Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

The developer of Brigador is a secret chud, don't give him money
So some friends got me back into this game after a literal eight nearly nine year span of not playing and I'm planning on making a new character, and I can't decide if I want to make a revenant or a guardian. My interest in Revenant is mostly Vindicator, because the edgy anime class clearly needs to use the anime swords. But basically all of Guardian's elite specs look pretty cool.

I did finish the story for the first time though (I stopped on my original character shortly before I finished it, my gear was bad and I just kind of spent my whole time getting map completion instead) so that was neat.

There are so many new mechanics I have to learn, it's basically an entirely different game now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

Jedah posted:

Your instinct of going Vindicator is a very good one, it's extremely powerful, and will help you power through any PvE content. Revenant as a whole is just strong. Preach, the WoW streamer, played GW2 and cleared end game content with Vindicator.

I like big sword. Back in the olden days I really wanted to get Eternity, now I guess you can craft one through the long legendary crafting thing but I kind of don't want one that bad. Though I guess it has better stats than the exotic I have now. I've only just started learning about legendary crafting! Seems like a hassle.

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

Jedah posted:

That's an awesome long-term goal, Eternity is gorgeous. If you have the Soto expansion, you can access the Wizard's Vault to acquire ascended gear, and pickup an ascended Greatsword. (same stats as a legendary). Zojja (Berserker) stats are selectable out of the box and that's ideal.

If you enjoy big sword and big bursts of damage, you can't go wrong with Vindi. Plus, if you decide you'd like to be top tier group support, Herald could be an alt spec to explore.

I'm incredibly picky on skins and fashion stuff and Eternity is one of a small handful of legendaries I even like the look of, and obviously things I like get priority! I've got a few ascended chests because my wizard thing had filled up. I got Secrets of the Obscure though, I've been hoping for a living world sale or something so I Can catch up on the story I missed in the years since I stopped playing! I've really fallen for the game all over again.

MajorBonnet posted:

The first legendary is a hurdle, but after you do it once you'll find it's not as much of a bother as it seems.

Use gw2efficiency.com to track the steps and what materials you need and it's a breeze.

Yeah my friends got me to sign up for that site, so once I start doing that I'll have to make use of it.

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

404notfound posted:

For the gen 1 greatswords Sunrise, Twilight, and Eternity, make sure you look up videos of the weapons in action, i.e., from a normal camera angle being used during actual gameplay, and not just a video for showing off the weapon. The way that the textures are implemented, your camera angle will dictate the colors you actually see. Here's an old Reddit thread complaining that, with the downward-facing camera that you'll typically be using for 95% of the game, all you get is a brown-orange color with Sunrise: https://www.reddit.com/r/Guildwars2/comments/4mgg4b/i_wish_we_could_flip_the_image_in_sunrise/?rdt=44891

Unfortunately even the in-game preview panel doesn't do a good job, since it's locked to a perfectly horizontal angle that doesn't reflect how you'd actually be playing the game

That's a good point, I've seen plenty of other people with them in-game and they always look cool to me.

EDIT: Today was also a good haul, for me at least, from the new years dailies. I finally got a lucky lantern and like fifteen gold to make up for how much I've been spending on envelopes daily.

Nuebot fucked around with this message at 02:09 on Feb 3, 2024

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

No, I'm getting them from the vendor, the 16 big ones daily which is like a total of 16g spent on those a day, usually I break even selling the junk but today there was profit.

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

orcane posted:

For me, friendship with renown hearts only ended after the 2nd character doing world completion. I really liked them as a change of pace in the first year or so of the game. So as long as you enjoy them, ignore all the instant 80 advice and just take in the views etc.

I used my instant 80's just to free the shared slots in my inventory because those are insanely useful. I genuinely don't mind leveling up in this game and if I had more gems, I'd totally buy a character slot for every class.

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

Meowywitch posted:

oh come on, nobody plays Norn

I accidentally made two. My second character, made during my initial play time, was a norn mesmer.

Then I forgot he existed when I came back and made a norn necromancer. So now my slots are full of every race except human, because I have two hugemans.

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

I feel like that's an issue with a few characters in the early story and living world content, characters who have good voices but don't seem to get much direction so they don't emote particularly well despite clearly having range.

EDIT: So how would I go about gearing up my characters? It seems like everything just kind of wants the same poo poo; Berserker prefixes on basically everything.

Nuebot fucked around with this message at 07:35 on Feb 4, 2024

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

MajorBonnet posted:

For berserker gear specifically, the best option is probably the TP for armor and weapons. You don't want the things named berserker, though.

There is a named armor set for each weight: Zhed's, Nika's, Devona's for light, medium, heavy respectively.

Weapons usually have a similar thing with a named weapon with berserker stats being way cheaper than the Berserker's X.

You can search the TP by stat lines, so you can select power, precision, and ferocity to find gear with the right stats, filter to level 80 and make sure power is the highest number.

Trinkets are weird, exotic trinkets are a worse deal than ascended depending on what you own. If you own living world 3 or 4, you should definitely skip exotic trinkets and farm map currency in those maps to buy ascended trinkets. Laurels are also a good way to get some initial ascended trinkets for core stats like berserker.

This guide lays out everything about gearing in detail and I probably should have just linked it instead of writing all that:
https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/User:Tanetris/So_You_Want_To_Gear_a_Character

Thanks, I barely have any idea what I'm doing so that guide'll help.

LordAdakos posted:

For power builds, most guides suggest min maxing berserkers or berserkers plus assassin stats.

I might suggest not following the meta advice of pure berserkers for power builds (especially if you are new). This stat set leaves you a bit glassy for my tastes. Of course, you could just pay attention and dodge out of red circles, but who has time for that?

My suggestion for newer players focusing on power builds is to find a few trinkets with power and vitality and something else (precision ideally) , (but not toughness because the way toughness works is: the more you have the more enemies want to focus you exclusively as a tank). As you get into the endgame you can replace these with ascended trinkets and by then you will have a better feeling for how all the stats work together, and where you fall on the scale of <--glass cannon--------lazy-->.

Swapping a few trinkets ends up being a slight DPS loss for a bunch of survivability, which I personally like: especially when learning new content.

Oh and if you use a level 80 boost the celestial (all-stat) gear will let you do any content in the game with any build with a metric fuckton of survivability and flexibility and healing and boon and condition duration but you lose some DPS and you'll have less overall offensive stats than a pure berserkers or vipers or assassins set up. Don't feel like you need to replace the celestial gear quickly, is what I'm trying to say.

I'm not necessarily following the meta, but most of the advice for stats I'm seeing tend to just bring up the same handful of terms each time. For example, on my reaper I'm still not sure if I want to focus on conditions or damage. Right now I'm going with a screwy half sword half minion set up because I really like the reaper minions and I enjoy the condition stuff. I'm basically invincible even if I don't kill everything super fast. So the few people I actively talk to about this game just tell me either berserker's or viper's.

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

an iksar marauder posted:

Scrapper is super durable and fast as well, you get barrier by dealing damage

Scrapper was the first elite spec I picked up on my engineer! I mostly just really like the flamethrower and its abilities make it really easy to make my flamethrower go faster and do more damage.

EDIT: so I don't fully understand one thing; are they removing legendary runes to be replaced with legendary relics? If that's the case, why? The runes seem really cool while as far as I can tell, the relics we have no seem kind of mediocre.

Nuebot fucked around with this message at 10:02 on Feb 5, 2024

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

Nektu posted:

The zhaitan fight always was hot garbage. The good news is that they learned a LOT about how to make boss fights and dynamics events more interesting.

The quality of the expansion content is (mostly) a lot higher than the base game.

It's also a lot less chill though. Going through the jungle or the desert is almost exhausting with how dense enemy population is and how aggro they are all the time. Especially the desert.

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

Syenite posted:

Orr was absolute hell without mounts, I think they even nerfed some of the enemies eventually iirc lol. Constant CC from every zombie within half a mile.

I've been doing orr stuff a lot lately due to a combination of finishing the story and the meta vendor there being the only guy I can buy obsidian shards from in any appreciable number due to mastery restrictions at the moment (my friends want me to get my first legendary rune asap just so I can get the relic) and I actually don't find it that bad, though a raptor does help. Meanwhile going through both Maguma and the Crystal Desert you'll find a lot of rude dudes that just dismount you and swarm you.

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

Meskhenet posted:

you can buy obsidian shard with karma in orr for karma

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Obsidian_Shard

Yeah that's the dude I was talking about. You have to do like four bigish events so he can spawn. I have plenty of karma at least, buying all those obsidian shards finally put me below 500k

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

nesamdoom posted:

I buy shards with unbound magic. I don't mind spacing out and doing bitterfrost runs with 6 characters a day. using the unbound gathering tool it pays out pretty well. pretty easy thing to do for 50-60 shards a day.

But, like everything in the game, it's whatever works for the person doing the work.

I don't know what any of these words mean

orcane posted:

they're discounted right now aren't they

I'm helping :v:

Character slots are discounted? I may be about to make mistakes.

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

nesamdoom posted:

Living World season 3 has an episode in Bitterfrost Frontier. there's an easy gathering path for Winterberries that can be used to get a currency that buys obsidian shards pretty easy.

I see, we've just started on living world season 1 so I'll get there eventually!

Jedah posted:

Understandable, there's a lot of obscure and esoteric systems, jargon, game knowledge, and none of it is super well explained in-game, it's one of my major critiques of GW2. Luckily, the GW2 wiki is an amazing resource. That Obsidian Shard wiki link earlier is the place to start.

When in doubt, always check the wiki. You might even say the game is structured around using it. I don't think I'd have learned the majority of the game without using the wiki.

I spend so much time on this game's wiki and I still don't know half the things. Half the time I play I open the wiki page for the class I'm playing because I don't even know all of my abilities yet. Maybe I'm just stupid.

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

StrixNebulosa posted:

Going from necromancer with a staff and minions to a reaper who is all about hitting you with her greatsword as hard as possible is fascinating because I love the DPS but suddenly anything ranged is a nightmare, and the Mouth of evil zombie dragon was a real annoying fight to get through as he stunned a bunch, did ranged damage, and my NPC buddies weren't very good.

I'm going greatsword minions for mine and I'm having a blast. My biggest issue is that I can't like, tell where the right range for hitting dudes is yet, so I'll frequently just whiff my attack and stand there pressing buttons and doing nothing while my dudes mob the enemy. But also I'm basically invincible.

My second set is axe and warhorn because I really like the warhorn attacks, that one AOE cone thing it does just obliterates defiance bars and it's really fun. I'm looking forward to unlocking that other spec and getting main pistols so I can go guns and horns when I don't feel like swording dudes.

StrixNebulosa posted:

Far as I can tell, servers do not matter for guilds at all, not even for WvW anymore. Pick wherever, then find your goon guild and hop in!

It *does* matter if you're on an EU server vs. US server. When I came back I was on an EU server and my friends were on the US server and we couldn't play together at all so I just forked over the gems to swap.

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

nesamdoom posted:

Get right on them. You already know you're going to live forever. Best part of greatsword is everything near you gets the damage.

I switch back and forth between greatsword and staff. Staff is a great way to hit on approach then swap and pile damage on.
It's nice to bail out and spam off before shroud and then use 2 to dive back at them.

My most other class is ranged so I'm still struggling against the impulse to just stand at a distance is all. I also need to work in weapon swapping if just because I've got those like, sigil things that give me bonuses if I swap in and out. I'm really enjoying reaper though. I've decided to go with Viper over Berserker on impulse and don't regret it at all.

At least until I look over that wiki page a while back that showcases how much harder it is to get viper gear than berserker gear.

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

Reoxygenation posted:

It's very dumb but I believe it's because they want people to interact with that expansion's content to get the stuff. Which I do think is stupid, and honestly just highlights how many useless stat combinations there are in the game... I don't think they should cull everything, but man, if you're running a condition build, you have absolutely no option BUT viper or celestial because of how dummy good expertise is :v:

They're also available from PVP. On the wiki it's like "here's a list of things that are huge pains in the rear end to do or you can only do once ever to get these items: also you can get them from PVP"

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

Does anyone have any particularly fun build ideas for engineer? I've got reaper in a really fun place so I want to get other characters into similarly fun places rather than just copying a meta build. My current engineer is a scrapper that relies on the flamethrower because I think that's really fun, and I buff myself with gyros to basically have perpetual super speed, quickness and might while just watching the number get very big. But it does leave something to be desired in terms of survivability, conditions just rip it apart. I was doing the claw of jormag event earlier and just instantly went down any time I got so much as looked at by the sniper dudes.

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

Ineptitude posted:

There is a new scrapper OW meta that is apparently very strong, permanent protection amongst other things. Maybe worth trying if you enjoy scrapper, if survivability is one of your concerns?

OW? I might check it out, though.

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

It's absolutely crazy how powerful reaper feels compared to any other class I have. With reaper I can comfortably solo any of the hero point challenges I come across without issue, my revenant can't down most of the HoT fights.

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

whydirt posted:

What Rev build?

Right now I'm tooling around with assassin and dwarf stances and am still really feeling it out while I gather the hero points to get vindicator since I have my heart set on that.

Mr. Neutron posted:

I regret to inform you you are doing revenant wrong then :v:

Well that's good to hear then, how do I do it right. I kind of felt like I just didn't get the class somehow and would really like to.

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

MajorBonnet posted:

You shouldn't need the mastery for that. Pretty much every class has some go fast buttons, plus you can pick up a speed boon from NPCs in Divinity's Reach that stacks with swiftness and lasts 5 minutes, and you can also use a speed booster. If you don't have a speed booster, but do have combat, armor, or rejuvenation boosters, you can trade those to an NPC for a generic booster that lets you pick the speed booster.

Speed NPCs: https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Speed_boons

Generic Booster: https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Enchanted_Combat_Boost

If you're trying on a particular class, we can probably recommend some ways to go fast.

I cheesed the on-foot one using my engineer super speed build and chugged the go fast swiftness juice constantly and managed to come in with like half a second to spare, I only had the basic pact mastery myself.

Catgirl Al Capone posted:

core rev with shiro/jalis is totally usable. when you're up against tougher enemies you really gotta take advantage of all the damage reduction on jalis though.

I should probably use jalis more, because it feels like the life steal on Shiro's healing skill is absolutely nothing. Once I get around to getting all the hero points I need I plan to grab vindicator and see if that's more my speed though.

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

the dragon ball daily festival achievements are lame. Every match I've played today has started with my team having two players, and the enemy team having four and neither of us good enough to overcome that disparity.

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

StrixNebulosa posted:

Oh jeez, this is a bummer. I'm at the final base game story quest (Victory or Death) and I've been getting to know and like Trahearne - he's no Tybalt, but he's cool.

And I'm expecting a big finale with my allies and a confrontation and...

wait why are these clowns here, hi destiny's edge, why should I care about you when you've spent the entire time off throwing tantrums instead of fighting with the pact?

e: and it's a fetch quest! It's always a fetch quest but jeez

e2: okay I really enjoy GW2 and some of the main story storytelling has been really good, but that final mission was a whiff on multiple fronts and kind of a perfect example of what the game gets wrong in the base game wrt storytelling.

- weird time gaps where things happen off-screen that you aren't involved in that feel like they come out of nowhere (e.g. the new airship and super cannon we used)
- character development for characters you don't care about (this is a destiny's edge problem)
- everyone celebrates you even though you didn't really do anything? i just stood around while the NPCs saved the day

idk this isn't a deep review or anything, I'm just disappointed, and faintly annoyed because I had to spend like 500 minutes waiting for the dragons to quit flying in circles and become targets so I could engage with gameplay.

I had a similar feeling while going through it with my friends. "Why the gently caress are these clowns here? Aren't they most famous for not killing a dragon and getting tons of people killed?" I think the intent was that they didn't want every player character to be the chosen one like how FFXIV has the player character be a unique special being within the universe, which makes it weird when there's thousands of you. But in the end it makes the narrative kind of weird because you're just escorting the real main characters around.

Meowywitch posted:

I don't think the Zhaitan battle has changed in any real significant way in ten years (aka its always been awful)

They should make a new one. Not to like, replace the story fight; but just as a cool boss people can do. It's really funny seeing that image of dragon size comparisons on the wiki and Zhaitan is like, a fourth the size of the other elder dragons too.

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

"There's only two snipers on that ledge, I can take them" then five more come out of stealth and kill me.

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

I think I have HoT Stockholm syndrome. I constantly do the big metas every day, hunt treasure mushrooms and I've gotten most of the masteries mastered now. Soon I'll have my stupid reaper great sword too, I just need like a thousand airship parts because that's the one currency I'm not swimming in because I just don't like that map very much and never really do the meta on it because it's too spread out and I'm lazy.

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

I'm easily confused and having to go to like five different points on the map and ride helicopters is a lot of work for me.

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

tarbrush posted:

Once you get some alts, parking one on the matriarch platform is a great source of airship parts, bladed armour and amalgamated gemstones for two minutes a day effort

What's the matriarch? I'll happily do that.

nesamdoom posted:

VB is one map I only go to for HP trains, but it's a crazy good map to swarm through with people and pretty quickly cover the whole map. It's super easy for alts, but I'll do it on main just to grab loot while helping everyone get stuff fast. HoT trains are pretty much just fun. There's also a thing that will let you convert leyline and aurillian stuff into airship parts, at a pretty poo poo ratio, and it's only once a day

Have you gone past HoT in expacs? What great sword are you trying to get?

A:https://wiki.guildwars2.com/index.php?title=Ley-Energy_Matter_Converter

Story-wise no, content-wise I've been everywhere because I keep getting dailies to do stuff in expansion areas and so I've been exploring the zones. The sword in question is literally just the reaper's specialization collection ascended sword. I really like collections, they satisfy that part of my brain that likes filling out the pokedex.

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

I always forget the wiki has those super useful meta timers! I'll have to get on that though, thanks.

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

Jedah posted:

It's so funny how folks are just wired differently, and to each their own.

To me, collections are a chore and I struggle with them. The collection for my Skyscale and other mounts was about my limit. I don't have any legendary gear and may not ever go for it. Maybe to make one or two cool specialty items like the Nevermore staff, just because it's so dang cool and unique. But I'd rather crawl over hot coals then do jumping puzzles to obtain a legendary, that's a hard no, maybe I'd bribe a Mesmer to help me teleport, but still, eh.

Full ascended gear is honestly great. You can change the stats on it, and it's very obtainable, and it's not particularly difficult to craft if you have a few different characters with maxed crafting.

I think most of the legendary items look like rear end, but I guess I could just skin them. I'm glad the new update is going to add legendary armour I won't have to WVW to get, one day.

Cool Dad posted:

I saw the legendary rune thing and was going to go do that and then I looked at what I would need and how much gold I have and lol that is not going to happen.

The most expensive part is the charms, IIRC. The rest of it isn't that hard to get or grind, just tedious as hell.

EDIT: machined greatsword attained, just three more items left for my first ascended item. And two of them just require doing some easy events in low level areas, one wants exalted gathering.

Nuebot fucked around with this message at 06:37 on Feb 14, 2024

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

gandlethorpe posted:

LNY is kind of a low key festival. For better or worse. There's not that much to do (in terms of variety), but also not that much to do (in terms of getting rewards). I'm not really complaining since it happens so soon after Wintersday.

The requirements for the new weekly rewards are BS though. I'm glad I don't like the skins.

Some of the skins are alright but they're free exotics to flush down the toilet hoping for some thing cool.

It's never something cool.

Anyway I finally unlocked vindicator and it already feels a lot better, so that's neat.

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

whydirt posted:

I love my Cele Vindicator so much. She’s an unkillable flying ball of death and support.

I assume cele in this case means celestial? That's the gear mine's in right now, incidentally. I might stick with it since I have other characters I'm gearing up in berserker stuff. Figuring out rotation and stuff is next on the table.

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

whydirt posted:

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?PmwAUlflZGTIhs08CKodGXRFN06SKppGZgBuyISIhn1kfsF-DyIY1o+vI6pCk/BAAA-e

The build is very very flexible.

Traits: The only required traits are the ones in Vindicator. You can swap out of Salvation and into Corruption or Devastation if you're doing easier content and want more DPS over max sustain.

Weapons: Literally every weapon can be used for this build depending on your playstyle. Shortbow is a great general option due to its range, piercing, and cleave. Hammer is probably the least useful weapon, but there are times where the extra range could be nice.

Runes/Sigils/Relics: The Sigils of Stamina are amazing at keeping your energy bar full for dodges. I left the second Sigil slot open since it can used for more group support with Water or more for damage with something like Force/Air/Earth/Whatever. Just use budget options because none of the super expensive sigils will add that much over cheap alternatives. I like Traveler runes for consistent movespeed and extra boon duration, but feel free to use whatever. Relic is similar where you can use whatever you've got lying around based on your needs and playstyle.

Legends: You always want Alliance stance, but your secondary legend can be any of the others depending on whether you want more DPS (Mallyx/Shiro), utility (Deldrimore), or healing (Centaur). I suggest trying them all and figuring out which ones you like the best.

Gear Prefixes: You don't need 100% celestial pieces, but I'd aim for at least 50% cele gear for the boon duration and tankiness. You can lean into power damage (Berserker, Marauder, or Dragon prefixes) or condi damage (Viper, Grieving, Carrion, or Sinister). I don't think Trailblazers offers much over Cele if you want more tank, so I'd personally stay away from it unless you've already got pieces from another build and want to stay cheap. If you lean toward power, I'd keep a Sword/Sword or Greatsword as my second weapon. For condi, you're likely wanting Mace/Axe.

Boons: You will have permanent Protection, Quickness, Fury, Vigor, and max Might just from your the skills and traits here, so don't go out of your way to get more of these. Remember that your leap extends the duration of all boons you currently have, so it doesn't take much to keep up boons you get from allies during big events.

Skills in Play: Scavenger Burst on your Luxon (red bar) stance is your most important utility skill and should be used off of cooldown basically at all times to keep up your quickness and your energy. You have access to multiple short-cooldown stun breaks/stability skills as well which means even hits you don't dodge won't push you around during meta champs/bosses. I camp Luxon stance about 75% of the time and swap into Kurzick stance (blue bar) or my 2nd legend the rest of the time. I only leave shortbow if I need extra CC against a breakbar and have used all my primary options.

Hope this helps!

This is basically exactly the kind of build I wanted and was trying to figure out for myself, thanks!

Inzombiac posted:

I am a FOOL.

Once again lured by the siren's song of discounted keys, I bought 25. In chat I exclaimed that it felt like BL keys are weighted heavily towards warhorns and foci since those are the least-used weapons.

I got two of each and nothing else!!!

Long ago I learned keys are sometimes food. I don't think I've ever gotten a single uncommon drop from a chest with a normal key.

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

ghost story posted:

I cannot stress enough this Lion's Arch 2.0 is a travesty and the tour guide (https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Tour_Guide) is right to complain about it.

The new lion's arch is weird and bad. Why is it so big, flat, and empty?

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

Tambaloneus posted:

I wonder if they were going to do more of the world activities there instead of just using divinity reach for literally everything ever?

I wish because I hate divinity reach.

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

StrixNebulosa posted:

OK that's very funny.

... is there no way to visit the old Lion's Arch?

In story quests you do

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

Meowywitch posted:

I cannot properly see the Lion's butthole from that screenshot

I demand to see the butthole cut

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

StrixNebulosa posted:

VICTORY

FINALLY got my dragon hat!

Grats! I helped someone get their on foot race cheevo like yesterday. The dragon hat is great.

EDIT:

I did it, my first ascended item

Turns out it could only pick from three affixes, so I just bought an ascended weapon chest from my wizard vault and spent 10 spirit crystals to convert that to a viper's weapon for my reaper. That was a lot less time consuming.

Nuebot fucked around with this message at 13:41 on Feb 18, 2024

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

I wish the game would stop giving me stupid dailies and weeklies that are too tedious to even bother doing. I want more wizard vault rewards but I'm also lazy.