Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Garrand
Dec 28, 2012

Rhino, you did this to me!

Meowywitch posted:

delete Dehya from the game imo

I'll delete you from the game :colbert:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Garrand posted:

I'll delete you from the game :colbert:

i already did that to myself!

Eimi
Nov 23, 2013

I will never log offshut up.

The only pull I really regret is Eula, but at least off my current usage I wouldn't notice much if my current pyro carries were gone. Or Venti, outside of events I can make easier with Venti and Kazuha's double aoe, I never use him. Ayaka's charge attack and skill ARE really satisfying it's just lame so much of her damage is in that burst. (So if it misses, pain)

Actually this made me want to go over my account and see what 5* I'd pull again off my usage/knowledge now.

Chiori - Probably not worth it overall, but I got her for Navia, my baby. Still working on leveling/gearing her.
Navia - My favorite character in the game, absolutely worth it.
Furina - Honestly I rarely use her. I know she's powerful, but I hate not having Festering and I didn't have Jean until recently. Maybe she'll get some use once I get Jean some gear.
Baizhu - He's an excellent sustain, I love his powerful full team heal on a skill. Sometimes I wish he was a PECH element so he'd be usable with Navia that's how much I like him.
Nahida - She is dendro, amazing unit, use all the time
Nilou - Surprise hit of Sumeru, she's insanely strong but I do have her paddle. Still use her basically every abyss and she clears her side, even this abyss with the terrible double dendro spectre
Yelan - Amazing, love her, though before Navia she had fallen out of my team use, but she's so back.
Yae Miko - The Ferarri of off field electro chars. I actually noticed her improvement over Fischl and I am happy I have her, but you never need her.
Shenhe - She makes Ayaka much stronger. I don't play Ayaka that much so objectively probably not super worth but I'm sure when Snez comes out I'll be happy she's there.
Kokomi - I've used her a bit less recently because I prefer how Baizhu's skill works. If her ult just placed down a second jellyfish she'd be insane, she's now merely good. Top tier design though.
Raiden - Objectively not worth it. I rarely if ever use her. Maybe if I get Chevreuse one day, I can just do Inazuma mass overload or something.
Yoimiya - Love her character, Ueda Kana best girl. This post kind of makes me want to hit the Shimenawa mines again.
Ayaka - I got her a bit late for her to be truly powerful, and I dislike how purely burst reliant she is. I can't say I'm sad I have her, there are times I bust her out. Maybe I should just give up on using Skyward Spine Shenhe and go back to Fav Lance.
Kazuha - The GOAT, just as strong now as he was in the past. S tier in combat and overworld.
Eula - Everyone warned me, I didn't listen, they were right.
Hu Tao - It's weird to say that her downside is she's so strong and everything happens so fast that I prefer other characters but that is what it is.
Zhongli - The GOAT 2, he's made me worse at the game, would pull again.
Venti - Very much not worth it.

Eimi fucked around with this message at 21:32 on Mar 21, 2024

YoshiOfYellow
Aug 21, 2015

Voted #1 Babysitter in Mushroom Kingdom

Dehya has one actually good niche which is as a Lyney support.

Lyney/Dehya/Bennett/Anemo works very well at letting Lyney pop off big charge shots without fear of interruption or death.

bagrada
Aug 4, 2007

The Demogorgon is tired of your silly human bickering!

I'm using everyone I've intentionally pulled except Kazuha (my first 5* last summer before I took a long break) and I don't regret him yet. I just didn't unlock Inazuma to ascend him until I already had Xianyun and she's more fun jumping around right now. My Eula and Yelan are underleveled but have helped me out a ton when I need them and are on the list to get caught up once my main teams are situated.

I did end up swiping so I could get Raiden, Nahida and Xianyun in quick succession and have no regrets with how fun they are and how much I like their characters and stories. I'm not to Nahida's yet but I've heard only good things there.

Over in Star Rail I regretted pulling for Kafka since I didn't use her (and hate Sampo) but I finished gearing her for 2.0 and she's been great this year with Black Swan. Plus, she's Kafka.

Mihoyo can definitely be an rear end in a top hat with their banner scheduling so I assume they do it on purpose. I'm glad I don't have to debate Kazuha v Neuv since I already got Kaz last year.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

HA! HA! NICE! WHAT A TOOL!
I'm surprised people dont complain more about specialty radar being stuck on Tighnati/Lyney forever. It's the reason I pulled, playing without specialty radar is suck.

Stare-Out
Mar 11, 2010

What is everyone's preferred strategy with the narwhal? I've tried everything, bruteforcing it with aggravate, a Lyney monopyro team, even a Xiao plunge with Furina but it's always an absolute slog.

Eimi
Nov 23, 2013

Stare-Out posted:

What is everyone's preferred strategy with the narwhal? I've tried everything, bruteforcing it with aggravate, a Lyney monopyro team, even a Xiao plunge with Furina but it's always an absolute slog.

My Navia and Yae are invested enough that they just kill it. I don't even get sucked inside anymore.

Tuxedo Catfish
Mar 17, 2007

You've got guts! Come to my village, I'll buy you lunch.

Stare-Out posted:

it's just a really lovely fight. if you have a super geared archer that's a little better than melee characters but i usually do it with a C1R1 Tighnari it's still a garbage encounter that only exists to waste your time

haypliss
Oct 2, 2022
The radar being kinda useless helps in not caring too much about lacking it, though it's not like I enjoyed setting most of my map pins based on starfish/bugs/flowers. Maybe a future character will finally break me.

Eimi
Nov 23, 2013

haypliss posted:

The radar being kinda useless helps in not caring too much about lacking it, though it's not like I enjoyed setting most of my map pins based on starfish/bugs/flowers. Maybe a future character will finally break me.

Yeah they don't have directional indicators on the mark, and mostly I just look up a map on where to go anyway. I guess the radar helps if one on the map escapes my notice my but eh...

Danakir
Feb 10, 2014
All the specialties sharing the exact same icon makes the radar pretty useless in practice for me.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

I want the radar upgraded to show what item they're finding nearby

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

Only a few of them really have overlap issues. Cyno beetles and Candace fruit were the most infamous. I did rainbow Rose yesterday and didnt run into that issue much except for a few lumidouce bells.

Excelzior
Jun 24, 2013

when im exploring a new region I mark the specialties and mineral clusters and after a while I just know them :shrug:

Stare-Out
Mar 11, 2010

Eimi posted:

My Navia and Yae are invested enough that they just kill it. I don't even get sucked inside anymore.

Yae is the one I use on the aggravate team and she's C2. I've tried a Navia team once but maybe I just got sick of chasing that huge fucker to have do damage to it or something.

Tuxedo Catfish posted:

it's just a really lovely fight. if you have a super geared archer that's a little better than melee characters but i usually do it with a C1R1 Tighnari it's still a garbage encounter that only exists to waste your time
Ganyu seems to be pretty effective because an auto-targeting ranged dps or an archer really are a must for it but you're right, it sucks poo poo, spectacular as it is.

Eimi
Nov 23, 2013

Stare-Out posted:

Yae is the one I use on the aggravate team and she's C2. I've tried a Navia team once but maybe I just got sick of chasing that huge fucker to have do damage to it or something.

Ganyu seems to be pretty effective because an auto-targeting ranged dps or an archer really are a must for it but you're right, it sucks poo poo, spectacular as it is.

Oh I mean because I'm a contrarian, I loathe Bennett and refuse to use him ever, so my Navia team is Yae/Navia/Yelan/Zhongli. Just to be clear. :v: I never really use Yelan in P1, hell until last week I hadn't even started using my burst, just Yae and Navia's skills/autos are enough to get it below 50% before it swallows me so it never does.

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe

No Wave posted:

I got my Dehya to friendship 10 and now that I've had some time to play with her I have to say she completely sucks. I will shill and stand up for and use random rear end characters but she is just toilet tier.

At C6R1, she's a decent C0 5 star character.

Lobsterpillar
Feb 4, 2014
I quite enjoy Gaming's spam of plunge attacks, and have been using him on a sort of burning /burgeon team along with nahida, baizu and Furina.
Any other team suggestions? I think that Nahida and Furina are probably doing the bulk of the damage, and I haven't built Gaming with EM for the Burgeon damage.

Shinji2015
Aug 31, 2007
Keen on the hygiene and on the mission like a super technician.

Eimi posted:

Furina - Honestly I rarely use her. I know she's powerful, but I hate not having Festering and I didn't have Jean until recently. Maybe she'll get some use once I get Jean some gear.

I am trying to use her in my current team (which is just basically a friendship team of mostly new characters I'm playing around with to see who I might like to use to build a team around), and she's just not clicking for me. I love the character so I want to want to use her, but I kinda don't like using her? It's very unfortunate

Ardlen
Sep 30, 2005
WoT

Lobsterpillar posted:

I quite enjoy Gaming's spam of plunge attacks, and have been using him on a sort of burning /burgeon team along with nahida, baizu and Furina.
Any other team suggestions? I think that Nahida and Furina are probably doing the bulk of the damage, and I haven't built Gaming with EM for the Burgeon damage.
Gaming/Furina/XY/Flex should work.

Note Block
May 14, 2007

nothing could fit so perfectly inside

Fun Shoe

Ardlen posted:

Gaming/Furina/XY/Flex should work.

my chenyu vale overworld team of Gaming/Furina/Cloud Retainer/Zhongli can hit like 300k on plunges sometimes, it's very funny (and fun!)

hit button
Mar 18, 2012

Gaming really really benefits from having c6 bennett.

Danakir
Feb 10, 2014
Kinda wonder how good Xianyun/Navia/Furina/Chiori would be, obviously using Xianyun so you can plunge with Navia when she's geo infused between gunbrella blasts.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
I cleared the last two abyss with Furina/Chiori/Ningguang so probably.

Eimi
Nov 23, 2013

Danakir posted:

Kinda wonder how good Xianyun/Navia/Furina/Chiori would be, obviously using Xianyun so you can plunge with Navia when she's geo infused between gunbrella blasts.

That's her highest simming team. So it should be pretty good.

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe
Navia’s geo infused plunge attacks are a massive source of damage when furina infused.

Mailer
Nov 4, 2009

Have you accepted The Void as your lord and savior?

Shinji2015 posted:

I am trying to use her in my current team (which is just basically a friendship team of mostly new characters I'm playing around with to see who I might like to use to build a team around), and she's just not clicking for me. I love the character so I want to want to use her, but I kinda don't like using her? It's very unfortunate

My friendship team for her was Baizhu/Fischl/Kazuha. This isn't an endorsement of that team as good for abyss, but it played into using her in the overworld well.

Ignoring the obvious Nerdvillet synergy you just need someone to fuel her with healing and someone to take advantage of her burst. Team selection largely depends on if and how you're using her hydro. That's pretty much all there is to Furina.

Tuxedo Catfish
Mar 17, 2007

You've got guts! Come to my village, I'll buy you lunch.
what's not to like, assuming you meet team comp reqs you just press QE every 18 seconds and she makes every other character better

ReVerve
Jul 13, 2001

Select and make your first pick.

Biscuit Hider

Danakir posted:

I've been running this team for clean up in Fontaine overworld, it's been fun.

RE Dehya: She can make most spots you can sit down metal AF if you place her skill as the 'back' of the 'chair' before sitting down (or behind NPC you are about to talk to). I still use her in a Neuv team so he sat in style for a bit.

bagrada
Aug 4, 2007

The Demogorgon is tired of your silly human bickering!

Jinxed, I hit early while building pity on the Chiori banner (wouldn't mind her but not going out of my way) and got my first Dehya. She just showed up for me in the Sumeru archon quest with Dunyarzad so I blame that.

I'll park my guarantee now for Neuv.

The quest lockouts are so strange. I tried to go to the teapot and it said I had to do the Childe story quest first, which I'd unlocked a week ago. Did the first leg of that, then it let me back in the teapot. It usually tells which NPC is involved but no idea what was up there.

Eimi
Nov 23, 2013

That's pretty lucky, if you want to actually use Dehya, Neuv is one of the few chars she's actually useful for. I won't say it's worth leveling her, but if you're a big fan it's at least a use.

Danakir
Feb 10, 2014

bagrada posted:

The quest lockouts are so strange. I tried to go to the teapot and it said I had to do the Childe story quest first, which I'd unlocked a week ago. Did the first leg of that, then it let me back in the teapot. It usually tells which NPC is involved but no idea what was up there.

Afaik it's because some quests block co-op and Teapot is considered to always be co-op even if you're alone.

Izzhov
Dec 6, 2013

My head hurts.
From what I've been able to figure, the canonically best exploration team in this game would be Gaming/Rosaria/Xianyun/Venti, with Xianyun holding a Lost Prayer to the Sacred Winds. It has most everything you could want:

-Two different kinds of jumpin' from Xianyun and Venti
-Movement speed boost and stamina buff from anemo resonance
-Movement speed boost from Lost Prayer
-Permanent movement speed boost from Gaming/Rosaria's daytime/nighttime passives
-Gaming claymore for mining
-Venti bow for barrel/balloon/etc challenges
-Pyro from Gaming for those electro rocks
-Healing from Xianyun

Izzhov fucked around with this message at 23:03 on Mar 22, 2024

Real Cool Catfish
Jun 6, 2011
Would probably swap out Rosaria for Yelan or someone who does bursts of speed.

Sanctum
Feb 14, 2005

Property was their religion
A church for one
Furina took me a while to take a liking to but now I use her even on some overworld teams. She can't replace Xingqiu or Yelan for off-field hydro application but Furina has uses. Her summons attack distant enemies and have a long uptime which is great for any team that needs a little hydro consistently. Freeze, hyperbloom, and quickbloom are the obvious picks. Attacking every torch and fireplace makes her a pain to manage but with a full-team healer you just let the HP drain happen and heal right after using Furina's burst to max out her fanfare. Furina makes up for her downsides by remotely killing enemies which is a massive timesaver.

The last team kills everything you look at. :suspense:

sushibandit
Feb 12, 2009

Oh hey I run that last team sometimes too. It's a pain though cause I have to switch out raiden's usual ER loadout for EM every time. Why they can't tie artifacts to characters on a per-team level I don't know.

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe
Furina's skill is nice in that it comepletely eliminates the need for grouping since it seeks out enemies faster than you can find them.

In my Xiao/Faruzan/Furina/Xianyun team, she out damages Xiao in all except meaty boss fights because she just kills everything while Xiao is being set up. VV swirled Crabaletta does a boat load of damage.

Excelzior
Jun 24, 2013

abyss-related question

have we ever seen the big Axe-wielding abyss knight anywhere in the game yet? what's up with that?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

Excelzior posted:

abyss-related question

have we ever seen the big Axe-wielding abyss knight anywhere in the game yet? what's up with that?
Yeah theyre not anywhere else. The black serpent series of enemies is a little confusing in general, their models and animations take a lot of work but they were given this glacial moveset and not really used outside of the Chasm. I feel like at some point they were supposed to be a harder version of the fatui soldiers (ie with endgame appropriate hp) but just ended up as punching bags with movesets that don't matter.