Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

El Fideo
Jun 10, 2016

I trusted a rhino and deserve all that came to me

Sylvari Necromancers represent. I Am A Hu Mann is here to learn your fleshy ways.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

El Fideo
Jun 10, 2016

The Charr don't get enough love.

Bonus pic of a character type that is very nearly at the bottom of the popularity list, the male Norn Mesmer:

El Fideo
Jun 10, 2016

https://gw2crafts.net/

Honestly not that bad.

El Fideo
Jun 10, 2016

Since I got onto tier 2 fractals last week, I've got ascended rings falling out my rear end. What do I do with them aside from wearing?

El Fideo
Jun 10, 2016

Oh it's a steam key? That's...more effort than I was planning to go through.

El Fideo
Jun 10, 2016

The second time, yes. The first time it gave me a steam key, which turns out to be for a game called Gato Roboto?

El Fideo
Jun 10, 2016

After a several year hiatus, I returned to the game with the ten year anniversary stuff. I've been focused on getting my Engineer her mechanist skills and ascended gear for high level fractals, and that's been fun. I think I want to get into raids next. I've got Mesmer, a Guardian, and a Ranger all at level 80. Which of these would you recommend for a good support build?

Edit: Also, is there any build that recreates the feel of the Guild Wars 1 Mesmer? Where you're putting debuffs onto your enemies that punish them for taking actions? That level of control was the poo poo.

El Fideo fucked around with this message at 20:42 on Oct 30, 2022

El Fideo
Jun 10, 2016

UNRELATED QUESTION:

Which shield looks the best with Guardian's Aegis slapped on top of it?

El Fideo
Jun 10, 2016

Ra Ra Rasputin posted:

It's more Sylvari themed, but aegis blends in well with the warden shield.

God isn't the wiki just so classy?

El Fideo
Jun 10, 2016

fast cars loose anus posted:

yes i was pleased to notice an entire other tree dedicated to making my minions and myself beefier at level 21

I guess they're more wheels than trees in this game

The stuff in the wheel turns into a tree when you go to the Builds panel, that's where you make them active.

El Fideo
Jun 10, 2016

So I've done Dragonstorm twice now. The first time I got an ascended chainsaw great sword, and the second I got this exotic focus with a lot of smoke and lightning particles, which sells for about 15 gold. Is it always this good?

El Fideo
Jun 10, 2016

Are they good changes? I just got all the hero points for my healer firebrand yesterday.

El Fideo
Jun 10, 2016

Meskhenet posted:

T3 is fine until its not.

Youll know when that is.

feel free to bail at any time

For me it was the guy writing "150 AR and no brains" in the chat.

Though to be fair, the rest of the group also voted to kick him.

El Fideo
Jun 10, 2016

What are the chances we get character slots going on sale? I want to be able to have one of each profession.

El Fideo
Jun 10, 2016

I like unlocking stuff a whole bunch, but I have to agree. An elite spec basically doesn't do anything until you've done the whole thing.

El Fideo
Jun 10, 2016

And expansions have to be bought with real money, but living world content can be bought with in-game currency.

El Fideo
Jun 10, 2016

..btt posted:

It's probably not a popular opinion here, but I'd skip levelling altogether even on your first character, assuming you have a level 80 boost from buying an expansion. Levelling is more or less vestigal in this game. You can do all the same content you'd do while levelling, normalised, at max level and get account progress instead of "useless" character experience, as well as gaining access to elite specs, which can drastically change how your character plays. The core game is so ridiculously easy you're not really going to learn anything from levelling up, except maybe bad habits that will get you killed in the expansion content.

Not that you need to be in a rush to do anything though, there's no vertical progression in this game, so you won't ever get left behind.

You know what? I mostly agree with this, but I'll say you should get to about level 25 with your first character and then hit the boost to 80. That's just enough to see how core skills go together without a whole bunch of other stuff vying for your attention before you turn on the firehose, and it will take very very little time.

El Fideo
Jun 10, 2016

Also, the lack of mounts is also why there are so many waaypoints?

El Fideo
Jun 10, 2016

Nektu posted:

You can play it right now, they brought it back.

Scarlet IS annoying, people are correct.

The joker and poison ivy, together at last!

El Fideo
Jun 10, 2016

Is anyone else having full sets of exotic PVP gear randomly appearing in their inventory?

El Fideo
Jun 10, 2016

I just made my first legendary! It made sense to me to do Ad Infinitum, since I enjoy fractals anyway, and back items seem to be the hardest to get. IT definitely took a couple months and a ton of gold. The nice thing is that the community is really supportive. I could pretty easily get on LFG and have a group in a couple minutes willing to do whatever random fractals I needed. So my advice is, find a legendary that matches the content you already like doing, and go about it piece by piece. Find out if there are any time-sensitive aspects, and get those started. It really does add up once it really gets rolling.

El Fideo
Jun 10, 2016

Go for it! I can't speak for the others, but as far as Ad Infinitum goes, there's not much that's actually difficult, there's just a lot to do. There are a few things you'll want to make sure you have a decent stockpile of:

Fractal Relics
Stabilising Matrices
Fractal Research Pages
Clovers

If you've been doing fractals, you've been getting tons of relics, matrices and pages. I'd sold most of the matrices for cash, which I don't ultimately regret, but it did set me back. Clovers are tough to get. I was lucky enough that I got to the last day of my login rewards cycle the day before I started the final tier of Ad Inf, so I picked clovers for that one. You're also going to need a lot of gold. You could probably farm everything needed, but I tend to be very easy-come-easy-go on the inventory. not big on stockpiling. I think on the last day, when I was just crafting the Gifts needed to forge the thing, I spent over 90 gold. Luckily, doing Ad Inf means you're doing fractals a lot, and getting a poo poo ton of gold.

The next thing I churned through was the Spinal Blades backpack, which honestly was on more of a drip feed than Ad Inf.

El Fideo
Jun 10, 2016

You should just do what I did and play one character a whole ton till you've got enough gold to buy the gems to get the character slots so that you can have one of each profession, then never play those other characters!

Bosh, so simple.

El Fideo
Jun 10, 2016

There are like 3 daily groups for triple trouble.

El Fideo
Jun 10, 2016

Malpais Legate posted:

The easiest way to get the tail dodge achievement is to get the mastery that makes the Skimmer dodge while hovering, and then just sit behind Teq hovering for long periods.

...Interesting! Does that also work for the Dragonstorm dodge achievements?

El Fideo
Jun 10, 2016

Back when there were no elite specs, I had a lot of fun with the greatsword Mesmer. Use your giant sword to:

Shoot a laser!
Throw it at an enemy, and have it bounce and hit some other fucker!
Stab it into the ground, and have it stab up through the ground at someone way over there!
Throw it again! This time when it hits someone, it turns into another you, who spins around stabbing people!
Swing it so hard a big wind blows people away!

El Fideo
Jun 10, 2016

Oh great, now I need to find a cool purple rifle.

El Fideo
Jun 10, 2016

Just go to the pvp lobby and the gear will vanish.

El Fideo
Jun 10, 2016

whydirt posted:

Also the boon/condition/other effects UI needs serious overhaul

I can't figure out what half the effects on me do because when I mouse over them to read, they keep shifting away when another effect ends. That's awful.

El Fideo
Jun 10, 2016

Demon_Corsair posted:

I can't help you about the skins, but I can't recommend the radial mount mod enough. Only one hotkey you need to remember.

Was there a link posted to this mod that I missed?

El Fideo
Jun 10, 2016

Why does BlishHud want my API key if the pathing module isn't going to keep track of which Sky Crystals I've already collected?

El Fideo
Jun 10, 2016

Maybe WvW is good if you have a mount to get around on, but jesus christ it's tedious on foot.

El Fideo
Jun 10, 2016

I figure that by the time I work my way through Baldur's Gate 3, this will be settled down a bit.

El Fideo
Jun 10, 2016

The meta way to get kralkatite is parking your alts by chests in Bjora, as well as do Dragonstorm and Drakkar. Then you exchange the eternal ice at the karma merchant, under the Glittering Stones From Afar tab.

El Fideo
Jun 10, 2016

gandlethorpe posted:

A bunch of lounge passes are 20% off right now. Anyone have the Thousand Seas one?

I have Mistlock, but I've slowly stopped using it since getting addicted to Jade Bot buffs. Porting to Mistlock removes them. Does Thousand Seas do the same?

I know you can fish there, which is pretty neat.

I'm not 100 percent certain, because I'm not addicted to the bot buffs, but I thiiiink that was one of the pros I read last year when I was deciding which pass to buy? It does have a jade bot work bench...

El Fideo
Jun 10, 2016

nesamdoom posted:

I'm sorry if it was covered in hundreds of pages, but is there like a good way to do jump puzzles? I absolutely lose my poo poo on camera and controls on them. I might be better off with a chicklet keyboard on the laptop and not using a mech? I think action cam works a lot better, but it's still work to see where I'm jumping.

I'm pretty sure I suck at jump puzzles, but is there something to make them a bit less horrible?

I've toughed my way through everything but the ember bay one, of the ones I've seen.

My secret sauce for jumping puzzles? The recharging teleport to friend item.

El Fideo
Jun 10, 2016

Okay, maybe? But here's the only response to that I need: gently caress raiding.

El Fideo
Jun 10, 2016

Hot drat I'm glad I got them while they were 1.4 gold each

El Fideo
Jun 10, 2016

The Wizard's Vault cosmetics this time around are sick, bro

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

El Fideo
Jun 10, 2016

Would it be worth it to get PoF/HoT for $7.50 just to have an alt account for more dailies?