Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mazed
Oct 23, 2010

:blizz:

Oh good, a new thread to mostly lurk in.

I need to fire this back up soon. I miss my tree lady and large lady

I also miss how GW2 is, of all things, the best-feeling MMO to just move around in.

Mazed fucked around with this message at 19:16 on Aug 24, 2022

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mazed
Oct 23, 2010

BadLlama posted:

GW2 has simultaneously some of the best looking scenes still in an MMO and also the worst, it is very weird. I'll look left and be like drat that is a nice looking view, then look right and be disgusted at what appears to be a 1996 N64 art asset.

Did the DX11 update ever happen, and if so, did it fix some of the draw distance issues?

The environmental art direction in itself is just phenomenal. I love how well it conveys the temperature of a scene.

Full disclosure, I have yet to even try expansion areas. Though I've heard some are frustratingly designed, I kind of like it when it feels dangerous to wander off, so maybe that won't be an issue.

Mazed
Oct 23, 2010

Lordshmee posted:

Mesmer supremacy! Axe Mirage is still the funnest build of any class in any mmo I’ve ever played.

Mesmer is the only class in video games that really, truly accurately captures what a Wizard is supposed to be.

You are a walking chaos factor. Weird poo poo just happens when you show up. Nothing you use works how it's supposed to, but instead does something insane, like if you shoot a gun it doesn't shoot bullets, it shoots out doppelgangers of you. You can tell someone that they're on fire, and they will be. You are a quantum paradox.

And this may very well be this game's greatest triumph.