Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

DARPA
Apr 24, 2005
We know what happens to people who stay in the middle of the road. They get run over.

Ort posted:

I forgot those achievements give a legendary trinket, I just did a good chunk of each for my skyscale so maybe I should keep pushing them.

It took 20 hours of additional game play, once I had the skyscale, to earn the legendary amulet via the Seasons of the Dragons achievement.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DARPA
Apr 24, 2005
We know what happens to people who stay in the middle of the road. They get run over.

TeaJay posted:

It was a lot more tolerable with the rewinder and TacO overlays which show you the right way. Could never have done it without them.

I have no idea how people finished it to begin with. I used a video walkthrough pausing step by step but could not figure out a single path on my own.

DARPA
Apr 24, 2005
Geared up a power Catalyst for T4 fractals and it's relatively fine. It's a lot of button pressing, but I didn't mind because I felt engaged. I do enough DPS to feel accomplished, but I'd often be sitting #3 on the dps chart. Then I geared up a T4 condition Virtuosos and lmao do I now have some opinions on Catalyst.

Virt enjoys a much simpler rotation with better damage more consistently than my Catalyst and at longer range (1200 range vs Catalyst forcing you to stand in jade spheres plus half your skills are 600 or melee range anyway).

But the effort/dps tradeoff wasn't the issue for me. It's that while Catalysts have lots of buttons they must push, all the buttons do the same thing. The spec has nothing else to do but dps. Crowd control is available on the lightning attunement which can be entirely unavailable on a 8 second cooldown, and even then one of the skills (Wind Storm) forcefully ejects you backwards putting you in mortal danger when fighting on a platform, with the added bonus of glitching you into walls from which you can't escape.

There really aren't any non-dps skills to use at all. You can carry a staff for options, but only useful while out of combat as elementalists can't swap weapons in combat. Conjured weapons are on 60 second cooldowns, so you either waste a slot waiting to deploy it or it's on cooldown when one of the conjured skills might be handy.

Meanwhile, Virtusos gets skills for portals, swiftness (that's also a pull!), multiple invis skills, Feedback for projectile reflect, and NullField/Arcane Thievery for boonstrips.

tl;dr retired catalyst after sampling the purple haze.

DARPA
Apr 24, 2005
Have any endgame builds used mixed rune sets?

DARPA
Apr 24, 2005
Mechanist is pretty great. I play holo in open world, but have a heal/alac mechanist build/template for group content when I roll up and 4 randoms are failing to kill a champ/bounty. Toggle over to HAM and suddenly they're shocked at how good they are. HAM can also solo champs/bounties that don't have special gently caress you mechanics. It's slow going but once people see the event HP bar dropping they swarm like flies to poo poo.

DARPA
Apr 24, 2005
Advertise yourself if there no groups in LFG at your tier. Chances are it's not just you looking for a party to join.

DARPA
Apr 24, 2005
That's for giving the tldr since my questline was bugged for two months until they double fixed the bugs with it. But by then I had forgotten what I was doing.

DARPA
Apr 24, 2005
I don't think agony was all that bad and it's not an impediment to playing fractals. An exotic geared player can run all of tier 1 without an issue. I highly recommend everyone try it.

Personal fractal level also limits your progression, but that only becomes a problem when you're right on the cusp of unlocking the next tier LFG.

If you're trying to min/max your gold/hr or can't stand the FOMO on the tier 4 rewards you can spend a night like tonight with Sunqua Peak as the daily and join 10 groups in a row to push your personal fractal level into the next tier.

DARPA fucked around with this message at 03:32 on May 18, 2023

DARPA
Apr 24, 2005

El Fideo posted:

Why does BlishHud want my API key if the pathing module isn't going to keep track of which Sky Crystals I've already collected?

My guess is blish does track your progress via api but it isn't instant and sky crystal collections are proximity based instead of most collections which require you to hit the interact key which blish detects and removes the marker immediately.

Try hitting your interact key at a crystal location and it should remove the marker. Any crystals you already collected should be removed now via the API.

DARPA
Apr 24, 2005

Syenite posted:

Them increasing wvw reward track gain helps make GoB less stupid (even if they did it as compensation for removing one of the few good things about that reward structure), but it still really doesn't solve the problem of it just being "Spend a bunch of time in wvw." because you can't actually speed up the process through active play.

I just did the gift of battle and it went much quicker than I expected. Running the celebration booster, food, Experience booster and the guild buff I think I was earning something like 350 reward track xp per 5 minute tick. Pretty sure if my numbers are accurate it's only 5 hours of gameplay. Got a ranged build going, found the zerg, and stayed at tier 6 nonstop.

DARPA
Apr 24, 2005

Inzombiac posted:

I am OFICIALLY complaining about the wyvern matriarch not ever giving me a coat box.
This should satisfy RNJesus.

Join a group running the meta and hope it hits tier 4.

DARPA
Apr 24, 2005
Completed "Skritt Hot" (dodge Primordus's "Apocalypse Rain" 25 times) for an IBS mastery point in the absolute stupidest way. I hate the IBS achievements so bad.

I entered the Dragonstorm Story instance. Progressed the fight until you break up the champions and fight them on opposite sides of the field. Then instead of actually fighting I hovered above Braham on a skyscale waiting for Primordus's "Apocalypse Rain" attack (shows like 5 AOE circles that boulders eventually fall on). Primordus telegraphs it by leaning down to grab a mouthful of rocks then spitting them upwards. So when you see the AOEs dash down dismount, dodge, and remount before dealing with any other mechanics.

Not sure the same cheese works in the public instance, but in story mode you can idle in the proper phase of the fight while NPCs whittle away at Braham.

DARPA fucked around with this message at 05:14 on Mar 9, 2024

DARPA
Apr 24, 2005

where the red fern gropes posted:

you can do it on a skimmer and just hold the button when the rocks come

Reddit post says this was patched out a couple years ago.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DARPA
Apr 24, 2005
Post a dungeon party to LFG and people will join to PUG with you.