without tons of money which specs would you all recommend for mostly PvE and WvW play? I'm thinking Daredevil or Specter. Deadeye seems like it might be fun in WvW but from what I've read it is underperforming.

GW2Mists.com, one of the main portals for WvW, lists a Daredevil roaming build: https://gw2mists.com/builds/thief/shadowarts-daredevil
Metabattle* also has a Specter Roamer build, which even uses the Celestial gear you got from the boost: https://metabattle.com/wiki/Build:Specter_-_Celestial_Scepter_Roamer

*Builds listed on Metabattle are less curated and ranked by user votes AFAIK, meaning they can be good, but occasionally somebody uploads a stinker and just gets a few friends to upvote it.

Luggage
Aug 29, 2009

404notfound posted:

The boosts give equipment with the "celestial" stat prefix (moderate increase to all stats), so whatever class can make use of that would be a good candidate. Off the top of my head, I believe revenant, elementalist, and maybe guardian can all do reasonably well with that stat set

To build on that, if drat Dirty Ape is interested in WvW, using the second boost on a Guardian and then going Firebrand with a Boonbrand build (main enabling build of zerg play) will give him a char for squad/zerg play. You'll need to get your hands on a staff and mace (Soldier's prefix is dirt cheap and will be sufficient until you get your hands on Minstrel's). But other than that, the Celestial set from the boost is a well balanced set to find out if the class, elite spec and role of WvW support is for you.

Luggage
Aug 29, 2009
I wish there was another way to get your hands on Glyphs for infinite gathering tools other than drop luck from BLCs or buying them at horrendous prices from the TP.
I don't mind G.o.Volatility only paying for itself after 28k+ strikes and G.o.Watchknight after 20k+ strikes, but the upfront cost of (at the time of writing) 650 gold (i.e. $ 40+) for three is intimidating for someone without thousands of hours in the game.

That being said, can someone recommend a cheaper glyph (up to 50ish gold) they found useful for specific ingame farming goals other than "additional gold per strike"? Right now I am eyeing Timekeeper and Scavenger.

Luggage fucked around with this message at 07:56 on Sep 2, 2022

Luggage
Aug 29, 2009

ghost story posted:

If doing your wvw with sfd/some goons is important, keep an eye on transferring as there is no guarantee on when alliances will happen. The last beta was okay. Some odd map loading/seeing wrong names for maps/information on claiming which was really confusing.
Do you know how often the realm status info on GW2Mists is updated. I missed the last time it dipped below "full", because either GW2Mists didn't capture it until after the fact or my mobile browser just didn't reload the page automatically for several days.

Luggage
Aug 29, 2009

CODChimera posted:

is there really no reward for that character adventure guide stuff? not complaining as its one less thing to worry about, but that's kinda surprising
There is: massive amounts of extra XP. Every achievement you finish get's you extra XP.
Volume 1 gets you 18% extra per achievement, i.e. 1 bonus level every 6 achievements or 3 extra for all achievements.
Volumes 2-5 gets you 50% extra per achievement., i.e. 30-35 levels all summed up.
So if you focus on it, you gain half your levels to 80 just from that achievement category.

(Numbers based on the Wiki, but matching my experience with leveling several Revenant 1-25 over the last few weeks to unlock all Mistward collections.)

Luggage fucked around with this message at 09:30 on Sep 3, 2022

Luggage
Aug 29, 2009

Mohawk Potato posted:

So I just hot 80 on my Mesmer I'm still working on finishing my story but this is where i kinda floundered when the game first came out what do I do now? I know there is the living stories and the expos but other then that what should I be doing to gear up?

While you finish your story and before dive into different content, get yourself a set of Exotic gear with Berserker stats from the TP. Don't search for "Berserker" but rather set filters to: level 80-80; attributes: power (this should be the highest value), precision, ferocity; quality: exotic. Get the cheapest items, the are identical in stats, only differ in looks. The armor you want is called Zhed's. The weapons you want are a greatsword, a sword and a pistol as an offhand. A focus as a second offhand if you liked that during leveling. If you can't afford all gear slots right away, get weapons first, then armor, then trinkets (sorted by greatest bang for your buck upgradewise).

As you explore different types of content and stumbled across sources with certain builds and gear sets you may want to try, these two videos are the most up to date regarding getting gear with specific stats:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KdmJXIUgbGg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q7GzKAzRZsI

Luggage fucked around with this message at 10:22 on Sep 4, 2022

Luggage
Aug 29, 2009

Phoix posted:

I've had my Bladesworn living in Dragon's End for 2 weeks now with the same 10 stacks of Dragon's End Contributor and I am convinced he will never get to leave the zone. I've seen Soo-Won once and it timed out because there weren't enough people breaking defiance
Dragon's End groups form up to an hour before the meta starts, but often around 30 minutes before, because commanders want to try and get as many people doing the meta onto the map as possible.

Luggage
Aug 29, 2009
And yet, one of the rewards from.Chest of Loyalty is 6 Tomes of Experience. :dafuq:

Luggage
Aug 29, 2009

Mohawk Potato posted:

Is Trahearne supposed to be this unlikeable cause man he is such a weeny. At least so far.

It's not going to get better. A good portion of the player base hates him as a character. The people who don't hate him often claim he's hated because he "steals the player character's thunder". In reality, he and his arc are just badly written and the reference many people point to when they want to make a case how much the writing of the game has improved over the years.

PS: he's introduced earlier in the personal story for Sylvari characters, but those additional story threads don't pay off until the epilogue of Heart of Thorns.

Luggage fucked around with this message at 23:18 on Sep 4, 2022

Luggage
Aug 29, 2009
It's got something to do with certain Sylvari - mostly first born - following their 'wyld hunt' (i.e. pretentious way to say 'destiny'). It's the sole purpose of their existence and seems to be assigney by avatar tree lady. After they have fulfilled their 'wyld hunt', Sylvari are basically ready for the compost pile. Which is interesting because that means according to the core story Sylvari player characters have been doing bonus laps ever since they defeated Zhaitan.

Yes, the ranks of pact commander and pact marshal are about as easy to tell apart as the 'wyld hunts' of the PC and Trehearne. The player characters was to kill an elder dragon, while tree boy's 'wyld hunt' only was to cleanse Orr of Zhaitan's influence. That's why he stepped back after that level 70 block of personal story missions. That still doesn't make the character any more interesting than watching paint dry though.

Luggage fucked around with this message at 19:06 on Sep 5, 2022

Luggage
Aug 29, 2009

Inzombiac posted:

Sylvari can have multiple Wyld Hunts. It's not something they must do but a calling they hear during their first Dreaming. They are not required to follow it, if they don't want.

Caithe has had two so far.

Well, there you go. I've only played core and HoT story so far and until now it always sounded like, "well, I can die now, my work is done". Caithe's whole motivation during HoT story was completely lost on me (I guess that's where LWS2 comes in) as was the whole shiny egg part. I must have missed how that had anything to do with Mordremoth. But I was wondering why the Wiki listed her as having had two wyld hunts.

Luggage
Aug 29, 2009

stalkTHEground posted:

Been on and off for a decade on this game, Mesmer main the whole time. Is the entire guild on Maguuma or are people spread? I'm trying to unlock my Warclaw mount but I'm on Blackgate. I just have the reward track to go.

For anything but WvW, server doesn't matter. You can join any guild and play with them regardless. For WvW, you need to be on the same server. ArenaNet has been teasing and testing a new system, that will do away with the server association for WvW, but no one knows when that's going to go live. Could be a few months, could be years.

Luggage fucked around with this message at 06:01 on Sep 6, 2022

Luggage
Aug 29, 2009

Kris xK posted:

Long time players break out your crystal ball and put in your tinfoil hat cause I have a vague rear end question :

"Historically, how reactionary are anet nerfs?"

I'm one on the multititude of new steam players currently clogging up your screen with an ugly jade robot. I didn't know engineer was fotm when I picked it but it clearly is. I'm really enjoying it, but I don't want to get super invested in case anet take it out back and shoots it. So in the past, how have their nerfs been generally?

This was the lead dev's statement regarding a "Mechanist too strong" thread on Reddit two days ago:
[...] To address the issue at hand, yes, we're keenly aware of the mechanist incursion. To reference my balance forum post from Aug 18, it certainly seems to be 'dominating the meta'. No details to share today, just wanted to let y'all know we're looking into it.

https://www.reddit.com/r/Guildwars2/comments/x6ph69/comment/in9879t

Luggage
Aug 29, 2009
It would be nice if they could address the Mechanist situation without nerfing it into the ground. On the other hand, I don't see how they would ever do that in a game system where at the other end of the spectrum specs like Condi Untamed, Power Chrono, half of the Ele builds and Alac Axe Mirage exist. They have essentially 27 elite specs (36 if you include core) to account for and unless they specifically target the elite spec skills and traits, there will always be secondary effects. Either to the other elite specs if they touch base class mechanics, skills or traits. Or potentially all other classes if the change how a certain boon or condition works in general

But I think it's not just the OP state of Mech that's driving the 33% of the population number that seems to be a thing now, but also the seemingly (!) desolate state many other elite specs or classes as a whole are in. Mech and Firebrand are basically good to great in all kinds of content except for high sPVP, while others struggle in at least one department. That has got to contribute in the sense of players going "well, clearly ANet doesn't want me to play X, so I guess I'll play Mech now".

Luggage fucked around with this message at 21:35 on Sep 7, 2022

Luggage
Aug 29, 2009
Does anybody know if the earlier HoT missions have shortcuts when repeating them and going for achievements similar to the final mission with the Mordremoth fight?

I have Act 1 and 4 Mastery, but Act 2 has so many fucky ones nested in comparatively long missions like the chase with Faolinn or the ones during the three trials.

Luggage fucked around with this message at 17:21 on Sep 8, 2022

Luggage
Aug 29, 2009
Don't know if they did it that way in LWS 2 already, but doing HoT story achievements last week, I found a lot of missions you can speed up by knowing the triggers. There are a few where you actually need to stay close to NPCs being escorted, others you just hammer the use key on the NPC to talk to and as soon as they start talking run to the next waypoint to trigger enemy spawns or the next part of the mission script.
Verdant Brink missions are the worst in that regard, as you have slow moving NPC to escort the most.

Luggage
Aug 29, 2009

CODChimera posted:

one thing that hasn't improved is finding groups for strikes. so many labels and specific things needed

Finding groups and matchmaking are one of the biggest areas of improvement of the game. Many would have thought/wished ANet tackled that before Steam release, but they instead spent their resources on a half-hearted attempt to improve the new player experience. It's unclear if and when they will ever do something about LFG, especially with WvW and PvP subcommunities having been on life support for so long and the current state of class balance being utterly dominated by Mechanist and Firebrand.

Luggage
Aug 29, 2009

Deformed Church posted:

You're really making me miss old LA.

I wish they made a Mistlock Sanctuary style teleport pass to old Lion's Arch.

Luggage
Aug 29, 2009

xgalaxy posted:

So I’ve kind of wanted to get back into this.

I played a lot when it first came out. Lost interest after about a year. Skipped Heart of Thorns.
Came back to the game for Path of Fire launch and took a week off to play it and rushed and got the griffon in like 2 days of poop socking.
And quickly burned myself on it again. I lasted maybe a month.
So that was … drat.. almost 5 years ago now?

Anyway. I loaded up the game just to figure out what the gently caress I’ve got.
I’m sitting on like 8 level 80s with gear all over the place and a poo poo load of items and crafting materials in my inventory I don’t even remember what they are for.
And I’m feeling pretty overwhelmed by it all.

I have a ton of level character to 80 tomes I could use and "start fresh" but I really don’t want to have to unlock all these waypoints again.
Really wish there was a class change gem store item I could use. I have a character that has 100% map completion in vanilla and pof zones but I really don’t want to play that class anymore.

Rough guide as a suggestion:
  1. get an API key from the ArenaNet page using this guide: https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/API:API_key
  2. use the API key on this page to help you clean up your inventory: http://gw.zweistein.cz/gw2stacks/
  3. find a more recent video on professions and elite specs (from the last 12 months) on YouTube and watch it
  4. pick the existing character with the profession and elite specs that appeal to you the most (the class balance is okay part from a few positive outliers like Mechanists and Firebrand and negative ones like Chronomancer and Spellbreaker)
  5. look up builds for the elite spec you want to start out with of MetaBattle.com (try to stick to ones classified Meta or Great) or Hardstuck.gg (if you don't have a specific form of content in mind, pick an open world or fractals build)
  6. rebuild that character with those trait lines, skill and gear. If you have questions regarding missing gear and how to get it, feel free to ask in here
  7. take that character for a spin and go from there

Luggage fucked around with this message at 06:18 on Sep 12, 2022

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Luggage
Aug 29, 2009

Thirsty Dog posted:

Aw, they unintentionally destroyed the rifle blade sworn build. RIP the only vaguely fun way to use rifle on warrior.

For a brief moment there there was a Shout based heal Bladesworn build. Likely also dead with this patch.

I realized that there nothing in the patch preview on PvP/WvW maps, objectives or rewards structure. Especially WvW is very slim on the rewards for regular play. Little to no gold or materials/currencies that can be turned into gold. Stuff like Emblem of the Avenger is still awarded by infinite achievements, despite having zero use ingame anymore. And there are quasi-dead game modes like Edge of the Mists for WvW and anything but Conquest for PvP. Would be nice if they look into those again in the future. Not even from a balance perspective, but to give people a reason or two to check it out like minor rewards on the path to ascendeds and legendaries or the occasional daily achievement similar to the ones routing players into the activities like crab toss.