Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

mycot
Oct 23, 2014

"It's okay. There are other Terminators! Just give us this one!"
Hell Gem

MoonCrab posted:

Grumble grumble, I finally decide to get rid of all these Exile and Instructor artifacts that I decided I was never gonna actually use and now there's a new book thing that rewards you for maxing out 8 of them. Might as well do it! I GUESS!!
Oh so that's what happened. I was just wondering if I did them before amd they reset.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

HA! HA! NICE! WHAT A TOOL!
Clorinde full kit leaks are out it's looking like all her damage counts as NAs which feels like it makes Haran way too close to her BiS in peerformance but I own Haran so I'm not going to complain. Most of her damage actually comes from her passive so it'ĺ be very important for your three characters to trigger electro reactions. Black sword is also great on her as a 4* if they dont change how her kit works.

Impossible to tell how strong she is until we know how fast her attacks are. Its hard for me to see her in anything besides aggravate (assuming quicken counts as an electro reaction, which I think it does even though spread doesnt). Some interesting potential for echoes and Thundering Fury.

ThePineapple
Oct 19, 2009
Haven't been paying attention to Genshin much recently (still need to explore the entire chenyu vale) but I'm going to pop back in for a bit and catch up.

As someone who primarily pulls for meta / usefulness (and partially fun-ness to play and overworld exploration), how good are people thinking Arlecchino is? From youtube vids she seems like a powercrept Hu Tao that doesn't have to jump cancel? I really like her aesthetic design but not sure about a "spam NA" playstyle

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

She's very good, can really use bennett kazuha yelan well because short rotation better (bigger BoL buff). Has the nice brain off easy to use normal attacks like haitham. The trial is basically accurate though you wont have a cool scythe without her R1.

AParadox
Jan 7, 2012

No Wave posted:

Clorinde full kit leaks are out it's looking like all her damage counts as NAs which feels like it makes Haran way too close to her BiS in peerformance but I own Haran so I'm not going to complain. Most of her damage actually comes from her passive so it'ĺ be very important for your three characters to trigger electro reactions. Black sword is also great on her as a 4* if they dont change how her kit works.

Impossible to tell how strong she is until we know how fast her attacks are. Its hard for me to see her in anything besides aggravate (assuming quicken counts as an electro reaction, which I think it does even though spread doesnt). Some interesting potential for echoes and Thundering Fury.

I wonder how we can get 3 electro procs with her. Its a pain in the rear end with Neuv already and he can use his skill and normals as setup while she can't waste anything. Quicken also eats up electro aura really fast so its unlikely she can get that many reactions during her fieldtime unless her proc rate is insane or you break quicken with something else and miss agravate procs.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!

ThePineapple posted:

As someone who primarily pulls for meta / usefulness (and partially fun-ness to play and overworld exploration), how good are people thinking Arlecchino is? From youtube vids she seems like a powercrept Hu Tao that doesn't have to jump cancel? I really like her aesthetic design but not sure about a "spam NA" playstyle

Power creep only in aoe and only if you don't have cloud retainer in the new Hu Tao teams. But even then, the aoe isn't a real factor because hu tao normals also work for the most part in most aoe situations.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

AParadox posted:

I wonder how we can get 3 electro procs with her. Its a pain in the rear end with Neuv already and he can use his skill and normals as setup while she can't waste anything. Quicken also eats up electro aura really fast so its unlikely she can get that many reactions during her fieldtime unless her proc rate is insane or you break quicken with something else and miss agravate procs.
As I'm interpreting it you only need each offfielder to proc at least one reaction every 15 seconds. So just doing Fischl E, kazuha EQ, baizhu E should proc electro swirl, quicken, aggravate and you should be set. From there every time clorinde triggers an ICD she should aggravate.

Note Block
May 14, 2007

nothing could fit so perfectly inside

Fun Shoe

Nakar posted:

The Fountain of Lucine can also be maxed. I was at 299 Hydro Sigils when the patch dropped and thus exactly 1 off from being able to instantly max it without any 4.6 chests, so if there were a few I missed elsewhere in Fontaine you actually don't need to do any treasure hunting in the new areas to max the fountain.

Yes, you're missing at least one chest, probably the co-op chest. There were enough sigils to max the fountain ASAP, I know because I did it.

edit: there were 321 hydro sigils left over by the end of 4.3 so you are missing at least a dozen chests from the 4.0-4.3 Fontaine regions!

Note Block fucked around with this message at 18:03 on Apr 24, 2024

AParadox
Jan 7, 2012

No Wave posted:

As I'm interpreting it you only need each offfielder to proc at least one reaction every 15 seconds. So just doing Fischl E, kazuha EQ, baizhu E should proc electro swirl, quicken, aggravate and you should be set. From there every time clorinde triggers an ICD she should aggravate.

You're right, the wording is different from Neuv who needs different elemental reactions rather than just party members triggering any electro reactions. That's why she doesn't have a C1 making it easier, probably.

Zwiebel
Feb 19, 2011

Hi!
Question for Arlecchino havers, since I'm not getting her:

Arlecchino quest spoilers: She mentions at the start of the quest that she's not Fontanian. Does that means she can't dolphin jump?

FractalSandwich
Apr 25, 2010

Zwiebel posted:

Arlecchino quest spoilers: She mentions at the start of the quest that she's not Fontanian. Does that means she can't dolphin jump?
She can't.

Note Block
May 14, 2007

Fun Shoe

Zwiebel posted:

She cannot! No Arkhe either.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

if you look closely every char's vision has its own shape based on the country they're from, separate from the element. monstadt visions have wings, liyue visions are a square, inazuma visions are an orb shape, sumeru visions are shaped sort of like a seed or flower bud, fontaine visions are sort of clasped in two ribbon shaped designs, and snezhnaya visions are a sharp diamond shape. only characters with the fontaine vision can dolphin jump. arle has the snezhnaya vision.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

well technically neuvilette doesnt have a vision as hes a dragon but we'll forgive him

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

rest in loving pieces

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

So I have two questions and one of them is dumb. I won Lyney so which bow would people recommend for him; Amos or Skyward Harp?

Next, does anyone have a 5* weapon tier list? I'm in that weird 'Gotta Catch em' All' section of playing this game where I want to get everyone at least C0 for 5*s and I don't know who's weapons are worth it aside for the fact that I definitely want to get a Staff of Homa and maybe an Engulfing Lighting and C2 Raiden so she's better at being a frontline fighter instead using her mostly off-field like Albedo aside from her burst like I have been doing so far.

Note Block
May 14, 2007

Fun Shoe
I AM BEING EXTREMELY CALLED OUT

Note Block
May 14, 2007

Fun Shoe

RareAcumen posted:

So I have two questions and one of them is dumb. I won Lyney so which bow would people recommend for him; Amos or Skyward Harp?

Next, does anyone have a 5* weapon tier list? I'm in that weird 'Gotta Catch em' All' section of playing this game where I want to get everyone at least C0 for 5*s and I don't know who's weapons are worth it aside for the fact that I definitely want to get a Staff of Homa and maybe an Engulfing Lighting and C2 Raiden so she's better at being a frontline fighter instead using her mostly off-field like Albedo aside from her burst like I have been doing so far.

My immediate thought is Amos over Skyward but you can consult the all-mighty spreadsheet or KQM for more in-depth answers!

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/e/2PACX-1vRq-sQxkvdbvaJtQAGG6iVz2q2UN9FCKZ8Mkyis87QHFptcOU3ViLh0_PJyMxFSgwJZrd10kbYpQFl1/pubhtml
https://keqingmains.com/q/lyney-quickguide/#Weapons

As for Tier lists, not every weapon is good for everyone, so are you looking for an "All over these are the best weapons for the most characters" or more of a "Here's each best 5* weapon (situational) for each 5* character" because there's definitely a distinction.

While there's a part of me that wishes (pun intended?) that I could trade my overabundance of 5* weapons, I completely understand why Genshin does not allow this. I worked specifically on combatting RMT on several MMOs and the moment trade becomes a thing, real money trade becomes involved, no matter what. I have three solid rows of lvl1 5* weapons I don't give a gently caress about. Well, at least y'all can borrow my C6 characters in the new abyss now...

https://x.com/bakuuhatsu/status/1780646607303688687

Endorph posted:

if you look closely every char's vision has its own shape based on the country they're from, separate from the element. monstadt visions have wings, liyue visions are a square, inazuma visions are an orb shape, sumeru visions are shaped sort of like a seed or flower bud, fontaine visions are sort of clasped in two ribbon shaped designs, and snezhnaya visions are a sharp diamond shape. only characters with the fontaine vision can dolphin jump. arle has the snezhnaya vision.

TECHNICALLY THESE ARE FATUI VISIONS as it says so literally in the file name. We haven't seen an actual non-fatui Snezhnayan vision yet.

Note Block fucked around with this message at 19:03 on Apr 24, 2024

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

RareAcumen posted:

With the new group of battle pass weapons and all the accumulated craftables/event weapons 4* weapons are so strong that "generalist" 5*s aren't super impressive outside of their intended user. If you do intend to try for a weapon do it because you want it for a specific character.

Your baselines for evaluating a weapon are usually wolf fang, serpent spine, deathmatch/ballad of the fjords, widsith, and stringless/rust, the nunber of characters who even get a 10% dps buff with their signature over these or other 4*s is pretty small. (I think Tighnari might be the character with the biggest performance gap between signaure and 4*?)

Note Block
May 14, 2007

Fun Shoe

No Wave posted:

With the new group of battle pass weapons and all the accumulated craftables/event weapons 4* weapons are so strong that "generalist" 5*s aren't super impressive outside of their intended user. If you do intend to try for a weapon do it because you want it for a specific character.

Your baselines for evaluating a weapon are usually wolf fang, serpent spine, deathmatch/ballad of the fjords, widsith, and stringless/rust, the nunber of characters who even get a 10% dps buff with their signature over these or other 4*s is pretty small. (I think Tighnari might be the character with the biggest performance gap between signaure and 4*?)

Yeah there is like, what, a 5% difference between the BP catalyst Sacrificial Jade and Neuvillette's signature weapon? LOL'

Also Noelle doesn't really have a signature weapon as a 4* but she has the biggest gap between Redhorn Stonethresher and EVERYTHING loving ELSE

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

I'll confess I did pull Neuv R1 (after leveling sac jade) because constantly thinking about the sac jade passive was actually driving me insane.

Noelle and Itto actually do very well with Serpent Spine, but I am very drawn to Redhorn regardless for some reason (still havent pulled it, yet)

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

the only 5* weapons id say its worth going out of your way for are homa, aqua simulacra, staff of the scarlet sands, beacon of the reed sea, and primordial jade cutter.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

i have two staff of the scarlet sands and i get use out of both of them

Note Block
May 14, 2007

Fun Shoe

No Wave posted:

I'll confess I did pull Neuv R1 (after leveling sac jade) because constantly thinking about the sac jade passive was actually driving me insane.

Noelle and Itto actually do very well with Serpent Spine, but I am very drawn to Redhorn regardless for some reason (still havent pulled it, yet)

I respect this and did the same. Like Sac Jade is great for our dragon daddy but micromanaging him with it is a bit of a nightmare personally. Prototype Amber is still decent for him as well and I feel works better when he's paired with Furina since it helps gain Fanfare stacks.

Endorph posted:

the only 5* weapons id say its worth going out of your way for are homa, aqua simulacra, staff of the scarlet sands, beacon of the reed sea, and primordial jade cutter.

Add Redhorn to this list and it's fine. Too bad about Beacon though. Like if your choice is to wait for an Itto banner or debase yourself to that third wacky banner, uh, wait for Redhorn over Beacon.

FractalSandwich
Apr 25, 2010

RareAcumen posted:

If you're expecting Engulfing Lightning to turn Raiden into a full-time onfielder, you'll be disappointed. Burst DPS is just what she does.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

yea i just use prototype amber

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

if you want raiden on field, its a teamcomp thing, not a constellation or weapon thing. just run her in raiden national.

haypliss
Oct 2, 2022
Neuv R1 being a crit energy weapon just seemed too good to pass up over Jade, but this sort of thing also led me to Xianyun R1.

Note Block
May 14, 2007

Fun Shoe

FractalSandwich posted:

If you're expecting Engulfing Lightning to turn Raiden into a full-time onfielder, you'll be disappointed. Burst DPS is just what she does.

My C6R5 Raiden isn't as strong as my C1R1 Navia or my (now) C1R1 Neuvillette overall. Under optimal conditions (but not strictly damage-per-screenshot) my Raiden bursts for roughly 333k damage which is sad by today's standards. And the difference between Navia's Verdict and Serpent Spine is like less than 5%. I threw money at my girlfriend to pull for Verdict because it's axe and she deserves to be spoiled. All this is to say I agree with you, Engulfing Lightning has been outpaced significantly by other weapons and is already super close to R5 The Catch anyways.

Note Block fucked around with this message at 19:19 on Apr 24, 2024

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

i mean raiden is a support/dps hybrid, thats why her best team *is* raiden national, where theres two other burst characters. the amount of damage her burst does is like a third of her value.

Scoss
Aug 17, 2015

Tae posted:

Power creep only in aoe and only if you don't have cloud retainer in the new Hu Tao teams. But even then, the aoe isn't a real factor because hu tao normals also work for the most part in most aoe situations.

Tell me about these new Hutao / Cloud Retainer teams. Do they just work well together or is there some secret spice?

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

No Wave posted:

Note Block posted:

Yeah there is like, what, a 5% difference between the BP catalyst Sacrificial Jade and Neuvillette's signature weapon? LOL'

Also Noelle doesn't really have a signature weapon as a 4* but she has the biggest gap between Redhorn Stonethresher and EVERYTHING loving ELSE

Yeah I ask because I don't do any number crunching myself so I dunno how big a boost things would give people, I just generally aim for a good crit rate/damage ratio or EM/HP whatever on artifacts and I assume that some things like Furina's sword would be better than R5 Festering Desire even if it's not skyrocketing her damage up to Navia levels. Mostly just wondering on whether or not people's signature weapons are worth it or not, since I've got Eula and Itto's and they definitely helped them, Razor and Noelle compared to the Snow-Tombed Starsilver/Prototype Archaic and Whiteblind they were using beforehand.

Endorph posted:

Like honestly this is about what I'm looking for because I can easily start falling down a hole of trying to get way more than I really need. I'm just curious because there's things like Polar Star is apparently Fischl's best weapon and she's not the only bow character who relies on their skills over normal attacks so I could use that for a few people. Mostly just asking because it's nice to have stuff, not because I'm trying to break into the Abyss or anything, if there's no tough story mission or weekly boss, this game's chill to play for me at this point.

Edit: Arlecchino pulls are going great, I'm almost suspicious that they boost your rates on characters if you're skipping banners or something. I got mine on the literal first pull I did.

https://twitter.com/eremikayuri/status/1782968029707399381

RareAcumen fucked around with this message at 19:52 on Apr 24, 2024

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

Fischl is SO good with stringless now using anything else in dendro comps basically doesnt make sense. A lot of people are wrong/misinformed/calcified their opinions on weapons in 2021 (or are outright trolling you by encouraging you to pull BiS for on field fischl). If you really want to know how a weapon does you can go to akasha.cv and see how they actually line up in builds in comps you might run, if you're lucky they'll have a calc up for it.

Here's Xiangling with the catch, homa, SoSS, and you can see theyre all within 10%:

https://akasha.cv/leaderboards/1000002300/200er

No Wave fucked around with this message at 20:10 on Apr 24, 2024

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

please note that 'best weapon' and 'actually meaningful upgrade' are different.

for instance: in a vape team, arlecchino's personal weapon is only 2% better than staff of the scarlet sands. this is not worth rolling for. however, her personal weapon is still her best weapon. these are both true.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

https://gidmgcalculator.web.app/

you can also just use this damage calculator. plug your team and gear in, then swap the weapon out for what you might consider rolling. decide for yourself if the damage increase looks worth bothering with. depending on your gear there might even be a damage decrease, despite the spicier looking weapon model. my diluc's best weapon is mailed flower due to how overloaded on attack and crit his gear is, and i have 3 5* claymores.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

No Wave posted:

Fischl is SO good with stringless now using anything else in dendro comps basically doesnt make sense. A lot of people are wrong/misinformed/calcified their opinions on weapons in 2021 (or are outright trolling you by encouraging you to pull BiS for on field fischl). If you really want to know how a weapon does you can go to akasha.cv and see how they actually line up in builds in comps you might run, if you're lucky they'll have a calc up for it.

Here's Xiangling with the catch, homa, SoSS, and you can see theyre all within 10%:

https://akasha.cv/leaderboards/1000002300/200er

Oh drat, I've just been leaving the Skyward Harp on her this whole time, I didn't even think about swapping her to EM stuff.

Endorph posted:

please note that 'best weapon' and 'actually meaningful upgrade' are different.

for instance: in a vape team, arlecchino's personal weapon is only 2% better than staff of the scarlet sands. this is not worth rolling for. however, her personal weapon is still her best weapon. these are both true.

I'm pretty much only paying attention to whether or not they have a giant crit rate/damage boost on the weapons so that's probably why I'm not doing 700K damage to weekly bosses like everyone else.

Here's another insane roll https://twitter.com/drfnkbeat/status/1782972738866483678

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

I apologize, harp is still great and there are 5*s that outdamage stringless, I shouldnt have made it sound like stringless is undisputed best. Its just pulling for polar star under those conditions is not a good RoI and polar star calcs are written under the assumption that you do an aimed shot every time you summon oz (srsly).

No Wave fucked around with this message at 20:15 on Apr 24, 2024

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

RareAcumen posted:

I'm pretty much only paying attention to whether or not they have a giant crit rate/damage boost on the weapons so that's probably why I'm not doing 700K damage to weekly bosses like everyone else.
a lot of characters dont actually want the giant crit rate/crit damage buffs

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!

Scoss posted:

Tell me about these new Hutao / Cloud Retainer teams. Do they just work well together or is there some secret spice?

It's just replacing your 4th slot with cloud retainer. You use less stamina because of your dive attack, and you still cancel into your jump cancels. It's generally more damage with less stamina. So Hu Tao/XQ/Yelan/Cloud Retainer.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ardlen
Sep 30, 2005
WoT

Scoss posted:

I think instead jump cancelling, you actually do a plunge attack. Something like Normal attack x2, Charge attack, jump, plunge, repeat.