Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

jokes
Dec 20, 2012

Uh... Kupo?

Guild Wars Too!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

jokes
Dec 20, 2012

Uh... Kupo?

What should I do?

A part of me wants to start a new character and level up like normal, but that doesn't seem right.

On the other hand, nobody can tell me what to do and I am my own person.

On the other hand, I bet new content is good and better than slaying centaurs alone or whatever.

jokes
Dec 20, 2012

Uh... Kupo?

Pesterchum posted:

How far did you get before

I have like 10 80s from just randomly logging on and collecting birthdays and scrolls and poo poo. I also have one ascended weapon that I have from doing a GoomTEQ. I also played most of HoT and PoF and, apparently I killed Zhaiten. I have a roller beetle!!!!!!

I have never done a fractal, a strike, a raid, or anything that isn't a map meta or the story, really. I think I did WvWvWvWvW many years ago, and some sPvP grinding to get trans charges.

I think I'll make a new character.

jokes
Dec 20, 2012

Uh... Kupo?

Wanna buy that roadrunner mount and turn it into a chocobo

jokes
Dec 20, 2012

Uh... Kupo?

Starting a new character(s) is really fun but now I'm caught up between what class I'd like to play. Warrior is solid and fun, but it'd be kinda cool to have some magic that isn't this:

Maybe sword ranger, even though they got rid of the really cool kick move from years ago?

It's like playing a brand new game!

jokes
Dec 20, 2012

Uh... Kupo?

Are hybrid builds good, or is it severely suboptimal such that im a liability or something? or are SOME okay and most are terrible?

jokes
Dec 20, 2012

Uh... Kupo?

I mean power and condi builds. Like, I want to feel good about abilities that do damage and also have condition damage

jokes
Dec 20, 2012

Uh... Kupo?

Be sure to consider that default mount skins aren't really dyeable (as in, they don't really change much based on what dye you pick) and that pretty much other mount skin will be fully dyeable, so it's worth it to get at least one non-default skin for every mount so you can at least dye them.

jokes
Dec 20, 2012

Uh... Kupo?

I'm saying you can't really fully color them. At best, for the defaults, it's a very slight accent compared to most of the skins where you can turn them full-on bright orange if you want.

jokes
Dec 20, 2012

Uh... Kupo?

Yup, the roadrunner cost me $20 and I immediately thought I'd regret spending that money on a bullshit microtransaction but I'm such a huge FF dork, I just absolutely love my chocobo

jokes
Dec 20, 2012

Uh... Kupo?

Kris xK posted:

Further down that thread

https://twitter.com/Ardenliegh/status/1564672759992565760?s=20&t=iTk5MfIGDSY-XBevZyeXGA

Im brand new but I've seen the store, I can only imagine what that would have cost.

Some people are unfathomably wealthy from playing the money game or by just slowly grinding up poo poo like precursors

jokes
Dec 20, 2012

Uh... Kupo?

I'd rather randomizers give you X "pulls" and you can just pick your favorite 1.

jokes
Dec 20, 2012

Uh... Kupo?

I chose the orca :getin:

jokes
Dec 20, 2012

Uh... Kupo?

404notfound posted:

I went with the Lithosol raptor skin since it's pretty unique and not another eye-blindingly glowy one. If I hadn't already paid full price for it, I would've slam-picked the gyrocycle skin for the beetle

Yeah the gyrocycle would have been my pick too but I really like swimming around on an orca

jokes
Dec 20, 2012

Uh... Kupo?

Inzombiac posted:

Felt like I was neglecting the griffon so I took it to a tall place and launched off getting maximum speed.

It really is a goddamn fighter jet. The Skyscale is sluggish by comparison, even though it's more useful.

Skyscale is a workhorse, Griffon is a luxury toy.

If I can't fly somewhere with the griffon then I shouldn't be flying there.

jokes
Dec 20, 2012

Uh... Kupo?

I think HOT metas are sufficiently rewarding and very fun. Silverwastes especially.

jokes
Dec 20, 2012

Uh... Kupo?

Best use of the shared inventory slot is the copper salvager and the revive orbs. Just so you can actually get rid of them.

Also I cannot believe how bone-headed/rude it is that they only have account-wide build templates. Because, you know, when you make an alt it's usually the same class as your main.

jokes
Dec 20, 2012

Uh... Kupo?

Abroham Lincoln posted:

There's character build templates, you get 3 by default.

You get 2 equipment templates by default as well, and they actually store the gear (so, out of your inventory) which is pretty handy.

The build templates are account wide so if you have 3 guardian builds your warriors don’t get poo poo

jokes
Dec 20, 2012

Uh... Kupo?

I will never forgive them for giving sword warrior a bunch of bleeds and also final thrust

jokes
Dec 20, 2012

Uh... Kupo?

Those are all extremely fun. I like warrior the most out of them, but I'd say guardian is the coolest of the bunch. I'm sure most people would say revenants are great.

jokes
Dec 20, 2012

Uh... Kupo?

Tortolia posted:

Rev and Guardian both have a variety of good options to play as and both can use Celestial gear well so I would look at those. Both of them are also boost candidates due to the leveling experience - Guardian is reportedly kind of slow (I boosted mine, can’t say) and Revenant unlocks its fixed utility skills slowly which puts some people off (i didn’t mind and dual swords Shiro just turns you into a blender when leveling so it was easy imo).

Some classes like guardian and mesmer were slow to level because they didn't have a reliable always-on movement% increase like signet of air. As a consequence, they leveled the slowest. Now that you have a raptor this isn't a problem.

jokes
Dec 20, 2012

Uh... Kupo?

Would anyone be willing to link up with me and sell me a unique companion on GW1? Seems like an easy HoM pip, and I have like 20 platinum (though I don't know how much money things are worth)

e: Oh I could do the black moa chick questline-- should be p easy. I am looking for a destroyer, a tormented, and 2 weapons that would count to the statues, though!

jokes fucked around with this message at 16:26 on Sep 12, 2022

jokes
Dec 20, 2012

Uh... Kupo?

Druid stuff? Fun!

jokes
Dec 20, 2012

Uh... Kupo?

GW2 SPvP is good, dumb, fun. When people (including yourself) care about it and start thinking about it, it's ruined.

jokes
Dec 20, 2012

Uh... Kupo?

GW2's PvP beta was extremely fun because nobody had done any meta-analysis or whatever to determine optimal builds, engineer's turrets were good, and everyone was bad.

jokes
Dec 20, 2012

Uh... Kupo?

The best torch skin in the game is Touch of Madness, a halloween skin. The skin is just your hand .. on fire. The best focus skin is the chimeric focus that comes with 20 HoM points. It's your hand, surrounded by crystals.

jokes
Dec 20, 2012

Uh... Kupo?

Touch of Madness is also like 8g on the TP. I wonder if the .... white one will be similarly cheap.

In any event, halloween events are good value and pretty fun.

jokes
Dec 20, 2012

Uh... Kupo?

Inzombiac posted:

I wish there were more Focus builds that I liked because they get some of the best models.

I like the skull and I like the red crystal

jokes
Dec 20, 2012

Uh... Kupo?

Humerus posted:

Main hand focus on Ele when?
(I know the models can't work with MH but I can dream)

Warrior focus MH/OH, and it's just a bunch of kicks and headbutts, not using the weapons at all. TWO SKULL TIME.

jokes
Dec 20, 2012

Uh... Kupo?

Just bring back the ranger sword-kick and I'll be fine.

jokes
Dec 20, 2012

Uh... Kupo?

You can get dungeon gear from SPvP, alongside a shitload of transmutation charges. Who knows? You might have fun! (Look up a good build to make it easier)

jokes
Dec 20, 2012

Uh... Kupo?

I used to dutifully park all my alts in that little flax farm in VB to farm those 8 flax nodes a day, which at the time gave me a little over a gold every day for like <10m of gathering. I don’t know if flax is still worth money but that was by far the most time-efficient way to farm gold for me.

jokes
Dec 20, 2012

Uh... Kupo?

I decided to actually read the 1-80 personal stories for each of the races and the Sylvari one is pretty rad. I liked the idea that sylvari are good-oriented idiots and have to learn how the world works really, really fast

I never reeeeeeally paid attention, but it seems like the Sylvari are just basically children who believe in chivalry and doing the right thing and all that. They're really trying to be the standard "knights in shining armor" (which is itself a naive concept that was never actually true). The Nightmare Court are also children who decided being good is lame, so they do whatever the exact opposite of being good is. Both are extremely naive idiots; the Nightmare Court's naivete is pretty funny because as sadistic and hosed up as they are, they're still just children playing as the bad guy and not really understanding what they're doing. They're like "my mom wants me to do good in school so I'm going to do bad in school"

Riannoc was really funny too. He's trying to be a do-gooder knight and dies by getting his sword stolen by his squire (a child) while he's under attack by undead, lol. like, what a loving idiot

then you kill the squire (as an adult) and steal the sword back from him.

The human story is extremely boring by all accounts comparatively. Caithe is much cooler than Logan, too.

Gonna do the Norn story next because charr and asura are whatever to me. asura, especially. i probably wont do asura

jokes
Dec 20, 2012

Uh... Kupo?

I really like the Sylvari cultural armor.

jokes
Dec 20, 2012

Uh... Kupo?

People say that basically the elfs of Guild Wars 2 are the humans, but it's absolutely the Sylvari (except they're not ancient). Hard to justify an engineer or a necromancer Sylvari though.

Sylvari are where it's at I might re-make some of my earlier characters and use my *checks notes* 200 tomes of experience (along with a shitload of level skip scrolls) to just skip them to 80. Thanks birthday gifts!

Gonna make some mushroom-head men

jokes
Dec 20, 2012

Uh... Kupo?

Pumped to see how in the world Charr are going to be framed as the good guys.

jokes
Dec 20, 2012

Uh... Kupo?

The charr are not environmentally friendly at all and have an extremely tenuous grasp on OSHA regulations so its hard to vibe with them.

jokes
Dec 20, 2012

Uh... Kupo?

Sword and shield warrior really should be revamped or something because it’s pretty dang basic/not great. I’m gonna always use it, but I hope it’ll be touched in this profession balance update because yikes.

At least make warrior shield 4 quick and instant instead of whatever it is.

jokes
Dec 20, 2012

Uh... Kupo?

Inzombiac posted:

I really regret making my Necro just some dude.

Are character slots still on sale?

I can't imagine playing a necromancer and not giving them the Reaper's Hood.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

jokes
Dec 20, 2012

Uh... Kupo?

The farther along I get into the 1-80 story as a Sylvari, the more I realize that Sylvari is the correct and intended race for the player. Human personal story is stupid bullshit comparatively.

Looking forward to (re-doing) Heart of Thorns, and definitely 100% am going to do the caladbolg collection afterwards.