Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mr. Neutron
Sep 15, 2012

~I'M THE BEST~

Inzombiac posted:

I think the story is good enough that you should do it in order.
Now that you can get the raptor early, there's no reason to jump ahead.

HoT can be a hassle but it's worth exploring.

have you heard the good word about our Lord and savior Revenant???

This. Revenant is sort of a battle mage/invoker/ritualist. An extremely fun class with a meta build for every game mode.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr. Neutron
Sep 15, 2012

~I'M THE BEST~
You do need End of Dragons, yes.

Mr. Neutron
Sep 15, 2012

~I'M THE BEST~
If you mean mastery points, then each expansion (+core) has it's own mastery tracks and the xp you earn on each expansion's maps goes towards the respective mastery track.

Mr. Neutron
Sep 15, 2012

~I'M THE BEST~
There appear to be no big sales either as of yet.

Mr. Neutron
Sep 15, 2012

~I'M THE BEST~

Luggage posted:

So what's the deal/meme regarding Lord Faren? There are like half a dozen silly minis for him, but I've never encountered him as an in-game character. I get why you would want half-naked Kasmeer, but who is that dude?

From what I remember, he is your best buddy if you play human and pick the noble origin. You meet him at several points throughout the story.

Mr. Neutron
Sep 15, 2012

~I'M THE BEST~

Inzombiac posted:

I dropped FF14 because it relies so heavily on rote rotations. It made playing even flashy classes boring.

GW2 I like because your auto attack often does great damage and then your other skills are brought in situationally.

Nothing is more boring to me than having to memorize a string of numbers. That's not a game, that's homework.

well, actually...

Mr. Neutron
Sep 15, 2012

~I'M THE BEST~
Free mount skin is huge, I don't remember them ever doing that before.

Mr. Neutron
Sep 15, 2012

~I'M THE BEST~
Those are infusion level of rare drops, yeah.

Mr. Neutron
Sep 15, 2012

~I'M THE BEST~
That deadeye build is great but very annoying to play (for me at least) because of how Shadow Strike works.

Mr. Neutron
Sep 15, 2012

~I'M THE BEST~
Your character becomes the Pact commander while Trahearne becomes Pact marshal.

I never got whose rank was superior.

Mr. Neutron
Sep 15, 2012

~I'M THE BEST~
Shared inventory slots according to most people, although I personally never found much use for them beyond the first (which has the aforementioned copper salvager bot sitting in it)

Mr. Neutron
Sep 15, 2012

~I'M THE BEST~
Whatver they do please don't let it be time travel.

Mr. Neutron
Sep 15, 2012

~I'M THE BEST~

HampHamp posted:

Started playing this yesterday, I'm a little confused about the best way to get the story content. I'm using the free account, and will be looking to get all the expansions - I'm just not sure how the living story stuff fits into it.

If you are playing on Steam and you want everything, you need to purchase the full package (100 euros). That will get you everything.

Mr. Neutron
Sep 15, 2012

~I'M THE BEST~
Don't get your hopes up, they've been 'looking into' Firebrand since 2019 :v:

Mr. Neutron
Sep 15, 2012

~I'M THE BEST~

Inzombiac posted:

Yeah I don't like pvp but it can be fun if you're just goofing off.

Tab-targeting in a competitive game feels godawful to me.

Good news: action cam is a thing.

Mr. Neutron
Sep 15, 2012

~I'M THE BEST~
Vindicator is getting second dodge back. Not sure how I feel about that.

Mr. Neutron
Sep 15, 2012

~I'M THE BEST~
I don't think anything beats parking an alt at the Kaineng City JP chest in terms of efficiency.

Mr. Neutron
Sep 15, 2012

~I'M THE BEST~
If you have the AR just join other people's groups. Your personal fractal level doesn't matter.

Mr. Neutron
Sep 15, 2012

~I'M THE BEST~
I think you are thinking of this.

..which is frankly insane to me since the GW2 soundtrack is amazing. But to each it's own I guess.

Mr. Neutron
Sep 15, 2012

~I'M THE BEST~

orcane posted:

Look at all those anime Barbies at the top... https://gw2efficiency.com/account/player-statistics

I regret nothing. :colbert:

Mr. Neutron
Sep 15, 2012

~I'M THE BEST~
I have downloaded the Steam version and started a fresh account on the US servers out of curiosity. First impressions: holy poo poo how did we even play the game before auto loot and SSDs :negative:

Mr. Neutron
Sep 15, 2012

~I'M THE BEST~

Luggage posted:

Rumor mill and implications by ArenaNet say they'll release the rest of LWS 1 this year. Since they just released episode 4 and based on an interview from March 2022 with the game director, we'll get one more episode before the season is done. Given that the cadence has been mostly every 2 months, it's likely releasing in November.

I really hope so. I understand getting EoD out of the door took it's toll but it's been 6 months - we really need something new (and no, I don't really count LWS1).

Mr. Neutron
Sep 15, 2012

~I'M THE BEST~
Copper-fed salvager is on sale, along with build and template expansions.

Mr. Neutron
Sep 15, 2012

~I'M THE BEST~
Ascended weapons only really reliably drop from raids, unfortunately. I'd recommend you go for a collection weapon if you can instead of crafting.

Mr. Neutron
Sep 15, 2012

~I'M THE BEST~

Inzombiac posted:

Ascended gear is funny because it's a hassle to start but once you get momentum, you'll be rolling in pinks ;)

Yeah pretty much. I counted and I am at 144 weapons currently, several sets of armor and nearly 100 trinkets.

Mr. Neutron
Sep 15, 2012

~I'M THE BEST~
Guardian and revenant are the only two classes that can perform any role in the game with the appropriate gear, have amazing solo builds and are the most versatile classes overall, really. Both are a blast to play, too. Revenant might seem a little bit complicated at first but once you get used to it, it's not too bad.

Mr. Neutron fucked around with this message at 14:03 on Sep 29, 2022

Mr. Neutron
Sep 15, 2012

~I'M THE BEST~

Meeko posted:

Also if you can be assed, the increased XP does mean a considerable increase in income from spirit shards. They're annoying to convert but definitely fairly profitable.

One day I have to look into this, I have like 6000 of those.

Mr. Neutron
Sep 15, 2012

~I'M THE BEST~
I would first level a character regularly if I were you.

Mr. Neutron
Sep 15, 2012

~I'M THE BEST~
https://www.guildwars2.com/en/news/guild-wars-2-fall-and-winter-roadmap-2022/

New roadmap is out but unfortunately there is nothing coming that we didn't know about before. I was expecting at least a sneak peek at some new content but nope :(

Mr. Neutron
Sep 15, 2012

~I'M THE BEST~

404notfound posted:

Is the strike mission new? I don't know if I remember hearing about that before. Wonder if it'll reward green or blue prophet shards, or if they'll bring back reds for it

No, they announced it way back when they first introduced S1. It's just that everybody was expecting it to be the final Scarlet boss battle on the Breachmaker which is apparently not going to be the case.

The rewards are going to be indeed interesting. I would make no sense for it to award some new currency but on the other hand it's not EoD nor IBS content, either.
On top of that, I really wonder how it's going to be tuned since it will be the only strike available to f2p players so maybe they are going to have to tune it around core classes?

Mr. Neutron
Sep 15, 2012

~I'M THE BEST~

tarbrush posted:

Is there any like Cliff notes digest of the patch changes? I can't be arsed to watch a 45 minute video to find out the key stuff.

Yep.

https://en-forum.guildwars2.com/topic/122125-game-update-notes-october-4-2022/

The vindicator's leap looks silly now, the animation plays at double speed and it looks ridiculous.

Mr. Neutron
Sep 15, 2012

~I'M THE BEST~

queeb posted:

guys jsut coming back after not playign since before EoD lauch, is mechanist still good? i wann blast poo poo with a robot for 0 effort.

It's damage got slightly nerfed recently but otherwise yeah, it is just as powerful and low effort as it used to be. Even more so, in fact, since you can now set all mech skills to autocast.

Mr. Neutron
Sep 15, 2012

~I'M THE BEST~
Practically perfect in every way.

Mr. Neutron
Sep 15, 2012

~I'M THE BEST~
Yep, that was thankfully added in the latest patch.

Mr. Neutron
Sep 15, 2012

~I'M THE BEST~
Yeah unfortunately they are one of the least fun things ever added to the game.

Mr. Neutron
Sep 15, 2012

~I'M THE BEST~
Not really, no. The fastest is crafting, the cheapest(but random) is fractals/raids.

Mr. Neutron
Sep 15, 2012

~I'M THE BEST~
If you are going the raid route, the legendary armor precursor achievements give you two full sets of ascended armor, but they do take a bit of effort.

Mr. Neutron
Sep 15, 2012

~I'M THE BEST~
I'm about to do Vision and one of the items I need sadly cannot be acquired via WvW mastery tracks. How painful is getting the 'A star to guide us' mastery achievement? Any achievements I should avoid? I would prefer to not replay the story instances if possible.

Mr. Neutron
Sep 15, 2012

~I'M THE BEST~
https://en-forum.guildwars2.com/topic/123508-guild-wars-2-balance-philosophy/

Not really very interesting however.

Mr. Neutron fucked around with this message at 20:47 on Oct 28, 2022

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr. Neutron
Sep 15, 2012

~I'M THE BEST~

Well, that's done. Was not nearly as painful as I feared, altough I already had many of the various steps completed (and I play a lot of WvW, which helped).