Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

halokiller
Dec 28, 2008

Sisters Are Doin' It For Themselves

sorry father skipping you, I already have Neuv and Navia to invest in and waiting for the upcoming Wanderer banner so I can get my exploration cheat

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MoonCrab
Nov 19, 2014

A mildly pertubed emoji face

Eimi posted:

If she heals every time her bubble bounces, that thing is active for like 14 seconds, that's a lot of healing. More than capable of working with Furina. Also I love healers who heal with their skill, healing the entire party is an even bigger bonus.

It seemed too long to me so I double checked the kit and I'm pretty sure this is a C6 slug that has both extended burst time and additional bubble bounces. Looks like the bubbles complete 1 bounce every 2 seconds, pretty good uptime. Decently less healing than Kokomi, but full party (unless Kokomi is in an onfield driver role, in which case, lmao) and still more than enough to do her job. The interval is also quite good for maintaining ToM uptime if you don't want to use any of the new healer set, should work well. This slug is going places, won't be super sad if I lose 50/50 on Clorinde and end up getting her

Only question left is whether her hydro application is merely bad (no ICD) or extremely poo poo (standard ICD)

MoonCrab
Nov 19, 2014

The Arle/Fischl/Beidou/Chevy team is very fun, especially if you're on SoDP instead of noblesse. Having your uptime be a meter instead of a timer and not losing infusion when you switch out means you can finally use swap parries. And you don't really have to keep buff durations in mind while playing it, unlike pretty much every other type of team, very relaxing. I tried the team with Hu Tao previously but the quick swap compatibility makes it feel much better in practice :)

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
Codes here! Get your free primogems here!

RTJUNRSHTAL9 - x60 Primogems, x5 Adventure Experience
CA3BLTURGH9D - x60 Primogems, x5 Adventure Experience
GENSHINGIFT - x50 Primogems and x3 Hero's Wit

Raenir Salazar
Nov 5, 2010

College Slice

Vincent Van Goatse posted:

Codes here! Get your free primogems here!

So how do these codes work? Is it first come first serve? Where do I put them in?

MoonCrab
Nov 19, 2014

It may be different for each region but at the very least the NA one is here:

https://genshin.hoyoverse.com/m/en/gift

Shinji2015
Aug 31, 2007
Keen on the hygiene and on the mission like a super technician.

Raenir Salazar posted:

So how do these codes work? Is it first come first serve? Where do I put them in?

Should be an option to redeem codes in the "Account" section on the menu screen, that's how I do it on the PS version

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

HA! HA! NICE! WHAT A TOOL!
Some more details about nu abyss have been leaked. The bad news is original abyss is now once a month instead of twice a month.

It sounds like it's going to resemble that event from a few patches ago where characters had the vigor score and could only be used twice, and you're offered to add random characters from your backups.

The wacky news is that friend rental apparently has a maximum, a character can only be borrowed 15 times per cycle across all friends, so lock those C6R5 rentals early on in the cycle.

No Wave fucked around with this message at 16:41 on Apr 25, 2024

Tuxedo Catfish
Mar 17, 2007

You've got guts! Come to my village, I'll buy you lunch.
that sucks

Excelzior
Jun 24, 2013

Eimi
Nov 23, 2013

I will never log offshut up.

Yeah it looks awful and one of the worst changes hoyo could make for endgame content. I'm impressed they found a way to make Abyss worse but drat.

Boat Stuck
Apr 20, 2021

I tried to sneak through the canal, man! Can't make it, can't make it, the ship's stuck! Outta my way son! BOAT STUCK! BOAT STUCK!

Descar
Apr 19, 2010
what, they only added a tiny winy island to that huge black area...
they should have just removed a tiny black patch then, like the lost nursery area...

talk about lost opportunity to make a new awsome chenyu vale...
i feel betrayed :P

Stare-Out
Mar 11, 2010

Descar posted:

what, they only added a tiny winy island to that huge black area...
they should have just removed a tiny black patch then, like the lost nursery area...

talk about lost opportunity to make a new awsome chenyu vale...
i feel betrayed :P

They added a lot more than that if you keep playing.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

No Wave posted:

Some more details about nu abyss have been leaked. The bad news is original abyss is now once a month instead of twice a month.

It sounds like it's going to resemble that event from a few patches ago where characters had the vigor score and could only be used twice, and you're offered to add random characters from your backups.

The wacky news is that friend rental apparently has a maximum, a character can only be borrowed 15 times per cycle across all friends, so lock those C6R5 rentals early on in the cycle.

lol thats weird as gently caress. i can get making regular abyss cycle in/out less if the overall rewards are higher and new abyss also cycles, but all these restrictions are bizarre and feel like desperate whale bait. star rail manages it much more naturally with just making different units better in each through the design of the mode rather than whatever this is. like you could easily make an abyss thats much bigger, more constant waves like pure fiction in star rail, and units like hu tao and xingqiu/yelan would be worse and units like navia would be better.

Endorph fucked around with this message at 20:13 on Apr 25, 2024

sushibandit
Feb 12, 2009

Vincent Van Goatse posted:

CA3BL and GENSHINGIFT are oldies, but RTJ was new for me, cheers.

No Wave posted:

And here I was hoping they would make it more like SU from HSR. Bafflingly lovely change considering we barely have an endgame to speak of in the first place.

MoonCrab
Nov 19, 2014

Doing some achievement hunting and apparently you can get the new boss's one by just not having you character with the BoL be the one that gets hit. I was practicing with Tighnari/Miko when I suddenly got in on a "failed" run, because I guess Miko had the bond and Tighnari was the one that got hit. You could probably cheese it pretty easily if this is the case.

Theres also a secret achievement from getting your ranged attacks blocked multiple times lol. I didn't know about it, it just happened.

Also learned that the whale one doesn't trigger unless you actually get eaten by the whale so put your speedrunning teams away for a bit if you want to get it

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Okay, here's another QOL thing they could do, even though the focused experience thing for quests is an enormous + for people trying to play the story that I will acknowledge: Add a way to turn in encounter points when you're talking to Katheryne because I keep forgetting to do so. Either that or let me make a party specifically for friendship EXP so I don't have to worry about constantly switching back and forth. Like the Serenitea Pot but it works even if I use a different team. It'd help for world boss domains that you can't swap in.

Also, I've gotta say, what a long intro for the Arlecchino fight, even though I should've known better, I didn't expect her to have a second form with how tanky she was in the first one.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

HA! HA! NICE! WHAT A TOOL!
The new weekly fight is loads better than the whale or mouche, but I don't love BoL as a fight mechanic as there are very common/strong ways to make it absolutely nonexistent (baizhu or neuvillette or xianyun). But I guess thats supposed to be your reward for pulling new characters.

MoonCrab
Nov 19, 2014

No Wave posted:

The new weekly fight is loads better than the whale or mouche, but I don't love BoL as a fight mechanic as there are very common/strong ways to make it absolutely nonexistent (baizhu or neuvillette or xianyun). But I guess thats supposed to be your reward for pulling new characters.

I like how it pretty much just tells you outright to use Neuvillette and if you do you get a cool laser duel :cool:

Probably my fav weekly ever tbh. Maybe Raiden over her, but only for characters that can kill her before she transforms

MoonCrab
Nov 19, 2014

Noodling around with some more Arle teams and I think my preliminary thoughts are, that I don't really like reaction stuff with her. She can do it, and if you don't have a lot of characters but you run into a situation like current abyss 12 side 1 where there's an annoying pyro shield + pyro guys, then Xingqiu + Yelan will be a decent option as always. But if you have a decent character pool I would rather use someone else and not have to build EM on her (it's fine if you end up with stray substats tho).

Surprise fun team that I hadn't considered before: Arlecchino/Navia/Zhongli/Bennett. It's definitively not the highest DPS team for either of them, but if you've got some obnoxious bosses with downtime like the current abyss 12 side 2 you can treat Arle's BoL and Navia's skill charges as ammunition that you can save for specific burst of high damage. Too bad I'm pretty sure this team is pretty much completely unsimmable. :rip: Over the course of testing I ended up in situations where I had 200% BoL, situations where I skill -> charge without waiting, situations where I used a double Navia shot to immediately end the chamber, etc. There isn't really an "optimal" rotation in any practical sense

Also, chalk another one up for "teams that want a pyro non-healer non-circle attack amp." The list is probably so long by now lol

Eimi
Nov 23, 2013

Arle is incredibly flexible, and I feel she's the future looking unit, more than Chiori is. If a theoretical non circle atk buffer comes out she benefits great. Interestingly, her pyro ap isn't the best. What this means is that with Layla and Kaeya you can forward melt. Kaeya's burst st is incredibly low duration, but the fact that this is possible at all is really interesting. Trying to swirl this comp is awful and feels not worth it, but there's definitely potential there based on a future off field cryo unit. As well her Chevy team is great but the lack of a good pyro/electro shielder means if we get a powerful one that comp feels WAY comfier and able to use against much more content.

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Oh my god I drained the huge lake inn Inzanuma just now??? I didnt even know you could do this poo poo....fuckin weird bro....

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe

Eimi posted:

Arle is incredibly flexible, and I feel she's the future looking unit, more than Chiori is. If a theoretical non circle atk buffer comes out she benefits great. Interestingly, her pyro ap isn't the best. What this means is that with Layla and Kaeya you can forward melt. Kaeya's burst st is incredibly low duration, but the fact that this is possible at all is really interesting. Trying to swirl this comp is awful and feels not worth it, but there's definitely potential there based on a future off field cryo unit. As well her Chevy team is great but the lack of a good pyro/electro shielder means if we get a powerful one that comp feels WAY comfier and able to use against much more content.

We really need to clarify that she's a great pyro applier. She applies to entire groups of enemies in a flash, she just has a hard time around her ICD without a DPS loss... if it is that when setting up reactions.

I was playing her with XQ and Yelan, and I eventually took out XQ because he was stealing Yelan's vapes.

Eimi
Nov 23, 2013

ninjoatse.cx posted:

We really need to clarify that she's a great pyro applier. She applies to entire groups of enemies in a flash, she just has a hard time around her ICD without a DPS loss... if it is that when setting up reactions.

I was playing her with XQ and Yelan, and I eventually took out XQ because he was stealing Yelan's vapes.

Playing around ICD for reactions is what makes someone a good applier imo, not just that their skill has a big area.

Granted I do think that the melt options aren't quite there yet as I have no c6 Kaeya and I did pull for her c2 which adds an extra pyro hit that means she does reclaim the reaction and they're unable to get it back for the strongest hits of hers. I play her with Kazuha/Yelan/Dehya which works pretty well but finding a way to double swirl and not hurt Kazuha's er needs is pretty drat hard.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Glazius
Jul 22, 2007

Hail all those who are able,
any mouse can,
any mouse will,
but the Guard prevail.

Clapping Larry

Meowywitch posted:

Oh my god I drained the huge lake inn Inzanuma just now??? I didnt even know you could do this poo poo....fuckin weird bro....

Yeah, every major island in Inazuma has a quest to change something about it to make it a little less dangerous to travelers. Well, there's an island-wide quest on Watatsumi, but it doesn't defuse any natural disasters that might affect you.