Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

bengy81
May 8, 2010

drat Dirty Ape posted:

I'm in the same position as others in that I played a while ago (I think when HoT released), just came back, and I'm lost looking at my characters with all of their rankings and inventories full of crap. It looks like I have 1200 gems I didn't spend which is nice. Are inventory upgrades character specific? I have an 80 engineer and 80 mesmer and I remember I used to enjoy running around with the WvW zerg. Looks like at some point I bought tools that don't wear out, a raven glider, and a copper fed salvage thingee which I don't remember what it does. I assume I should look into using gems for the story? The shop is a little disorientating. Also, I don't have any non-HoT expansions since I was kind of hoping for a sale.

There are going to be daily sales at some point during the 10 year anniversary stuff, and utility items will go on sale, so save your gems untill what you want goes on sale in the next few weeks.
Bag slots are character specific, bank slots and shared inventory are account wide.
I have one character I spend more time on than any other, so I don't mind spending money on bag slots for that character, but if you split your play time between multiple characters, you might be better off with bank slots or shared inventory, I would be very tempted to buy a shared slot at least for that copper fed salvager, and maybe for the tools, although that would require unequipping them every time you swap a character.
Shared slots are also good for stuff like stacks of unid gear, because you can split stacks and whatever you leave in the shared slot won't be salvaged.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bengy81
May 8, 2010
I booster a Mesmer a while ago, and finally started putting some time in on her. I looked up a basic pve build, and started running silverwastes to get the hang of it. I'm ready to check out the elite specs, so I'll probably mess with some PoF story until I get skyscale masteries finished then do a hp train.

bengy81
May 8, 2010

jokes posted:

Are halloween bags a good way to grind gold? Like, efficiently?

Generally yeah. Load up on as much magic find as you can and find a good commander and hit the lab.

bengy81
May 8, 2010

Meskhenet posted:

Lol. i dont sell. i open.

So im running way less than 15g an hour.

But it is brain dead. i can do it while im doing other stuff. Its pretty chill.

The worst part of gw2 halloween

i vote

the player base - at king thorn's Mad king Says.

how i wish i could just ban about 30% of the people that show up.

Your joke wasnt funny the first time you said it, the 10th.....

My vote is for the Steve jokes in the lab.

bengy81
May 8, 2010

drat Dirty Ape posted:

Not paying attention I just lost 8g in listing fees on the trading post. Welp!

I listed a mini for 115g this week and I'm having serious sellers remorse at the moment. I feel like I should have kept it and tracked the price a little before listing it.
What did you lose you 8g in?

bengy81
May 8, 2010

drat Dirty Ape posted:

Oh I had like 5 of some dumb core or something that I typed in something like 33g each instead of 33s

Oof, that's painful...

bengy81
May 8, 2010
I'll bite, what's rear end?

bengy81
May 8, 2010
Ah, I've been jumping between making Vision and S1, so I haven't gotten too deep into EoD mats.
Should probably buy a stack of coins before they go up too high though...

bengy81
May 8, 2010
That treasure trail has me dying.

bengy81
May 8, 2010
My favorite thing is when I see random map chats talking about a really big, pink, naked Norn male :allears:

bengy81
May 8, 2010
At the moment, I would say Mech is the best class in the game. Every mode (I don't WvW, so correct me if not true) is absolutely flooded by mechs because they trivialize so much of the content. Which, to be clear is a good thing in my opinion.

bengy81
May 8, 2010

Mailer posted:

Edit: Oh, and on dailies - Since I realized you get other races' starting points and there hasn't been an EoD map for me yet, I've been doing them. They show up when I log in, are on the quest tracker, and when I do them they poof out of existence and I can't figure out how to recall the list. Are PvP dailies and whatever the third category is a separate thing and I need to figure out where the hell the daily menu is, or is it just three things of any tab and you're done?

If you are asking what I think you are asking, hit "H" to bring up the achievements tab. Dailies are at the top of that list on the left. You can look at the ones you completed for the day, as well as the other ones. This will also let you look at other achievement categories, there are a lot! You can track an achievement by clicking the little eyeball thing, and clicking it again will untrack it.
If you aren't tracking anything else I believe the pve dailies pop in your tracker. Once you start tracking other things the dailies don't populate your tracker and you need to add them manually.
If you haven't already, make sure you have joined both goon guilds. GOON guild hall specifically is good for knocking out the desert gathering cheevs.

bengy81
May 8, 2010
LS6 should really be a retelling of "Three Men and a Baby," "Kindergarten Cop," or "Look Who's Talking, Too."

bengy81
May 8, 2010

Saraiguma posted:

the desolation is the worst map and it's not even close

gently caress those spider web things that stun you off your mount.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bengy81
May 8, 2010

Meowywitch posted:

drat are Scrapper and Holosmith just mid compared to Mech?

Someone in guild was running a power holo build that seemed ridiculous.