Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MoonCrab
Nov 19, 2014

A mildly pertubed emoji face

sushibandit posted:

Oh hey I run that last team sometimes too. It's a pain though cause I have to switch out raiden's usual ER loadout for EM every time. Why they can't tie artifacts to characters on a per-team level I don't know.

I run this exact team all the time, except I don't change Raiden's gear even a little bit. All I do is switch the three favs into widsith/festering/amber and let dendro resonance + nahida/baizhu buffs bump up her reactions to a reasonable level.

Raidens strength as an onfielder is her interrupt resistance and energy generation anyway

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sanctum
Feb 14, 2005

Property was their religion
A church for one
Yeah I'd rather use regular electro DPS raiden who is already geared for dealing aggravate damage. The hyperblooms are just incidental damage. Remember your active character gets 350 EM from Nahida + dendro resonance so Raiden can easily have 500+ EM without requiring an EM build.

Hyperbloom is great and all but understand you can only generate 4 particles from 2 bloom cores at a time so there's an upper limit to how much hyperbloom actually does. Better to focus on simultaneous aggravate damage.

kittenchops
Jul 24, 2013

I've been running Yoi, Ei, Chevy, and prinzessin der verurteilung. It's super fun in the overworked with overloads popping off constantly. Would recommend

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe

No Wave posted:

Yeah theyre not anywhere else. The black serpent series of enemies is a little confusing in general, their models and animations take a lot of work but they were given this glacial moveset and not really used outside of the Chasm. I feel like at some point they were supposed to be a harder version of the fatui soldiers (ie with endgame appropriate hp) but just ended up as punching bags with movesets that don't matter.

They matter the same way that the fatui matter in gatekeeping people who haven't been leveling their characters.

MoonCrab
Nov 19, 2014

Oh, theres a new update on the Arle beta

How interesting! It's just a note saying "don't bother thinking too hard about anything in the Arle beta." Well alrighty then! Hope she doesn't suck by the end of it!

Izzhov
Dec 6, 2013

My head hurts.

kittenchops posted:

I've been running Yoi, Ei, Chevy, and prinzessin der verurteilung. It's super fun in the overworked with overloads popping off constantly. Would recommend

Yeah Chevy teams are absolutely awesome, she's easily a top 5 favorite char I've pulled in this game.

Ei/Xiangling/Chevy/Sara is actually currently my strongest abyss team, and I run a pretty similar team to yours in the overworld a lot, it makes combat the most painless experience imaginable.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
Hahahaha silly little Diona wants me to brew a potion that will literally kill alcoholics. What a scamp!

An alcoholic beverage that you can't get drunk on would lead to the unaware drinking massive quantities chasing an effect they won't get which means they'd probably die of alcohol poisoning.

Shinji2015
Aug 31, 2007
Keen on the hygiene and on the mission like a super technician.
lol I loving hate Diona

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe
Diona in the version trailer made the vent sound like rear end. Glad she just had a walk on role.

That being said, she's one of my favorite eng VAs in the game. Shaken and stirred!

MoonCrab
Nov 19, 2014

The mondstadt pubbies kinda suck tbh

I support the cat's efforts, to kill every last one of them

MoonCrab
Nov 19, 2014

Thats not what the word pubbies means by the way. Use it at your own risk!!

Note Block
May 14, 2007

nothing could fit so perfectly inside

Fun Shoe
Kill them all and let Celestia sort them out.

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

I like how pissed off diona looks on the team select screen

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

MoonCrab posted:

I support the cat's efforts, to kill every last one of them

Dude, that's Ayako's job.

Izzhov
Dec 6, 2013

My head hurts.
The great fayz reaction debate event is unbelievably fun, to the point that I'm actually kind of mad that it's a limited time event

Imagine if this got released as like a "training mode" we could use to test out our rotations against generic waves of enemies

MoonCrab
Nov 19, 2014

Heartbreaking: local genshin player forced to play genshin after running out of encounter points

At least there's just one week left unit Neuv! And then one more week until Arle's kit solidifies into whatever it'll end up being! Until then, ded game

Vincent Van Goatse posted:

Dude, that's Ayako's job.

Incomprehensible for like a day until I googled it lol

Makes me wonder how many VAs in this game are also in something else, I don't really pay too much attention to this sort of thing most of the time

Shinji2015
Aug 31, 2007

MoonCrab posted:

Makes me wonder how many VAs in this game are also in something else, I don't really pay too much attention to this sort of thing most of the time

I just beat FFVII Rebirth this weekend, and I was surprised to see that Suzie Yeung (Eula) played Yuffie and Max Mittelman (Itto) played Red

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!

MoonCrab posted:

Literally most of them.

Lobsterpillar
Feb 4, 2014

No Wave posted:

Yeah theyre not anywhere else. The black serpent series of enemies is a little confusing in general, their models and animations take a lot of work but they were given this glacial moveset and not really used outside of the Chasm. I feel like at some point they were supposed to be a harder version of the fatui soldiers (ie with endgame appropriate hp) but just ended up as punching bags with movesets that don't matter.

They first came out in Enkanomika but only as special events if I remember correctly, around the time that Kokomi was released and have an anti-shield gimmick, because Zhongli, I guess.

Danakir
Feb 10, 2014
Their pre-release beta version punished you much more severely for having a shield but they toned them down very significantly so now most people just use Zhongli against them regardless and ignore their gimmick.

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe
That's true for most enemies with huge RES buffs, except for floor 12 abyss bosses.

You have a 90% damage reduction? Good, maybe you can survive a single rotation of my Hu Tao team.

Mailer
Nov 4, 2009

Have you accepted The Void as your lord and savior?
I have no doubt they'll take another crack at the Shields Are Bad shtick in the future, probably when we get another 5* off-field healer, but it'll likely be the same as the others where the solution is just do more damage.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

They should attack your reserve roster and put up Oregon Trail style messages saying someone has died if you don't play to their gimmick.

sushibandit
Feb 12, 2009

It is kind of surprising that there aren't really any enemies with damage cap or attenuation traits/skills instead of just regular old increased resistance, aside from those with elemental shields (abyss mages, etc), which aren't really a cap since they don't take damage in a normal way.

Like a buff or effect that prevents a single hit from reducing more than 10% of the enemy HP or something. That's what I was expecting the different types of serpent knights to be - hard counters to a specific playstyle or teamcomp which requires to you approach them differently (death by 1000 cuts instead of single big nuke, etc).

Anora
Feb 16, 2014

I fuckin suck!🪠

RareAcumen posted:

They should attack your reserve roster and put up Oregon Trail style messages saying someone has died if you don't play to their gimmick.

Having Bennett die of dysentery in the back row seems fitting

Raenir Salazar
Nov 5, 2010

College Slice
Jean: "Do you happen to know anything that makes you special?"
Lumine: Nope! She lied as naturally as she breathed.

Shinji2015
Aug 31, 2007

Raenir Salazar posted:

Jean: "Do you happen to know anything that makes you special?"
Lumine: Nope! She lied as naturally as she breathed.

lol I genuinely want to see an event where the Traveler is just terrible at whatever it's about, and it messes with them (it's very downplayed, but the Traveler does have a bit of an ego). Like, just imagine the needling Paimon could get out of it:

"Oh wow, Traveler, it looks like you're not the best at everything after all, huh?"
"Oh look Traveler, this newborn puppy is better at this than you are!"
"Oh geez, Traveler, even I'm not that bad!"

And the whole storyline of the event is the Traveler getting more and more mad that they can't do the thing

Raenir Salazar
Nov 5, 2010

College Slice

Shinji2015 posted:

lol I genuinely want to see an event where the Traveler is just terrible at whatever it's about, and it messes with them (it's very downplayed, but the Traveler does have a bit of an ego). Like, just imagine the needling Paimon could get out of it:

"Oh wow, Traveler, it looks like you're not the best at everything after all, huh?"
"Oh look Traveler, this newborn puppy is better at this than you are!"
"Oh geez, Traveler, even I'm not that bad!"

And the whole storyline of the event is the Traveler getting more and more mad that they can't do the thing

There's a lot of funny things that happen but are very subtle, like when the camera spends a second looking at Lumine and shes' either staring blankly or nervously shaking her head. I forget when the head shaking happened it was really funny to me, I'm still helping Venti be a terrible at being a god.

Mailer
Nov 4, 2009

Have you accepted The Void as your lord and savior?

sushibandit posted:

Like a buff or effect that prevents a single hit from reducing more than 10% of the enemy HP or something. That's what I was expecting the different types of serpent knights to be - hard counters to a specific playstyle or teamcomp which requires to you approach them differently (death by 1000 cuts instead of single big nuke, etc).

Big nukes have extremely specific setups and rely on pumping money into the game so they're never going to mess with that. The bulk of the changes target things that aren't whale-only: CC, grouping for aoe, shields, single team clears, etc. It's all soft touch changes that are difficult to quantify instead of stuff like "This enemy has 90% resistance to elemental burst damage from characters who have names starting with X"

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe
Here's a weird gimmick for an enemy. High resistances to everything BUT physical. C'mon, mhy, try it, just once.

Smoove J
Sep 13, 2003

yeah Meade's ok I spose
Looking for pulling advice. I got Chiori and her weapon, and I want to use her. Problem is I don’t have other Geos like Zhongli, Itto, Navia. I’m around 20 pulls from a guaranteed Itto, but now I’m wondering: should I forget it and wait to get the guaranteed Arlecchino instead?

I have a great Nilou team I love to play (Nilou with signature, Nahida, Kokomi, Furina), I have a good and fun Ganyu, I have some other 5 stars I don’t really use (Raiden, Keqing, Mona, Yae Miko, Jean) and I have most Geo 4 stars at high constellation (Ningguang, Gorou, Noelle, Yun Jin).

Priority one, I want to have a serviceable Chiori. Do I pull for Itto? Do I even need him and should I actually get Arlecchino instead? Should I wait for a different good Geo? When Itto first ran, I picked up his signature accidentally, so I have that, too, if it makes any difference. Anyway, thank you :)

Incoherence
May 22, 2004

POYO AND TEAR

Smoove J posted:

Looking for pulling advice. I got Chiori and her weapon, and I want to use her. Problem is I don’t have other Geos like Zhongli, Itto, Navia. I’m around 20 pulls from a guaranteed Itto, but now I’m wondering: should I forget it and wait to get the guaranteed Arlecchino instead?

I have a great Nilou team I love to play (Nilou with signature, Nahida, Kokomi, Furina), I have a good and fun Ganyu, I have some other 5 stars I don’t really use (Raiden, Keqing, Mona, Yae Miko, Jean) and I have most Geo 4 stars at high constellation (Ningguang, Gorou, Noelle, Yun Jin).

Priority one, I want to have a serviceable Chiori. Do I pull for Itto? Do I even need him and should I actually get Arlecchino instead? Should I wait for a different good Geo? When Itto first ran, I picked up his signature accidentally, so I have that, too, if it makes any difference. Anyway, thank you :)
C6 Noelle kinda does similar things to Itto, if you wanted to take that option. You'd want to put another construct on her team with Chiori, though.

Xun
Apr 25, 2010

Smoove J posted:

Do you have ningguang? Her screens count as constructs

Eimi
Nov 23, 2013

I will never log offshut up.

If you have Furina, c6 Noelle is an excellent unit nowadays.

haypliss
Oct 2, 2022
Itto is the carry of the team that best uses Chiori but I don't feel like that means he's the best thing to pull if you want to use her...if that makes sense? Especially when you'd be running the team without Zhongli anyway, which kind of ties your hands into running a shielder while Itto's construct is then your only way to enable Chiori. Noelle team has her own compromises to deal with due to lacking a construct and having to weigh that against Furina and Gorou supports. You could just make a double geo team with a carry/reaction support + Chiori/construct (not sure how many versions of this reasonably include a shield for geo reso).

I'm still banking on future geo leaning more towards synergy with Chiori and increasing her value, but Navia exists and completely bucked her element so who knows. Synergistic or not, could take forever to even get another geo.

sushibandit
Feb 12, 2009

Isn't there some noise about an upcoming geo healer archer who uses constructs?

Aside from that, she "works" as a replacement for Albedo in any team that he can slot into - she just gets a lot better with a 2nd geo unit that uses constructs. At C1 she works at full-strength on any team with a 2nd Geo regardless of whether their kit has a construct. As others have mentioned, Ningguang is decent with her as the 2nd Geo since her screens are constructs.

I mainly run her as Chiori / Navia / Furina / flex - Bennett for big numbers or Kuki for heals (Charlotte would probably work too since she's got a full-team heal). With sufficient elemental application to keep the crystallize shards flowing, I rarely find myself without a shield in active combat.

Anyway, Itto has a distinct playstyle and requires a pretty specific team comp to do big fun numbers. If you're considering pulling him for Chiori I'd definitely say to at least play his trial a number of times and keep going past the first round to get a solid feel for his kit and playstyle. He's a selfish DPS, so he's gonna have most of the field time on his teams.

haypliss
Oct 2, 2022

sushibandit posted:

Not seeing anything on the sub from a skim (deleted?), but I know there was a design for a new guy that appeared recently.

FractalSandwich
Apr 25, 2010

sushibandit posted:

Momoka lives?!

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe

FractalSandwich posted:

Momoka lives?!

legitimately loled irl

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
I used Chiori/Ningguang to clear abyss the last two rotations. Chiori into Ningguang is smooth transition, and you have time to fire off Ning's burst+charge attack before getting back to chiori's long cooldowns.