Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

tarbrush
Feb 7, 2011

ALL ABOARD THE SCOTLAND HYPE TRAIN!

CHOO CHOO
It matters much less than it used to. Join a random server and wait for slots on maguuma to open

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tarbrush
Feb 7, 2011

CHOO CHOO

Kris xK posted:

Welp apparently it doesn't matter because I fat fingered an EU server that it wont let me change.

Is there seriously no way to change the loving server so I can create a new character?

Put in a support ticket

tarbrush
Feb 7, 2011

CHOO CHOO
:justpost:

tarbrush
Feb 7, 2011

CHOO CHOO
Yes. Ls1 is the weakest of the living story chapters, but it is worth doing in order to know what's going on.

tarbrush
Feb 7, 2011

CHOO CHOO

Ra Ra Rasputin posted:

Bladesworn make big numbers appear and make noticeable burst chunks of health disappear in bosses, in PvP bladesworn also dominate.

Though for raids or open world 99% of the time you'll just be wondering why you are wasting your time positioning and pressing keys on your keyboard and even having to time those presses instead of just playing power mech instead and ignoring all that.

Snowcrows, the raid site, supplies exquisitely detailed rotation guides for every build they endorse. Which skill when, when to weapon swap, how to adjust for more cc and how to recover if you get interrupted. Some of the rotations are 30 skills long.

The mechanist entry is just "press all your weapon skills off cool down"

tarbrush
Feb 7, 2011

CHOO CHOO
I'm expecting/hoping for one. Really need some equipment templates

tarbrush
Feb 7, 2011

CHOO CHOO

Ort posted:

Picked the Lyssa outfit from the free box and am immediately regretting it. So hard choosing with all of these free cosmetics!

Where do I get this from? I got the t shirt from prime gaming.

tarbrush
Feb 7, 2011

CHOO CHOO
Having a special area pass is pretty helpful along with a shared inventory slot to put it in.

I can't remember which one is best these days, maybe the new EoD one?

tarbrush
Feb 7, 2011

CHOO CHOO
Doing the PoF and EoD collections gives you cheap ascended weapons

tarbrush
Feb 7, 2011

CHOO CHOO

Ineptitude posted:

Elaborate!

At launch, Anet went hard on the idea that spvp was going to be a new, popular esport. They put a lot on the idea that people were going to stream it, there would be tournaments and it would be popular outside people that like/play the pve element.

This did not happen at all, and anet dropped the mode out of embarrassment for a few years

tarbrush
Feb 7, 2011

CHOO CHOO
Warhammer online was a janky mess that hated player quality of life as much as GW2 loves it, but the PvP was sublime.

tarbrush
Feb 7, 2011

CHOO CHOO

Ineptitude posted:

Maguuma Jungle is not just the HoT zones though

No but heart of maguuma is though

tarbrush
Feb 7, 2011

CHOO CHOO
Yeah, it's fine

tarbrush
Feb 7, 2011

CHOO CHOO
Yeah, it's pretty good, though not quite as good as it used to be

tarbrush
Feb 7, 2011

CHOO CHOO
Hugh Mann and Guy Normal were always my favourite cylons

tarbrush
Feb 7, 2011

CHOO CHOO

Ra Ra Rasputin posted:

, it's also purely karma to make them from some living story vendors compared to spending 2g 50s for every stack of 250 rares you salvage.

Oh which vendors are these?

tarbrush
Feb 7, 2011

CHOO CHOO

Mode 7 posted:

I’m riddled with indecision about what profession to play. What should I play assuming I likely don’t have the attention span to make alts and want to get an experience that’s fun, frictionless, and showcases unique stuff GW2 does well as opposed to other MMOs? Short time from start to “fun” and variety of play styles a plus.

Engi in endgame is the best for this. But assuming you want to enjoy leveling and the time before you unlock all the elite specs, play guardian

tarbrush
Feb 7, 2011

CHOO CHOO
Yeah, it can be a bit quiet if you play EU or Oceania hours, but there's definitely still goons about and there are definitely active periods too.

Plus organised wubs, raids etc

tarbrush
Feb 7, 2011

CHOO CHOO
Is there any like Cliff notes digest of the patch changes? I can't be arsed to watch a 45 minute video to find out the key stuff.

tarbrush
Feb 7, 2011

CHOO CHOO
I enjoy builds with lots of aoe and just massacring every pocket raptor I encounter

tarbrush
Feb 7, 2011

CHOO CHOO

Dzurlord posted:

I looked up the whole skyscale process, and if I can swap over to that story I will - but oof, those monetary costs.

I know this is just How MMOs Do, but I'm still hovering around 2-4 gold for the most part. Should I hit up the guild chats for dungeons or fractals? (Assuming my babbyass 80 gear is okay for them.) Try out WvW? What's the most straightforward way to dial up my income? (Which will also help me with my attempts to get decent crafting skills, for sure.)

If you like fractals, they're a good way to make money and have a nice sense of progress. You'll plateau a bit as you'll need ascended gear to advance. That drops in fractals, but will still be the rate limiting step in getting to higher fractals.

Other things to do are to try and do the dailies. The EoD strike daily is 2-4 gold, the pve/wubs/PvP daily is 2g.

If you have/do EoD stuff, fishing is low investment and profitable. Keep all your yellow fish, convert the other fish into mats and trade in the fillets to get ambergris, which is just under 2g a pop.

tarbrush
Feb 7, 2011

CHOO CHOO

Ra Ra Rasputin posted:

My advice for the clock tower is to get used to jumping movement with action camera active (or just hold down right mouse the entire time like I do)

If you are ever the type to stop moving and keyboard turn around slowly between jumps to line up you'll never finish it.

Agree 100%

tarbrush
Feb 7, 2011

CHOO CHOO

whydirt posted:

What keeps leather expensive relative to the other base mats?

T5 leather is cheap. The mid tier stuff you can only really farm in lake doric, whereas you can mine/chop hard wood and platinum from a ton of zones.

tarbrush
Feb 7, 2011

CHOO CHOO
You need elonian leather for a bunch of legendary weapons, but not damask

tarbrush
Feb 7, 2011

CHOO CHOO
I'm not even sure that would do it. Their utilities and elites are mostly pretty lame. You really have to understand fields and finishers and the rotations to get them in the right order to get anything impressive out of the class.

tarbrush
Feb 7, 2011

CHOO CHOO

El Fideo posted:

After a several year hiatus, I returned to the game with the ten year anniversary stuff. I've been focused on getting my Engineer her mechanist skills and ascended gear for high level fractals, and that's been fun. I think I want to get into raids next. I've got Mesmer, a Guardian, and a Ranger all at level 80. Which of these would you recommend for a good support build?

Edit: Also, is there any build that recreates the feel of the Guild Wars 1 Mesmer? Where you're putting debuffs onto your enemies that punish them for taking actions? That level of control was the poo poo.

Heal Firebrand is very strong, as is heal mechanist

tarbrush
Feb 7, 2011

CHOO CHOO

where the red fern gropes posted:

and also buy the 75 gem karma booster to get the ultra rare baseball cap

Oh! Which one is that?

tarbrush
Feb 7, 2011

CHOO CHOO

drat Dirty Ape posted:

A positive PvE adjustment for Deadeye seems like a fine idea.

Umm.... did they really have to reduce the range of everything? Was the range a problem in PvE somewhere? Kneeling already seemed pretty situational in WvW (maybe PvP but I don't do that).

gently caress, is that going to mess up pylon kiters?

tarbrush
Feb 7, 2011

CHOO CHOO
I also like longbow soulbeast. Excellent range, does a lot of things pretty well and you can adapt it through utility and pet choices

tarbrush
Feb 7, 2011

CHOO CHOO
Holy poo poo. I sold a bunch over the weekend!

Mystic coin price climbing a little too, well above 80s.

tarbrush
Feb 7, 2011

CHOO CHOO

bengy81 posted:

I'll bite, what's rear end?

Antique summoning stones

The expensive bit of the aurene legendaries

tarbrush
Feb 7, 2011

CHOO CHOO

jokes posted:

It definitely feels the most "stale" of any weapon skills, imo. You'd think "warrior with sword and shield" would be one of the most popular/desired professions, but here we are

That or ele and staff, and that sucks too

tarbrush
Feb 7, 2011

CHOO CHOO
Dammit why did you have to put that in the thread, I can't resist that!

tarbrush
Feb 7, 2011

CHOO CHOO
Yeah, the leadup to the lockdown was some of their best work. Drizzlewood, Bjora and Grothmar are really excellent zones, they have some cool interesting fights and some of the better bits of the story (Braham excepted). I just wish the Grothmar rewards were better integrated into the rest of the game in the way that drizz drops and eternal ice are.

tarbrush
Feb 7, 2011

CHOO CHOO

Mercury_Storm posted:

? You can't even profit from some of the time-gated crafts anymore like spiritwood globs/planks.

Yeah, that's annoying

tarbrush
Feb 7, 2011

CHOO CHOO

Ra Ra Rasputin posted:

Who else keeps the arborstone teleport in their shared slots because they aren't gonna pay 10 silver for a waypoint?

Absolutely

tarbrush
Feb 7, 2011

CHOO CHOO
Yeah. Notes are a very good resource sump.

That said, the price of Mystic coins has rebounded a bit, so maybe people are starting to make gen 1 and 2 legendaries again.

tarbrush
Feb 7, 2011

CHOO CHOO

big cummers ONLY posted:

I'm having fun logging on and aimlessly wandering around doing hearts. Is there anything I should do early that unlocks something neat? For instance I got the mailbag item for signing up for their newsletter. Any other cool items I can pick up for a small investment of time like that? Bags, mounts, pets...?

If you have path of fire, doing the first mission in that story will get you the first mount which is great. There may be an even quicker way of getting it?

tarbrush
Feb 7, 2011

CHOO CHOO
Yeah, basically

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tarbrush
Feb 7, 2011

CHOO CHOO
https://gw2efficiency.com is the gold standard for how to craft a legendary