Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mercury_Storm
Jun 12, 2003

*chomp chomp chomp*
Is there a cheap/easy way of getting an ascended armor set now without grinding crafting?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mercury_Storm
Jun 12, 2003

*chomp chomp chomp*
Meanwhile those sniper guys in Driftwood can hit you from like 10,000 meters or something. It's like every patch they have to put in something unfathomably stupid, I end up not playing for a while, and then they fix it months later.

Mercury_Storm
Jun 12, 2003

*chomp chomp chomp*
You can get the living world packs (don't buy the episodes individually, this is the worst deal) in the in-game gem store and they go on sale for 20-30% fairly regularly.

Mercury_Storm
Jun 12, 2003

*chomp chomp chomp*
Patch notes are out and Deadeye rifle range isn't nerfed :cool:

Also it looks like there is an undocumented change where you can teleport forward and stealth if you walk into sniper's cover?

Mercury_Storm fucked around with this message at 01:01 on Nov 30, 2022

Mercury_Storm
Jun 12, 2003

*chomp chomp chomp*

ZZT the Fifth posted:

I went and bought some gems but instead of going through right away it said "we are currently reviewing this purchase attempt". That's very new to me; in the past I usually would get gems instantly when I paid. How long does it usually take? Do they think I'm a scammer or something?

It usually goes through within a few minutes, not sure why that started happening either. If it's your first time in a while with a new payment method maybe they need to verify it.

Mercury_Storm
Jun 12, 2003

*chomp chomp chomp*
Since someone was asking earlier, there's a character slot expansion sale on right now, only 20% though.

Mercury_Storm
Jun 12, 2003

*chomp chomp chomp*
I got a newish PC with a 3060 12GB and this thing still chugs down to 20 or so FPS in world boss fights, hah. Granted this is with most settings on max.

Mercury_Storm
Jun 12, 2003

*chomp chomp chomp*

Mercury_Storm
Jun 12, 2003

*chomp chomp chomp*
I remember when you had to do weird events like kill the giant grub in WVW to unlock some of your traits, that was real dumb too.

Mercury_Storm
Jun 12, 2003

*chomp chomp chomp*
I had basically shelved the game when I logged in one day and found that not only could you no longer mash mesmer shatters, they also combined continuum shift into shatter 4 (distortion). They completely reversed course on this very recently for some reason. Probably because it was almost as dumb as their idea to make a sniper rifle have less range than a bow :rolleyes:

Mercury_Storm
Jun 12, 2003

*chomp chomp chomp*
Oh can anyone who played through the original Living World Season 1 describe how different it is from the re-make that's in now? I don't know how the content worked back then or if they even used instances. How long did you have to complete a certain story section before it was just gone forever?

Also seems like a major development which kept the remake from working was that if you are on a certain story point, an entire zone might be changed, like the tower of nightmares in Kessex Hills being back again VS. being destroyed. Hard to tell if you're actually in an entirely separate instanced zone or if other players in the same area just can't see the tower when you can.

Mercury_Storm
Jun 12, 2003

*chomp chomp chomp*
Glad I didn't but one of those voltatile magic glyph for like 400 gold :O Seemed like a bad bet when the average price of T5 trophies could just drop beneath the 1 gold it also costs to buy those chests.

Everything seems to be getting cheaper on the trading post now too, maybe because of long time players coming back for LWS1? You can't even profit from some of the time-gated crafts anymore like spiritwood globs/planks.

Mercury_Storm fucked around with this message at 22:35 on Dec 23, 2022

Mercury_Storm
Jun 12, 2003

*chomp chomp chomp*
You mash the buttons and occasionally mash F1 and F2 shatter skill when you have clones, and save the other two for when you need a stun or extra dodge, I don't think it's actually that complex.

Mercury_Storm
Jun 12, 2003

*chomp chomp chomp*

Mailer posted:

Also, to be even more pedantic, where do the copper-fed/silver salvagers and maps fit into that? Do you get those first or unlock episodes? Are there other breakpoints where it's better to buy some gem-only item? Should all this be sidetracked until after ascended gear to get into T2?

Copper fed you want to use on stuff that comes out of (blue) Common unidentified stuff, as they don't have sigils in them. (Green) unidentified stuff you actually want a Runecrafters salvage kit, because it has the 100% chance to salvage the sigils on green stuff, which gives you a higher chance of getting the more expensive rare charms and symbols out of those. Instead of a silver fed salvage kit you can just make mystic salvage kits using Mystic Forge stones, which have 250 charges, and you only use that one on (yellow) Rare equipment to get a higher chance of getting ecoplasm out of them.

I use Black Lion salvage kits on (Orange) exotic stuff because it gives a 100% chance of actually getting the rune out of the item (to sell on the TP, usually), getting more ecoplasm, and getting dark matter for ascended crafting, and you can also get the Insignias out of stuff which you can sell for a lot. You can get black lion kits from daily login chests, but if you don't have any just use a mystic salvage kit.

Mercury_Storm
Jun 12, 2003

*chomp chomp chomp*
Yes join guilds, you get a discount on waypoint usage, a free 10% or so boost to gold, karma, exp, etc. and free daily gathering nodes for a bunch of things. Also probably the most convenient jade bot workbench.

Only thing that's kind of annoying is since the guild hall is an instance it clears your jade bot battery buffs. So does Misklock Sanctuary, btw, they ever plan on addressing that?

Mercury_Storm
Jun 12, 2003

*chomp chomp chomp*
Was kind of funny earlier yesterday, on the Harvest Temple strike the dragon bite attack ended up killing almost everyone because the target circle indicating it was going to happen soon didn't appear at all lol, not sure how often that happens but hope they fix that at some point in the near future.

Mercury_Storm
Jun 12, 2003

*chomp chomp chomp*
Anyone else crashing after this last patch when entering Divinity's Reach or Misklock? Happening to me every time now.

Mercury_Storm
Jun 12, 2003

*chomp chomp chomp*

..btt posted:

Special mention for ritualist's back piece, which they just didn't add to the game, so you can't get it unless you have a legendary back piece.

You can actually get it from this thing:

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Echovald_Cathedral_Backpiece

Mercury_Storm
Jun 12, 2003

*chomp chomp chomp*
I didn't mind running around the world without mounts for exactly one time on one character, so mounts increased replayability by a lot by making sure I didn't have to do all that again. Its been nice doing the Return To quests and just completely bypassing annoying jumping sections, etc.

Mercury_Storm
Jun 12, 2003

*chomp chomp chomp*

Mercury_Storm
Jun 12, 2003

*chomp chomp chomp*
I was taking a look at some of the legendary collections to see if I could do some for fun, and did not realize that crafting the necessary items to eventually craft the precursor ends up costing not just more than buying the actual finished precursor off the TP, but often costs WAY more and has been like that for years. :rolleyes:

Mercury_Storm
Jun 12, 2003

*chomp chomp chomp*
At the very least capturing the castle should be be on the same achievement as the keep one, so you could capture 3 keeps or 1 castle to complete it. Also I still don't get the usage of the desert borderland cause it seems way more complex then the alpine one. Did they intend to do more maps at one point and have all of them cycle together rather than having a bizarre full time two alpine/one desert setup?

Mercury_Storm
Jun 12, 2003

*chomp chomp chomp*

Pesterchum posted:

Yeah I wonder if they ever fixed it so that it sometimes just straight up ejects you out of the fight towards the end when you're using the glider because that was always a grand time.

They did actually fix that yeah.

Mercury_Storm
Jun 12, 2003

*chomp chomp chomp*
haha, I remember when even poo poo like Planetside 2 was trying to get into esplortz, it was the 'cool' thing to do at the time I guess.

Mercury_Storm
Jun 12, 2003

*chomp chomp chomp*
CHAMPION, YOU HAVE OBTAINED THE HYPER BEAM FROM MOTHER BRAIN, SHOOT IT AT THE DRAGON!!!

the power is literally called Prismatic Hyper Beam lol

Mercury_Storm
Jun 12, 2003

*chomp chomp chomp*
I remember the months and months that the dragon response missions dragged on too, JFC. I wasn't even looking forward to playing the next one either cause it was just the same formula again and again.

Mercury_Storm
Jun 12, 2003

*chomp chomp chomp*
Oh god, yeah wasn't the final mission against Zhaitan basically a very, very long strike mission/dungeon that required 5 people until a couple years after the game was out?

Mercury_Storm
Jun 12, 2003

*chomp chomp chomp*
I play the game in French and German for fun sometimes, and there is no German voice actor for Rama in the new quest lol. Gorrik is fine, but when dialogue comes up for Rama it's just a silent text box.

Mercury_Storm
Jun 12, 2003

*chomp chomp chomp*
I only recently started using spirit shards because mystic forge flushing is a pain in the rear end

Mercury_Storm
Jun 12, 2003

*chomp chomp chomp*
Gonna go out on a limb and say that gating Fishing (but not the skiff, for some reason??) behind story progress was a real bad idea. New players can't get into it without some massive spoilers by having to complete the first chapter in EOD.

Mercury_Storm
Jun 12, 2003

*chomp chomp chomp*
You can get to Seitung using a boat in the guild hall actually, before starting the story (or a teleport to friend).

Mercury_Storm
Jun 12, 2003

*chomp chomp chomp*
Yeah uh, I'd just leave those there for a while and see if they reverse it.

Mercury_Storm
Jun 12, 2003

*chomp chomp chomp*
I guess you'd have plausible deniability as long as they arent reading this thread lol

Mercury_Storm
Jun 12, 2003

*chomp chomp chomp*
Yeah I don't know what is going on, but I found a bug too after coming out of mistlock. All mounts were super floaty, except for the griffon which fixed it:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eL5sA_rJwFc

Mercury_Storm
Jun 12, 2003

*chomp chomp chomp*
The end boss of Gyala Delves isn't great either, you just fight a bunch of powered up or recycled enemies, several times in a row, one after the other, with no clear indication of when it will end.

Mercury_Storm
Jun 12, 2003

*chomp chomp chomp*
Getting all the icebrood saga masteries was the worst. Hold on lemme go kill the icebrood construct and the shatterer (but for real this time...?) 15 more times, and then do that again lol

Mercury_Storm
Jun 12, 2003

*chomp chomp chomp*
I think ANet still likes to think of group content being 'above' the standard cookie cutter healer, tank, buffer, etc, and that worked until they added specializations with those roles and then added content which "required" those roles. I liked the game better when everyone could be their own healer, which is still maybe possible if you do all the dodging and movement mechanics perfectly and don't stack on top of every fight.. I guess?

Mercury_Storm
Jun 12, 2003

*chomp chomp chomp*

Quill posted:

Just a general heads up that the Twitch drops have started.

This actually working for you? I've got my account connected and all, and watched for more than an hour and it doesn't look like anything is registering or progressing at all on the drops page.

Mercury_Storm
Jun 12, 2003

*chomp chomp chomp*

whydirt posted:

Hmmm. I’m betting/hoping this means anet will finally explain:

whoa I'll take this as confirmation that we'll finally see the bird people zone (and maybe even the floating wizard tower)!!!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mercury_Storm
Jun 12, 2003

*chomp chomp chomp*
holy poo poo the asura rear end really did predict the wizard tower :O