Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

BadLlama
Jan 13, 2006

Started playing this again a few days before the steam release, having fun but did some WvW last night and poo poo the pace of combat in WvW is on steroids from what I remember.

It was always faster paced compared to other MMO's but now everyone zips around teleporting with star trek shields on

Also GW2 won't connect for me if I use my VPN and I am not sure why, any thoughts?

BadLlama fucked around with this message at 18:25 on Aug 24, 2022

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BadLlama
Jan 13, 2006

GW2 has simultaneously some of the best looking scenes still in an MMO and also the worst, it is very weird. I'll look left and be like drat that is a nice looking view, then look right and be disgusted at what appears to be a 1996 N64 art asset.

BadLlama
Jan 13, 2006

I am finding PoF more of a slog, I cannot get the second mount because I do not have enough mastery points. Anywhere to get the points requires that mount so... yeah

and after typing that I found a whole area unexplored in crystal desert with the mastery point I needed.

BadLlama fucked around with this message at 23:32 on Aug 24, 2022

BadLlama
Jan 13, 2006

My main happens to be engineer and I do got to say they made some quite nice changes to rifle.

I pretty much just run my old pvp spec (Circa 9 years ago) for everything because I don't know what is good but it seems to have the burts dps and sustain to take most things down.

I guess in current terminology it is crit power build that uses quick cooldown toolbelt items to maximize the toolbelt lightning strike thing (I also use lightning strike sigil on my weapon cause more daka)? It seems to be even better than it was thanks to the changes to rifle making running explosives on the rifle build give huge benefits.

And I guess my question is the mech build the same thing just better?

BadLlama fucked around with this message at 23:41 on Aug 25, 2022

BadLlama
Jan 13, 2006

Honestly surprised they haven't given thief a 2h sword and some samurai build thing

BadLlama
Jan 13, 2006

What happened to all the cool backpacks engineers got for their kits?

BadLlama
Jan 13, 2006

Agree with there should be specs that are easy to play and specs that make you sweat, agree that a sweaty spec played well should do better than an easy spec played well, but they shouldn't be so far out of alignment that a group only takes sweaty dudes, unless that's your thing.

Also, just got my ascended light saber on my engineer, first ascended weapon ever

BadLlama
Jan 13, 2006

I don't think I've spent 5,000 hours playing any game, ever. This includes games like WoW and World of Tanks where I have been playing them for over a decade or in WoW's case, close to two decades now..

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BadLlama
Jan 13, 2006

HoT seems like the most populated content (As in players running around doing stuff) then everything else? Is it actually the most popular or is there some trickery with how the map populations work?

in HoT I'd always run into big groups of people, for PoF and EoD I rarely ran into any group larger than like 5 dudes.