Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

whydirt
Apr 18, 2001

Gaz Posting Brigade :c00lbert:
Wait do people still do Edge of the Mists? Ever since the change to reward tracks and pips it’s always been dead when I’ve peeked in there.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

whydirt
Apr 18, 2001

They’re gone because the Engineer used them to build their mech

whydirt
Apr 18, 2001

Bird raptor best raptor

whydirt
Apr 18, 2001

explosivo posted:

Is the Skyscale obtainable without having to buy access to a previous season's content? Is it something I can/should go out of my way to stop what I'm doing in HoT now and go do asap?

You need all of Season 4 to get Skyscale. I waited to get it until I finished PoF and the story content of LS4, but I also had gotten the Griffon so I had some access to flight already.

whydirt
Apr 18, 2001

Server doesn’t matter for PvE, so they could have been from anywhere

whydirt
Apr 18, 2001

Short term: No, you can get by with drops, vendors, and the trading post

Long term: You’ll likely want one weapon craft to 500 because it’s needed for components for various collections

whydirt
Apr 18, 2001

I’m sad that we never got the final GW1 Beyond chapter for Nightfall where we’d see the rise of Joko

whydirt
Apr 18, 2001

The ruins of Raisu Palace look to be one of the next LS maps.

It would be cool to see more done with Luxons, Kurzick, or Tengu, but I’m not holding my breath

whydirt
Apr 18, 2001

LS2 has the hardest story instances in the game, so if that’s where you’re feeling stuck you’re not alone.

whydirt
Apr 18, 2001

Mount booster is the best sensory array. Gotta go fast!

whydirt
Apr 18, 2001

Revenant would be my recommendation just because all three elite specs are viable and can be played tanky similar to your reaper and mirage

whydirt
Apr 18, 2001

I also don’t like excessive weapon/legend swapping, but with how Rev energy works you’re not using all of your available skills so it’s easier mentally/physically to fit swaps into your rotation

whydirt
Apr 18, 2001

Also trait lines came bundled with base stats

whydirt
Apr 18, 2001

Focus is the only land weapon not tied to an elite specialization :smith:

whydirt
Apr 18, 2001

CODChimera posted:

the jade bot upgrades being character specific hurts

It’s a very weird design decision given how much the game (and gaming in general) has moved toward account-based mechanics.

Having to go to a work bench to swap stuff out is also very weird. Just let me do it out of combat like literally everything else in the game.

whydirt
Apr 18, 2001

Also you don’t need ascended gear unless you’re doing high-end fractals.

Exotic tier (dark orange border) is perfectly acceptable.

whydirt
Apr 18, 2001

There are so many efficient daily tasks and good places to park alts for chests/harvesting now that I don’t think buying home nodes pays off relative to doing other profitable tasks.

The “days to pay off” stat doesn’t factor in the opportunity cost of your time spent harvesting.

If you enjoy doing the daily home instance I won’t talk you out of it, but from an investment standpoint they’re definitely not worth it.

whydirt
Apr 18, 2001

jokes posted:

Pumped to see how in the world Charr are going to be framed as the good guys.

Humans are Russia and Charr are Ukraine

whydirt
Apr 18, 2001

You should meet my mechanist: Roses and Guns (and her mech Slash)

whydirt
Apr 18, 2001

lol underboob

whydirt
Apr 18, 2001

New LA also fails at being a player hub because anet had to milk whales with all the cash shop QoL zone passes

whydirt
Apr 18, 2001

I was getting ready to try scrapper because I knew mechanist was getting nerfed sooner than later, but changing the wells has me bummed out

whydirt
Apr 18, 2001

You can’t wait out core mechanic changes to a spec if those are why you were interested. Whether or not a spec is “viable” in terms of raid benchmarks has nothing to do with whether it’s fun.

I already play Necro, Renegade, and Guardian and heavily use ranged AoEs in all of them. The appeal of Scrapper was for a different playstyle. If anet goes through with the gyro changes I’ll lose a good chunk of my interest in trying it out.

whydirt
Apr 18, 2001

Silverwastes is a popular zone because it’s the most lucrative map meta that F2P/core players have access to.

It’s a fun map, especially now with mounts and player power creep. It’s also not on a set schedule so you can hop in and out easily.

whydirt
Apr 18, 2001

WvW builds depend heavily on what you’re wanting to do in the game mode. Flipping camps for easy reward tracks, roaming for solo/small fights, and being in a large squad are all very different.

whydirt
Apr 18, 2001

Unless you’re on a brand new account and need some Magic Find from luck or ecto for crafting, I’d just sell your unid unopened.

whydirt
Apr 18, 2001

It’s not too bad especially if you have a decent amount of mats in storage and use crafting XP boosts from your guild and consumables.

Like 20-30g, I think? And that’s without selling/salvaging/researching the results

whydirt
Apr 18, 2001

*does WvW to earn Gifts of Battle for legendaries so I won’t need to spend transmutation charges

*earns more transmutation charges in WvW than I can use*

whydirt
Apr 18, 2001

Birthday Boosters are amazing for WvW

whydirt
Apr 18, 2001

Everyone gets a raptor now so cutting ahead is less important

whydirt
Apr 18, 2001

The new LS1 strike could just give out core ascended/legendary mats. Never unhappy to get more coins, clovers, etc.

whydirt
Apr 18, 2001

Uh you got scammed

whydirt
Apr 18, 2001

The easiest way to get HoT HP is to do WvW

whydirt
Apr 18, 2001

I can’t see them doing anything more for S1. They could do one for S5, but I think you’re gonna be waiting until 2024 for the end of that season to make it even if they do it.

whydirt
Apr 18, 2001

HoT is also much easier and fun once you have more mounts and can avoid most fights while traveling.

whydirt
Apr 18, 2001

Just like gremlins, asura have no sense of right and wrong

whydirt
Apr 18, 2001

Power is great and cheap to build. On my phone so I can’t look at my full traits but I’m pretty sure it’s Firearms + Explosives and picking the ones with the most damage boost for each option.

Dragon prefix weapons from EoD are often cheaper than zerker on the TP if you’re especially tight on budget.

whydirt
Apr 18, 2001

If you're wanting to stick to the story in order, I think Raptor + Springer + Glider (with respective masteries as you can level them) is great mobility for HoT zones and you can wait for the rest of the PoF ones. Skimmer and Jackal are both useful but aren't worth going out of your way to do Heart of Thorns content.

whydirt
Apr 18, 2001

Something to keep in mind is that especially for open world stuff, a lot of your earnings come in the form of materials. So if gold is your bottleneck toward hitting a goal, don't be afraid to sell off mats from your storage.

You can use your account API to find out what all your random stuff is worth using https://gw2efficiency.com/

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

whydirt
Apr 18, 2001

You can also swap to mace/shield for extra defense since you have lots of barrier and high regeneration uptime. Even though it’s technically a condi weapon you deal plenty of dmg with pure power.