Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Fight for all that is beautiful in the world

Guardian is the best class in this game

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

As a person who last played Guild Wars 2 over 10 years ago, I am happy with my Raptor. I'm actually a bit shocked that Mounts actually exist now at all???

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

when did they remove having to kill a bunch of stuff to unlock all your weapon skills?

I remember it taking forever and a day on warrior, for obvious reasons. Like it wasn't hard it was just boring.

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Wait as one of those dorks from way in the past who first quit during the start of living story, you're telling me there are characters worse than trahearne?

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

go into WvW, complete the jumping puzzle, leave forever

nah I kid I liked WvW, at least a long time ago.

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

so like does a heavy armor want to spec crafts into shields and greatswords or what??

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Well I've only been back for like a month, but at least it seems like they got past the era where they kept buffing only warrior and nerfing everything else

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

I just unlocked the ability to have two specs at once and my guardian basically just shits out explosions and flames every single attack now?

this rules? absolutely amazing. why on earth did I start this game 10 years ago as a mesmer and not a guardian? no idea.

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Meeko posted:

If you love crapping out flames, give Willbender a shot once you buy End of Dragons and hit level 80. Your F1 turns into a even more powerful and aggressive version that heavily incentivizes attacking as many times as possible for even more burning.

yeah end of dragons is sadly the one expansion i havent pick up over the years but that that playstyle does sound like it owns

i'm assuming I can use dragonhunter and firebrand when I hit 80 as I am, or do I actually have to do expansion stuff to use them?

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

I play Asura and you're hurting my feelings :(

Look at the way we hold greatswords!

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Meanwhile I've started a Revenant for the first time and they are strange but they do seem cool!

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Trip report: I have no idea what I'm doing on Rev but I push a bunch of buttons and things die so that's cool

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

FlapYoJacks posted:

Finally heat “my story” and Jesus Christ they padded that poo poo wayyyyyy too much. Also the final mission is bad. Now onto the expansions!

The final mission really does suck and that apparently hasn't changed in ten years

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Speaking of Rev while I do like it so far (i'm only level 25), I will say by its nature this class is the one that suffers the most from not being just boosted to 80 from the off

but hey, game's chill so w/e

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

drat are Scrapper and Holosmith just mid compared to Mech?

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

how long does it take to get a flying mount?

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

I beat the base storyline again

Looking forward, finally, to some brand new content now that Living World is no longer permanently missable content :v:

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

all the cool elite specs are in EoD (mechanist, virtuouso, bladesworn, vindicator etc)....

now, I just have to wait for a sale :shobon:

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

No, no the thing I lack here is the expansion entirely

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

So I unlocked Holosmith on my Engi and they gave me the lightsaber but I can't actually use any of its skills yet??? Do I need to go farm up 10 more points to unlock the photon forge first? :confused:

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

ptroll posted:

Make sure you actually equip the holosmith trait line, that's what enables the sword skills.

Yeah I have Firearms/Explosives/Holo set and I still can't use any of the sword skills, it looks like I do need the second skill unlocked first

Weird way for these Elite specs to work but I also accept most people prolly just had the skill points to unlock half the tree immediately

e: wait. I weapon swapped and now they unlocked. The gently caress???

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Abroham Lincoln posted:

That happens any time you equip a brand new weapon. Weapon swaps or getting into combat/killing something should also fix it, iirc.

It's a weird little holdover quirk from how they initially designed weapon skills to unlock by killing enemies with that weapon equipped. It got changed to just unlock through leveling a while ago, but there's still a bit of jank under the hood I guess.

Killing didn't work, I killed a few dudes with my offhand pistol and the sword skills stayed locked.

I didn't think about weapon swap because Engi didnt use to have it when I used to play (and come to think of it this might be why it bugged)

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Well anyway with even just the first skill on the spec I am still having a blast hitting dudes with my explodey laser sword so

this game owns

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

I finally bought EoD and now it's time to figure out which out of the nine new elite specs I want to mess around with first

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

I finally ventured in to the first expansion zone, lured by the idea of mega skill points

but many questions,

i need to do mastery training to get high on mushrooms???

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Of the elite specs I've messed with so far, I really like Holosmith: it's flashy and strong, and it has mechanics that hit the nice sweetspot between too much and too little to do at once

but of course i'm just open world

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Thank you for the effort post

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

I wish I liked Revenant more but I feel like if I dislike the Legends' constant banter it means the class prolly not for me

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

precious hamburgers...

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Golly I'm glad I play this game exclusively as a single player title

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Meeko posted:

https://www.youtube.com/@LordHizen/videos lordhizen's stuff is usually fine enough, tends to sometimes be overkill but usually works out.

keep in mind many of the more powerful open world builds rely on Celestial, which takes a few days (rl time gating) to craft yourself or is very expensive to buy off of the TP. if you don't have access to all that yet, Power Mechanist (engineer) or Power Reaper (necro), both using full berserker's gear are the cheapest and easiest options to get started with.

but what's the true answer if my favorite thing to do is swing a really big sword

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Meeko posted:

Power Reaper, Power/Celestial Vindicator, or Cavalier Bladesworn are your best bets there.

Time to get reaping :getin:

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Quick which class should I switch to before Soto comes out

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

i wish ele was good (or rather, that I was good at it)

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

..btt posted:

Elementalists are not mages in this game. Also, power weaver has a very straightforward rotation and is currently strong. At least in PvE.

weaver does sound cool, but i have to get it to 80 first and thus not play my other dudes lol

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

I just want to be a witch. Whichever class is the witchiest.

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

What kind of witch has to tell you she's good? :kiddo:

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

I like burning the poo poo out of things with death flames!

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

sword

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

i dont think its relevant anymore but i like the gif where theyre throwing away everything except the PVP