Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pesterchum
Nov 8, 2009

clown car to hell choo choo

jokes posted:

What should I do?

A part of me wants to start a new character and level up like normal, but that doesn't seem right.

On the other hand, nobody can tell me what to do and I am my own person.

On the other hand, I bet new content is good and better than slaying centaurs alone or whatever.

How far did you get before

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pesterchum
Nov 8, 2009

explosivo posted:

So when do I get my mount as a level 80 going back through the old content? I got one on the alt I made within like an hour so I feel like I should be prioritizing whatever I need to do to get the basic mount.

Mount unlocks are account wide, if you have a raptor on one character all your characters should have it. Maybe check your keybinds for a mount x button or check the buttons to the right of your abilities on the bottom that I can't screenshot because I'm not home

Pesterchum
Nov 8, 2009

AmbientParadox posted:

So, I lost a gift of exploration. I had it on an alt that I deleted. When I contacted customer support, they asked for proof which I don't exactly have any of. But that's not the reason for this post. The reason is to complain about way too many hearts in the classic maps. I'm working through Snowden Drifts right now and I've just completed 4 hearts that are nearly identical: kill icebrood or wolves. They're all right next to waypoints and all within walking distance of eachother. We handwave this stuff away as being designed pre-mounts, but the devs clearly knew nobody was walking from one heart to another, or else why would the zone have 19 waypoints? Anyways I'm gonna pace my world completion because this is so mind numbing. I figure 1-2 zones a day and I'll be done in around 2 weeks. What do you think is the worst culprit of this? Whats the worst classic zone map?

To 100%? Lornar's pass

Pesterchum
Nov 8, 2009

I've spent a surprising amount of my time in the game just showing people where the jumping puzzles are and helping them get through it.

Pesterchum
Nov 8, 2009

Or join a guild that has the cantha guild hall, warp there and just walk out

Pesterchum
Nov 8, 2009

If you hate them all except guardian you should probably just play a guardian

Pesterchum
Nov 8, 2009

kirbysuperstar posted:

Boy HoT kinda just builds up forever and then goes "oh right" and shoves you straight into the absolutely awful final fight huh

Yeah I wonder if they ever fixed it so that it sometimes just straight up ejects you out of the fight towards the end when you're using the glider because that was always a grand time. At least the mordremouth fight in dragon's stand is really cool

Pesterchum
Nov 8, 2009

Harrow posted:

Yeah sylvari lore is weird and I think it was originally intended to be slightly unsettling in that "unseelie fae" way. They appear humanoid because the Pale Tree used a human corpse as the blueprint.

They sorta ended up more tame than that in the long run but they're still cool and definitely my favorite race to play

https://web.archive.org/web/20131121023510/http://guildwars2roleplay.wikispaces.com/A+Comprehensive+Guide+to+All+Things+Sylvari

Here's where a lot of the stuff was compiled back in the day

Pesterchum
Nov 8, 2009

Ra Ra Rasputin posted:

Hell, at release the majority of the playerbase was crying about enemies being too hard in Orr because nobody wanted to bring a stunbreak to their hotbar.

So all the Orr enemies got nerfed.

To be fair every single zombie in Orr had some sort of push/pull/stun/teleport move and it used to be like 3x as dense. Not that I had any real trouble with it but I do fondly remember being ping-ponged around by five+ different enemies in a row for an incredible distance

Pesterchum
Nov 8, 2009

Yeah, maybe

edit: I would love it if they just balanced the game around not having max might, quickness, alacrity, whatever and just remove them. Not that they'd succeed but I'd find it a lot less annoying to build characters at least

Pesterchum fucked around with this message at 06:43 on Sep 28, 2023

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pesterchum
Nov 8, 2009

Ra Ra Rasputin posted:

GW2 wasn't always so alt friendly, back in the days of soulbound keys and currencies you had to physically store instead of being in a omnipresent wallet.

Weren't dyes also originally per character or something?