Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Zenostein
Aug 16, 2008

:h::h::h:Alhamdulillah-chan:h::h::h:

BabyRyoga posted:

Is the game soft locking for anyone else in the domain area of the Silent Seeker of Knowledge quest?

You eventually get to a room with an interactable spot you can't interact with and no way out/nothing else to do. Unless i'm missing something.

edit: nm, just stupid genshin being genshin things

Yep, just waggle the camera around until it accepts you've solved it. Great.

Also no, the dialogues are not going faster, even if they shortened the animations, it still takes ages to click through.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Got Collei on my first pull which is good enough to sit and wait till 3.1s banners. All I wanted for her was C1 and with the event reward it'll get there.

I will probably blow the guaranteed banner 5* on Nilou if she's with Cadence (And why wouldn't she be in the same banner as the dancer, just look at her name)

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

HA! HA! NICE! WHAT A TOOL!
Nilou+Candace+Cyno kits have finally leaked. Cyno looks like he'll use deathmatch or maaaybe Kitain Cross Spear. Nilou will probably use the new craftable sword even though festering desire looks more fun. Candace can use favonious or black tassel.

dioxazine
Oct 14, 2004

I am having a great time exploring Sumeru.

I don't particularly want Tighnari, since I have so many bow characters already, but I see the event offers up a free Collei? Seems straightforward enough.

BabyRyoga
May 21, 2001

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021
Yawn, dropped about 350 artifacts into VV conversion and got zero "usable" pieces. Not even a feather or flower. I wish there was a better system for recrafting, but I am glad you don't have to farm the elemental sets anymore.

What other QoL changes in 3.0 are there aside from more artifact sets being craftable that I might be missing out on?

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

You can convert ore to old wood 1:1 in teapot. Up to 10 team slots. Monayaka dash (+yelan/sayu etc) can go over more terrain. Can set bow horizontal/vertical sensitivity individually.

MNSNTZR
Oct 13, 2012

BabyRyoga posted:

Yawn, dropped about 350 artifacts into VV conversion and got zero "usable" pieces. Not even a feather or flower. I wish there was a better system for recrafting, but I am glad you don't have to farm the elemental sets anymore.

What other QoL changes in 3.0 are there aside from more artifact sets being craftable that I might be missing out on?

yep. i dropped in a little more than you and got a decent atk sands for my current main heizou, one dendro goblet that rolled once into crit damage and elemental mastery and another dendro goblet with no usable stats unless a dendro kokomi comes out

i don’t know what else i expected

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

Cyno looks off... his signature weapon looks way too strong and his kit is totally ridiculous with 4 Thundering fury. I guess he has drawbacks but wow he puts eulittoxiao to shame.

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

:gowron::m10:

No Wave posted:

Nilou+Candace+Cyno kits have finally leaked. Cyno looks like he'll use deathmatch or maaaybe Kitain Cross Spear. Nilou will probably use the new craftable sword even though festering desire looks more fun. Candace can use favonious or black tassel.

Oof, not liking all the restrictions in Nilou's kit. Might have to be a pass for me. On the other hand, Cyno's whole aesthetic has me going "hell yea" even though I'm not usually into hypercarries that demand long, uninterrupted field time.

Glad to see Candace joining the 4* party infuser club. I hope I can figure out some way to make her work with Chongyun, but she should be fun to play around with regardless. If she's on Nilou's banner though...

RPATDO_LAMD
Mar 22, 2013

🐘🪠🍆
3.1 stuff is already leaking on reddit

Cyno: video, kit
Nilou: video 1, video 2, kit
Candace: video 1, video 2, kit

Some notes about the kits:
  • Cyno's burst is Razor v3.0, he pulls out lightning claws and unleashes his inner furry. But unlike Razor he does all electro and no physical damage. His skill adds 4 seconds to his burst duration with a 3s cd so he can stay electro-infused permanently if he wants to. He adds a bunch of flat damage to his infused attacks based on his EM so he is probably being pushed for quicken teams. Also he has a QTE gimmick! If he uses his skill at the right time when that giant eye appears on screen it gets bonus damage and shoots some homing electro bolts.
  • Nilou's skill does a 3 hit combo and then based on the final hit either shoots a sword beam and infuses herself for 2 more water combos or creates a lingering water pool that can apply wet after she swaps out. Her passive hugely boosts bloom reactions, but only if the team is 100% hydro and dendro units, so no Anemo/Zhongli allowed.
  • Candace is not actually a shielder, instead she has a Beidou/Yun Jin style parry skill. Her burst gives the whole team a hydro infusion, so I expect to see some funny reverse vape teams. Only 9s duration and 20s cd though so it seems noticeably weaker than Chongyun's skill. Also just like Chong it only works for melees so sadly no hypercarry hydro damage NA builds for yelan.

Tanreall
Apr 27, 2004

Did I mention I was gay for pirate ducks?

~SMcD
Hopefully Nilou's passive gets changed during beta, so she can be the queen of fridge teams.

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

New thread, must christen with freeze clips.

Always happy to have new mechs to trivialize with a freeze team. Extremely flavorful to take down with Aloy in the party.

https://i.imgur.com/uMxpTbW.mp4
Also pleased that the new artifact domain is like the easiest one to speed clear yet.

https://i.imgur.com/laaqe8w.mp4

YoshiOfYellow
Aug 21, 2015

Voted #1 Babysitter in Mushroom Kingdom

Goddamn Cyno looks badass as hell. All those animations are so good.

Kale
May 14, 2010

Honkai Impact is loving weird man. Just read a visual novel chapter where genderbent Thomas Edison threw on a powered armor suit and had a Dragon Ball Z like power struggle with a giant ball of evil Honkai energy threatening to blow up New York and then having a heart to heart with an AI Benjamin Franklin in a fake U.S Dollar Bill. :stare:

Maxwell Adams
Oct 21, 2000

T E E F S

No Wave posted:

Can set bow horizontal/vertical sensitivity individually.

Which is pointless, because the max setting is 5 and it needs to be more like 8.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

I'm very interested to see just how wet it is - if it's truly hydro samachurl levels of wet her optimal comp could be triple dendro. Her C0 damage doesnt seem that good so I think she'll maybe use the craftable sword + the -dendro res artifact set.

RPATDO_LAMD
Mar 22, 2013

🐘🪠🍆
if she applies infinite wet like that her optimal comp will be hu tao + xiangling :v:

Eimi
Nov 23, 2013

I will never log offshut up.

Nilou being so specific has me sad, so I hope that there are more general uses for her because I love her design/animations, same with Candace.

Maxwell Adams
Oct 21, 2000

T E E F S
free gems for some reason
https://genshin.hoyoverse.com/en/gift?code=6A6VJTWGCPYV

YoshiOfYellow
Aug 21, 2015

Voted #1 Babysitter in Mushroom Kingdom

Dendro MC's skill is way more shallow than I expect and I keep whiffing it because I'm too far away. Gonna take getting used to. The burst is pretty rad though.

MoonCrab
Nov 19, 2014

A mildly pertubed emoji face

YoshiOfYellow posted:

Dendro MC's skill is way more shallow than I expect and I keep whiffing it because I'm too far away. Gonna take getting used to. The burst is pretty rad though.

She's pretty nakedly designed for domains and abyss, in comparison to anemo and geo. I can accept it in the long term but it feels pretty weird how the hitbox seems to be a completely horizontal plane. She does do surprisingly high damage considering mine's at talent level 1 and holding the most terrible dendro% cup known to man. Looking forward to see how she does when she's kitted out well!

It's actually a 15 second cd and the duration seems to go up to 12 seconds with C1. It's an interesting kit, especially since she has a decent amount of buffs she gives naturally. One of the better 4s released after launch, for sure. Makes me wish Chong worked like this tbh...

Pope Urbane II
Nov 25, 2012
Drop rates of new enemy materials are not pissing me off. Definitely listened to feedback.

Stare-Out
Mar 11, 2010

Maxwell Adams posted:

Which is pointless, because the max setting is 5 and it needs to be more like 8.

Yeah with both at 5 vertical is still noticeably slower.

And thanks for this!

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

Got the Zhongli, 3 Colleis, 4 fischls. Kinda disappointed about not getting any Diona constellations but whatever. Whoever said that c6 Fischl was great was not lying lol

MoonCrab
Nov 19, 2014

A mildly pertubed emoji face
Sayu spinball is amazing now, 10/10 game, whale money well spent.

Edit: beat up a potentially innocent bystander and stole scraps of her clothes, some furniture, and her shawarma. This world, is cruel...

MoonCrab fucked around with this message at 19:26 on Aug 24, 2022

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

Pope Urbane II posted:

Drop rates of new enemy materials are not pissing me off. Definitely listened to feedback.
I'm a little ticked off because the thing that drops over and over and over isnt even useful. Tighnari's drop is fairly uncommon. It's nothing like spectre goo and handguards though ofc.

Traveller
Jan 6, 2012

WHIM AND FOPPERY

Game pretty, I decided to leave the main quest pretty much at the start to go goof around. The new human enemies are lovely in a Prince of Persia way, I really like the grappling effect on the traversal stars, and holy crap everything is so pretty seriously

Gyoru
Jul 13, 2004

Make sure you prioritize finishing the "Aranyaka" series of world quests in Sumeru because they unlock new region mechanics like a gadget among other things

Incoherence
May 22, 2004

POYO AND TEAR

Traveller posted:

Game pretty, I decided to leave the main quest pretty much at the start to go goof around. The new human enemies are lovely in a Prince of Persia way, I really like the grappling effect on the traversal stars, and holy crap everything is so pretty seriously
I'm pretty sure there's actually different dialogue if you wander off early enough and find a Withering Zone (or the other questline involving them) before Tighnari tells you about them.

The grapple points seem a bit temperamental, more so than the Inazuma ones, but the Inazuma grapple points weren't always active so I guess they don't want to make them too easy to trigger.

Port Ormos music slaps.

Excelzior
Jun 24, 2013

lol got Jean with my failed 50/50

and yeah Fischl X3 on the way

Traveller
Jan 6, 2012

WHIM AND FOPPERY

Incoherence posted:

I'm pretty sure there's actually different dialogue if you wander off early enough and find a Withering Zone (or the other questline involving them) before Tighnari tells you about them.

I found one but there wasn't any special dialogue aside from the tutorial prompt. I did see some sort of plant being that Paimon was alarmed about but it sounded like I was sequence breaking a little there.

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

Gonna finally be able to play the new stuff tonight, since I had only preloaded things on my phone and I prefer to use the PC for actual new/story content like this (I use mobile for most other gameplay just because it's convenient and I can do it while in bed or on the treadmill*). This game benefits a lot from being played on a big TV due to the colorful visuals.

* this results in falling sometimes, but it is in my own house so it isn't embarrassing

theblackw0lf
Apr 15, 2003

"...creating a vision of the sort of society you want to have in miniature"
Sumeru is the closest I’ve come in Genshin to feeling like I’m in a Miyazaki movie.

serefin99
Apr 15, 2016

Mikoooon~
Your lovely shrine maiden fox wife, Tamamo no Mae, is here to help!

Only just popped into Sumeru and activated my first statue. Are scarabs available to be farmed yet? Cuz I'd like to get a headstart on that before Cyno actually drops.

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

The desert (and thus scarabs) aren't available until 3.1

serefin99
Apr 15, 2016

Mikoooon~
Your lovely shrine maiden fox wife, Tamamo no Mae, is here to help!

gandlethorpe posted:

gdi

ExtrudeAlongCurve
Oct 21, 2010

Lambert is my Homeboy

Excelzior posted:

lol got Jean with my failed 50/50

and yeah Fischl X3 on the way

Same except like six dionas (who I had at c6). :smith:

Pretty sure this means I miss Dori because I'm not sure if I want Tigh bad enough to use a guarantee and I already have Ganyu and Kokomi and would be pissed if I lost my guarantee to either.

Please be first banner, Cyno. I'd hate to skip Candace and a chance at Nilou too.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

gandlethorpe posted:

I should really just make some alts already. This is clearly something they like doing.

Stare-Out
Mar 11, 2010

I like the new sand shader they have where it deforms slightly if you run, slide etc on it. It has a nice glimmer to it too.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RPATDO_LAMD
Mar 22, 2013

🐘🪠🍆

No Wave posted:

I should really just make some alts already. This is clearly something they like doing.

What so you can loot the alts' co-op worlds? Keep in mind that they have to be the same world level as your main account....
Just pester some goons until you find one who hasn't rolled the new character and doesn't mind. Or wait 3 days to level cyno up... 2 whole loads of mats should be more than enough.