Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Meeko
Sep 15, 2017

That's right! I'm the counting sheep, Meeko. And I'm a proper sheep youkai!

wrote up some words on Power Vindicator for someone else so might as well post it here. Easy mode raid/fractal/strike spec for revenant. you must look at my touhou inspired revenant as the tax for the writeup. build shamelessly stolen from mr mystic but i'm saving you having to watch a video.

this is not the build you play because you want to do the top 0.1% of DPS, but you aren't playing revenant in the first place for top 0.1% dps. this is a easy build with a bigass sword, a dragoon jump, and cool ghost magic powers, and you play it because you want to be in melee but also want a low intensity, easy build like mecahnist.

this is not a open world build but it'll probably work fine there.

ingame build code: [&DQkDPg82RR3cEdwRBhIGEisSKxLUEdQRyhHKEQIDAwQGEisS1BEAAAAAAAA=] pasting it might not work because revenant build codes have been buggy fuckin forever so there's a image above too.
gear: full berserker's
weapon: greatsword. you can technically do sword/sword too for a damage loss but the lack of greatsword 4 really sucks.
runes: eagle because i'm bad but scholar is also a option
sigils: force & air. you can also do force & impact but impact's like, 4 fuckin more gold for barely a dps increase.
food: +100 power/+70 ferocity or budget alternatives. you just want power and ferocity from your food because you're naturally crit capped. or birthday cakes i guess if you're cheap like me.
utility: superior sharpening stones or whatever's cheap and power & feroctiy.

basic gameplay loop is dodge whenever you're at full dodge juice and the boss in about to move. use upkeep skills (vengeful hammers and impossible odds) whenever in melee range. you work off a priority system of dodge > greatsword 5 (Eternity's Requiem) > greatsword 3 (Phantom's Onslaught) (throw in some greatsword 2s (Mist Unleashed) if you feel spicy.). you can just spam 2 instead of 3 if dashing would kill your rear end or be risky. Swap legends when you're at <5% energy.

you can start in jalis to be optimal and prioritzie jalis during downtime but snzzzz.

greatsword 3 (Phantom's Onslaught), Jalis's Forced Engagement are your main CC buttons. Jalis's Inspiring Reinforcement is stability if you ever need that. Shiro's Jade Winds is also a CC but it's a last resort as it costs a shitton of energy.

Greatsword 4 (Imperial Guard) serves as your dodge, effectively. it lasts for 2 seconds so it's as good as a double dodge. Make sure to do the follow up (true strike) for some extra damage if you need to use it. If you're not used to a fight, you can swap at around 10 energy to make sure you always have enough in the tank for imperial dodge. If you ever need even more dodging, remember that you can spend 20 energy with your f2 (Energy Meld) for 50 out of 100 juice you need to dodge, and Shiro's Riposting Shadows is a evade that also stun breaks and gives 25 dodge juice (whilst cleansing immob chill and cripple).

If you're stuck in Jalis and still need more Not Dying, his Forced Engagement reduces the damage you take by 33% from a single target, and Rite of the Great Dwarf is a panic button for 50% less strike damage taken (wont do poo poo against condis). You're also taking 20% less damage at all times with Vengeful Hammers up. Finally, Soothing Stone cleanses 5 conditions on top of the heal and 5 seconds of Resolution so it can be worth panic swapping to Jalis early even if you're not out of energy if you're about to die.

Remember that Shiro's Impossible Odds makes you 50% faster. This combined with Greatsword 3 (Phantom's Onslaught) can really let you zoom and haul rear end when need be, with Shiro's Phase Traversal for a 1200 range shadowstep to a target.

if that's all still too much for you because you've got a physical condition or you're just watching netflix, upkeep + dodge + greatsword 5 + autos or even just upkeep + dodge + autos is probably still going to outdamage 90% of people you come across.

Meeko fucked around with this message at 02:51 on Sep 1, 2022

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Meeko
Sep 15, 2017

Actuarial Fables posted:

That's mostly because the scrapper's hammer does more damage than the rifle. The drones and associated toolbelt skills are all (for now) centered around where you're standing so you'll want to be right up against the enemies, which makes taking a rifle sub-optimal because why not just hit them with a stronger melee weapon?

You can take any power scrapper build you find and just slot in the rifle and you'll be fine.

You can but at that point there's no real reason to play Scrapper over Mechanist. The only other unique feature is wells, which require you to be in melee range defeating the point of Rifle. Unless you really, really like wells in which case all the more power to you.

Or I guess Holosmith if you're okay with some more complextiy in exchange for cool hardlight mode.

Meeko
Sep 15, 2017

It's like, a 10% nerf on mechanist in general. It'll be perfectly fine and still completely kick rear end post nerf.

Meeko
Sep 15, 2017

Honestly I wouldn't even say it's a trend. It depends on the elite, really. Some of them laser focus on a specific mechanic, or just reduce your options to a single set of skills or so, or are just inherently easier than the core class, and a lot of them simply trade in your options for different (and usually more powerful) ones. I'd even say about half of them are no more or less complicated than their core version.

Personally I'd put it this way (just baseline kit, not counting raid rotations or advanced shenanagains):

More Complex: Weaver, Catalyst, Firebrand, Renegade, Holosmith, Untamed, Druid, Specter, Tempest, Spellbreaker, Harbinger

Same Complexity: Dragonhunter, Willbender, Herald, Daredevil, Deadeye, Mirage, Reaper, Scourge, Berserker, Chronomancer, Bladesworn

Simpler: Virtuoso, Mechanist, Scrapper, Soulbeast

Meeko fucked around with this message at 09:56 on Sep 30, 2022

Meeko
Sep 15, 2017

jokes posted:

I feel like I just need to gather mastery points and extra experience does nothing for me but I have like 90 birthday boosters-- what are they good for?

I also have like 20 of the heroic boosters

WvW and PvP are technically the best uses of them because of the reward track bonus gain, especially WvW which also makes use of magic find.

If you don't give a poo poo about either, just pop them whenever on a character you do a lot of meta events on with high density of mobs that kill poo poo like Drizzlewood. 100% magic find is roughly about a 10%~ increase in dropped loot quality by one tier, as it takes roughly 1000% magic find to double your chance of loot upgrading by a tier. Keep in mind this only means things like you'd get a Green instead of a Blue, or a T5 instead of a T4 material drop. This is only for dropped loot as well, and doesn't affect chests or event rewards. It also won't affect most bags you open, but it will mean you'll get better bags from mobs.

In other words, it's a marginal increase so you can use it whenever without worrying much. Heroic boosters definitely save for WvW or PvP, unless you can't stand it then save it for Drizzlewood or Silverwastes.

Also if you can be assed, the increased XP does mean a considerable increase in income from spirit shards. They're annoying to convert but definitely fairly profitable.

Meeko
Sep 15, 2017

Mr. Neutron posted:

One day I have to look into this, I have like 6000 of those.

https://gw2efficiency.com/currencies/spirit-shards

You basically just gamble with material conversion, it averages out, you make xyz profit per shard on average. The real costs are the time spent setting up buy orders for the materials, converting them, and then selling them.

If you don't want to bother with all that, you can take a hit to profits in exchange for faster conversion and liquidity of product by sorting with buy orders and only craft if necessary instead. Just from buy orders alone for example and not bothering crafting, you could turn 6000 spirit shards into 234,000 silver, which is 2340 gold.

Don't look at the "most profitable" section if it includes anything except crafting materials, it's misleading since those items don't sell very well well. You can try to sell the weapons at best, the triforge pendant will never sell.

You can also sell your shards on like, trading discords, but i never bother with those myself.

Meeko
Sep 15, 2017

Ineptitude posted:

I too have a mountain of spirit shards.

Never done any spirit shard conversions to gold before, though i have heard of mystic forge gambling.

Threw 4 stacks of bronze ingots to make iron ingots. Got 40 ingots 4 times, literally the smallest possible amount 4 times.

Yeah that's where the pain in the rear end part comes in, you gotta do it a bunch at once otherwise you can get owned by variance.

Meeko
Sep 15, 2017

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rf3E7Zlc72U

Was pulling 30k in raids last night with this by just mashing my keys roughly on cooldown, on top of being extremely tanky and having super high stability uptime.

It's a smidge more effort than mechanist but I highly recommend it if you want something different than mechanist for LI ranged damage dealing.

Meeko
Sep 15, 2017

Dzurlord posted:

I looked up the whole skyscale process, and if I can swap over to that story I will - but oof, those monetary costs.

I know this is just How MMOs Do, but I'm still hovering around 2-4 gold for the most part. Should I hit up the guild chats for dungeons or fractals? (Assuming my babbyass 80 gear is okay for them.) Try out WvW? What's the most straightforward way to dial up my income? (Which will also help me with my attempts to get decent crafting skills, for sure.)

If you have the living stories, Drizzlewood Coast and Dragonfall meta events are very good cash. For Heart of Thorns, doing Auric Basin and Tangled Depths meta events once per day are also gr8 cash. The Silverwastes also remain a good source of cash, if lesser than the previous options.

If you're looking for something a bit less intensive, world bosses (find their locations and timers here https://gw2efficiency.com/worldbosses ) are a good chunk of cash for minimal effort, just gotta get the waypoints.

The upcoming Halloween event will also be a great source of cash with the Mad King's Labyrinth. You can just find a group in the LFG finder, follow the commander, tag stuff. Since you mentioned playing a mesmer, https://fast.farming-community.eu/farming/builds/mesmer the maximum tagging mirage is a good build to use (you can just use cheap budget versions of everything here, like blue or green quality armor).

https://fast.farming-community.eu/farming/daily in general this site has all the tips for $$

https://discord.com/invite/hardstuck runs a meta train for 5 hours most days M-F starting at 7 AM CDT (check the events channel under community, Darens is the one who runs it). https://hardstuck.gg/gw2/guides/events/meta-event-train-the-compendium/ has a list of all the waypoints involved and what the events entail. and as Darens says, you can hop in and out any time you want.

Meeko
Sep 15, 2017

queeb posted:

what kind of recovery/sustain does power mech have for open world? is it just the passive signet recovery?

let your robot tank stuff, since enemies will generally favor hitting it due to it being tankier.

Meeko
Sep 15, 2017

in many ways mechanist is simply the final evolution of bearbow, only you're using a gun and the bear also has a gun.

meanwhile untamed....

Meeko
Sep 15, 2017

i'm pretty sure at this point research notes are just to keep the price of mithril ore afloat, which would completely collapse without a sink.

Meeko
Sep 15, 2017

octan3 posted:

I don't think I've seen it here, but there's a "free" 24slot bag if you sign up to the newsletter currently - https://www.guildwars2.com/en/news/free-24-slot-bag-with-newsletters/

Be warned that the bag is soulbound, so it's gonna be stuck on whoever you first equip it on.

Meeko
Sep 15, 2017

https://na.alienwarearena.com/ucf/show/2165905/boards/contest-and-giveaways-global/Giveaway/guild-wars-2-toy-mini-egg-giveaway

get your free mini's

also ele needs to like, move away from every attunement having buttons worth pressing on cooldown as a damage gain. you see this as a major sin on catalyst hammer for example, where even water is just jam packed with damage even though it should just be strictly healing.

whoever keeps designing ele specs, they keep going full sicko mode on attunement swap spam when really it should be just 2 attunements are worth flipping between - fire for both power and condi, air for power, earth for condi, and then water is just utility. that'd make ele equivilent to other professions, effort wise, and you can keep weaver as the high APM all the attunements spec.

Meeko fucked around with this message at 19:25 on Oct 25, 2022

Meeko
Sep 15, 2017

Alacrity can't really ever be a <100% uptime boon, because numerous specs (and most notably ele as a whole) are designed in such a way that the entire rotation breaks and becomes clunky without it.

Fury can't be a <100% uptime boon anymore, as Bladesworn and Virtuoso would be crippled without it.

Quickness stacking intensity would do weird and not good things to rotations. <100% uptime would do weird and not good things to rotations for a similar reason.

It's just way too late in the game's lifespan, even ignoring questions of gamefeel, to go back on offensive boons being 100% uptime.

Meeko
Sep 15, 2017

In fairness, runes have a bit more diversity than that, though usually it's just stuff like "krait runes for bleeding." power's probably the best off for actual choices since you have a option between scholar or eagle (and sometimes thief).

gear though, yeah, most gear types are worthless in pve.

Meeko
Sep 15, 2017

around the sixth of november it looks like there was suddenly a large influx of supply of rear end on the market, then again on the thirteenth - along with a corresponding rapid drop in price. if i had to guess, a few people with large supplies of them are trying to dump them all at once for whatever reason and it's causing a undercutting war.

Meeko
Sep 15, 2017

Mr. Neutron posted:

I believe that to be right around the time mightyteapot (the biggest GW2 streamer) specifically mentioned the Arborstone vendor on stream. It's entirely possible many people simply had no idea you could basically get 5 of those weekly for nearly free and sell them for 30ish gold.

oh yeah that'd do it.

Meeko
Sep 15, 2017

Research notes are actually what's keeping Core mats at least somewhat above vendor price, well at least mithril and silk. We really need another major sink like festival of the four winds tho.

Meeko
Sep 15, 2017

Saraiguma posted:

there already is in drizzlewood and it's profitable but it's kind of a pain to extract that profit

kinda, but there's no chase infusion to get people to recklessly dump piles of materials away, and drizzlewood is as you've said a pain and daily capped so individuals can only throw away materials at a fairly slow rate. add in the fact that at best you're only making a few gold a day and there's not enough people bothering for it to be a meaningful resource sink, unfortunately.

research notes in comparison need a shitton of materials for every big ticket item made that needs them, it's extremely wroth it to make them, and you don't get any materials in return. as much as i inherently hate them for being a pain, without notes the price of T5 mats would probably completely collapse, and the game probably needs more things that require research notes.

Meeko
Sep 15, 2017

big cummers ONLY posted:

I'm having fun logging on and aimlessly wandering around doing hearts. Is there anything I should do early that unlocks something neat? For instance I got the mailbag item for signing up for their newsletter. Any other cool items I can pick up for a small investment of time like that? Bags, mounts, pets...?

Editing to say I bought the little bundle with the first two expansions

In general most of the cool QoL stuff you can't start unlocking until level 80, which also doesn't take very long anymore, so don't sweat it too much. Just fart around, do the adventure guide achievements, and then look into Masteries when you hit level 80. In particular, you'll probably want to prioritize Pact Commander at that point, since that gives you ~Auto Loot~

Meeko
Sep 15, 2017

Do keep in mind Ascended vs Exotic is a little deceptive, because in any serious content you'll have full boons at all times. Among other things, the permanent 25 might stacks and to a lesser extent food means ascended is a rather small increase in damage alone. It winds up being a higher increase if you don't have any might etc, something like 12% or whatever - so somewhat amusingly, it's actually more valuable outside of raid content than inside of it for any build that can't give itself lots of might solo.

The relative increase of each piece of gear holds true tho.

Meeko
Sep 15, 2017

Engineer's in a weird spot.

Base engineer kind of sucks rear end and most of the hard stuff you could do with it also sucks rear end but you can get away with a basic flamethrower or bomb kit setup, Power Mechanist is easy, Scrapper is really simple, Power Holosmith is mid level tricky, then Condi Mechanist suddenly goes through the loving roof and to the moon with difficulty (relatively, at least).

Elementalist though is either fire only and is pretty simple or you go john loving madden and its stupidly busy and hard.

Meeko
Sep 15, 2017

World bosses are way more than 2-3g a hour. Good gold? God no, absolutely not, but it's more like 10g/hour. Which is y'know, closer to half to 2/3rds of the popular/big money makers rather than a tenth.

The world boss teleporter itself is still not great but it's a fine enough buy on sale if you A) like to do world boss trains, B) like to play alts, and C) plan to play the game regularly for awhile since you'll save enough gold in like, half a year between the opportunity cost of not having to trudge around and unlock all the boss waypoints and the gold saving of the teleports proper.

Also would only get it if you're the type to buy gems for rl $ since the gems to gold rate is a lot worse than gold to gems. also possibly wait on a 20% off sale.

Meeko fucked around with this message at 15:23 on Jan 18, 2023

Meeko
Sep 15, 2017

It's already probably been posted here, but I'm gonna give a shout out to lord hizen's celestial vindicator

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MYpyjxo8s6Y

Dude tends to exaggerate his builds a lot but for once I think a build really deserves the title of `best for open world`. It actually puts the old glory days of renegade to shame. If you're looking for something to fill the hole in your heart for `utterly immortal in open world with good damage` that celestial renegade left behind, can't recommend it enough.

The power version is pretty much just there if you wanna do greatsword and are okay with giving up a lot of tank, so it's probably better suited for stuff like meta trains or drizzlewood coast.

Meeko
Sep 15, 2017

Humerus posted:

I want to try this but if I'm too poor for runes of tormenting what would you recommend?

Tormenting are the best in terms of damage and a smidge of sustain but they don't do anything irreplaceable. If you want a cheap stand-in to just try it out, Runes of the Lich would be my personal recommendation. 15% flat condi duration and 4% condi damage is pretty solid, especially for how cheap they are (a full set is going to run you about 60 silver even if you buy instantly). Rune of the Traveler is a decent QoL option for farm trains - less damage, but you get more tank and the always-nice +25% movement speed and still hella cheap.

I think firebrand runes are too expensive and you don't need the quickness, durability is hella too expensive unless you're sitting on hundreds of testimonies of heroics and is way overkill for boon duration, leadership runes are the same problem but eve more expensive, and Divinity is okay but still much more expensive than Lich for smaller DPS gains.

Meeko
Sep 15, 2017

The most exciting thing to me is that we're moving onto a 3 maps per expansion cycle instead of the ungodly high # before between living world and expansion launch. The game's filled with maps that you barely have a reason to go back to that only got added because of the previous model, so fewer areas more densely packed with things to do and reasons to come back sounds good to me.

Meeko
Sep 15, 2017

Cat-shaped Witch posted:

I just unlocked the ability to have two specs at once and my guardian basically just shits out explosions and flames every single attack now?

this rules? absolutely amazing. why on earth did I start this game 10 years ago as a mesmer and not a guardian? no idea.

If you love crapping out flames, give Willbender a shot once you buy End of Dragons and hit level 80. Your F1 turns into a even more powerful and aggressive version that heavily incentivizes attacking as many times as possible for even more burning.

Meeko
Sep 15, 2017

I think Norn are probably my least favorite of the five races, simply because by making them playable they lost the major factor that made them unique (shapeshifting). Sure, technically they still can, but the skills are so much weaker than weapons (to say nothing of disabling your utilities too) that there is no point in ever using them outside of a 'huh, that's neat.'

As for Asura, they at least get credit for being far more involved in the story and in a generally more serious capacity than 'small' races typically get. XIV is the second best about it, and Lalafel are still often side-lined/have a minimal presence/are relegated to jokes a lot.

The awful footwear was a real downside, since it pretty much restricted you to either cultrual or a select few dungeon sets for your footwear for a long while. Or Mistward when HoT came out. But, by the time Path of Fire hit they realized this was dumb as poo poo (or whoever on the art team insisted on it quit or something idk) and pretty much no footwear or outfits released during or after path of fire has had that issue.

You still need to be kind of selective with what you wear of course since some textures don't downscale very well to Asura size, but the dumbass bare toes thing stopped being a issue mercifully.

Meanwhile, Charr unfortunately remain poo poo out of luck to this day, having very few footwear or outfit options that don't entirely chop the shoes off like Tauren boots in WoW, and even fewer if we discount footwear that just shoves them into humanoid-shaped boots.

Meeko fucked around with this message at 01:22 on Feb 24, 2023

Meeko
Sep 15, 2017

Mailer posted:

I tried, hard, to make a charr last night. I needed a rev and didn't want to play human, big human, or green human. After a lot of work I got one that looked relatively reasonable. Then they put the Rev headband on and it's just kind of draped over the long neck in a way that would flop off the second you moved. The armor set in the preview (what is that armor set?) was at least reasonable, using a neck strap to hold the blindfold, but the actual armor... nope. Combined with claws-through-the-boots and the long neck in general I just couldn't.

TL;DR - So I rolled another Asura.

Yeah, Charr are pretty much...only playable because of fan demand. All the issues they have are kinda living proof why player models in MMOs don't tend to scale very far from a humanoid base.

It's absolutely comical how large certain assets get because of Charr model scaling.

Meeko
Sep 15, 2017

The new meta is bugged or they extremely under tuned it. Either way, super not worth it, it's probably <=5g a hour from my mothball estimations.

It may genuinely be less rewards than wvw lol

Meeko
Sep 15, 2017

New meta is designed in some truly mind boggling, stupid rear end ways.

To explain, you can get up to 50 keys or so a day from events, then an additional 50 keys from the vendor (plus however many you choose to sink research notes into, which is a bad decision). Each standard chest gives 2 greens and 2 green gems, with a chance at a yellow gem. Ancient chests add an additional 1 green, and 2 yellow. There's also a chance for a luxon weapon box but those kinda rare (i got like...one from 3 metas) and crashing in price already. This means by far the only chests worth buying keys for are ancients, given it costs between 8.7 to 20~ silver per key, but there's a problem with that we'll get into in a sec.

First of all, it's only about 20~ gold per hour if you're there from the start, which is already in and of itself bad. Then, most of the profit comes at the end, as ancient chests only spawn from the final boss and the four champions afterwards - they also give you enough keys to open all of said ancient chests. Combined with no participation mechanic, and hopping around for near-final maps to leech is by far the best way to get anything out of this meta. And given the boss gives enough keys to open all their ancients, yeah. Probably not even worth your time though because you're only getting about 30~ yellows out of it, and probably in total about 4 gold for 10-15 minutes wroth of time. Barely better than tequatl at best.

Additionally, you can only start the meta on a fresh map if at least ten people are there, but it's on no timer. So you're basically hosed outside of prime time when this dies down. Additionally, you'll be hosed if you don't at least have a few people with siege turtles who understand where they're needed, as there's no loaner mechanic (AND bonus you need people to hop into the siege turtles, as most of the destructible can only be hit by siege shots.).

Also the final boss is designed in a stupid fashion because you need to kill three of them at the same time, otherwise you're punished with a endless `kill mobs to keep them from blowing up` phase until the remaining bosses are killed. But you aren't given info on what the HP is of the other islands!! Because it's split up into three events, so your optimal play at the final phase is to go and tag all three bosses when they're at their final phase for a bonus 10 favors.

Finally there's some 'bases you leave behind upgrade tiers' mechanic but as far as I can tell your only reward for them is a once per day exchange of 3 favors of X province for 5 of each type, so basically 40 free favors per day. Which is nice I guess, but again, you can just hop into a completed map and leech these so lol.

Basically even if you're sweaty and leech this, it's incredibly not worth your time compared to any of the good metas, fractals, or fishing.

oh yeah and as a bonus even on a relatively fast final boss, the 'better' filters won't last long enough to finish the fight. which isn't a problem because the majority of the loot is from chests, which magic find does not work on. also most of the enemies are of the 'gives zero drops and zero exp' variety so.

lol. lmao.

Meeko fucked around with this message at 13:47 on Mar 1, 2023

Meeko
Sep 15, 2017

I don't think it's near their best, but it's far from bad given the plethora of LS1 & LS2 maps competing for that title. At the very least it's not confusing to navigate, the rewards are at least decently compelling, and it's pretty/enemies are neat enough.

Actually upon thiniking about it a bit further, the worst has to be Domain of Kourna. Kinda incomplete, bad meta, no reason to go back, and it has the least useful material out of all the living stories. You can't even get accessories with it, only plaguedoctor insignias/inscriptions. Somehow less useful than hatched chillis, which at least turn into cheap food. That's ignoring the bad core maps of course like Snowden Drifts, which are more excusable.

Meeko
Sep 15, 2017

TD is just awful as a map yeah I have to agree, chak gerent is cool and redeems it but otherwise it's just so complicated for the sake of being complicated. NKC i think is really dependent on if you have a skyscale if not - if you do, it's a cool map. if you don't, it's hell to navigate.

Unfortunately Dragonfall is in the same category, made much worse by the champion train at the end basically being non-viable if you dont have a skyscale these days.

Meeko
Sep 15, 2017

Alright turns out the fishing pools near the end of the new map have a really, really high chance of Legendary fish, and you can fish up like...five? per day or so. Makes the new meta super worth doing once or twice a day, especially if you can get in on a map already half done.

Meeko
Sep 15, 2017

The idea I suppose is that they think you'll gamble for the chair, but gamblers dont give a poo poo about chairs.

Meeko
Sep 15, 2017

queeb posted:

whats the new solo hotness lately? It was power mech before and 1 buttoning and doing bonkers damage, has that changed?

really depends on what you want to do solo

if you want to fart around, tag stuff, kill, then power mech is still great for that, as is condi pistol/pistol mech. condi scourge, condi daredevil, condi renegade, power virtuoso too.

for soloing hard stuff, celestial vindicator is immortal, power vindicator is somewhat less immortal but still more than enough for anything outside of solo bounties.

Meeko
Sep 15, 2017

Meowywitch posted:

drat are Scrapper and Holosmith just mid compared to Mech?

Holosmith got a buff recently for instanced content. It remains a somewhat lackluster option in open world due to needing to be in melee + not being that bulky + heat mechanics being somewhat clunky in map content. Can still do well if you like, just kind of needs way more brain power/gets kind of hosed in metas/world bosses where you can't avoid damage easily.

Scrapper's still perfectly fine, requires slightly more button presses, its main flaw is that it wants to be in melee for maximum damage, even with flamethrower variants. But it is the absolute best of the 3 engineers for tagging purposes (technically holo is better if you're trying really hard but who wants to do that over hours of grind??), so it remains your go-to over mech for stuff like drizzlewood if you need spirit shards.

Meeko
Sep 15, 2017

..btt posted:

I've not played scrapper, but this seems unlikely - what makes it better than rifle mech mashing tab/1/2?

Gyros, mostly. They both have access to Rifle or Flamethrower, to taste, so the question becomes "what auxiliary functionality makes them superior at tagging?" Mech gets dumb pet AI with slow auto attacking speed & slow movement speed (ranged mech is complete garbage for tagging, still slow and only hits one target), Scrapper gets Gyros (Shredder & Blast being the big two) and Superspeed. Plus, Function Gyro to quickly pick up five idiots and speed things along. Stealth Gyro also has some nice utility for scooping up gathering nodes or Istan boxes without getting into combat. Lastly, you can pretty easily go full Diviner's to poo poo out superspeed and quickness all around you, which speeds up any meta - the best that Mech can do in comparison is Alacrity, which doesn't work nearly as well for random people/is the inferior boon for DPS gains (and unlike Scrapper who can just go Full Diviners & 5 Gyros Nyoom, in order to get max Alacrity uptime you need to use Mace which is an inferior tagging weapon).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Meeko
Sep 15, 2017

A new variant also launched, and people are trying to hoard them.

I don't imagine that jade runestones stay at 1g for long. Higher price encourages more people to park 1 alt at the spot, there's other sources of them that are a bit more inconvenient but not by much, and the demand for them is somewhat more limited than mystic coins ever were. Plus people are gated by rear end, ambergis, and memories of aurene, which limits how fast jadestones can be consumed.