Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Swing State Victim
Nov 8, 2012
Kinda behind the curve since I came back to the game, but it feels like SotO isn’t really going anywhere interesting. I mostly liked the first half up to the giant tentacle monster meta event in Amnytas. Lots of asset reuse, but I liked the silly ideas behind the skywatch islands etc. Once you get to Nayos things kinda fall off the rails. The zone itself is kinda cool, but it’s a grey and red environment filled with grey and red mobs, many of which have tiny models and are difficult to see. The meta events especially are lame. We just had a giant eldritch creature we had to fight across a whole zone and now we’ve entered a demon realm where we’re fighting…a reskinned dude in a cave and yet another wyvern with a graphical theme that doesn’t really even match the rest of the Kryptis. Maybe it’ll build to something, but the additions so far are duds.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Swing State Victim
Nov 8, 2012
Your armor may have disappeared into the equipment templates on the character screen. They act as free slots for storing gear but you can remove items and equip from your inventory if you want.

Swing State Victim
Nov 8, 2012
Misread the last page.

Swing State Victim fucked around with this message at 07:23 on May 1, 2024

Swing State Victim
Nov 8, 2012
You can save yourself some effort if you double up on doing the amulet and aurora/vision requirements simultaneously. There’s not always a ton of direct overlap, but it can save doing things like jumping puzzles extra times. Just unlock the legendary collections first, or you won’t get credit towards those. They take an evening or two with a guide.