Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Danakir
Feb 10, 2014
I have Itto C1 and I use him with Chiori without her signature weapon and it's great, very smooth gameplay and funny big numbers. But that's with Gorou C6 and Zhongli too. So with that said, while it's not going to be optimal, as a geo sub-DPS the truth is Chiori can work in pretty much any team.

But Itto/Navia teams are where she really shines. Itto without all his pieces is kind of rough though so... I can't really recommend him then. It's a bit scuffed but if that's your situation then any kind of mono Geo team, whether that's Noelle C6 or something else is probably going to work alright.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MoonCrab
Nov 19, 2014

A mildly pertubed emoji face
Recently I've been spending all my time in the MarHun domain out a desire to maybe improve my Neuv's future set. And while this hasn't actually happened yet, the domain HAS been spitting out some super weird pieces which I have convinced myself are some sort of omen of the future. Behold!

Now, my powers of prognostication have failed pretty much every time I think. But maybe this time, they won't? Seeing if it becomes true is weirdly making me kinda look forward to Clorinde a little, despite the fact that I hadn't really had any desire to pick her up before now. Also, since I don't really have a chance of picking here up unless both Neuv and Arle rolls go very well.

Edit: wait nevermind, this is just a taser Raiden set for Furina teams. Move along everyone...

MoonCrab fucked around with this message at 06:38 on Mar 28, 2024

Maxwells Demon
Jan 15, 2007

ninjoatse.cx posted:

Here's a weird gimmick for an enemy. High resistances to everything BUT physical. C'mon, mhy, try it, just once.

I think that's Electro Cicin Mages' thing, at least back when I was AR <30 and overworld exploration was not a complete joke.

Izzhov
Dec 6, 2013

My head hurts.
I got a teambuilding question: if I'm making a Raiden/Nahida/Kokomi/DMC team where Nahida is holding Deepwood Memories, what artifact set should DMC use?

Excelzior
Jun 24, 2013

Kazuha/Neuv banners will feature XQ, Barbara and Yanfei

..meh? Getting to finally play around with tankfei would be neat I guess but the others I've long C6'd

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

Izzhov posted:

I got a teambuilding question: if I'm making a Raiden/Nahida/Kokomi/DMC team where Nahida is holding Deepwood Memories, what artifact set should DMC use?

Maybe 4 pc gilded dreams for the party buffs or emblem of sf? Tbh, I'm not really sure what dmc is doing to contribute all that much to that hyperbloom team, doesnt nahida have all your dendro application covered?

Tampa Bae
Aug 23, 2021

Please, this is all I have

Excelzior posted:

Kazuha/Neuv banners will feature XQ, Barbara and Yanfei

..meh? Getting to finally play around with tankfei would be neat I guess but the others I've long C6'd
My Yanfei is C4, my XQ is C5, and my Barbara is C6 so I feel like I'd just be playing with landmines rolling on that banner. I always thought I needed a Kazuha, especially since I didn't have a Sucrose or Venti on that account but a year into playing now I don't feel like I need him much at all since they're doing a better job at filling gaps in between teams when new characters come out and not every team just has a free slot for Kazuha

He'd slot in best in my Neuvillette team but I've also got a Nahida/Beidou/Fischl built I haven't put on any teams yet

Nakar
Sep 2, 2002

Ultima Ratio Regum

Izzhov posted:

Honestly, DMC should hold Deepwood and Nahida should use Gilded Dreams, if you have stronger GD artifacts. You probably don't, though, or just don't want to juggle Deepwood back on Nahida any time she won't be on a double Dendro team, which is understandable.

Noblesse could work on DMC with lots of ER if you have it.

Raenir Salazar
Nov 5, 2010

College Slice
Argh, I wasn't able to claim my commission bonus rewards because someone logged into my world and now they're gone the next day. :(

Izzhov
Dec 6, 2013

My head hurts.
Thanks both for the advice!

DeadFatDuckFat posted:

Tbh, I'm not really sure what dmc is doing to contribute all that much to that hyperbloom team, doesnt nahida have all your dendro application covered?

To be perfectly frank, I actually copied this particular team from the Keqingmains Nahida guide. For reference, they recommend a rotation of: Raiden E > Nahida N1E > Kokomi E > Dendro Traveler E N1Q > Kokomi Q 5[N3D]. But also, I really want to use DMC for sentimental reasons - I love any team that allows me to actually use the main character of the video game. Plus the Dendro Resonance + batterying couldn't hurt!

Smoove J
Sep 13, 2003

yeah Meade's ok I spose
Yes thanks everyone for the good Chiori team advice. I played around with Itto more and his playstyle seems like something I’d enjoy. Will I really lose out from not having Zhongli as a shielder, though? I feel like I’ve gone this long without him, but I don’t know what I’m missing.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

HA! HA! NICE! WHAT A TOOL!

Smoove J posted:

Yes thanks everyone for the good Chiori team advice. I played around with Itto more and his playstyle seems like something I’d enjoy. Will I really lose out from not having Zhongli as a shielder, though? I feel like I’ve gone this long without him, but I don’t know what I’m missing.
Zhongli in the geo team is weird. He really is the best 4th member, but it still feels wrong. The reason he's run is a.) geo resonance needs a shield to activate and geo resonance is very important to the comp and b.) gorou C4'd heals are tiny so the fat shields actually do extra work and c.) there are basically no units that buff itto's charge attacks. Any cryo/pyro/electro/hydro healer/shielder with steady application that follows you could take his place but there arent many. Kuki seems to spreadsheet fine as a replacement (and think of the lore!). It's a real shame that barbara's cooldown is so freaking long because she'd fit perfectly otherwise.

No Wave fucked around with this message at 15:58 on Mar 28, 2024

haypliss
Oct 2, 2022
Zhongli improves the team in the sense that he shields and drops a construct at the same time, so you can easily flow from him into the rest of your team and end on Itto. With just Itto/Gorou/Chiori/shield, you have to drop Itto's construct before setting up Chiori, then go back to him so it's less of a natural flow (could also mess with your energy I suppose).

e: Her skill is not this restrictive, oops.

haypliss fucked around with this message at 16:11 on Mar 28, 2024

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

Chiori's second doll will show up later if you ushi after her E and will have the same duration as usual (ie if it appeared 5 seconds after doll 1 it will disappear 5 seconds after doll 1), you'll miss out on some gorou buff but it shouldnt be a big deal given that its only an issue during your first cycle (I forget if her E even snapshots but I assume so).

haypliss
Oct 2, 2022
Suppose that's what I get for not following her beta or having misunderstood her skill from the beginning, but that's smart design on their part. Then yeah ZL is mainly nice for your resonance enabler + additional geo shred, but is also so splashable he's not a bad roll anyway.

Danakir
Feb 10, 2014
Chiori's skill doesn't snapshot afaik but ultimately it's not that big of a deal. You can absolutely start with an Ushi throw and have enough time to use another one when Itto uses his burst with the mono geo team. I know because I do it all the time. The trick is to use Zhongli's burst so that it all lines up perfectly from those few seconds extra. So something like Itto E into Zhongli E>Q then Chiori Q>E>E then Gorou E>Q then Itto Q>N1>E and then you do your combo.

Shinji2015
Aug 31, 2007
Keen on the hygiene and on the mission like a super technician.
Getting through the potion event, and lol at Lisa looking at Gorou and Kirara and going "yeah obviously you'd make for good friends for my feral child" in the most stereotyping mom way possible. Like, Razor was raised by animals, but is fully human otherwise, what the gently caress does he have in common with a dog person who's afraid of confident women an actual general and a youkai?

MoonCrab
Nov 19, 2014

This MarHun Raiden taser team is really good :(

Think it might actually be the strongest single target team on my personal account. Maybe Plunge Tao beats it, but the version with Yelan instead of Xingqiu gets flopped around sometimes so this might be better in practice. Time to update the old "MarHun onfielder" chart...

Pretty useful set!

(For those not "in the know", all those characters are using Furina. She's such a menace lol)

Edit: Hmm, on second thought I'm not so sure about Klee and Yanfei. I put Klee higher since her higher raw attack makes her better in Bennet-less teams (plunge vape) but it's not really that big a deal. Should she go down or Yanfei go up I wonder... leaning towards Yanfei up atm

MoonCrab fucked around with this message at 23:53 on Mar 28, 2024

sushibandit
Feb 12, 2009

The upcoming weapon banner seems not-terrible? Even if you don't have Neuv, the catalyst looks like an okay stat stick, and a handful of characters can make use of the sword, including Kuki. Guess the 4star weapons are pretty meh though.

Raenir Salazar
Nov 5, 2010

College Slice
Oh my god Barbara's adorable and hilarious in the cutscene she's introduced in. :unsmith:

Real Cool Catfish
Jun 6, 2011
Having a grand time with Noelle C6/Navia/Furina/Gorou.

My first real Geo team in far too long of playing this game.

Nakar
Sep 2, 2002

Ultima Ratio Regum

Real Cool Catfish posted:

Having a grand time with Noelle C6/Navia/Furina/Gorou.

My first real Geo team in far too long of playing this game.
Itto's sword is secretly just Noelle's sword. The colors even match.

EDIT: Ironically, the two characters for whom Redhorn is the best match have preferred modes they should be in at all times where you cannot actually see what their weapon even looks like and/or they use a different one.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

Thats why its nice that serpent spine is so good on them, you dont have to look at that hideous thing.

Sanctum
Feb 14, 2005

Property was their religion
A church for one

Bummed about the absence of Kaveh on this banner. I'm getting a cons for both Kazuha and Neuvillette but it's gonna be painful seeing so many duplicate 4*s along the way.

Shinji2015
Aug 31, 2007
Keen on the hygiene and on the mission like a super technician.
When was the last time Kaveh was on a banner? I feel like it's been a minute

Adhesive Gamin
Sep 29, 2010

Meatoberfest is in full swing.
Kaveh and Layla are 16 and 17 banners out, then Heizou and Razor at 14 and 13

https://genshin-impact.fandom.com/wiki/Wish/Featured#4-Star_Characters

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

No wonder it feels like my layla has been C5 for a year (because she has been).

Ardlen
Sep 30, 2005
WoT

Kaveh has also never had a rerun, which doesn't help matters.

haypliss
Oct 2, 2022
They'll put him on with uhhhh Sigewinne.

Real Cool Catfish
Jun 6, 2011
My attempts at a Kaveh team are just a Nilou team with Kaveh doing his best to try and get ownership of cores.

Layla however has done some solid work with the shield/freeze combo, used her in the Abyss with Neuv more than once.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

I was very tempted to do Chronicled wishes for weapons every couple days this month but then I'd shrug that off and keep waiting to see if Arlecchino or Chlorinde would be cool instead.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

I'm at C4 Tighnari so maybe I'll be forced into chronicled wish for his weapon some day. Maybe by the time fontaine has one.

No Wave fucked around with this message at 22:58 on Mar 29, 2024

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

At the point where I am now (10 5* characters away from having everyone) and having had phenomenal luck in winning 50/50s throughout my playtime, my one greedy complaint is that I've never had a dual 5* win. I've had them back to back but never on the same pull and I really want that to happen someday.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

It's one of those things you see a lot less if you're cautious. If you do 10 pulls up through soft pity you're much more likely to see it, if you do single pulls for a character you want C0 from 74 and beyond you're drastically much less likely to ever see a double pull. I've gotten a 5* 2 pulls after a 5* but never on the same screen (but I rarely 10 pull at all).

Your base odds are 1 in 400 with no pities, but a 10 pull at 74 pity has something like 1 in 30 odds to be a double.

No Wave fucked around with this message at 23:49 on Mar 29, 2024

FractalSandwich
Apr 25, 2010
The theoretically optimal way to play is to only ever single pull, yeah. 10-pulling does have some utility in PvP, for inflicting maximum emotional damage per screenshot.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

I don't remember when I actually started being able to do consistent 10 pulls but ever since I took the gamble on doing one and finding out that it gives you all of them at once in a convenient line that's all I do. I am used to TF2 lootboxes for gacha exposure, I do not have rituals to this aside from 'Eh, I guess I'll go do it somewhere in the city they're from.'

Mailer
Nov 4, 2009

Have you accepted The Void as your lord and savior?

Real Cool Catfish posted:

My attempts at a Kaveh team are just a Nilou team with Kaveh doing his best to try and get ownership of cores.

I built that team up but the insane artifacts required for Kaveh killed it. Having 1000 EM and enough ER to burst on cooldown is rough as hell. You're either doing a huge amount of damage in his burst window or everything falls apart.

Sanctum
Feb 14, 2005

Property was their religion
A church for one
So I have a r5 sacrificial jade for Neuvillette. Problem is he has a great MH set with too much crit rate to use sacrifical jade.

Proto amber Neuv's crit rate is 80.3% (44.3% + 36% w/ MH stacks.) Proto amber also helps out with his energy and the team-wide heal is just nice to have because I use him with ZL. Swapping to sacrificial jade puts Neuv at 117% crit rate and in need of energy. Too much crit rate is a good problem to have but it's still a problem. So I thought maybe I could swap to 4-piece Heart of Depths where the 4-piece HoD charged attack buff is objectively better than the 2-piece MH bonus assuming I can maintain the HoD buff more than 50% of the time. Even so swapping an effective 19% crit rate for +15% hydro dmg isn't exactly a step forward.

I don't see a way to break Neuvillette out of his mold to best use the artifacts I have. And I happen to have MH pieces with amazing crit rate substats and nothing else. That crit rate is great for Gaming but doesn't really help with Neuv overshooting the crit cap to such an absurd degree. I wont be grinding more MH domain anytime soon I have a lot of catching up to do with Deepwood/Gilded artifacts.

Maxwell Adams
Oct 21, 2000

T E E F S

Got my 4 piece glad set and a skyward spine all ready. Come home Arelecchino, let's party like it's 2021.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MoonCrab
Nov 19, 2014

1st thought (image): I also thought about Candace vape but if you use her burst then Benny's pyro infusion will get overridden by hydro. You can switch to a pure dps weapon without losing anything, even switch to Shimenawa if you have good pieces. Or, you can switch to hydro to try to forward vape. I can't really test on my account since I have C6 and as long as we have to use Benny+Xiangling then pyro app will be too spotty if (when) the hydro aura overtakes pyro. Yet another team where a "pyro Nahida" would be a huge improvement :v:

2nd thought (text): Oh.