Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Guildenstern Mother
Mar 31, 2010

Why walk when you can ride?

jokes posted:

On the other hand, I bet new content is good and better than slaying centaurs alone or whatever.

Not sure it'll be alone, noob zones seem to be packed full of people with mentor tags absolutely frothing at the mouth to find a newbie to be nice and helpful to.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Guildenstern Mother
Mar 31, 2010

Minion Necro is still a thing for sure. Take death and blood specs and just hang out passively healing and spamming marks randomly. If an enemy has the audacity to engage you personally as an equal go into death shroud. Works for most open world. Not fast but you could almost akf it.

Guildenstern Mother
Mar 31, 2010

Free mount skin in the gem store!

Edit: should have refreshed the page oh well

Guildenstern Mother
Mar 31, 2010

I took a long break so this is actually going to be my first mount skin, are there multiple dye channels? I'm probably not going to gem store one unless I start playing a lot more, but at the same time I don't want to gently caress up my pick. Are there any that aren't super dyeable (raptor specifically)?

Guildenstern Mother
Mar 31, 2010

Speaking of bare feet has Jennah put on shoes at any point in the game yet? It's so weird

Guildenstern Mother
Mar 31, 2010

Speaking of nerfs to faceroll classes, I mostly play power reaper, and had a bit of a panic about the death perception nerf, but I'm wondering if I'm overreacting. More crit chance out of shroud is ok I guess, but the whole build is sort of built around 'always be in shroud and if you're not build up life force to get back in shroud and go back to critting on 70% of hits'. Is there a new power reaper meta I should be aware of?

Guildenstern Mother
Mar 31, 2010

With the engi trait 'aim assisted rockets' what exactly counts as a missile here?

quote:

Missile hits launch a rocket at your target. After enough rockets have been fired, an orbital strike is called instead. This trait has an internal cooldown

Guildenstern Mother
Mar 31, 2010

Finally getting around to doing personal story stuff and I have no idea how I was supposed to find the drat secret entrance to the artherblade hideout without the wiki. An npc probably said something about it but man was that poorly telegraphed, especially since the area is absolutely crawling with mobs

Guildenstern Mother
Mar 31, 2010

I dusted off my engi a few weeks ago because I remembered hearing good things about running around laid back with a flamethrower, and started the mechanist track, but now its all trendy and expensive and I'm blowing all my money on rifle skins :reject:

Guildenstern Mother
Mar 31, 2010

jokes posted:

Hard to justify an engineer or a necromancer Sylvari though.

I mean, I'm made of meat and raise plants, don't see why the reverse doesn't seem natural.

Guildenstern Mother
Mar 31, 2010

jokes posted:

I can't imagine playing a necromancer and not giving them the Reaper's Hood.

My reaper is all set up to match my sunrise. Gotta take advantage of all the weird dye effects on the carapace pants/slyvari armor

Guildenstern Mother
Mar 31, 2010

Also sylvari straight up look awesome with the starting Necro helm skins. Just wish I could put them on med/heavy characters.

Guildenstern Mother
Mar 31, 2010

They're clogging up the JPs. Worse than rangers.

Guildenstern Mother
Mar 31, 2010

Inzombiac posted:

It would be nice to have a game like this where stat combos is what you unlock, not new gear pieces.

All that gold everyone's hoarding has to have some kind of sink

Guildenstern Mother
Mar 31, 2010

Kris xK posted:

Looks like my server (shiverpeaks) is VS you guys (Maguuma) this session and people are not loving happy about it.

Or at least they say they're not happy, but every single battleground has a >10 person queue. Last night is was loving 50 for ebg and it took 2 hours. Once in, team chat was nonstop bitching about mag and someone named Claire.

I don't get what makes you guys so special.

I'm curious about this too actually, I'm on maguuma, but I don't wvw and I've sort of picked up that we have a super weird reputation but nothing other than that.

Guildenstern Mother
Mar 31, 2010

Who is outside my house screaming "optimize your gear"? I will never have matching runes you coward

Guildenstern Mother
Mar 31, 2010

Well good news you've picked the most chill and relaxing class available, especially with minions.

Guildenstern Mother
Mar 31, 2010

I had so many random skins like the hat and things I bought forever ago and possibly deleted before they could be added to the account wardrobe/town clothes whatever. There's no way to get those back is there? It's all fat enough back to not show up in my gem store history.

Guildenstern Mother
Mar 31, 2010

Truga posted:

i played gw2 at launch and i don't remember this at all lmfao

Hell I don't even remember this from the beta. Gw1 had (has?) tomes, maybe it's a fused game memory

Guildenstern Mother
Mar 31, 2010

I think I remember that, but I didn't remember it was an actual item. Weird choice, like other than selling it on the TP why would it be an item? Was gold not account based then?

Guildenstern Mother
Mar 31, 2010

Bobfly posted:

I'm sorry for continuing the How To Play discussion if you all feel like the subject is done, but I feel like such a fish out of water.

I've played a LOT of FF14, where all the complexity is in the rotations, and none in the character building. So I think I'm misunderstanding how combat works, I've been pretty much hitting everything on cooldown with my baseline mesmer, mostly only holding off on things if I need them to kite, interrupt, or the like. But it feels so weird to do that!
Can anyone help me get into the right mindset of how to approach skills and rotations in this game? It feels (and I could be wrong) like every guide or there begins and ends with the build, as if how to actually play is self-evident once the right talents and runes are in place. And it might be, but it hasn't clicked yet, and I feel so dumb!

I honestly feel like this is what every gw2 player wants to talk about more than anything. When the steam launch happened, vets were frothing at the mouth, churning in deep parts of their souls and other bits, relentlessly helping noobs. It was like watching those giant bees try to mate so hard they kill everyone including the female. You'll never make a gw2 player happier than letting them be helpful.

Guildenstern Mother
Mar 31, 2010

jokes posted:

It should be the default experience. Everyone making a human female made a mistake.

Human females look weird enough that I, a hetero cis female feel kind of creepy rolling one. They all look weirdly young

Guildenstern Mother
Mar 31, 2010

MajorBonnet posted:

The game is due for a beach episode. Southsun doesn't count.

Southsun brought us swimsuit issue lord faren and therefore counts.

Guildenstern Mother
Mar 31, 2010

Meowywitch posted:

I finally ventured in to the first expansion zone, lured by the idea of mega skill points

but many questions,

i need to do mastery training to get high on mushrooms???

buddy these mushrooms aint for amateurs, come back when you can taste colors and we'll talk.

Guildenstern Mother
Mar 31, 2010

Edit: This isn't the pathfinder thread, whoops.

So how about them elementalists? lotta buttons, real squishy, less trampy than the gw1 ele.

Guildenstern Mother fucked around with this message at 21:30 on Apr 19, 2023

Guildenstern Mother
Mar 31, 2010

Reinstalling gw2 on the new computer, how bad the the signet trait nerf screw power reaper? Can I still faceroll?

Guildenstern Mother
Mar 31, 2010

spent my wizard points on potions of mastery, got 2 for IBS which I may have 1 chapter unlocked for. :/

Also what's a good relic for a rifle engi? I looked through and didn't see much that looked like an obvious match.

Guildenstern Mother
Mar 31, 2010

Aster0ids posted:

Thanks for feedback! Imma probably go for HoT+PoF package

Id want to play a simple class that does reasonably well in PVE and WvW.

Im guessing what would work well is something like an artillery build. Something i can play at the back of a zerg and stay safe-ish while i learn the game.

Any class suggestions or any suggestion? For reference ive played a necro till level 9, thats my experience in GW2

I have good news about that lvl 9 necro

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Guildenstern Mother
Mar 31, 2010

Jedah posted:

Haha, sounds strangely familiar, doesn't it?

What will they do with all the Gemstore purchases? That's a tough one.

And giving people full legendary everything on day one is probably not a good idea (though it may matter less if it's a single player focused game). Maybe carry over as many skins as they can from GW2 to GW3 and lean hard into the fashion wars aspect, players love that. So your Obsidian Armor or cool gemstore outfit from today carries over skins your GW3 Sylvari can wear, and she can look cool. But she doesn't get omega DPS or whatever stats from the item - it's just purely cosmetic. I'd be down for that.

Bring back the hall of monuments