Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pseudoscorpion
Jul 26, 2011

Hello thread, I worked at Arenanet for a while and then I didn't for a while and now I do again. I hope you like our video game.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pseudoscorpion
Jul 26, 2011

Also, just a reminder that you don't need to do the first PoF mission to get the raptor anymore - it's unlocked automatically at level 10 now!

Pseudoscorpion
Jul 26, 2011

Soysaucebeast posted:

Skins can drop from chests, but they are STUPID rare.

To be clear, skins drop rarely from Black Lion Chests, which need Black Lion Keys to open, which you normally get only very rarely from playing the game outside of things like the weekly key farm.

Pseudoscorpion
Jul 26, 2011

AmbientParadox posted:

2023 New Year, new loung pass opinions.

I'll go to bat for Noble's Folly, the Verdant Brink 1% pass. It's its own instance, so it has less load strain than a lot of the other passes which are in large zones. Aesthetically it's pretty dull, but it's compact which is nice. One of the biggest benefits of it, though, is that if you have the griffon, it's very easy to pop over to Noble's Folly, leave to the map proper, and fly over to the canopy right nearby where the Matriarch spawns. No need to futz with the helicopters or taking the long way around from Faren's Flyer. Also, because it's one of the less popular 1% passes, it's usually pretty sparse, which I like since I'm not much for socializing with randos.

vvv There are permanent versions as well as the 2-week trial passes!

Pseudoscorpion fucked around with this message at 01:11 on Jan 2, 2023

Pseudoscorpion
Jul 26, 2011

OzFactor posted:

You're not alone, I really like TD too. I always really liked that the four HoT maps have four very distinct atmospheres: Verdant Brink is an actively hostile warzone; Auric Basin is the cool, mysterious Indiana Jones map; and Dragon's Stand is the siege map. I think TD is interesting as the inverse of VB: instead of being actively hostile, it's passively hostile. It's the point at which you really feel like this was a massive military overreach and you really, really shouldn't be here. It's weird and alien and untamable.

This is the exact reason I like TD too - it really leans in to the core fantasy of Heart of Thorns as an expansion, I think, in that you're stumbling through a hostile, confusing jungle that hates you. Maybe people dread going there for some reason or another - but isn't that kind of the idea? I'd rather have various zones that elicit reactions - even negative ones - than have every zone be emotionally neutral, even though the latter is probably financially a better decision. The Desolation is kind of the same way - you're deep in hostile territory where the environment and its inhabitants want you dead.

Pseudoscorpion
Jul 26, 2011

hey guys what's going on in this thread right now

Pseudoscorpion
Jul 26, 2011

FlapYoJacks posted:

Brahm being a horrible whiny asshat for 3 seasons and then suddenly it’s all better because he said sorry is awful feeling. You as a commander should have told him to gently caress off.

Braham’s arc in LWS3 was originally meant to set him up as a future villain/antihero, which ended up not happening because of the foibles of game development. I think in the timeline where that narrative thread was followed up on, he probably would have ended up taking on a role similar to Ryland’s in IBS - so obsessed with slaying Jormag he ends up being the Ice Dragon’s champion

Pseudoscorpion
Jul 26, 2011

My boss (an engineering director) has told me directly that he'd quit if we ever RTO, and I have it on good authority that Colin is in the game boat, though he's never told me, specifically. The entire in-office meet has been framed from the beginning as a "hey, let's get to meet all the cool new coworkers that have started here since we started doing full WFH' and the schedule they've sent out for it (which is full of non-work games and activities) reflects that.

I'm with chglcu here. Call us naive if you want. vOv

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pseudoscorpion
Jul 26, 2011

Inzombiac posted:

I am a FOOL.

Once again lured by the siren's song of discounted keys, I bought 25. In chat I exclaimed that it felt like BL keys are weighted heavily towards warhorns and foci since those are the least-used weapons.

I got two of each and nothing else!!!

thank you for your service